One dimensional Herald Change [Suggestion]

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

The Herald has given the role of Boonsupport to the Rev which it wouldnt have without the Elite Spec, not complaining on that.
But i think and experienced a pretty dull playstyle with glint, especially in Group scenarios. The reason for that is the extreme passive gameplay with the facetts, which you normally activate once and leave them be except in rare cases were you use some skills, in cases were you take an active Combat role you Play an other legend which leaves the Boons dying.
Additionally is there the “Classmechanic” of Facett of Nature (IMO unfitting Name btw) which just gives us more mechanics to play passively as Boonbot and also do not have any interaction with other Legends which is basically like a Elementalist with a mechanic that does not interact with attunement.

My Proposal:

Change the facett of Nature. Change it to a toggle Skill which interacts with the legends skills and give them a supportive “Aspect”, the cost of this toggle are some upkeep points. In addition i would Remove the passiv part of the Glint skills basically to give them a more active Role in Combat. Depending on weather or not Facett of Nature (i would call it Facett of the Mist for a better suitable name) is active you would be a boonbot or not, it would give upkeep restrictions with this skill to balance it and you can play as a supportive role with other Legends too.

What do you think? How would you make Herald more engaging?

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

I like the aura-mancy feeling of herald, and would hate to see the play-style be changed/removed. However, I would certainly hope that the new elite specialization branches out far away enough from the normal play-style.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

I would like it if Herald just added 1 more utility skill for each Legend on the F2 and that Facet of Nature would simply go away upon legend swap.

in Revenant

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I would like it if Herald just added 1 more utility skill for each Legend on the F2 and that Facet of Nature would simply go away upon legend swap.

It’s crazy, but I use facet of nature without using glint. I like to use jalis+mallyx or ventari. I just use herald for the boon duration, as well as fury, without having to rely on invocation so much. Just to give me options.

(edited by Redfeather.6401)

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

I would remove Facet of Nature from the other legends, and give each legend its own “facet-like” unique F2 skill.

For example:

• Shiro could have the harbinger of the deceiver, his guild symbol, and pulse quickness to nearby allies, for -5. Consuming it would steal life from nearby enemies.
  • Mallyx some demonic symbols and pulse resistance, consuming it to create a Nightfall-like spell for -5, blinding enemies and rooting them in place.
  • Jalis could have some dwarven runes, and pulse stability for -3, knocking down nearby enemies on consumption.
  • Ventari could have some centaur markings, and pulse vigor for -1, consuming it to cleanse conditions from nearby allies.
Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Revenant

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I would remove Facet of Nature from the other legends, and give each legend its own “facet-like” unique F2 skill.

For example…

I really like your idea. However, the cost got to be more like 10/10/5 or 7/2 even when Quickness, Resistance and Stability only pulsed 1s boons every 3s.

I’d probably miss the boon duration on my Ventari Revenant but it would feel more like an actual elite specialization mechanic rather than just a plain buff.

A different approach:

Facet of Nature becomes ‘While the Facet of Nature is active, Glint grants you and nearby allies a boon when using utility skills based on the legend you are attuned to. When attuned to Glint, your boon duration is increased.’

in Revenant

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Yeah, the herald profession mechanic really should change. Especially since it’s going to be nerfed soon because someone thought ‘adding an elite that revolves around boon sharing is cool, what could possibly go wrong!’.

in Revenant

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

For example:

• Shiro could have the harbinger of the deceiver, his guild symbol, and pulse quickness to nearby allies, for -5. Consuming it would steal life from nearby enemies.
  • Mallyx some demonic symbols and pulse resistance, consuming it to create a Nightfall-like spell for -5, blinding enemies and rooting them in place.
  • Jalis could have some dwarven runes, and pulse stability for -3, knocking down nearby enemies on consumption.
  • Ventari could have some centaur markings, and pulse vigor for -1, consuming it to cleanse conditions from nearby allies.

These are completely OP. Especially the Shiro-channel.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.