Opinions on Ventari?

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Personally, I think it’s pretty bad. It takes up way too much energy to be able to do anything substantial, and the large cast time and cooldown on its primary heal make it feel pretty clunky and bad.

I’d like to hear what players here have to say on it though.

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Overall the number a bit low and they just need some tweak.
What baffles me most is the clunkyness of the heal skill. It has cooldown in order to avoid spammability and god knows why it has cast time. Both have to go.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

Protective Solace, having 15s of defense right away or 30-31s when full of energy already makes it a very reliable projectile defense, and being able to move it around is something Guardians have always wanted for their Shield of the Avenger.

Purifying Essence is an incredible condition cleanse skill, cleansing 3 conditions from 5 allies on such a short cooldown is great, and the price is paid with the 30 energy cost.

Natural Harmony is a sufficiently balanced, though I feel its base heal is somewhat weak, and the two second delay makes it a bit unreliable.

Energy Expulsion is a pretty good panic button, though one I rarely use.

Ventari’s Will is just awesome 10/10

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

Protective Solace, having 15s of defense right away or 30-31s when full of energy already makes it a very reliable projectile defense, and being able to move it around is something Guardians have always wanted for their Shield of the Avenger.

Purifying Essence is an incredible condition cleanse skill, cleansing 3 conditions from 5 allies on such a short cooldown is great, and the price is paid with the 30 energy cost.

Natural Harmony is a sufficiently balanced, though I feel its base heal is somewhat weak, and the two second delay makes it a bit unreliable.

yeah as i said it minimally tweak some numbers but over the utility are good for me.
Is the tablet movement that is not that “flow-y” but i guess i have to live with that

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kirk.3086

Kirk.3086

Too hard chack anyone with will. 120 is too low radius. Need 240 at least.
No regen of energy. If out the fight minimum energy would 100, ventari will be great, but with only 50 we can’t do much.
Solace sucks for this problem. 2 moves + solas by 5 seconds and no energy.
Main problem – 50 energy and too long casts. Now, with buffs mesmers and thiefs, any long casters character cry too much. All time against good team i just stand into the roots with that horrible dazes. Even at dwarf (who can’t heal himself all time).

(edited by Kirk.3086)

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

All of those might be nice in a vacuum, but there isn’t enough energy available to make use of them all and also reposition the tablet. Just summoning/moving the tablet and casting Purifying Essence takes 50 energy, which is all of your energy if you just swapped to it. So you’re essentially paying 50 energy for a decent-ish heal and conditions cleansed in a puny radius.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Bunnytown.7801

Bunnytown.7801

I haven’t unlocked ventari yet on my Revenant, but I will let you all know how it feels to me from another class perspective.

I was a thief (glassy/squishy) doing the legendary wyvern mother event in the canopy. I made a bad dodge and was hit with the wyvern’s acid. I had 1.5k health left, burning eating away the remaining health, and my heal on cooldown. I felt the downed state was rapidly approaching. Looking around I spotted a revenant’s tablet not too far away, shining like a beacon of hope. I shadowstepped over to it just in time for it to cleanse my conditions and begin passively healing me with regen. The mysterious revenant in control willed the tablet to pulse an aoe heal, then kindly move the tablet through me to wherever they had gone on the battlefield. After that I had about 4/5ths of my health back, my heal ready for later, and was saved the dishonor of the downed state. I was very grateful to them.

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Kirk.3086

And herald not so much better than dwarf. Cos you can ult every 10 seconds (after changing spend all power).
Main problem, that protection from herald in 600 radius from revenant, like a dwarf (where 50% resist to condy and dmg for 5 sec).
And try to play against new condy necro. This kitten just killing you without any chance co clean permo chilling…
P.s. after reloging and playing at my scrapper with sup/healer/buffer build, i undestand one thing – revenant it’s stipid pappy, that can’t healing and have no survivability. Absolutly at this 2 point. Engj best condy remover so i dont catch this problem.

(edited by Kirk.3086)

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

after playing my druid for a while and enjoying the powerful heals and CC, I decided to try out the ventari in the mists…while I enjoy the staff mechanics, I was super disappointed by the centaur utility bar. tiny heals, clunky healing mechanics…am I missing something here? I wanna love the ventari but it just blows

(edited by mistsim.2748)

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Kirk.3086

And at the end i undestand how to play revenant.
His gameplame more boring, than driud or water burst engj.
Just put you tablet at the center of the fight and spam harmony. DON’T MOVE! Just spam harmony (and change to dwarf with spaming his ult)…

(edited by Kirk.3086)

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

I think the tablet management gameplay style is actually really fun and unique, but for it to work they absolutely NEED to get rid of the cast time on moving it. This game’s combat is way too fast and dynamic. It needs to instantly snap where we send it. I think they could also reduce some energy costs a little bit on the tablet abilities.

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Kirk.3086

I think the tablet management gameplay style is actually really fun and unique, but for it to work they absolutely NEED to get rid of the cast time on moving it. This game’s combat is way too fast and dynamic. It needs to instantly snap where we send it. I think they could also reduce some energy costs a little bit on the tablet abilities.

Just stand about the tablet and spam harmony=)
And swap f1 every 10 seconds.

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

I haven’t unlocked ventari yet on my Revenant, but I will let you all know how it feels to me from another class perspective.

I was a thief (glassy/squishy) doing the legendary wyvern mother event in the canopy. I made a bad dodge and was hit with the wyvern’s acid. I had 1.5k health left, burning eating away the remaining health, and my heal on cooldown. I felt the downed state was rapidly approaching. Looking around I spotted a revenant’s tablet not too far away, shining like a beacon of hope. I shadowstepped over to it just in time for it to cleanse my conditions and begin passively healing me with regen. The mysterious revenant in control willed the tablet to pulse an aoe heal, then kindly move the tablet through me to wherever they had gone on the battlefield. After that I had about 4/5ths of my health back, my heal ready for later, and was saved the dishonor of the downed state. I was very grateful to them.

We need more epic stories like this.

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

When I healed on my rev my screen was green. Green everywhere! Green grass, green trees, green moss-covered rock, green healing numbers! Green everywhere:D Numbers everywhere!

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

I tried it in spvp yesterday and omg it was so clunky. It may work in organised fights with teamspeak, but in yolo queue you’re better of picking another legend.

I also had major issue with the cast time and energy cost. There is not doubt it got some potential but it’s far too clunky for me atm.

It was ridiculous to fight a druid as a ventari, flower power :P

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

I’ll just copypasterino my comment from other thread

im just curious.

Is rev a buff bot? dps?

since HoT came out all ive been doing is HoT maps I havent touched fractals yet. After playing a good amount with all the elite specs, I simply cannot see where Reaper/Herald fit in a team. Mind you, those are 2/3 of my favorite elite specs so far, I just dont know what they bring to a team really. I was thinking Herald would replace warrior, but Berserker elite spec just does way too much damage.

• rev is very high in the rank of dps
  • on paper it should be also a good healer but the community hasn’t fully figured ventari yet i guess (and it needs some tweaking imho),
  • with glint and jalis we have great support/off-support

as you can see we can almost fill every role, maybe not the best in each, but quoting DnT’s Nike “Rev is one of those classes you’ll be always glad to have nearby”

Ventari has been figured fully before BWE3 :P. BWE3 only made it better.

Yeah as i said on paper looks good, maybe it’s me but it feels really less responsive than any other legend. As you said in another thread rev is all about opportunity skills and cost. Ventari is not very opportunistic since the tablet can’t be played in a reactive way. You have to summo it, and the movement is bound to CD and cast time.
I like move around the tablet but imho there’s no point in destroy it with the elite (since without the tablet you don’t cast a thing) and not having it out on legend swap.
While the heal on trail is super cool it makes it slow, an almost instant movement with a bigger heal just on landing would be much more responsive and “opportunistic”. Other skills are fine.

I already gave this kind of feedback both in BWE2&3 but apparently this is how we are supposed to play it, is just a shame it feels disconnected from the other legends

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

The healing feels too low for the amount of time it takes to actually get it rolling. On top of that, the tablet is still clunky to use.

I suggested a “follow mode” for the tablet, where the tablet simply follows the revenant until ordered to move somewhere. Then, the revenant can recall the tablet and have it continue following him/her.

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: DarthInvadeHer.9861

DarthInvadeHer.9861

I just wish the tablet would immedietly spawn under me when i f1 to ventari.

Other than that, the healing numbers might be a bit low, considering the energy costs atleast.

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

Ventari Trait Line = Good

-You can give players/npcs insane regen ticks with the outgoing healing

Ventari Stance = Needs Work

-Glints Stance gives very nice Regen ticks for the cost of -1 energy at 600 Range vs the Tablet’s Range. No Micromanagement Required

-I would only take the tablet for certain situations like projectile blocking or for burst healing NPC’s in pve. I don’t see much use outside of that.

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

The healing feels too low for the amount of time it takes to actually get it rolling. On top of that, the tablet is still clunky to use.

I suggested a “follow mode” for the tablet, where the tablet simply follows the revenant until ordered to move somewhere. Then, the revenant can recall the tablet and have it continue following him/her.

With the new action camera mode enabled and moving this tablet with cross eye where tablet should go a “follow mode” would work better then now.

Opinions on Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: Wibbles.3726

Wibbles.3726

I would personally enjoy a ground target summon of the tablet so I can choose where to summon it rather than summoning it and then have to move it.

I also think I would prefer the heal to be a upkeep skill that pulses heals since Ventari is supposed to be a “sustain” healer. I personally think this would help cut down on the clunky feeling of trying to move the tablet and activate the heal all while trying to pay attention to what is happening around you.