My Thoughts Thus Far

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

#1: NEEDS WEAPON SWAP

#2: Staff is extremely weak. So kitten weak no matter the gear or traits.

#2.5: Needs weapon swap

#3: Staff needs to hit 5, not three.

#3.5: Needs weapon swap

#4: More squishy than thief without the damage.

#5: Needs weapon swap

#6: Extreme lack of build diversity since there’s only three utilities.

#6.5: Needs weapon swap

#7: Needs more damage so bad.

#7.5: Needs weapon swap

#8: Energy use and cool downs?! WTF? Stop this madness. One or the other, please.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

(edited by TheFantasticGman.9451)

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I don’t know about your list, but I definitely think weapon swap would be good.

Seriously, I tried it out today and like what I see. I realize there will be more channels to pick from, but we will still only be able to equip two at a time. Given that those completely determine (at least for the moment) our heal, utility skills, and elite, having the ability to weapon swap doesn’t seem like too much to ask for.

I like the concept, and I can’t wait to start playing one for real, but it needs something else.

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I would prefer being able to swap between 3 channels instead of the current 2 over weapon swaps.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

TheFantasticGman.9451

Need weapon swap. Bad. I’d really really like to be able to go melee then swap to range while in combat… oh, and traits that don’t suck kitten .

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

What we REALLY need is access to ALL our legends.

And another mainhand and offhand.

And traits that were designed by a sane person.

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Need weapon swap. Bad. I’d really really like to be able to go melee then swap to range while in combat… oh, and traits that don’t suck kitten .

You do know that almost all our weapon skill are mid to long range? The only melee skills are mace 1 and staff 1 and 2.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

TheFantasticGman.9451

And skill 1 is the one that is going to be used the most…

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Posted by: Zero.8250

Zero.8250

I agree that a weapon swap would be good for the rev. At least the other professions without weapon swaps have ways to make up for it. I don’t think that having a legend swap puts it on the same level as the elementalist or the engineer, but I guess that’s just me.

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

TheFantasticGman.9451

I agree that a weapon swap would be good for the rev. At least the other professions without weapon swaps have ways to make up for it. I don’t think that having a legend swap puts it on the same level as the elementalist or the engineer, but I guess that’s just a lot of people after reading this profession forum.

Fixed that for you.

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Posted by: Bagera Septim.8547

Bagera Septim.8547

1. Most other weapons such as (staff) which is mainly support skill based and with it being mainly a support skill based weapon “also mele” you are stuck with a mele staff =/ with no considerable dps nor Is there an ability to swap weapons that gives a descent damage or an offensive “buff” for close range! 2. Like the thief the Rev has some skills that allow them to travel directly to the mobs and when you get there the health ratio/hearty-ness of the so-called heavy classed profession melts like butter which is extremely hard to accommodate with the cast times of some of the skills such as the 6 skill over a second while balancing your attacks that are only doing light “dps” with no significant game changer in combat.

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Posted by: Sini.6510

Sini.6510

You forgot 8.5. Needs weapon swap.

I don’t know, I feel like I’m playing half a profession. Stances aside, trying to formulate any attack strategy feels incomplete. Taunt is represented in traits, but in practice is nearly invisible. Other than going full heal (Ventari + Staff) for “future challenging content”, I don’t see how a Rev is more useful than pretty much anything in game.

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Posted by: Beatrice Fallenstar.3591

Beatrice Fallenstar.3591

I’ll start by admitting I enjoy some of it, and I think I get what the class is supposed to be. As an old GW1 player, I like seeing the energy bar getting back into the game.
The ranged hammer skills 1-3-5 have some potential, some cool use.

But at the moment the rev feels like a lot visual fireworks, without much damage output. The utilities and the hammer skills lay down some nice effects, but we were struggling to put out damage and struggling to keep each other alive. If one of those gets set by the wayside, then the other function of the rev better be strong. But it’s not.

Case in point— two of us went into Orr, found a vet abomination. This is a target that both of us have soloed before.
Two of us could not kill the vet.

Melee Mace/Axe— again, feels like the visual highlights eclipse the ability to fit in a party. I like the general idea—it’s pretty mobile, with the two movement skills. The field in mace skill 2, followed by mace 3, makes a nice combo that in group, could really help buff party. I wonder though if it’s still not a little underpowered?

I went rampager’s armor/weps in the hopes that condi damage would be rewarded, but it doesn’t feel like it is.

Buffs and party work— what’s the rev do in parties? I get the Mallyx will suck conditions from party— but is it any more effective than a guardian?

I’d ask: What will MAKE SOMEONE PLAY THIS over guardian or necro? Because I can’t see a compelling reason for it. Necro already pulls condis to it, and has ability to send it out. Guardian buffs party harder and cleanses from the front line, while being more obviously survivable.

I’m not the first to complain about weapon swap. Hammer is range, with melee possibility? Staff is melee damage or melee support? Which one? We aren’t able to suss out how staff fits the party. If it’s melee and support, you’re asking for the rev to get to the frontline, but it hasn’t proved to have the survivability up there to last long.

Why not offer JUST ONE Legendary channel at a time, allow for weapon swap instead, and then allow Legendary channel to be switched out of combat, as a “utility” skill. Imagine the warrior’s F1 skill but activated outside of combat rather than in?
Or keep the F1 functionality and still allow weapon swap (but that might get a little OP?)

I’m not compelled to pick this up. The mobility and energy use interests me greatly, but what I find to be the limitations on it keep me from endorsing it.

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Posted by: Karma.1498

Karma.1498

It definitely needs weapon swap. Unless you add some sort of teleport to target skill to every main hand weapon or a combination of ranged and melee attacks to each weapon set, no weapon swap will be unbearable. Their mobility is terrible.

Three and only three utility skills per legend is ridiculously limited. This is probably the worst part of rev as it is now. Rev class will be very boring if this is intended as permanent. I’m hoping that it’s not.

The variety of conditions that the rev could deal was good, but the condition damage dealt was minimal compared to what other condition classes can do.

It felt too squishy to be a heavily armored class, but it certainly didn’t feel thief-squishy.

I agree that they either need to choose energy cost or cooldown. Maybe one for weapon skills and one for utility skills, but one and only one for each skill.

I’d like to add to your list that the healing skill should not cost energy points. Not being able to heal when you need to even if the skill is off cool down is a terrible idea.

Also, the energy degeneration rate is too quick. You can’t even walk to a nearby enemy before you’re back to 50% from a full bar. Maybe there shouldn’t be energy degeneration when out of combat, especially if weapon skills are also going to use energy. In a long fight, I think this system will get annoying.

The damage was lackluster, but to be fair, the only available back piece was one with celestial stats and the trinkets only had celestial upgrades in them, so maybe that’s part of the reason for the low damage output overall.

Being able to switch between two legends in combat is an interesting idea, but it’s not very useful as an F1 skill. Almost every other class (except thief and warrior) has an awesome set of F1 skills (ranger has their pet’s skills, necro has an entire health bar, engi has a very nice toolbelt of skills, mesmer has their shatters, ele has their attunements, guardian has their virtues). The F1 skills of thieves, warriors, and revs need a big boost. Out of the three crappy F1 skills, rev wins as the crappiest.

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Beatrice Fallenstar.3591

more—

from a PvE perspective— Mallyx form, skill 9— why or what does this do for us in a dungeon? Champ/Legendaries won’t move. and you’d scatter mobs all over the place instead of damaging them.

Dwarf stance skill 6, the yellow-brick road. Lightning field provides less usefullness than LIGHT field. Why not light field, for blasts to create retaliation, which then synergizes with a trait that grants might when struck while you’re under retaliation?
(and for PvP, this penalizes players for not paying attention, interrupting, or avoiding that).

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

I agree to pretty much all of this.

My Thoughts Thus Far

in Revenant

Beatrice Fallenstar.3591

Think about the wep swap some more.
Engineers have no weapon swap, but they have the possibility using kits to create up to 4 more weapons — elixir gun, Flamethrower, nades, bombs, toolkit, Mortar kit PLUS the functionality of the toolbelt F1-F5. OR, they get turrets, which offer their own attack, an overcharged attack, and a possible blast finisher if the engie destroys them.
Ele’s get no swap, but get 4 attunements-- so their lack of swap is compensated for by 20 skills (rather than 10). In addition, there are multiple trait lines and traits offering benefits on attunement switch, attunement recharge, and buffs from particular attunements.

Lacking weapon swap CAN make sense. It doesn’t seem to currently do so. To even out a lack of weapon swap, we’d need to see more flexibility out of the choice of Legend (i.e. 3 active choices instead of two);. or something where active legend affects wep skills — like an elementalist. Attune to Mallyx, hammer does one thing, Attune to Jalis it does another.
Problems with this-- if Legend were to alter the weapon— you’d probably want a ranged weapon to stay ranged, and a melee weapon to stay melee. Thus, you’d be altering attack effect, mechanic, and damage— which could negate a particular armor/trait build.

Just 2 more cents.