New revenant

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Nurfed.5346

Nurfed.5346

Hey guys i am fresh player just bought the expansion can i ask is revenant decent at endgame pve and pvp and can some1 suggest me some good lvling guide ? I would be really thankful.

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

Rev is good even with all those nerf from beta till today. Hes good in both pve and pvp. There is no lvlguides just complete hearts(quest) in location and storyline is ur easy 80 lvl.

New revenant

in Revenant

Nurfed.5346

ouh deem i can find lvling guides evrey class was wondering whi no lvling guides for rev ):

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

Revenant is the newest profession of GW2 and, unfortunately, the buggiest atm.

For the past 8 months some legends saw little to no use due to bad design and bugs. The bugs and some poor design choices made Revenant not a popular class after the first few weeks/months (and after the first nerfs).

You won’t easily find a leveling guide since Revenant is new, rather buggy and feels unfinished. Not many people put time on him and I guess investing time for a leveling guide on something that actually should be fixed first isn’t the most sensible thing to do.

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Well I think you can use Guardian or Warrior guides as a baseline using the following suggestions to make your own leveling guide:

1)there are several weapon combos I find most usefull for lvling (mace+sword+hammer , mace+axe+dual wielding swords , staff + anything you want if you are lvling with a friend,else avoid for at least 15 levels)
1.5) This step is not mandatory,but the first legend you could level is Legendary Dwarf Stance which gives you a ranged pull, a combo field lighting which you can perma blast for swiftness (found this more reliable than the channeled spell from Asassin Stance), a very reliable heal. No need for Hammers of Wrath and Elite Skill…the first is sorta bugged (devs claim it’s part of the skill design) and the 2nd has too long of a cast time to be worth a kitten and is best avoided.
2)The most important legends to get are Legendary Demon Stance and Legendary Asassin Stance, because they are the only legends you can use underwater and the center pieces for any dps build.
3)Ignore Legendary Centaur Stance and Salvation traitline if playing solo. The first is strongly dependent on gear with healing power and has crap radius of effect…you are better off using anything else.
4)Try and get as many hero points as possible – the hero points on HoT expansion maps are very hard to solo, so grind as many hero points as you can,don’t be lazy and rely on the hero points you get from leveling!
5)Retribution and Invocation are very good traitlines and should be leveled first or after either Devastation or Coruption.When you get the ability to use 2 traitlines, Retribution and Invocation will be your best set up.
6)Learn to love Legendary Dragon Stance or reroll until class patch changes.

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: SicCorona.8942

SicCorona.8942

The guide is a little outdated due to some damage nerfs but still works.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Guide-DPS-Revenant-for-PVE

New revenant

in Revenant

Nurfed.5346

BUt revenant overall is doing good in pve and pvp at endgame Or they allso worst atm because new class?

New revenant

in Revenant

serj.8214

BUt revenant overall is doing good in pve and pvp at endgame Or they allso worst atm because new class?

Its only depends from ur hands)

New revenant

in Revenant

Nurfed.5346

if class is garbage then i dont think even the wery best hands can save it Just getting litle worried here many people have told me allready revenant is buggy and kinda broken atm ):

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: SicCorona.8942

SicCorona.8942

Revenants are the jack of all trades. They’re not fantastic but they aren’t bad. A good rev that’s not afraid to change up their legends can do a decent job carrying people through content.
There are some bugs and trait lines that just don’t mix well but they are a decent class that can be fun.
I suggest trying out all the weapons and learning what they do.

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

Imho Revenant isn’t bad, especially in PvE, as in cooperative game modes you get the support of your team without worrying too much for some things you have to worry in PvP/WvW.

In WvW it can be fun in groups or, if you are highly skilled and play specific builds that are around, you can enjoy roaming but without the success you would have with other classes.

Still keep in mind that at the moment there will be times where you might feel helpless against some builds.

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Uruk.3215

Uruk.3215

Hi guys, I’m also new and would just like to ask a few questions:

1) What is the best build for soloing?

2) Which stances are best for soloing?

3) Which weapons are best for soloing?

4) Same questions for group content.

Thanks!

Seek wisdom in darkness.

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Zanobi.1608

Zanobi.1608

I’m assuming soloing means open world/ pugs

1. Invocation 2, 1, 1 or 1,1,1 Devestation 2, 3, 1 Herald 2 (or 3), 2, 1 (read top to bottom with 1 being top and 3 being bottom trait)

2. Shiro/ Glint

3. Sword/ Axe (or Sword) with Staff or Hammer in offset depending on if range is required or not.

Group

1. Same as above.

2. Glint/ Jalis or Glint/ Mallyx Depending on if there is wall nearby that you cannot max melee range from and whether or not boss has large hit box. These stances assume there is mesmer in group for perma quickness otherwise default back to Glint/Shiro.

3. Weapons are the same as above, rev has little weapon variety.

Renegatus [Ren]

New revenant

in Revenant

Uruk.3215

Thanks a lot mate!

Btw, I can’t find Glint stance, do I have to unlock it or something?

Seek wisdom in darkness.

New revenant

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

Yeah Gint stance needs to be unlocked.

How to unlock:

1)Reach max lvl
2)Max out all talent trees – this will give you permision to start unlocking talents in the herald tree
3)Enjoy Glint

New revenant

in Revenant

Uruk.3215

So do I also need to max out herald in order to get Glint?

Thanks btw!

Seek wisdom in darkness.

New revenant

in Revenant

serj.8214

if class is garbage then i dont think even the wery best hands can save it Just getting litle worried here many people have told me allready revenant is buggy and kinda broken atm ):

Yeah yeah repeat it yourself every morning. Dont play Rev, Rev is bad and bugy and useless class so dont play Rev.

New revenant

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

So do I also need to max out herald in order to get Glint?

Thanks btw!

Well as you start maxing out Herald, you start unlocking skills for Legendary Dragon Stance (we call it Glint because thats the name of the dragon who inspired this stance). Basicaly you unlock herald to start unlocking skills within Glint….also if you don’t have the Herald traitline equiped on your slot for elite specializations (the third one, at the bottom) you can’t use Glint and shield (the buttons for it will disapear from your ui ->this also explains the reason why you can’t see it right now…).

If you really want to see the Legendary Dragon Stance before hiting max lvl and maxing out all those traitlines, google how to get into the pvp loby and how to set your build for structured pvp, then chose Herald as your final traitline for your spvp build…this will unlock the legendary dragon stance for you….for as long as you stay in the pvp lobby.

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

New revenant

in Revenant

Uruk.3215

Thanks mate, that really helped me!

Seek wisdom in darkness.

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Stefan.6194

Stefan.6194

same as Nurfed.5346,new player who just bought expansion because interrested in revenant,but my question is this…any nice eu servers?havent found topic for it.

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: zomgbuffalo.5276

zomgbuffalo.5276

same as Nurfed.5346,new player who just bought expansion because interrested in revenant,but my question is this…any nice eu servers?havent found topic for it.

It doesn’t really matter what server you are on, since everything goes through the mega-server, so in most areas you will see players from other servers and can do content with them. Though if you wish to do World versus World in the future, I’d suggest a more populated server, don’t choose a server with lowest population I guess. I, myself, chose to play in Underworld server.

New revenant

in Revenant

serj.8214

Piken

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Stefan.6194

Stefan.6194

well,picked one that very day i asked as i was mainly waiting for answer of a friend where he is and joined ring of fire but maybe will go elsewhere as i joined guild from different server (GunnarĀ“s Hold)

New revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Decaturfist.2507

Decaturfist.2507