My reaction to patch notes

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Im glad i left this game. I mean cool they fixed a few bugs but also nerfed rev even more without any improvements to Jalis, Mallyx, Shiro? All the changes for lazy peeps;

• Precision Strike: Weapon power has now been incorporated in this skill’s damage. Base damage has been normalized. The cooldown of this skill has increased from 5 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP only.
  • Project Tranquility: The aftercast of this skill has been reduced by 0.3 seconds.
  • Ventari’s Will: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds. The healing radius has been increased from 120 to 180.
  • Envoy of Exuberance: Updated the healing skill fact to reflect intended values. (bull..hit)
  • Pulsating Pestilence: This trait has been reworked. Instead of applying torment on incoming hits, this trait will now copy up to 3 conditions on the player to nearby enemies within a range of 240. (useless)
  • Demonic Defiance: This trait will now apply resistance to the player prior to the heal effect of Empowering Misery taking effect. (forcing Mallyx users even more in this trait)
  • Momentary Pacification: This trait has been reworked. When using an elite skill, this trait will now apply an effect to nearby enemies for 3 seconds. At the end of the 3-second countdown, that target will be immobilized. The skill can be dodged or evaded. (I think we asked for something different but lets see how it will work out)
  • Equilibrium: Reduced the damage of this trait by 20% in PvP only. (Okay? How about getting rid of healing and jsut let it deal damage on swap?)
  • Warding Rift: Increased the cooldown of this skill from 10 seconds to 12 seconds. (staff is already kitten sued for block and SOTM only, keep going to delete this wepaon like you did with hammer)
Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Can you say you’re surprised with the amount of crying in spvp about revenants?

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

yeah rev got shafted quite hard this patch.

Although it could be worse. You could main a scrapper. They got truly reamed!!!

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

You mean sPvP subforum? I see no mentions to Revenant.

My first comment of this balance patch?

“The revenant will have to wait another 3 months in order to hope for a better life!”

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Tbh idk how much spvp cried about revenant as i wasnt visiting this sQQvsQQ often.
I knw they will nerf rev tho. What i can say..

Original concept of revenant is gone. Our skills cost energy as they were supposed to come with lower cd’s which is no longer the case. Nobody will tell me that sword has low cd’s when it doesnt. Utility skills also cost kittenton of energy on top of having cd.

The concept of energy no longer apply to revenant and they should get rid of it. Right now its double punishment for little to no reward.. We have 2 sets of utilities.. so what? More often than not its disadvantage right now. We have theoretically access to more utility skills but we cant use them all at once. Those utility skills are not powerful either. 2x utility skills in combat is our profession mechanic but then you have stuff like mesmer/guardian who has f X keys as part of their mechanic.

All in all they will continue to nerfing rev without addressing core issues. I mean how long i have been waiitng for Jalis to become viable? Thats right, since beta. If i ever return to GW i wont touch rev anymore. I rather play something strong that keep getting buffs.

Ps. Sword and Shiro still sux

in Revenant

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Pulsating Pestilence is good for WvW possibly due to the condition copying, since if you’re in zerg combat there WILL be enemies nearby often and there WILL be conditions to toss around. PvE, may be good. PvP, don’t really see it.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

What a kittening joke

So much for the PvE&WvW/PvP Split

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Like, staff was total garbage outside its defensive applications, and they nerfed the defensive skills while not even bothering to buff the autoattack damage or its pitiful 150 health spheres at the end of the auto chain. Staff 2 still costs a metric ton of energy, almost the full cost of a Phase Traversal.

Didn’t even bother actually improving Ventari or Mallyx let alone mainhand Mace either.

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

The Pulsating Pestilence is a buff for condi WvW players(so expect it to get nerfed) as you can control when to pass on the condi.. But i agree anothe month of nerfs for rev, and thiefs get another buff with the venom share.

It is obvious now anet is only interested in PVP, they are so thristy to make gw2 mlg status it is becomming pathetic.

Thief venom cripples wvw fights, it is a op bullkitten skill that takes no skill, now you want to get it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

This is ridiculous really… Revenant complained about in sPvP? Lol… considering the meta condition, revenant just gets shafted by anyone with half a brain and a condi build.

I lvl’d up a necro just to try it in sPvP and have some fun with the class, within the first match I found myself actively seeking out revenants knowing they were completely useless against me. Seems they are more than happy to keep it that way.

And honestly considering the level of effort required to play the revenant in a rev vs necro compared to the guy playing the necro… LOL! What a joke

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Well after reading this bit: “For the most part, this update has mainly been focused on fixing bugs for the revenant. With that said, we’re also looking to improve both Ventari and his trait line. We are being cautious in this regard so that the Legendary Centaur Stance stays in line with the healing potential of similar builds” and seing the buffs made to guardian….I am gonna go Guardian and leave my condi rev alone.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Eh, the patch notes aren’t bad, but just very, very…unimpressive. Again.

The only relevant change is the Pulsating Pestilience one. It’s pretty all right and I will have to test it. I believe it’s nearly always better than Diabolic Inferno at it’s current state and with conditions is many meta builds.

Momentary Pacification trait…I don’t really know what to say, being honest. It’s a short, super visible immobilize with 3 second long build-up that can be dodged, evaded and blocked with 45 ICD.
Could we get the old Momentary Pacification back? Even that one made more sense. What was the idea behind this redesign, who would take that? Was it re-done to this just to match the trait’s name?

I noticed that entering Embrace the Darkness is now instant, but the animation was taken away.

Overall – wait for the next patch?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I’m kinda upset about the Embrace the Darkness animation. I thought it was really cool with how it looked like Mallyx was trying to take over your mind. I hope that’s a bug and not a change.

So tired of cool things being changed into standard boring stuff for the sake of “balance” or whatever the heck reason they have for doing it.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Sure dude, see you in 2070. Maybe by that time they finally rework Jalis.. who i am kididng, that will never happen just as they wont revert icd with stab on dodge.

Btw, does “new” trait copy all stacks or just 1? And whats the duration?

Also given the high cds on wep skills i want to see energy removed from them to make it fair with other classes. Damage on UA also seems to be lwoer than pre patch. Stealth nerf?

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I’m constantly getting stuck when using Unrelenting Assault. It’s way worse than it was before.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Well tablet changes were good, and that’s it on the rev side…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Ilias.8647

Got stuck in place (not inside wall) after a UA use! Couldn’t dodge/move/jump… return to char selection screen and went back in game to be able to move again.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I am gonna go Guardian and leave my condi rev alone.

Guardian is crap in every aspect of the game except large WvW groups (due “Stand Your Ground!”). I say this as a player which mained Guard up to the expansion, investing ~4k hours + 2 legendaries in. Revenant is just better, even relegated to sword #1 aa is still better.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

I am gonna go Guardian and leave my condi rev alone.

Guardian is crap in every aspect of the game except large WvW groups (due “Stand Your Ground!”). I say this as a player which mained Guard up to the expansion, investing ~4k hours + 2 legendaries in. Revenant is just better, even relegated to sword #1 aa is still better.

Pretty much this, the only time Guardian get’s picked up is only if the group is desperate for reflect and DPS, which is useless if the Mesmer is good, or trolling your group in high level fractals by giving perma retaliation to all the trash mobs.

Also I played Ele a lot after I got bored with my Guardian, but Anet nerfed Ele to the point where it’s as clunky as Guard in terms of gameplay and the same stuff is happening with Revenant.

(edited by Amineo.8951)

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Sure dude, see you in 2070. Maybe by that time they finally rework Jalis.. who i am kididng, that will never happen just as they wont revert icd with stab on dodge.

Btw, does “new” trait copy all stacks or just 1? And whats the duration?

Also given the high cds on wep skills i want to see energy removed from them to make it fair with other classes. Damage on UA also seems to be lwoer than pre patch. Stealth nerf?

lol Rym trolling

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

To Buran and Amineo

I mostly do sPvP as I can’t be bothered with collecting gear from raids or fractals to be competent at WvW. I did a coulpe of matches with Scepter+Shield/Sword+Focus and it was pretty good, won 3 out 6 matches.

in Revenant

Ilias.8647

Issue is that with this pace the Revenant feels to “stay behind” more and more.

We end up being left behind more and more each patch. Game progress and professions evolve in each patch while Revenant is battling to get some (not even lots) bug fixes.

Typical example? Revenant’s condition control abilities are so poor that could only be considered ‘viable’ in a time long passed… when the current condi meta was only a crazy-dream! Not to mentions that large reworks needs to take place in Jalis/Ventari and smaller ones to Shiro/Glint/Mallyx and most weapons.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

To Buran and Amineo

I mostly do sPvP as I can’t be bothered with collecting gear from raids or fractals to be competent at WvW. I did a coulpe of matches with Scepter+Shield/Sword+Focus and it was pretty good, won 3 out 6 matches.

Yeah I forgot to mention PvP, DH was subpar compared to other classes last season, now there’s a good chance that it will be meta, with the removal of Clerics amulet, it’s gonna be who has the highest burst and DH are good at that in team fights.

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

To Buran and Amineo

Yeah I forgot to mention PvP, DH was subpar compared to other classes last season, now there’s a good chance that it will be meta, with the removal of Clerics amulet, it’s gonna be who has the highest burst and DH are good at that in team fights.

Yeah that was without DH.

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

A question on the patch notes if someone is familiar and/or tested:

Rift Slash: Weapon damage has now been incorporated in this skill’s secondary damage component. Base damage has been normalized.
Precision Strike: Weapon power has now been incorporated in this skill’s damage. Base damage has been normalized. The cooldown of this skill has increased from 5 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP only.
Unrelenting Assault: Weapon power has now been incorporated in this skill’s damage. Base damage has been normalized.

“Weapon damage has now been incorporated in this skill,” what does that translate to in terms of the skill damage as a percentage, buff or nerf? Also, when the notes say “normalized,” I assume that all 3 hits for PS and all hits for UA deal the around the same damage. Correct?

in Revenant

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

“Weapon damage has now been incorporated in this skill,” what does that translate to in terms of the skill damage as a percentage, buff or nerf? Also, when the notes say “normalized,” I assume that all 3 hits for PS and all hits for UA deal the around the same damage. Correct?

What I assume it means is lower power will deal less damage, while higher power will deal more. Or… it might mean the opposite. I think they weren’t happy with the scaling and that’s what these changes were set to improve.

Fishsticks

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Rift Slash: Weapon damage has now been incorporated in this skill’s secondary damage component. Base damage has been normalized.
Precision Strike: Weapon power has now been incorporated in this skill’s damage. Base damage has been normalized. The cooldown of this skill has increased from 5 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP only.
Unrelenting Assault: Weapon power has now been incorporated in this skill’s damage. Base damage has been normalized.

It means that they are using the sword weapon strength (level 78 exotic sword for PvP) instead of the utility weapon strength (690). It was bugged before you can read is as a 15~44%(ascended sword) damage increase assuming they didn’t nerf the skill coefficient.
But seeing the results in game they most likely did nerf it to give the same output in PvP.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

To Buran and Amineo

It won’t. Guardian bunkers had no damage and no sustain over time, so wasn’t viable at all and now without the cleric amulet his only strenght (team support) is even worse (not like they could compete against othe healers, anyway). So meditation DH is still the best Guardian build, despite being trash tier. Now after 13 months outside the pro pvp meta the Guardian faces another three months of uselessness in high level play, so they can reach the 16th month -and being very close of the uselessnes streak of the Warrior at the beguining of the game.

Rev has weakness, but at least they still can grant one per team in each pro league team.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

To Buran and Amineo

It won’t. Guardian bunkers had no damage and no sustain over time, so wasn’t viable at all and now without the cleric amulet his only strenght (team support) is even worse (not like they could compete against othe healers, anyway). So meditation DH is still the best Guardian build, despite being trash tier. Now after 13 months outside the pro pvp meta the Guardian faces another three months of uselessness in high level play, so they can reach the 16th month -and being very close of the uselessnes streak of the Warrior at the beguining of the game.

Rev has weakness, but at least they still can grant one per team in each pro league team.

Don’t be too sure about it. In pro leagues revs needed Auramancers which were hard nerfed.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: iroh.2871

iroh.2871

I still play condi rev in PvE and it still sucks so… no changes here! :P

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

It means that they are using the sword weapon strength (level 78 exotic sword for PvP) instead of the utility weapon strength (690). It was bugged before you can read is as a 15~44%(ascended sword) damage increase assuming they didn’t nerf the skill coefficient.
But seeing the results in game they most likely did nerf it to give the same output in PvP.

I did limited testing yesterday, and its seems PS, UA and third sword AA are hitting in PvE between 5-10% stronger. I have not seen PS bug out so far, but UA has a new bug as already noted.

As for the changes, not much has changed. Overall it seems it that sword and staff will be the only viable weapons, with staff’s damage remaining in trash mode. You would have to use power builds with Glint as the main legend in everything. The problem with Rev more than any other class was diversity and bugs. The patch did not remotely address diversity (the Ventari/salvation changes are useless) and we still have glaring bugs.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

I did limited testing yesterday, and its seems PS, UA and third sword AA are hitting in PvE between 5-10% stronger. I have not seen PS bug out so far, but UA has a new bug as already noted.

As for the changes, not much has changed. Overall it seems it that sword and staff will be the only viable weapons, with staff’s damage remaining in trash mode. You would have to use power builds with Glint as the main legend in everything. The problem with Rev more than any other class was diversity and bugs. The patch did not remotely address diversity (the Ventari/salvation changes are useless) and we still have glaring bugs.

They would have worked fine, disregarding momentary pacification, hadn’t they removed clerics amulet…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

They would have worked fine, disregarding momentary pacification, hadn’t they removed clerics amulet…

I don’t know man…surprisingly enough I’ve had quite a few laughs and good matches with Momentary Pacification (did like 7 matches with different setups which contained Momentary Pacification) and from what I can tell Momentary Pacification is a newb test…if you can’t dodge stuff like shiro ult you get put in very nasty situations – for example on Capricorn I had this one team fight where I managed to land Jade Fart in the face of like 3 dudes who were somewhere between 60% to 75%. If it weren’t momentary pacification 1 of them would have gotten away,but thanks to Momentary Pacification I caught up to the bloke before he could heal back up.

Overall for sPvP I find Salvation gimmicky with the new Momentary Pacification.

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

in Revenant

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

yeah rev got shafted quite hard this patch.

Although it could be worse. You could main a scrapper. They got truly reamed!!!

sigh yeah…my PvP main is a scrapper and it got shafted….hard (almost cried).

Had a good gyro build that I am debating bidding farewell to

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights