Norn flavored e-spec

Norn flavored e-spec

in Revenant

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

If you look at the norn in the guild wars’s lore, they are a race of mighty hunter that revere the spirit of nature. Each of these spirits are in their own right great hunters.

That’s why, this e-spec would be “norn flavored” by featuring as a legend the legendary hunter Owl.

From the wiki :

Owl is one of the lesser spirits of norn. When Jormag awoke, Owl was one of the four spirits who stayed behind to fight the Elder Dragon in order to give the norn time during the norn exodus to the south. She is revered with great sorrow among the norn as the last Havroun of Owl confirmed the death of Owl. Despite its death, Owl shamans and other norn still revere her. She has a shrine dedicated to her at Lost Spirits’ Hallow in Hoelbrak, as well as the now-wrecked Owl Lodge in Snowden Drifts.

Owl represents family and hearth, giving teachings of taking care of one’s children as well as being a keen hunter. Many of Owl’s teachings can be found in Damaged Writings within the Owl Lodge.

This e-spec would feature a “beastform” named Become the Owl with the a low upkeep cost as F2. Which would technically give the “hunter” a third weapon skillset.

Become the Owl would ideally take the best out of the norn’s transformation skills :

- AA being the same as the raven’s seem logical swip
- #2 is swoop a movment skill with some evade frame
- #3 take something from the wolf with snarl a terrifying shout
- #4 take another thing from the wolf with howl a support shout
- #5 take Prowl from the snow panther since a Owl, by itself is a stealthy predator.

The legend utility skills and trait would be oriented toward stealth and support throught boons.

- #6 soothing feather work like thief’s hide in shadow except that instead of removing some conditions, it would grant regeneration to allies around the hunter.
- #7 Owl’s haven work like thief’s shadow refuge but with a light field instead of a dark field. (grant regeneration instead of healing)
- #8 shadow of the white lady would be dealing damage to foes around the hunter and weakening them.
- #9 summon owl summon an illusionnary owl that nag it’s foes, periodically bleeding and crippling it. Upkeep skill (low).
- elite : snow storm a skill close to elementalist’s glyph of Ice storm except that it blind and chill foes.

Traitlines would revolve around
- Up focus on Become the owl.
- middle give regen and some bonus linked to regen.
- bottom is all about stealth/reveal.

Edit : weapon can be anything as long as it’s not a loud gun/riffle

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Norn flavored e-spec

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

That’s kinda cool! And my Rev is Norn because they have an affinity with the mists….just sorta fits!

Norn flavored e-spec

in Revenant

Posted by: NaiveBayes.2587

NaiveBayes.2587

Wow! I was also thinking of an e-spec based around the Owl spirit – I’m glad someone else was thinking the same!! I’d really like for it to happen because like Kalla, it’s a part of pre-GW2 lore that hasn’t been explored all that well and could give Anet the opportunity to. I was thinking main hand axe (duel wielding axes just screams Norn for me) and a more escape (swiftness, quickness, stun breaks) and sharing with allies and protecting allies because Owl’s deeds to help the Norn in the exodus would have been what echoed in the mist for the revenant to call upon. I won’t derail this post any further.

Norn flavored e-spec

in Revenant

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well, my decision were based on the sentence that I found on the wiki :

Owl represents family and hearth, giving teachings of taking care of one’s children as well as being a keen hunter.

and what owl really are.

The feeling tried to achieve is kinda that of a mother that can hyde it’s child, soothe them, protect them but still have a dangerous aspect that prevent foes to jump at it unprepared.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Norn flavored e-spec

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yes make the rangers mad lol.

I’d play this spec maybe if it had Condi removal, stealth, power damage support, evades and cheap to use utility.

Norn flavored e-spec

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

I expect a Legendary Norn to show up soon enough.
Probably Jora or Aesgir. Maybe they’ll allow channeling such skills as transformation Functions with unique weapon skills per form.

Norn flavored e-spec

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

This would be awesome. The utils would be amazing on their own but adding owl form would be even cooler

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Norn flavored e-spec

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

They’re not likely to do another summoning heavy legend so shapeshifting seems like the obvious alternative for a Norn and their spirits.

I like it.

Though I would expect heavy opposition from Norn players of every other profession. No-one likes it when some other group gets to do something cool better than they can.