New revenant spec suggestion

in Revenant

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Hey folks !

An idea for a new elite spec came to me, and I thought a bit about it, so here’re my suggestions. It’s still a draft, lots of figures and things are missing and need to be tweaked and thought of.

Some general facts :

• The name is the prodigy and the legend is Scarlet Briar ;
    Lots of players know of Scarlet and remember her in good or bad. She’s no unknown obscure character, and she’s got actual lore and gimmicks, as well as a sharp tongue.
  • Scarlet Legend is a troll legend, focused on energy management and CC ; Her main function is support, through foes’ impairing ; it should work better when foes are packed ;
    Rev’s legends are mostly focused in one or two specific game mechanic. Yet no legend uses theses two.
  • The new weapon is the rifle ; it’s damage output is low to moderate and includes some CC ;
    Rifle is Scarlet’s iconic weapon. Moreover, it’s quite an unused weapon (only war and engis have it) so it’d give it more spotlight. Also, rev can use a little more long range.
  • The utilities revolve around holograms ;
    Holograms are designed more or less like ranger’s spirits, or GW1 ritualist’s ones.

More details are given in posts below. Feel free to comment. I’m positive some aspects are powerful, yet, it’s ideas and it can be tweaked.

in Revenant

ThomasC.1056

Rifle
These are the main ideas. Order may change. I didn’t think about energy costs.
1. Awesome shot : 1200 range. Shoot a single foe for moderate damage. Splashing effect, radius 240, inflict cripple/vulnerability/weakness/slow/freeze (random) to other foes.
2. Bless you ! : 900 range. Shoot a single foe for moderate damage. Foe gets a “bewildered” status for 2s. If foe tries to use a skill while being bewildered, skill fails and foe gets heavy damage. If not, all foe’s skills that are not on cooldown disable for 0,25s.
3. Take to the sky : 900 ranged AoE (180 radius). Shoots a slow projectile up in the sky. When it lands, inflicts launch 0 range and moderate damage.
3 bis. Finale : detonate mid-air and inflicts bewildered to foes (240 radius, where it was used).
4. Catch you, catch me ! : 1200 range. Shoot a single foe for low damage. If it hits, switch places with that foe. If foe blocks or evades, teleport to that foe and taunt him.
“Don’t you dare ignore Scarlet Briar !”
5. Tag ! : 900 range. Shoot a single foe and tag him (1,5 sec). Any projectile in a 300 range of tagged foe now aims at it. Tagged foe inflicts taunt to his allies in a 300 radius.

in Revenant

ThomasC.1056

F-skill
Dismiss hologram : just dismiss a hologram and trigger any effet that it would cause. Aimed F-skill allows to dismiss selected hologram (1200 range) ; otherwise, it’s a PbAoE that dismisses any holograms in a 600 radius.

Healing skill
6. Summon ultraviolet holograms : moderate healing + summon 3 utraviolet holograms. One inflicts slow, one inflicts freeze, one inflicts weakness. Upon summon, they begin stacking resonance charges. Upon dismissal (or killing), each charge generates a given healing to the prodigy. Holograms auto-dismiss after a given amount of charges.

Elite skill
10. Prime hologram form : dismiss all your holograms, and root to be infused with prime light. Turns into an invulnerable prime hologram whose only skill is a weaker version of prime light beam. Prime light beam is an AoE attack shot from prime light hologram and that deals heavy damage and dazes foes in area.
“One of my best toys. You like it, don’t you ?”

F2-skill
F2 : Aethercannon : PBAoE slow skill that deals hard damages and dazes.
“I’ve brought a little souvenir from the Mists”.

in Revenant

ThomasC.1056

Holograms

General data

• Holograms work much like most summons : summon utility skill that turns into a specific skill on activation ;
  • Summon skill is an 900 range AoE of 360 radius ;
  • Hologram only acts in its radius and ignores whatever isn’t in it or gets out of it.
  • They don’t have a timer, but they can be killed (or dismissed with F-skill) ;
  • The passive effect of holograms doesn’t occur while the active effect is triggered and in progress ;
  • Holograms have an energy cost and a sustain cost. Things should be tweaked so that a prodigy couldn’t hold and use 2 holograms without it taking a huge energy toll.

Skills
7. Summon static hologram : Summons a static hologram. Hologram works as a deny field. Whithin static hologram’s radius, small static fields, frozen ground, unsteady grounds or earthquakes randomly pop.
7bis. Selfie ! : Hologram raises up to 5 foes in the radius for 0,5s and shoots them one after the other for moderate damage and radial launch out of its area.
8. Summon dynamic hologram : Summons a dynamic hologram that attacks the first foe that enters its zone (if foes are already within radius when summonned, attacks the closest one). Very much like its original counterpart, the dynamic hologram uses a hammer to inflict high to heavy damage with a 3 skills cleaving chain : 1 skill cripples, 2nd gives vulnerability, 3rd gives the hologram quickness.
8bis. Dynamic boost : Holograms teleports in the center, then spins to attract foes in the circle, and then takes off to slam its hammer for massive damage and stun.
9. Summon synergetic hologram : Summons the synergetic hologram in the center, that stands and acts within its radius. Each second, the synergetic hologram pulses within its radius, and transfers friends’ conditions and foes’ boons to itself. (therefore, it can kill itself.)
9bis. Draw ! : Synergetic hologram pulses onces, then randomly transfers its conditions to foes, and its boons to friends. Foes are randomly teleported within hologram’s radius. If there aren’t any foes in area, hologram’s conditions are cleared.

in Revenant

ThomasC.1056

Traits

• Minor 1 : ability to use aethercannon and rifle.
  • Major 1 : Differental Equations : Gain 10 energy every time your energy sustain change
    (i.e. every time you lose or gain energy pips)
  • Major 2 : Entropy management : Gain 10 energy every time something is summonned, killed or dismissed in a 600 range around self.
    Includes : conjured weapons, holograms, pet change, gyros and turrets, thieve’s guild, conjured weapons, elementals, minions, clones and phantasms.
  • Major 3 : Damping factor : When your energy drops below 50%, gain 1 pip of energy for 5 sec. Gain 1 additionnal pip below 10%.
  • Minor 2 : Supercapacitor : Gain 2s quickness and swiftness when energy reaches 100%.
  • Major 4 : Referential change : Hitting an immobile foe gives you quickness and slows him.
  • Major 5 : Casimir effect : When one of your skill is disabled (interrupted, blocked or evaded), gain one random boon and inflict the associated condition to target foe.
  • Major 6 : Equilibrium state : When hit foe has more boons than you, turns one of his boons into a condition. When hit foe has less conditions than you, turns one of your conditions into a boon.
  • Minor 3 : Second order kinetics : CC last longer on foes, and less on you.
  • Major 7 : Resonant disruption : Interrupting a foe inflicts bewildered status to adjacent foes (up to 5, radius 240)
    Bewildered status : foe’s next action fails and inflicts hard damages. If foe doesn’t do anything till bewildered expires, all its skills that are not on CD get 0,25s CD.
  • Major 8 : Non-linear optics : rifle shots now splash small static fields when they hit. Rifle CD reduced.
  • Major 9 : Inertia transfer : interrupting a foe gives stability to player and adjacent allies.

Sorry for wall of text !

in Revenant

Posted by: Akeno.4962

Akeno.4962

I have only read fist post so i don’t know whether this could be good at any game mode, but I truely love the concept. This would be so much fun to play than any actual legend.

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I like the idea of rifle on Revenant and Scarlet as a legend. I also like the general idea of a CC focus. Some specifics:

Rifle # 4 (switch places with target) sounds like a pretty cool idea.
I’m not sure about Rifle #5 – that sounds very hard to code, and confusing for players especially in a large-scale battle like a WvW zerg.

About holograms – if they can only be dismissed within a 1200 range, then if you move further away, do they auto-dismiss or do you have no way to dismiss them? For example, imagine Engineer turrets if you couldn’t detonate the turret from any range. What happens if you have a hologram draining your energy and it’s too far away for you to dismiss it?

Regarding some of the traits dealing with energy management – I believe ANet wanted to not have any traits that boosted energy as these could become almost mandatory. As such, I think Major traits 1-3 might be problematic. For example, Major 2 would need an internal cooldown. Major 3 would require a redesign of the energy graphic, since there is only space for +5 pips of energy regen, whereas this trait would permit up to +7 at times. Major 1 could be abused by, for example, toggling upkeep skills on and off, unless it had a significant internal cooldown.

The effect ‘bewildered’ sounds pretty cool, but also exceptionally powerful (in PvP / WvW) so it would need to be heavily regulated.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Idc what that legend will be, just give me a rifle.

Actually, rifle is pretty underused and it would be cool if they gave it to some other class too.

in Revenant

ThomasC.1056

Thanks for positive feedback !

I’m not sure about Rifle #5 – that sounds very hard to code, and confusing for players especially in a large-scale battle like a WvW zerg.

Somehow, that’s more or less the point. Yet, it can be frustrating. Maybe limiting to 5 foes taunted could do better.

About holograms – if they can only be dismissed within a 1200 range, then if you move further away, do they auto-dismiss or do you have no way to dismiss them? For example, imagine Engineer turrets if you couldn’t detonate the turret from any range. What happens if you have a hologram draining your energy and it’s too far away for you to dismiss it?

Good point. I didn’t think about that one ! Considering dismiss has a range, it’d be logical for holograms to auto-dismiss when out of range.

Regarding some of the traits dealing with energy management – I believe ANet wanted to not have any traits that boosted energy as these could become almost mandatory. As such, I think Major traits 1-3 might be problematic. For example, Major 2 would need an internal cooldown. Major 3 would require a redesign of the energy graphic, since there is only space for +5 pips of energy regen, whereas this trait would permit up to +7 at times. Major 1 could be abused by, for example, toggling upkeep skills on and off, unless it had a significant internal cooldown.

Energy management is indeed a big deal for revenants, and there’s a true risk to have that spec compulsory…
Concerning the redesign, I’m not sure : impossible odds is -10 pips and it’s effectively counted at -10 (hardening persistance has 10 stacks when impossible odds is up).
Concerning the Differential Equations trait (energy gain for pips loss/gain), supposing it doesn’t have a CD, it’d be extremely potent with Glint. Yet, as both Scarlet and Glint are elite specs, they can’t be used together. All other legends only have 1 skill with an energy sustain (vengeful hammers, embrace the darkness, protective solace and impossible odds) : it wouldn’t actually trigger that often.

The effect ‘bewildered’ sounds pretty cool, but also exceptionally powerful (in PvP / WvW) so it would need to be heavily regulated.

I think it should be countered by stability. The overall design of the legend has indeed been made with PvP/WvW in thought more than PvE.