New Skills for Revenant (your Suggestions)

in Revenant

Posted by: Hawk.1798

Hawk.1798

New Skills Suggestions

With the Changes to the Revenant adding extra damage and healing with reduced cool downs, will there be new skills to allow even more vertsitility?

+1 to devs for weapon swap.

Legendary Centaur Stance

• Seting the tablet to auto-follow, this could be done by setting a secondary heal skill that sets the tablet to ‘Follow’.

‘Follow’ could have less heals, more pulses with no heal when tablet touches a player. E.g. 25 healing per pulse, 5 pulse per second (Not specced to Healing Power) increased to 50-60 spec’d. This would encourage stacking to the Revenant and let the player choose when to set the tablet to follow.

• Another suggestion would be a utility skill, for a duration allow the tablet to pulse X boon per X seconds to all nearby allies at X energy cost, such as swiftness or might helping with boon generation
  • I believe even with the increased push back on the elite the Centaur, I believe a random boon should be given, any pushed back enemy a random condition.

due to only using Centaur stance during the beta weekend. I have only Centaur suggestions, perhaps better restistance on the Dwarf stance

Please post your suggestions below.

When is the Next Open-beta to test the new Stance?

(edited by Hawk.1798)

in Revenant

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

My suggestion is to make a second set of utilities for each stance, or at least 1-2 more, the main reason is that with the actual skills you’re just rolling into a stance for 1 or 2 skills, at most (including the heals), as for changes in the current skills I have some suggestions:

Legendary Dwarf Stance: overall the utilities are solid, since it needs a physical tankiness feel I would add either a passive (through traits) or active way to get protection in certain situations, suggested skills and changes are as follows:
-Soothing Stone: Heal yourself and remove up to 3 conditions. Gain Protection (3s) for each condition removed.
-Vengeful Hammers: Invoke hammers to circle around you, damaging foes (damage: 580), gain retaliaton (2s) for each foe struck, energy upkeep cost: 9
-Dwarven Resilience: energy cost: 15 cast time 1/2 s CD: 35 s, grants your party Protection 4s and Stability 2 stacks 4s, 450 range.
-By Ural’s Hammer!: energy cost 10 cast time 3/4 CD: 30s, grants party wide Swiftness 10s and fury 4s range 600
Trait changes: Steadfast Rejuvenation to Steadfast Defense: 30% chance to gain protection (4s) when striking a foe 10s ICD.

in Revenant

Rygg.6237

Legendary Demon Stance: the stance is meant to minimize condition damage to yourself and deal condition damage yet there’s not much condition pressure from the Mace/Axe and stance skills, as far as I see the theme it’s not quite about dealing condition damage, but manipulating the conditions in the battlefield, stacking them on you and dealing more damage traits are good, the problem is there’s no place for a build based on Mallyx on PvE, and you can get easily overpowered by condition builds on PvP/WvW because if there’s too much pressure on you you’ll run out of energy.

Pain Absorption: reduce cost to 25 energy, increase resistance to 2 stacks of 2 seconds
Empowering Misery: Increase Healing to 4,6200, self weakness makes the resistance on LD stance skills a must or usage while in elite form, allows room for interesting plays, but chokes you if you’re in a dire situation because of the low burst heal vs pressure applied to you OR add an additional effect instead of increasing the base heal: +3 energy per condition on you
New Skill Suggestions:
-Consume Torment: Energy: 30, Cast: 3/4 CD: 20s Range: 600 Remove stacks of Torment from your foe, for each stack removed you deal 190 damage and syphon 90 health
-Crippling Anguish: Energy 35, Cast: 1/2, CD: 30s, Your next few attacks have a random chance to cause Weakness (4s), Torment(4s) and Slow (4s) (33% for each condition), 3-5 attacks depending on iterations, self Vulnerability 4 stacks (6 seconds)
-Veil of Shadows: Energy 30, Cast: Instant, CD: 30s, for the next 4 seconds foes that attack you are blinded (2s), grants resistance for 4 seconds, self poison 2 stacks (6s)

Trait Change Suggestions: change yearning empowerment from torment lasts longer to deal 7% more damage to foes suffering torment

in Revenant

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Legendary Demon Stance: the stance is meant to minimize condition damage to yourself and deal condition damage yet there’s not much condition pressure from the Mace/Axe and stance skills, as far as I see the theme it’s not quite about dealing condition damage, but manipulating the conditions in the battlefield, stacking them on you and dealing more damage traits are good, the problem is there’s no place for a build based on Mallyx on PvE, and you can get easily overpowered by condition builds on PvP/WvW because if there’s too much pressure on you you’ll run out of energy.

Pain Absorption: reduce cost to 25 energy, increase resistance to 2 stacks of 2 seconds
Empowering Misery: Increase Healing to 4,6200, self weakness makes the resistance on LD stance skills a must or usage while in elite form, allows room for interesting plays, but chokes you if you’re in a dire situation because of the low burst heal vs pressure applied to you OR add an additional effect instead of increasing the base heal: +3 energy per condition on you
New Skill Suggestions:
-Consume Torment: Energy: 30, Cast: 3/4 CD: 20s Range: 600 Remove stacks of Torment from your foe, for each stack removed you deal 190 damage and syphon 90 health
-Crippling Anguish: Energy 35, Cast: 1/2, CD: 30s, Your next few attacks have a random chance to cause Weakness (4s), Torment(4s) and Slow (4s) (33% for each condition), 3-5 attacks depending on iterations, self Vulnerability 4 stacks (6 seconds)
-Veil of Shadows: Energy 30, Cast: Instant, CD: 30s, for the next 4 seconds foes that attack you are blinded (2s), grants resistance for 4 seconds, self poison 2 stacks (6s)

Trait Change Suggestions: change yearning empowerment from torment lasts longer to deal 7% more damage to foes suffering torment

It doesn’t work properly in pvp or wvw either…. its been tested… and the manipulating conditions thing works well on paper…. but when it is actually applied….. it fails miserably…

You simply do not get enough resistance to survive if you actually plan on hurting your opponents with your conditions… because AT BEST they will have the same amount of negative conditions as you have….. OR LESS.

Completely useless.

Not to mention…. even if you did have enough resistance to make the condition matching useful…. its a boon that can easily be stripped.

Mallyx elite should reapply resistance the way lich form, plague form, tornado, and rampage apply stability.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

There was a video where a guy got like 4 minutes of cripple from NPCs around, and just some second of resistance.

This needs to be fixed.

in Revenant

Rygg.6237

New Skill Suggestions:

It doesn’t work properly in pvp or wvw either…. its been tested… and the manipulating conditions thing works well on paper…. but when it is actually applied….. it fails miserably…

You simply do not get enough resistance to survive if you actually plan on hurting your opponents with your conditions… because AT BEST they will have the same amount of negative conditions as you have….. OR LESS.

Completely useless.

Not to mention…. even if you did have enough resistance to make the condition matching useful…. its a boon that can easily be stripped.

Mallyx elite should reapply resistance the way lich form, plague form, tornado, and rampage apply stability.

Weird in the very first beta stress test it seemed to pulse resistance, if that’s the case then there’s no point in using Mallyx, because every single condition build will kill you, and worse you’re helping them cover their conditions with your self applied conditions

in Revenant

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I don’t necessarily have any suggestions for skills (though I’d love to see some sort of rift skill for underwater), but I have an idea for a trait if that counts?

Similar to how guardians can make their symbols last longer, have a larger radius, and heal you… I would suggest something similar for rifts. So this is my suggestion:

Grandmaster trait: Rift Lord

Rifts have a larger radius, last longer, and are now ground targeted.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor