Not So Elite Specialization

in Revenant

Posted by: orisci.6527

orisci.6527

I’m not so impressed with the new elite Specialization that rev has. The others seem much more effective. What do you think would be changed and in what game type are you talking about?

I’ve seen some posts about not having chill which on one of its skills seem like it should…, But hey aNet can still make changes right?

in Revenant

Posted by: Faee.1439

Faee.1439

‘What do you think should be changed’
The legend needs deleting and start from afresh. The shortbow can be made to work with some QoL changes including way reduced cast times, more damage, and less disappearing arrows. The new f2 and f4 are pretty useless too, need rethinking as well. Half the energy cost on f3 and then it might be useful. Unfortunately the idea of spirit spawns for the legend might be something that sounded cool in the devs heads but in actuality it’s not practical, and in fact lame IMO. I just look at scourge and holosmith which look AMAZING and know that the devs CAN do really great things with a bit of effort. Pls consider re-working this spec anet! Ty.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I tested viper condition renegade and it’s op as hell with the pierce trait and Mallyx traitline.

in Revenant

Posted by: orisci.6527

orisci.6527

what traits are you using with that?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

He probably tested it on stationary golems. Those go down pretty easily from basically any class. Saying that Renegade is op at this stage is a ludicrous statement.

I dropped out from PvP as soon as I noticed that my Wells were scared by Fear. The class is basically unusable in PvP and wvw, and probably even in some pve content.

There was no need for the summons to be honest. They look bad and are a huge nerf to normal Wells.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I know taking the Legend out back and shooting it in the head to put it out of it’s misery is off the table but honestly that’s the only way I see “fixing” this legend. Everything pretty much needs to be reworked.

What I predict will happen is ANet will balance like they always do. Rather than admit they could ever possibly do wrong, they’re going to take our feedback that Mallyx + Mace does way more condi damage and nerf Mace + Corruption traits while nerfing Herald of any offensive support it already does better. Because it’s not that “Renegade is bad” it’s just that “all the other things are overpowered!” so Renegade can’t be appreciated properly

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I know taking the Legend out back and shooting it in the head to put it out of it’s misery is off the table but honestly that’s the only way I see “fixing” this legend. Everything pretty much needs to be reworked.

What I predict will happen is ANet will balance like they always do. Rather than admit they could ever possibly do wrong, they’re going to take our feedback that Mallyx + Mace does way more condi damage and nerf Mace + Corruption traits while nerfing Herald of any offensive support it already does better. Because it’s not that “Renegade is bad” it’s just that “all the other things are overpowered!” so Renegade can’t be appreciated properly

Honestly scared this could happen because hearing them talk about Renegade they all sound so proud of what they created. I fear in their quest to make a cool sounding spec they forgot about the gameplay part of it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

I personally just don’t use the actual legend in a pvp setting primarily because like others have stated the summons are susceptible to cc I found the trait line and the shortbow on the other hand to be amazing and exactly what condi rev needed in terms of a ranged option.

in Revenant

Posted by: EternalFears.1289

EternalFears.1289

Class needs to be Reworked from head to toe. Would rather not be able to play this new Elite spec for another year than have to put up with this terrible completely rushed useless “condi” “ranged” class they left us with. EXTREMELY disappointed with how this “elite” spec turned out.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Honestly scared this could happen because hearing them talk about Renegade they all sound so proud of what they created. I fear in their quest to make a cool sounding spec they forgot about the gameplay part of it.

But firing arrows into portals and having them come out the other side is so cool and neat we had to do it twice!

In all seriousness, as a former Elementalist (and probably returning to one), I’ve seen this same style of “thematic design” done before. It’s very frustrating and usually ends up having to be reworked eventually anyways.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

And give us the trait Scourge has that applies burns and extra damage to torment! Be great in pve, make it a pve only trait, that’s ok.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

They definitely need to add the ability to have both Renegade and Herald spec at once, otherwise nobody will bother.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”