Only 50% Energy

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Posted by: Muy.3170

Muy.3170

Revenant needs more than 50% of it’s maximum for the other legends.

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Not really. You get 50 energy when you switch legends. You can also build up past 50 to 100 while in combat if you don’t use any skills other than auto attack, but you always reset back to 50 upon legend switch.

Some examples, you’re on Shiro, and you use Jade Winds, now you’re down to zero energy, you switch to Glint, now you’re back to 50. Another example, you’re on Malyx and you haven’t used any skills and now have 90 energy, but you then use Embrace the Darkness for 2 seconds. Now, you have 76 energy left and you switch legends. You just lost 26 energy because you’re now reset to 50 energy.

Unless you’re using Invocation traits, you’ll want to avoid the later.

What Rev really needs is a removal of Cooldowns on all skills, especially considering the constant nerfs happening.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Muy.3170

Not really. You get 50 energy when you switch legends. You can also build up past 50 to 100 while in combat if you don’t use any skills other than auto attack, but you always reset back to 50 upon legend switch.

Some examples, you’re on Shiro, and you use Jade Winds, now you’re down to zero energy, you switch to Glint, now you’re back to 50. Another example, you’re on Malyx and you haven’t used any skills and now have 90 energy, but you then use Embrace the Darkness for 2 seconds. Now, you have 76 energy left and you switch legends. You just lost 26 energy because you’re now reset to 50 energy.

Unless you’re using Invocation traits, you’ll want to avoid the later.

What Rev really needs is a removal of Cooldowns on all skills, especially considering the constant nerfs happening.

Well, you see Ventari, Mallyx, and Jalis, all of their utility skills, but very few, cost 30% or more energy, for PvE this is fine because of the simplicity of spamming 1, but for WvW and PVP you need more than 1 utility and 1 weapon skill that doesn’t cost energy.

The lack of energy generation and how much those 3 legends FEED off staying in that same legend makes the class horrible outside of 1111 Revenant in PvE.

You say just swap legends but that’s once every 10 seconds you get 50% of your potential 100% which gets used up in the other legends with 1 utility skill use. You say wait until you generate enough energy but sometimes you cannot wait and need other skills that call for a situation.

You never reach 100% from swapping legends! It’s always 50% it’s not right to swap from 80% energy to 50% once you’ve hit cool down, you should go to 100% covering the missing 20% and be rewarded for your class mechanic of swapping legends.

Revenants are always fighting themselves and their f1 mechanic instead of synergizing. Poor revs can never use skills like Jalis’ stun break because it costs 50% energy, or use Mallyx’s aoe party resistance skill which is now their stun break because it’s 35% energy gone in an instant. The class fights itself too much with weapons + utilities and energy costs + cool downs all at once.

Most professions don’t have to worry about it. If they can use skills they use their skills. They use their skills in any order they want; however, rev is forced into certain actions depending on whether they have 2x or more energy to use a utility + a weapon skill.

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

*snip .

Sounds like Revenant just isn’t for you m8. Energy management is partially what makes the profession. Others that play it know how to manage it without any problems.

The only real problem however is Jalis. His skills DO require a bit too much energy. I will give you that.

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

My biggest problem with rev is how you need to stay in a certain legend. If it were possible to allocate the legends skills of your 2 chosen between each swap it would be better. Against the class concept? Yes. However I can counterplay any rev since I know exactly what skills they have.

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

My biggest problem with rev is how you need to stay in a certain legend. If it were possible to allocate the legends skills of your 2 chosen between each swap it would be better. Against the class concept? Yes. However I can counterplay any rev since I know exactly what skills they have.

The only situation I can think of where you have to stay in a certain legend is where you’re in mallyx and get swamped in condis. What other situations have you found where you have to camp a legend?

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Muy.3170

*snip .

Sounds like Revenant just isn’t for you m8. Energy management is partially what makes the profession. Others that play it know how to manage it without any problems.

The only real problem however is Jalis. His skills DO require a bit too much energy. I will give you that.

I’ve no clue what *snip means.

Fellows you talk about managing the profession without problems are all Shiro/Glint users since it’s plastered over the community as the only viable build that anyone will run.

Yes, glint is probably the most energy efficient legend out of all the Brady bunch. Shiro has mobility with some evades and strong dmg buffs so his energy costs are justified along with cool downs. Jalis, Mallyx, and Ventari I’m not moved on the subject.

You can’t say a professions only a profession because of 2/5’s of the profession works well. I say the energy consumption vs reward on the other 3/5 is unjustified and needs revitalization to work better.

Mallyx got the stun break which was obviously needed but it’s still 35 energy for a skill that does nothing but stun breaks and adds a strong boon to 1 type of damage so the 35% really isn’t worth it so it should be reduced.

Ventari’s skills all of them aren’t justified by their cast times and energy costs. Natural Harmony, as an example, a heal that’s only 1k to 2k that requires 3 seconds to go off on activation 2 delays 1 spending 20 energy when skills that cost less energy like weapons reward you with damage well over 4k. Keep in mind this isn’t about changing the skill this is talking about energy vs reward.

(edited by Muy.3170)

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Muy.3170

The only situation I can think of where you have to stay in a certain legend is where you’re in mallyx and get swamped in condis. What other situations have you found where you have to camp a legend?

I’d say another situation is where you’re getting crowd control chained and you need Jalis’s road of stability ability to help out.

Don’t forget if you even manage to make Ventari work, you have to stay in the legend to continue to receive heals from the tablet.

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Is there a point to the thread or is there a recommendation being made to discuss?

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

*snip .

I’ve no clue what *snip means.

Fellows you talk about managing the profession without problems are all Shiro/Glint users since it’s plastered over the community as the only viable build that anyone will run.

Yes, glint is probably the most energy efficient legend out of all the Brady bunch. Shiro has mobility with some evades and strong dmg buffs so his energy costs are justified along with cool downs. Jalis, Mallyx, and Ventari I’m not moved on the subject.

You can’t say a professions only a profession because of 2/5’s of the profession works well. I say the energy consumption vs reward on the other 3/5 is unjustified and needs revitalization to work better.

Mallyx got the stun break which was obviously needed but it’s still 35 energy for a skill that does nothing but stun breaks and adds a strong boon to 1 type of damage so the 35% really isn’t worth it so it should be reduced.

Ventari’s skills all of them aren’t justified by their cast times and energy costs. Natural Harmony, as an example, a heal that’s only 1k to 2k that requires 3 seconds to go off on activation 2 delays 1 spending 20 energy when skills that cost less energy like weapons reward you with damage well over 4k. Keep in mind this isn’t about changing the skill this is talking about energy vs reward.

Snip just means taking out the quote, but letting you know that I’m replying to you.

I don’t play the meta build by the way. In fact, I actually switch and play all of the Legends, but I do rarely play Ventari. The two I use the most out of the 5 is Malyx and Glint.

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Personally what I’d like is no free 50 energy on legend swap, but slightly more energy regen and to keep existing energy level on legend swap. This could be achieved via a trait so players could have the existing scheme instead if they prefer.

Revenant is supposed to be another non-cooldown driven class (except for all the cooldowns on weapons, legend abilities and especially glint). The appeal of those is having control of your own character.

The existing scheme encourages swapping legends not because you want to or it makes sense to, but for the free energy. Facepalm….

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Personally what I’d like is no free 50 energy on legend swap, but slightly more energy regen and to keep existing energy level on legend swap. This could be achieved via a trait so players could have the existing scheme instead if they prefer.

Revenant is supposed to be another non-cooldown driven class (except for all the cooldowns on weapons, legend abilities and especially glint). The appeal of those is having control of your own character.

The existing scheme encourages swapping legends not because you want to or it makes sense to, but for the free energy. Facepalm….

I like the idea of removing energy reset on legend swap, but I would still like to keep the energy recovery rate at 5 per second. If it gets too fast it will start to feel very similar initiative on Thief. However, they could certainly reduce the energy cost of skills instead. They could also add a small amount of energy recovery on legend swap to a trait in Invocation (not so much to make it mandatory, though – perhaps 10 energy).

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I partially disagree with this. I can agree because you do need to swap sometimes just for the energy need on weapons, but most of the time I only swap legends because I want to or need the other legend’s utilities. I think that was the intention. I sort of meld of the two needs/wants.

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I like the idea of removing energy reset on legend swap, but I would still like to keep the energy recovery rate at 5 per second. If it gets too fast it will start to feel very similar initiative on Thief. However, they could certainly reduce the energy cost of skills instead. They could also add a small amount of energy recovery on legend swap to a trait in Invocation (not so much to make it mandatory, though – perhaps 10 energy).

That’s still too much to make it mandatory. Any energy gain related trait will make it mandatory. Even if it’s just plus 1 energy. If there’s going to be any trait like that at all, it’ll need to be shared across all traitlines, in some sort of various flavors.

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Muy.3170

The swapping legends resetting energy limit to 50% is what really bothers me, but it also just seems dumb to settle revenant’s energy at 50% while inactive it’s only there to trigger traits.

It does nothing to balancing revenant because almost all of his skills have turned into cool down anyways and it’s very far from what a thief does with its 100% initiative no cool down weapon skills. (which he can trait initiative to make it a larger pool of resources)

Revenants have been dealt a bad hand in the Guild Wars 2 and they either need a revamp or heavy functional tweaking.

Only 50% Energy

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I partially disagree with this. I can agree because you do need to swap sometimes just for the energy need on weapons, but most of the time I only swap legends because I want to or need the other legend’s utilities. I think that was the intention. I sort of meld of the two needs/wants.

Most of GW2’s content is easy enough that with decent gear, you could auto-attack your way through it. That’s why I didn’t say revs need to swap for energy.

But clearly it has been designed to encourage it – 50 free energy every 10 seconds if you swap. Revenant ability energy costs will have been balanced accordingly. And we get this sort of thing:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Please-explain-energy-AND-cooldowns-on-skills/first#post6362486

And this is how you know you’re seeing a bad revenant. If there is a revenant just sitting there auto-attacking (i.e. not switching legends and using utilities), then they’re just doing it wrong. You should never be waiting for your energy to come back as a revenant; instead, simply switch legends when you run out of energy to attack.

There’s an expectation amongst many players that if you don’t play to this maximum energy regen design then you’re not doing your best. They might even be right.