No idea what to do with my revenant..

in Revenant

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

From out of all classes, the one I know less about is the revenant. I have two, a Herald and a Revenant. For the sake of variety and replay value, I made two characters of each class: one with elite spec and one without. I enjoyed the results so far.

So for this revenant I’m focusing on the Legendary Centaur and Legendary Demon stance, which means ‘healing and conditions’, according to the wiki and the skills themselves. That means I’m going to use the following traitlines: CORRUPTION and SALVATION. But I don’t know which line I should use for the third one. Should I go for damage, mobility or defense? I was planning to use Invocation since my Herald did not use this one.

The weapons that my revenant is going to use are a mace/axe and a staff. I don’t know which stats I should go for. I tried some combinations in the PvP lobby, but I’m still clueless. I asked a few people around and most of them followed the meta or just made up some random build. I have a friend who’s great at coming up with builds, but he has no idea how to manage with a revenant. This character is already 80 and I’m just lost.. I was hoping any of you could help me out. I’m really lost.

in Revenant

Posted by: ApaWanka.2698

ApaWanka.2698

In what game mode are U interested? PvP, WvW zerg, WvW roam, PvE, Raids?

because the revenant is really strong in almost each situation with the right thigs, but gameplay is really different on each mode.

I have no clue on Pve but in

Pvp
- Marauder/leadeship rune + staff sword/shield Devaststion,Herald,Retrib or invocation (shiro/Dragon)

-Viper/leathership rune + Maze/axe Sword/shield Corruption,herald,retribution. (Demon/Shiro)

Wvw Roam
Armor Marauder Trinkets Zerker Durability rune Staff (dragon/shiro) Staff Sword/X Devastation,Invocation,Herald

Wvw Zerg
Marauder Armor Zerker Trinkets Durability Runes Staff Hammer Invocation,retribution,herald (demon/Herald or Dwaft)[/quote]

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

I would go Invocation for a stun break on legend swap or herald if you use tranquil benediction to gain might when you pick a healing orb. Third choice would be Devastation.

in Revenant

Posted by: corwin.3495

corwin.3495

In what game mode are U interested? PvP, WvW zerg, WvW roam, PvE, Raids?

because the revenant is really strong in almost each situation with the right thigs, but gameplay is really different on each mode.

I have no clue on Pve but in

Pvp
- Marauder/leadeship rune + staff sword/shield Devaststion,Herald,Retrib or invocation (shiro/Dragon)

-Viper/leathership rune + Maze/axe Sword/shield Corruption,herald,retribution. (Demon/Shiro)

Wvw Roam
Armor Marauder Trinkets Zerker Durability rune Staff (dragon/shiro) Staff Sword/X Devastation,Invocation,Herald

Wvw Zerg
Marauder Armor Zerker Trinkets Durability Runes Staff Hammer Invocation,retribution,herald (demon/Herald or Dwaft)

[/quote]

So, since you gave some suggestions about PvP, do you have any for the Revenant in raids? I wanted to be a healer, but I saw that he lacks dmg and can provide only heals which is not that useful.
Or would you now, after 3 months want to update your PvP Revenant build?