Not Fixing Vengeful Hammers?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Vengeful Hammers was a great fix for the jalis legend but if they simply disable when hitting walls/rocks/trees etc etc. It makes them useless. Is there no plan on fixing this? Is this how they are supposed to be?

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I have the bad feeling it’s more of a “we can’t really fix it cause that’s just how the engine works” kinda deal, which is sad cause otherwise this is an amazing skill.

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

I love running vengeful hammers, but it completely sucks when every group wants to stack in a corner and they just poof disappear. .. I have a feeling you’re right… sadly =(

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I have the bad feeling it’s more of a “we can’t really fix it cause that’s just how the engine works” kinda deal, which is sad cause otherwise this is an amazing skill.

possibly, but a definitive answer would definitely be appreciated.

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

Has this been answered in the main thread? Just wondering if I might have skipped over it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Roy said on twitter that they’re supposed to be destroyed by walls since they’re projectiles. However he reduced the radius to make it less likely.

I don’t think I entirely like this solution. The skill is still -8 upkeep and now has a short radius and is still destroyed on bridges or not flat ground.
He also said “last iteration”, but I don’t think he was referring to BW2, since I didn’t notice any difference. They were still awful in Verdant Brink.

https://twitter.com/RoyCronacher/status/643809794755723265?cn=cmVwbHk%3D&refsrc=email
https://twitter.com/RoyCronacher/status/643809887793709056?cn=cmVwbHk%3D&refsrc=email

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

Oh that’s good to know! I knew I overlooked it somewhere. Thanks! Not the answer I was hoping for but it looks like they are supposed to disappear. Shame, oh well. I guess I’ll just have to avoid using the Jalis legend in some of these maps.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Easiest fix imho is to remove the projectile component, keep only the animation and add an invisible moving aoe under the rev.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t think it’s acceptable that they get destroyed by walls. They should persist as an AOE skill.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Easiest fix imho is to remove the projectile component, keep only the animation and add an invisible moving aoe under the rev.

I agree…

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

I don’t think it’s acceptable that they get destroyed by walls. They should persist as an AOE skill.

I completely agree with you. Though I am still happy there was at least a response stating it was intentional.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

The problem that Anet faces, is that they want the skill’s animation as well as the effect to both happen at the same time along side each other.

Normally in non Action games, with similar skills, the trigger for effect is simply somebody attacking the source. So the animation and the effect were separate from each other.

thats not the case here which is where the problem comes in. Because each hammer acts as a spell projectile from source, and like all spell projectiles, they can be blocked by terrain, which is what happens when Hammer hits a wall or terrain object.

This cant be fixed unless Anet separate the Animation and the Effect, and make the trigger for this into something else.

in Revenant

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Can you reflect them O_O

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Exactly my thoughts. Why can’t it be a pulsing AoE, centered on you (with limit to 1 or 2 targets), that just looks like hammers?

my best guess? as a dev too, i immagine they spent a good deal of work to make an infinite projectile spinning around you. The idea is super cool to. Throw that away is harsh :-|
So here’s another suggestion, isn’t possible to make projectiles indestructible? at all?

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

Exactly my thoughts. Why can’t it be a pulsing AoE, centered on you (with limit to 1 or 2 targets), that just looks like hammers?

my best guess? as a dev too, i immagine they spent a good deal of work to make an infinite projectile spinning around you. The idea is super cool to. Throw that away is harsh :-|
So here’s another suggestion, isn’t possible to make projectiles indestructible? at all?

Perhaps they want a projectile block to defend against hammers. But it is making conflicts with walls. Though hammers aren’t exactly that high of dps not sure why they need to be blocked/reflected. But that might be one of the issues maybe?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

originally they had a pretty high dps. Tested on golems in pvp it was like having Impossible Odds.
Now they’re much weaker yeah.

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

Yea I agree they used to have some serious dps output. But now they are primarily for survival not damage. If they get destroyed you die, where as before if they get destroyed you deal less dps. Its a lot more of an issue in my mind now then it was before.

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Perhaps they want a projectile block to defend against hammers. But it is making conflicts with walls. Though hammers aren’t exactly that high of dps not sure why they need to be blocked/reflected. But that might be one of the issues maybe?

They’re unblockable so no you cant reflect them destroy them maybe but the tiniest rock will take care of that for ya ;P

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

Oh they are? didn’t know that, then in that case why the heck wouldn’t they make them indestructible….

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Back when they did decent damage they were prolly worried about several tanky booned outta their minds dps rev’s slapping multiple players through doors in WvW and stuff.

I agree it feels absolutely terrible that they get destroyed and they should prolly become an entirely new classification of skills within their engine called “orbiters” but HoT is like 6 weeks away and that could take a-lot of time for such a small change as well.

It’s more important to me that in the future we get a master togo elite spec that does spirit rift rasengan’s ;P

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)