Nerfs too harsh?

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I mean, I certainly see why they would do it, as revenant was very strong (power variant only) even after so many nerfs, the profession just takes a lot of skill and honestly I never could understand why ppl cried about it being weak, cause every time I played it I had much more presence and chance to win games. But still I think the nerfs were a bit too harsh.

I mean, Surge of Mists and Precision strike were like 70% of revenants damage. Rather than reducing the revenants boon application (which would be much more fair, as herald has some insane boon application), they nerfed the damage. I don’t think this was the right way to do it.

Also, maybe revenant losing most of it’s damage will reveal how many other glaring issues rev has. (just as ele losing lots of its healing with nerfs showed how bad everything else except healbot is)

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Apparently a 50 percent reduction is only “slightly” lessening an ability’s damage.

GG arenanet on removing revenants from pvp as well as raiding. What actually are they meant to be used for again?

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

That balance patch should be charged for murder, really.

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Iain Ross.6903

Iain Ross.6903

Apparently a 50 percent reduction is only “slightly” lessening an ability’s damage.

GG arenanet on removing revenants from pvp as well as raiding. What actually are they meant to be used for again?

Rev’s damage, not an ability, read next time plx. Also, rev will still be meta.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

The nerf to Surge of the Mists damage seems huge, but it’s in line with what I expect is the intended functionality of staff (CC, not burst damage). However, I would’ve expected a nerf like this to come with a reduction in energy cost or cooldown.

I don’t think Precision Strike needed the nerf. Yes, it could hit a single target hard, but only under circumstances in which there were no other players, pets, or inanimate objects in range.

The increased cooldown of Warding Rift is also unnecessary, in my opinion.

The reduced energy cost of Debilitating Slam is very welcome, though with the long cast time on Punishing Sweep, I still doubt it will get much use.

And finally, the added stunbreak on Pain Absorption is pretty huge and shouldn’t be underestimated!

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Alright I give up on rev. I am already just about as confident on dragon hunter and druid with a fraction of the effort put into them it just isn’t worth try-harding it anymore.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I was considering playing revenant this season after maining ranger for 4+ years. Looks like you guys got the ranger treatment though… so long suckers!

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

For me that was the October 18th patch. I was using the condi build and that one destroyed any sort of viability of condi Herald.

Due I don’t like the power Herald (I left that boat in June) as soon as the October patch killed the Glint-Mallyx build I stopped playing the class (all fronts) in the game. I care 0 about the new patch: condi is still useless, hammer is still useless, and sword and staff were previously nerfed in several occasions (Warding Rift cd went from 10s to 12 to 15 now; Surge of the Mist lost 15% damage, then another 15% and now another 50%), Precision Strike got butchered (from 600 to 450 range, from 4s cd to 5 then 6, now 33% less damage), and so on…

The Herald ranged game is a joke, the condition cleansing non-existent, the stability access is banned… The legend system makes the class unflexible, sclerotic, unable to adapt and entirely reliant on the team support. Now the “top build” is very close to lose his “competitive” status, but for months has remained unappealing to me.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

For me that was the October 18th patch. I was using the condi build and that one destroyed any sort of viability of condi Herald.

Due I don’t like the power Herald (I left that boat in June) as soon as the October patch killed the Glint-Mallyx build I stopped playing the class (all fronts) in the game. I care 0 about the new patch: condi is still useless, hammer is still useless, and sword and staff were previously nerfed in several occasions (Warding Rift cd went from 10s to 12 to 15 now; Surge of the Mist lost 15% damage, then another 15% and now another 50%), Precision Strike got butchered (from 600 to 450 range, from 4s cd to 5 then 6, now 33% less damage), and so on…

The Herald ranged game is a joke, the condition cleansing non-existent, the stability access is banned… The legend system makes the class unflexible, sclerotic, unable to adapt and entirely reliant on the team support. Now the “top build” is very close to lose his “competitive” status, but for months has remained unappealing to me.

Revenant is now hard to play AND unrewarding

Indeed, they nerfed both main builds one at a time

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I’m sorry it’s because of me… I started playing Rev and I can’t have anything nice…

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

Revenant is now hard to play AND unrewarding

Indeed, they nerfed both main builds one at a time

What was the other main build?

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

People think playing revenant is easy. But in fact druid/dh/tempest all are easier for me to play than a rev. And I cannot see what a rev can bring to a raid while there are so many other options. I really like the concept, but there are several problems that should be fixed before rev being a valid profession.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: torben.1532

torben.1532

Explain me please how rev will be meta if it’s main purpose is mobility and high burst dmg in teamfights when the burst is removed from the dmg, ty

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

Explain me please how rev will be meta if it’s main purpose is mobility and high burst dmg in teamfights when the burst is removed from the dmg, ty

In the current state rev is op as it has insane teamfight (the team with rev in the teamfight is favoured, every time) insane mobility and +1, and on top of that decent 1v1’s. The nerf to staff 5 is justified, it’ll still be rly good as utility, mass cc on stomp/ress and before burst, and it will still do good dmg, it’s just that it was op before. That nerf isn’t half the rev’s dmg, it’s like 5 or 10% total nerf to rev’s damage that was far too superior in the first place. The dmg nerf to precision is also justified. At launch it would be 1 projectile (1v1 and +1), so it will still be twice that dmg.

Ppl get stuck on the raw nerf numbers and ignore the results. If I have value of 5 and u have a value of 20, and you get nerfed by 50% and I get nerfed by 20%, ppl will still QQ about the 50% as if it killed your value compared to mine even tho I’m at 4k and ur at 10k. Rev was ridiculously strong (best class in the game) and the changes are justified, ty.

I’m Obindo btw.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

In the current state rev is op as it has insane teamfight (the team with rev in the teamfight is favoured, every time) insane mobility and +1, and on top of that decent 1v1’s. The nerf to staff 5 is justified, it’ll still be rly good as utility, mass cc on stomp/ress and before burst, and it will still do good dmg, it’s just that it was op before. That nerf isn’t half the rev’s dmg, it’s like 5 or 10% total nerf to rev’s damage that was far too superior in the first place. The dmg nerf to precision is also justified. At launch it would be 1 projectile (1v1 and +1), so it will still be twice that dmg.

Ppl get stuck on the raw nerf numbers and ignore the results. If I have value of 5 and u have a value of 20, and you get nerfed by 50% and I get nerfed by 20%, ppl will still QQ about the 50% as if it killed your value compared to mine even tho I’m at 4k and ur at 10k. Rev was ridiculously strong (best class in the game) and the changes are justified, ty.

I’m Obindo btw.

Sword 2 was the bread and butter. Staff 5 was the burst. We were essentially a bursty fighter. What’s left? Spam staff 2 because it costs 5 less energy? They nerfed the playstyle of the class and the fun of it. That’s a massive mistake to do by a balance team.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

I’m Obindo btw.

Sword 2 was the bread and butter. Staff 5 was the burst. We were essentially a bursty fighter. What’s left? Spam staff 2 because it costs 5 less energy? They nerfed the playstyle of the class and the fun of it. That’s a massive mistake to do by a balance team.

They did neither of those things.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

So, they think rev is OP in team fights, but they nerf the damage of precision strike, an ability that is super hard to land for max damage in team fights… Okay.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

So, they think rev is OP in team fights, but they nerf the damage of precision strike, an ability that is super hard to land for max damage in team fights… Okay.

+1’s, 1v1’s. It was ridiculously strong, and still is good.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: torben.1532

torben.1532

I’m Obindo btw.

On paper the patch looks devastating, I might have overreacted a little and will have to see the new rev in action but I am kinda upset about the fact that tons of dmg are removed and we don’t get anything in return, even survivalbility got nerfed with staff 3 cd increase.
Isn’t this your second account?

(edited by torben.1532)

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

I’m Obindo btw.

On paper the patch looks devastating, I might have overreacted a little and will have to see the new rev in action but I am kinda upset about the fact that tons of dmg are removed and we don’t get anything in return, even survivalbility got nerfed with staff 3 cd increase.
I know that you are obindo btw

It should be a preview

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

They did neither of those things.

Well, I agree in that they didn’t nerf the fun of the class… due power Herald wasn’t fun to play (at least for me). But since UA is bad in team fights (the more targets, the less focused damage) and the burst of Precission Strike and Surge of the Mist is gone, how do you expect to kill the tankiest builds? Be aware that those classes can make mistakes and still carry the match, a luxury than a class hardcounterd by condis and cc can’t, and less hitting like a wet towel.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: dtox.8397

dtox.8397

I think revs dmg come (came) with the cost of their survivability.Great dmg but lacking healing skills and stab.Revs can do good in team fights cuz they can just deal great dmg,retreat for a while and go back again.UA and PS arent good tf skills making surge of the mist one of the main sources of high target dmg in team fights.I think now revs are more like a +1 class than anything,which is a shame since thieves do it better due their high mobility

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Xibalbar.7459

Xibalbar.7459

I’m Obindo btw.

Well, a warri main is defending the nerf of rev. Seems your dream come true to have the advantage over duels and take the spot with your class in the next meta. You cant be serious tht the main sources of damage and burst gets nerfed and rev will be still viable. They nerfed the whole rotation of damage and a revs current problem to need a babysitter for competive play against condis is not worth to gets adressed ?

The logic of a warri.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

and still almost no condi cleanse at all, gg.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Upcoming-Changes-to-Skills

A message from the PvP Team:

Revenant

Revenant is in an interesting place in PvP. It’s undoubtedly one of the more difficult professions to play, but when mastered it is devastating on the battlefield. We’re going to bring some elements of the main power build down slightly, while attempting to address the lack of stun-break in the standard Mallyx condition build.

• Surge of the Mists: The damage of this ability has been reduced by 50% in PvP only.
  • Precision Strike: The damage of this ability has been reduced by 33% in PvP only.
  • Warding Rift: The cooldown of this ability has been increased from 12 to 15 seconds in PvP only.
  • Debilitating Slam: The energy cost of this ability has been reduced from 15 to 10.
  • Pain Absorption: This ability now breaks stun.

Some people seem to forget that most of these skill changes are PvP only and even with some damage reduction Precision Strike will still be good. Its not like these skill changes wont hurt, but Revenant wont be destroyed.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

I’m Obindo btw.

Well, a warri main is defending the nerf of rev. Seems your dream come true to have the advantage over duels and take the spot with your class in the next meta. You cant be serious tht the main sources of damage and burst gets nerfed and rev will be still viable. They nerfed the whole rotation of damage and a revs current problem to need a babysitter for competive play against condis is not worth to gets adressed ?

The logic of a warri.

While I don’t play it a lot, rev is my 2nd. You say I want rev to be nerfed and that I can take the spot in the next meta, then why would I, as you say, defend it and say it will still be meta? I say it will still be meta because I understand the game and don’t just look at a number, 50%, and then think omg! that means we’re 50% worse than every other class QQQQQQQQQQQQ. It’s about 10-15% nerfed dmg (mind u that staff 5 is a utility).

I already made this example,

If every other class has a value of 15k and rev has a a value of 20k, and to be generous, rev gets nerfed 20%. Ppl will still cry about the 20% and go BabyRage about the other classes not getting the same nerf, even tho you’re still at 16k and 1k above the other classes.

The logic of random nonames.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Xibalbar.7459

Xibalbar.7459

I’m Obindo btw.

The logic of a warri.

While I don’t play it a lot, rev is my 2nd. You say I want rev to be nerfed and that I can take the spot in the next meta, then why would I, as you say, defend it and say it will still be meta? I say it will still be meta because I understand the game and don’t just look at a number, 50%, and then think omg! that means we’re 50% worse than every other class QQQQQQQQQQQQ. It’s about 10-15% nerfed dmg (mind u that staff 5 is a utility).

If every other class has a value of 15k and rev has a a value of 20k, and to be generous, rev gets nerfed 20%. Ppl will still cry about the 20% and go BabyRage about the other classes not getting the same nerf, even tho you’re still at 16k and 1k above the other classes.

I dont care about your simple arguments. Fact is tht most of you warri mains just bring in every professionsub-forum some points for nerfs and i cant read anything about this objective “proleague” player arguments for your own classes. Specially yours noobindo.

And dont try to tell anyone who you are. You are good, but not tht much tht anybody wants to build a shrine for you. I play in same mmr area like you and faced you alot, like rom and others. So dont be the villageboy. Its a fact tht rev gets hitted hard.

But its Noobindos logic.

(edited by Xibalbar.7459)

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

I’m Obindo btw.

The logic of a warri.

I dont care about your simple arguments. Fact is tht most of you warri mains just bring in every professionsub-forum some points for nerfs and i cant read anything about this objective “proleague” player arguments for your own classes. Specially yours noobindo.

And dont try to tell anyone who you are. You are good, but not tht much tht anybody wants to build a shrine for you. I play in same mmr area like you and faced you alot, like rom and others. So dont be the villageboy. Its a fact tht rev gets hitted hard.

But its Noobindos logic.

The first paragraph made no sense, I say rev is still good because it is, and I went here coz I knew the general stupidity would QQ about it anyways. I told him who I am because we’re acquintances/friends.

I never tried to imply it myself but I am top tier. And you “being in the same mmr” is a hilarious statement, since the system is broken, especially in off-season now, I get in matches with ppl who play full signet thieves and keyboard turn and afk on point, so gratz if you’re proud to be in those matches LUL.

It’s a fact that rev is still good and meta

Amber logic

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

]
Some people seem to forget that most of these skill changes are PvP only and even with some damage reduction Precision Strike will still be good. Its not like these skill changes wont hurt, but Revenant wont be destroyed.

Well last patch already took them out of the Raid Meta, so PvP was about all Rev’s had left for end-game content.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

I dunno whether this was entirely warranted, it feels kinda kneejerk to me. Then again, it’s better to wait and see how it actually works before preaching doom and gloom.

And as always: Remember “meta” is meant for organized team play and synergy, in random solo queue you can make anything work if you have your wits about you.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

The first paragraph made no sense, I say rev is still good because it is, and I went here coz I knew the general stupidity would QQ about it anyways. I told him who I am because we’re acquintances/friends.

I never tried to imply it myself but I am top tier. And you “being in the same mmr” is a hilarious statement, since the system is broken, especially in off-season now, I get in matches with ppl who play full signet thieves and keyboard turn and afk on point, so gratz if you’re proud to be in those matches LUL.

Amber logic

Yeah lol it’s still meta because the meta hasn’t changed yet, idk what’s your point in saying that. I was in a match yesterday with Phantaram yesterday and he was testing condi rev, which he hasn’t played (on his stream) in over a year. I asked him after the match how it went and he said “yeah it still sucks.” I wonder why he’d be testing it when he plays power rev? The stunbreak on Mallyx hasn’t been added yet so he wasn’t testing out the changes, I think he was evaluating whether he’d want to play it in the next season. Not that he plays rev much anymore. Power rev is still good, but now it’s missing its burst from staff 5, and sword 2.

Lack of burst is also largely the issue with condi rev, which has high amounts of torment at low energy cost, but few cover condis to protect the “burst.” And ofc anybody can just stand still and smack the condi rev in the face to cut the torment damage in half. Rev probably has some big changes ahead but it’s unrealistic to act like power rev will be meta after Tuesday, as its biggest bursts have been toned down significantly. Boonbotting is now the only thing that makes rev a better choice than multiple other power builds that have high single-target damage, with the changes DH is a superior choice due to its better defensive utilities, AoE denial/damage, and control. Even without Piercing Light, Meditrapper still has 3 separate CCs with F1, shield 5 and LB 3.

As to your point about “insane” mobility, Phase Traversal is insanely good at chasing targets. It’s terrible for general mobility since it can only move towards an enemy. Because it’s the only high-mobility skill Rev has, it’s inferior to a Thief’s ability to decap. Rev ties thief for roaming between 2 owned points, but is no more useful for decapping than mesmer or even lightning flash ele. Not really what I’d call insane but you can go crazy about it if you want. Rev’s mobility does not offer it a special role on the battlefield, so I’m not feeling the insanity.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

Amber logic

Yeah lol it’s still meta because the meta hasn’t changed yet, idk what’s your point in saying that. I was in a match yesterday with Phantaram yesterday and he was testing condi rev, which he hasn’t played (on his stream) in over a year. I asked him after the match how it went and he said “yeah it still sucks.” I wonder why he’d be testing it when he plays power rev? The stunbreak on Mallyx hasn’t been added yet so he wasn’t testing out the changes, I think he was evaluating whether he’d want to play it in the next season. Not that he plays rev much anymore. Power rev is still good, but now it’s missing its burst from staff 5, and sword 2.

Lack of burst is also largely the issue with condi rev, which has high amounts of torment at low energy cost, but few cover condis to protect the “burst.” And ofc anybody can just stand still and smack the condi rev in the face to cut the torment damage in half. Rev probably has some big changes ahead but it’s unrealistic to act like power rev will be meta after Tuesday, as its biggest bursts have been toned down significantly. Boonbotting is now the only thing that makes rev a better choice than multiple other power builds that have high single-target damage, with the changes DH is a superior choice due to its better defensive utilities, AoE denial/damage, and control. Even without Piercing Light, Meditrapper still has 3 separate CCs with F1, shield 5 and LB 3.

As to your point about “insane” mobility, Phase Traversal is insanely good at chasing targets. It’s terrible for general mobility since it can only move towards an enemy. Because it’s the only high-mobility skill Rev has, it’s inferior to a Thief’s ability to decap. Rev ties thief for roaming between 2 owned points, but is no more useful for decapping than mesmer or even lightning flash ele. Not really what I’d call insane but you can go crazy about it if you want. Rev’s mobility does not offer it a special role on the battlefield, so I’m not feeling the insanity.

“Rev is still meta” = Rev will still be meta after the changes. “still”. You’re just intentionally misinterpreting to try and make your wrong point across, but it just makes you look stupid. You even urself said “Power rev is still good”. Gj.

The meta will still 90% sure be power rev unless something hidden is found.

The only big change is the cd increase to the staff block, and to some extrent sword 2. Staff 5? You’re just extremely spoiled, and can’t look past a raw number of change.

A rev doesn’t go for decap. Every time it moves it has a target. so it does have insane mobility.

(edited by Iain Ross.6903)

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Oneira.7691

Oneira.7691

Amber logic

“Rev is still meta” = Rev will still be meta after the changes. “still”. You’re just intentionally misinterpreting to try and make your wrong point across, but it just makes you look stupid. You even urself said “Power rev is still good”. Gj.

The only big change is the cd increase to the staff block, and to some extrent sword 2. Staff 5? You’re just extremely spoiled, and can’t look past a raw number of change.

A rev doesn’t go for decap. Every time it moves it has a target. so it does have insane mobility.

I would just like to ask, how is it that you’re so kitten-sure that Revs will still be meta after these nerfs? Have you extensively tested the changes and do your observations match with other Rev players, from the not-so experienced to the highly experienced?

And please, do not continue with the L2P line. Every time a class gets nerfed that line gets repeated. It’s an insult to the players.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

Amber logic

I would just like to ask, how is it that you’re so kitten-sure that Revs will still be meta after these nerfs? Have you extensively tested the changes and do your observations match with other Rev players, from the not-so experienced to the highly experienced?

And please, do not continue with the L2P line. Every time a class gets nerfed that line gets repeated. It’s an insult to the players.

Because I understand the game and I look at the result not raw change numbers.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Huskyboy.1053

Yeah rev is still good, I did say that. Lots of builds are “good” but nothing more. Speaking of misinterpretation, I said that as a deprecating remark, not agreeing with you that you’re right. Power rev went from being an excellent role to a mediocre one. It can still do its job well, but it’s now clearly inferior to DH for single-target damage. And there’s been only a tiny concession on staff 2 that doesn’t in any way cover for rev’s continuing weakness to condi.

As to your point about it having a target, you’re reaching. As you pointed out, rev can’t fill the useful role of decapper. It’s just another profession that can move between points, WOW. Again, thief is superior in that capacity, and ele and mesmer can achieve the same result with lightning flash, or portal and blink, respectively. Phase traversal isn’t spammable due to the 5s recharge so rev can’t just instantly move between points.

I still don’t really get why you defend the change; you keep saying that you don’t look at raw numbers, so what are you looking at? You’ve claimed in another thread to have a high IQ, so I assume there’s substance backing your argument, yet you continue only making generalizations and insulting others. With the death of 5-mans, rev’s still-untouched aoe CC skills are significantly less useful, as you can only coordinate with one other player at a time. All-in-one DPS roles that don’t rely on teammates’ cooperation are more useful in a solo/duo queue, and as rev’s ability to destroy squishies just got nerfed, it’s a less desirable choice. I really struggle to understand why you think it’s still superior or at least equal to DH in solo/duo queue. If you’re just arguing that braindeads will take it because Metabattle says it’s still meta then yeah you’re right, but bad choices by low-skill players aren’t the subject of this thread.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

Yeah rev is still good, I did say that. Lots of builds are “good” but nothing more. Speaking of misinterpretation, I said that as a deprecating remark, not agreeing with you that you’re right. Power rev went from being an excellent role to a mediocre one. It can still do its job well, but it’s now clearly inferior to DH for single-target damage. And there’s been only a tiny concession on staff 2 that doesn’t in any way cover for rev’s continuing weakness to condi.

As to your point about it having a target, you’re reaching. As you pointed out, rev can’t fill the useful role of decapper. It’s just another profession that can move between points, WOW. Again, thief is superior in that capacity, and ele and mesmer can achieve the same result with lightning flash, or portal and blink, respectively. Phase traversal isn’t spammable due to the 5s recharge so rev can’t just instantly move between points.

I still don’t really get why you defend the change; you keep saying that you don’t look at raw numbers, so what are you looking at? You’ve claimed in another thread to have a high IQ, so I assume there’s substance backing your argument, yet you continue only making generalizations and insulting others. With the death of 5-mans, rev’s still-untouched aoe CC skills are significantly less useful, as you can only coordinate with one other player at a time. All-in-one DPS roles that don’t rely on teammates’ cooperation are more useful in a solo/duo queue, and as rev’s ability to destroy squishies just got nerfed, it’s a less desirable choice. I really struggle to understand why you think it’s still superior or at least equal to DH in solo/duo queue. If you’re just arguing that braindeads will take it because Metabattle says it’s still meta then yeah you’re right, but bad choices by low-skill players aren’t the subject of this thread.

Rev’s doesn’t decap because it’s a waste of the rev. It dominates the teamfights and goes +1.

I’ll remake an example.

If I have a value of 15 ( doesn’t matter what the value indicates ) and you have a value of 20. Then I don’t get nerfed, but you get nerfed by 20%. People will still QQ about the 20% (the raw change) and say that it’s you that is the dead class, Even tho you’re still at 16 and 1 above me. (I don’t imply anything by me/you, just simpler than x/y)

It’s better than DH coz it has better dmg, survivability, teamfight, mobility and +1.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Huskyboy.1053

Yeah I understand your examples, the issue is that the numbers are arbitrary. Rev also does not have better survivability than DH, dunno where you got that. In a very specific situation, 1v1 or 1v2 versus pure power classes, power rev has much better survivability. That’s it. Any whiff of condi and rev does worse than Meditrapper, which has 2 condi clearing meditations (if they take contemplation of purity), condi clear on F2 and infinite block for 4s on F3, invuln on their elite (72s recharge) and then they can reuse their virtues.

Also Meditrapper has 1200 range, rev does not, you’re not taking that into account. That’s both an offensive advantage (can hit from range and attack from outside enemy’s aoe) and a defensive advantage (can avoid dangerous melee attacks). With the updates, the only category where I agree that DH is inferior is mobility, that’s an easy win for rev. Power rev doesn’t have the AoE denial of a DH which is very useful in conquest, and now its damage isn’t so superior. It’s easy to say that rev’s AA does much higher damage, and it does, but with LB, DH just lands its AA and true shot in many more combat situations. Rev has a lot of bad matchups whereas DH is very flexible, its only bad matchups is a 2v2 vs either a condi necro or a condi rev (Ha!).

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

Yeah I understand your examples, the issue is that the numbers are arbitrary. Rev also does not have better survivability than DH, dunno where you got that. In a very specific situation, 1v1 or 1v2 versus pure power classes, power rev has much better survivability. That’s it. Any whiff of condi and rev does worse than Meditrapper, which has 2 condi clearing meditations (if they take contemplation of purity), condi clear on F2 and infinite block for 4s on F3, invuln on their elite (72s recharge) and then they can reuse their virtues.

Also Meditrapper has 1200 range, rev does not, you’re not taking that into account. That’s both an offensive advantage (can hit from range and attack from outside enemy’s aoe) and a defensive advantage (can avoid dangerous melee attacks). With the updates, the only category where I agree that DH is inferior is mobility, that’s an easy win for rev. Power rev doesn’t have the AoE denial of a DH which is very useful in conquest, and now its damage isn’t so superior. It’s easy to say that rev’s AA does much higher damage, and it does, but with LB, DH just lands its AA and true shot in many more combat situations. Rev has a lot of bad matchups whereas DH is very flexible, its only bad matchups is a 2v2 vs either a condi necro or a condi rev (Ha!).

Nothing you’re trying to say is correct. Also, rev is far better than DH, especially when it comes to survivability, and trying to say otherwise is just stupid.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Wiler.9873

Wiler.9873

people saying “revenant was too OP”

What the hell is wrong with you?

I went from amber to Diamond with Guardian and I DON’T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!!!

(don’t believe me? there was even a post on reddit about it or I can share my match history)

Seriously get another argument because if a revenant actually kicks your kitten so easily it is because he is really good and you might not be bad but that guy is better than you

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

BlaqueFyre.5678

(don’t believe me? there was even a post on reddit about it or I can share my match history)

Seriously get another argument because if a revenant actually kicks your kitten so easily it is because he is really good and you might not be bad but that guy is better than you

League placement means absolutely nothing s1-s4 literally nothing since the system pre chose teams to win and so on people were carried by the system you could be semi afk and get to Ruby/diamond every match… yay for safeguards!!!

And no if a Rev kicked your kitten easily it means he’s spammed his rotation, that doesn’t take skill for the Rev rotation currently, but. It is always fun to juke a Rev and their rotation watch keep pressing the buttons and I am not there to take the damage.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Iain Ross.6903

The fact that u didn’t get legend says a lot lmao. Everyone got legend easily, no matter how bad they were and how bad the build, hence the seasons sucked.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Wiler.9873

Wiler.9873

The fact that u didn’t get legend says a lot lmao. Everyone got legend easily, no matter how bad they were and how bad the build, hence the seasons sucked.

I would have made it to legi but I was on finals :$ real world is a kitten

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

the stun break for condi was much needed, that is a complete game changer.

we will see in the next update.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I just stopped by to drink your tears.

~Rev tears, a taste sensation!

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

BlaqueFyre.5678

I just stopped by to drink your tears.

~Rev tears, a taste sensation!

Don’t drink them all, spread the wealth!!!

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Played a few matches with Rev, its still really good. Time to kill, honestly was just slightly reduced. Staff 5 eh, I never used it for damage anyways. Mainly used it for cc on people trying to res downed team mates, stopping a stomp from happening, or another evade.

A full staff 5 burst takes around 20% of the enemies health if fully connected. Combined with weapon swap hyro sigil burst and equilibrium just from one legend swap still deals a ton of damage, and accomplished within the matter of 2 seconds.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Played a few matches with Rev, its still really good. Time to kill, honestly was just slightly reduced. Staff 5 eh, I never used it for damage anyways. Mainly used it for cc on people trying to res downed team mates, stopping a stomp from happening, or another evade.

A full staff 5 burst takes around 20% of the enemies health if fully connected. Combined with weapon swap hyro sigil burst and equilibrium just from one legend swap still deals a ton of damage, and accomplished within the matter of 2 seconds.

If a fully connecting staff burst takes 20 percent of enemy health, that’s terrible.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

If a fully connecting staff burst takes 20 percent of enemy health, that’s terrible.

It used to take about half, now it takes about a quarter, no surprises there.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

In other words, you hit like a vegetarian
Being honest while i do agree with damage nerf with surge it also should come up with staff buffs in general and surge cd reduced to 15sec along with cost. Staff is probably f useless right now i guess.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Nerfs too harsh?

in Revenant

Posted by: Chungo.3169

Chungo.3169

They said cut down LIGHTLY !!! And they have left the staff unusable, sword2 is laughable … only AA remains until satiated … rev vs (thief, guard, mesmer, engi, druid, necro, war) is to lose and not only that … A little cc or a blast condition and you will be dead.

Rip rev (since it was the only useful build) and the opinions of people like “keep on meta …” make me cry with laughter.

They have spent a lot with this nerf, but since there are many ignorant writing attack after attack to the rev profession, so we have finished the revs, outside raids, out of pvp and soon eliminate the class completely.