Overpowered Passive Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Is this thread for real?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I gotta agree with you on that, however, i will be levelling a Rev so if they dont change it i will be taking full advantage of it. “if you cant beat them, join them”

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Revenant

Posted by: Wishes.3021

Wishes.3021

Is this thread for real?

Care to explain to me what makes you say this? Honestly I hope you can change my mind about them being horrid because it doesn’t seem like ANET is going to stop with these horrible traits.

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I agree somewhat with the mentality, but rev can still be beaten and countered, and other classes got cheese too

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Wishes.3021

I agree somewhat with the mentality, but rev can still be beaten and countered, and other classes got cheese too

Yeah the thread wasn’t targeted towards Revenant specifically but rather just these kinds of traits. Suppose you might say it’s in the wrong section of the forum but I was referring to Revenant traits so I just came straight here

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

I guess most of the people don’t really know what OP means o.O

in Revenant

Wishes.3021

Fine, unblanaced. Call it what you want, why argue over semantics than the actual point at hand?

in Revenant

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

ANET Please for the love of god stop designing traits like this, they literally figuratively ruin the game

fixed it for you

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

Fine, unblanaced. Call it what you want, why argue over semantics than the actual point at hand?

Oh ok… unbalanced sounds different. I got you, you’re right, these traits should be buffed or changed to somthing better.

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

So I was looking through the Revenant traits to see what the meta is probably going to be (PvP wise) and I came across the kind of trait that makes me reluctant to invest a lot of time in this game.
‘Eye for an Eye’ – When disabled by a foe with [CC] taunt that foe and gain protection
An even stronger version of ‘Mirror of Anguish’ (from the passive mesmer chaos traitline), completely passive and very strong in a PvP/1v1 situation. This kind of trait is cancer. It doesn’t require any sort of play to activate and it gives a chance for bad players who can’t dodge CC to be completely forgiven, and even get rewarded for being bad by having an opportunity to land a burst no problem if the opponent has already popped their invuln. Why the heck would you design a mechanic that not only forgives, but rewards players for being bad? Absolutely horrible trait.

Not sure if you understand how this trait works but first lets call out some other traits you missed that are just as Potent.

Shared Anguish-
Gives the ranger a free CC clear and moves it to the pet, stopping you from landing any CC to stop an attack OR set up burst.

Self-Regulating Defenses-
Makes the engi Immune to everything, giving them the chance to run, reset, and then return to the fight. Also stops killing blows( Which is funny considering that Vamp runs got changed because everyone complained about them, ut things like this stay the same)

Hard to Catch-
Besides the fact this is in a really really bad line. This pretty much allows a thief to continue evading. Trait wise this is also pretty strong, just in a worthless line

Last Stand and Defy Pain.
Both strong traits.
Both can change the outcome of a fight.

Earths Embrace-
10 stacks of stab anyone?

Reapers Protection-
AoE Fear, pretty much the same thing as Rev, EXCEPT they don’t auto attack you.

Retaliatory Subconscious-
Blocks on top of more blocks.

See there are a lot of things in this game that make it harder to just CC and burst, some of these have been in the game since launch.
Why are you just now getting around to noticing this?
Learn to play around it. Don’t drop everything all at once. Or ask anet to remove all trait gained stunbreaks.
See how well that goes.

Unwavering Avoidance – Gain stability after you dodge
Again, essentially passive so when bads random dodge but fail to actually dodge anything meaningful they gain passive stability which makes it harder to punish for wasting their dodges. Dogkitten trait.
ANET Please for the love of god stop designing traits like this, they literally ruin the game

Sorry..
I honestly can’t believe that anyone worth there salt in any type of pvp environment has a problem with stability on dodge, ESPECIALLY considering that the line you are complaining about does very little for damage and or even condi removal ( which is one of the biggest weaknesses for a rev so far).

But I am feeling generous today.
http://en.gw2skills.net/

Show me the build that is giving you so much trouble and I can give you a few builds that can counter it.

BAck to the first point.

Even when taunted- you still take damage.
Unlike other traits which either give you a chance to avoid damage. OR block damage OR CC the other player in turn with something that stops there actions as well.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Is this thread for real?

Care to explain to me what makes you say this? Honestly I hope you can change my mind about them being horrid because it doesn’t seem like ANET is going to stop with these horrible traits.

Idk.. taunt has 45cd and you still autoatk stunned rev. If it was different effect then you could say its wrong but in this case..not really. I rather have last stand with 5 stacks of stab for 8sec with 40cd ya know?

And stab on dodge rewards bad gameplay? Ranger has protection on dodge and nobody complains. Scrapper got stab on evade and nobody complains. Then theres also juggernaut with perma stab just for using flamethrower.

DD dash is a leap finisher, covers longer distance, cures cripple, chill and even immo and provides swiftness.

And that jsut a few abilities that came off my mind. Shall i continue writting them? Theres nothing wrong with th stuff you mentioned by any means.

in Revenant

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Yeah the thread wasn’t targeted towards Revenant specifically but rather just these kinds of traits. Suppose you might say it’s in the wrong section of the forum but I was referring to Revenant traits so I just came straight here

You might not like the other 2 traits, one is a GM Glint: Basically proc’s soothing bastion aka 4s shield block at 25% health. The other is Jalis GM – pops Jalis’s Elite (50% damage (power and condi) for 5s) which pops at 50% hp. Combine all 3 and it will be pretty hard to burst a Rev down.

in Revenant

Wishes.3021

You guys giving me examples of other traits similar to this are clearly missing the point entirely.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

So I was looking through the Mesmer traits to see what the meta is probably going to be (PvP wise) and I came across the kind of trait that makes me reluctant to invest a lot of time in this game.

“Prismatic Understanding” – Increased stealth duration for Mesmer skills. Gain random boons when you are in stealth
Completly passive and overpowered in 1v1 situation. This kind of trait is cancer.

“Time Marches On” – You move 25% faster. The duration of incoming movement-impairing conditions is reduced by 25%.
Again, essentially passive so when bads randomly cleanse but fail to actually cleanse anything meaningful they gain passive condition duration decrease which makes it harder to punish for wasting their cleanses. Dogkitten trait.
ANET Please for the love of god stop designing traits like this, they literally ruin the game

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

You guys giving me examples of other traits similar to this are clearly missing the point entirely.

Then make a general post in pvp section listening all these kind of traits instead jumping to rev section and bashing for some “op” stuff. Right now you attacked rev class ignoring everything else in this game.

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Then make a general post in pvp section listening all these kind of traits instead jumping to rev section and bashing for some “op” stuff. Right now you attacked rev class ignoring everything else in this game.

^This.
Go make this thread in the pvp section and see what responses you get. I’m fairly certain it will be my entertainment for the next few days

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Revenant

Posted by: Bunnytown.7801

Bunnytown.7801

Did you play Revenant in the betas? These traits aren’t that overpowered, or even on the same level as the passives other professions get, like warrior. You get one stack of stability for 2.5 seconds on dodge, and a taunt/prot -after- the disable every 45 seconds.

Of course your point is Anet keeps adding passive traits to the game. However, it is far too late. They designed passive traits into the game, they would need to do a total sweep of traits to get rid of them. Seeing as they just did this 6 months ago, it would be logical to think that they have no intention of ever removing them. If that annoys you too much, I would advise not getting invested as it will only fill you with rage every time you see a player’s passive go off.

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Cancer is also a very sensitive term that you shouldnt throw around

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Agreed Nacario.

This game has always pandered to the masses. That’s why there are skills like this.

Remember ‘the meek shall inherit Earth.’

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Complaining about a taunt on a 45 second cooldown. Wow, I really have seen everything,

in Revenant

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

which class do you play, op? I’m gona go there and post a corresponding thread with the same title.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

‘Eye for an Eye’ – When disabled by a foe with [CC] taunt that foe and gain protection
An even stronger version of ‘Mirror of Anguish’ (from the passive mesmer chaos traitline), completely passive and very strong in a PvP/1v1 situation. This kind of trait is cancer. It doesn’t require any sort of play to activate and it gives a chance for bad players who can’t dodge CC to be completely forgiven, and even get rewarded for being bad by having an opportunity to land a burst no problem if the opponent has already popped their invuln. Why the heck would you design a mechanic that not only forgives, but rewards players for being bad? Absolutely horrible trait.

Thanks for pointing this trait who need to be fix. Coz, let’s be honnest 45 seconds? Need to be lowered to 30 seconds i think.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

Oh boy…

Ok so first off… This thread really needs to be removed from the Revenant Forums if not outright deleted.

Just because one PvP’er (Regardless of who they are) doesn’t like Passive Traits acting passively, doesn’t mean it’s a design flaw, it just means he doesn’t like them.

If he really did understand what great game balance was, he shouldn’t be wasting his time PVP’ing in-game, he should be working for Anet and every other game company in the world, making perfectly balanced games and racking in more money then these silly little PVP tournaments make him. Hell, he could start with LoL.

Second… and completely off topic… This guy’s ego is out of control. He literally thinks himself better then every other Mesmer Player out there.

“I’m LORD Helseth, captain of The Civilized Gentlemen. I’m the most accomplished mesmer player in the game when it comes to tournament placings. I’ve also created every single PVP mesmer meta build since a year ago.

There will always be a difference between peasants and kings and that difference is prominently shown here." ~ Right out of the twitch page.

Holy crap… the arrogance… is staggering. Do you really want the game to take it’s direction from this guy?

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Oh boy…

Ok so first off… This thread really needs to be removed from the Revenant Forums if not outright deleted.

Just because one PvP’er (Regardless of who they are) doesn’t like Passive Traits acting passively, doesn’t mean it’s a design flaw, it just means he doesn’t like them.

If he really did understand what great game balance was, he shouldn’t be wasting his time PVP’ing in-game, he should be working for Anet and every other game company in the world, making perfectly balanced games and racking in more money then these silly little PVP tournaments make him. Hell, he could start with LoL.

Second… and completely off topic… This guy’s ego is out of control. He literally thinks himself better then every other Mesmer Player out there.

“I’m LORD Helseth, captain of The Civilized Gentlemen. I’m the most accomplished mesmer player in the game when it comes to tournament placings. I’ve also created every single PVP mesmer meta build since a year ago.

There will always be a difference between peasants and kings and that difference is prominently shown here." ~ Right out of the twitch page.

Holy crap… the arrogance… is staggering. Do you really want the game to take it’s direction from this guy?

I don’t follow those “pro” guys, giving them money for following and see them playing when you you must work for having it but anyway. I think this kind of comportment is a role (like mesmer is a noble class) but despite that i just find myself “pro” players and pro leagues are real garbage, only a marketting point for promoting a game and, for real, most of them have trully a REAL ego problem when the only thing they do in live is playing a game. Great live for sure.
Anyway at last those pro leagues will have an advantage for most players: pvp will tend to be more balanced.
And speaking about balancing point i will hope Jalis and Mallyx are getting a true role soon and this trait, with 45 seconds, is clearly not op but maybe need to be down to 30 seconds ICD.

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Agreed.

Stability is a menace and should be removed on all classes. If necessary we could have a new system where in order to get stability, you must type in the chatbox: ‘Stability plz 123’. This would allow fast typers and psychics to be rewarded for their superior intellect and reflexes whilst punishing morons, muggles and people with bad keyboard skills.

Stunbreaks should also be removed. If people want to avoid stuns they should have to dodge. There’s no sense in having these buttons that get you off scott-free. We should have an increased number of stuns and other control effects on all professions. None of these should be passive effects. This will promote the ideal of saving your dodges meaning anyone who wastes them on evading dps attacks should be punished as they are obviously idiots.

We should remove all passive traits and replace them with active skills of your choice. This would increase build diversity and send those filthy, disgusting casuals straight back to hell. Those imbeciles should never be able to keep up with a game that’s meant for champions.

I’m with you, brother.

(edited by Demented Yak.6105)

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Demented. Thank you for being so…demented.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Agreed.

Stability is a menace and should be removed on all classes. If necessary we could have a new system where in order to get stability, you must type in the chatbox: ‘Stability plz 123’. This would allow fast typers and psychics to be rewarded for their superior intellect and reflexes whilst punishing morons, muggles and people with bad keyboard skills.

Stunbreaks should also be removed. If people want to avoid stuns they should have to dodge. There’s no sense in having these buttons that get you off scott-free. We should have an increased number of stuns and other control effects on all professions. None of these should be passive effects. This will promote the ideal of saving your dodges meaning anyone who wastes them on evading dps attacks should be punished as they are obviously idiots.

We should remove all passive traits and replace them with active skills of your choice. This would increase build diversity and send those filthy, disgusting casuals straight back to hell. Those imbeciles should never be able to keep up with a game that’s meant for champions.

I’m with you, brother.

Sounds like you main a hammer warrior. Else you wouldn’t want stability removed..lol

in Revenant

Posted by: Manarain.7940

Manarain.7940

So I was looking through the Revenant traits to see what the meta is probably going to be (PvP wise) and I came across the kind of trait that makes me reluctant to invest a lot of time in this game.
Again, essentially passive so when bads random dodge but fail to actually dodge anything meaningful they gain passive stability which makes it harder to punish for wasting their dodges. Dogkitten trait.

Eye for an Eye: I’ve always hated this trait so I don’t run it personally. I’ve had a few guildies talk to me about how much they hate it because of it’s internal cooldown, but other than that I can’t same anything about it personally.
-And-
Unwavering Avoidance is upon completion of the dodge animation so if a rev doesn’t get to dodge (immobilized, interrupted, what have you) then it makes this minor pretty worthless. The immobilized aspect of this is paired nicely with the fact that rev has limited access to condi removal. It’s also a very short duration (2.5 seconds), long enough to secure a downed player or make sure you activate a skill you need, but not long enough for much else, it also makes it less important to interrupt a revenant at the end of their dodge (I mean… it’s not like they can go invisible).

Don’t get me wrong, I hate UA, but is it OP? I personally don’t think so

in Revenant

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Someone needs to get RIOT and Valve on the phone and let them know that LORD HESELTH, praise be, doesn’t like passive traits and KNOWS they are lazy and terrible game design.

Seriously, if passive traits were bad game design then DOTA2 and LoL would not be the eSports Juggernauts they so clearly are. The amount of passives in those games is frankly pretty incredible, most carries have 50% of their skills as passives.

I think the OP and LORD HELSETH, praise be, fail on a fundamental design level, seriously would you rather them replace passives with a buff that you need to refresh constantly as its duration is the same as its CD? That’s the same type of “skill” that makes StarCraft 2 an unplayable mess, increasing APM for the sake of teh hardcorez at the cost of the rest of the player base.

in Revenant

Sarif.1827

Agreed.

I’m with you, brother.

Hahah! started laughing at “chatbox” line and haven’t stop.

Hahahah! Good Post man… Troll Post, but a great one!

in Revenant

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The only thing I don’t quite understand about this trait is that why this trait has 45 sec CD while ranger’s and mesmers are 60 sec CD.

If anything, the ranger counterpart seems the weakest since it doesn’t CC the opponent.
Mesmer’s is a mirror so its strength depends on the incoming CC.
Revenant’s is a guaranteed 3 sec taunt. I thought taunt is a pretty strong CC but it seems the design team thinks taut is a weak CC. So they give it a pretty long CC duration + a shorter CD.

We will see how things unfold.

in Revenant

Posted by: roman.6390

roman.6390

Don’t be upset at other people linking traits if you open up your argument by comparing one trait to another.

The reasoning I see behind the amount of passive traits for the Revenant is because our utilities are “locked in”. It’s more beneficial for us to have active, offensive/defensive utility skills since we can only choose between 2 themed sets. We have no signets with passive boosts, and our legends don’t increase stats or add effects. We use our traits for our bonus to stats, on-demand boons like prot or stability (yes Jalis has a stability skill, but it’s not fast reaction, with a high energy cost) and anything that other classes have easy access to. For example if I’m in a match against 2 hammer warriors with rampage, I can’t just equip different utility to help counter the CC, I need to change my entire build, which will likely take away from my damage or support or a bit of both. Revs weren’t built like the other classes, so don’t be upset that they have more passive traits, you’re comparing apples to oranges.

Whether it’s OP or not is irrelevant, 9 days of actual in game data isn’t enough to decide what needs to be changed, but it’s a great starting point and that’s what he have now.
If you think that passive traits in general need to be redone, fine but you’re in the wrong sub-forum for that. If you think Rev is just class for noobs to faceroll the better players, then you will just come off closed minded. Either way you’re complaining a week before people even get to see how things will work out, no one is very inclined to listen yet.

Helseth is a great player and all credit to him for his success, but he can be a bit of a doomsayer. Don’t follow the herd and repeat what he says just because you watched a lesser player avoid his burst combo.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Agreed.

I’m with you, brother.

I love you for your sarcasm. I really do. TY

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Wishes.3021

Don’t be upset at other people linking traits if you open up your argument by comparing one trait to another.

The reasoning I see behind the amount of passive traits for the Revenant is because our utilities are “locked in”. It’s more beneficial for us to have active, offensive/defensive utility skills since we can only choose between 2 themed sets. We have no signets with passive boosts, and our legends don’t increase stats or add effects. We use our traits for our bonus to stats, on-demand boons like prot or stability (yes Jalis has a stability skill, but it’s not fast reaction, with a high energy cost) and anything that other classes have easy access to. For example if I’m in a match against 2 hammer warriors with rampage, I can’t just equip different utility to help counter the CC, I need to change my entire build, which will likely take away from my damage or support or a bit of both. Revs weren’t built like the other classes, so don’t be upset that they have more passive traits, you’re comparing apples to oranges.

Whether it’s OP or not is irrelevant, 9 days of actual in game data isn’t enough to decide what needs to be changed, but it’s a great starting point and that’s what he have now.
If you think that passive traits in general need to be redone, fine but you’re in the wrong sub-forum for that. If you think Rev is just class for noobs to faceroll the better players, then you will just come off closed minded. Either way you’re complaining a week before people even get to see how things will work out, no one is very inclined to listen yet.

Helseth is a great player and all credit to him for his success, but he can be a bit of a doomsayer. Don’t follow the herd and repeat what he says just because you watched a lesser player avoid his burst combo.

My intention wasn’t to compare the revenant’s traits to other classes’ traits. Unfortunately I didn’t make myself clear enough for people to understand, and probably posted this thread in the wrong sub-forum as you said. I am just tired of traits like the ones I mentioned carrying people in fights who should otherwise be dying, and Anet adding more of these things with a new class just kittened me off a little – I thought there were already enough of them in the game.
I don’t get my ideas from Helseth, I’ve had these thoughts for a long time already but people will only listen to somebody with proof in the pudding so I used him as a voice to vent my frustrations.
Reading this thread though it seems the number of people being against strong passives that can make or break a fight are minimal. As such, I won’t bring it up again.

in Revenant

Sarif.1827

My intention wasn’t to compare the revenant’s traits to other classes’ traits. Unfortunately I didn’t make myself clear enough for people to understand, and probably posted this thread in the wrong sub-forum as you said. I am just tired of traits like the ones I mentioned carrying people in fights who should otherwise be dying, and Anet adding more of these things with a new class just kittened me off a little – I thought there were already enough of them in the game.
I don’t get my ideas from Helseth, I’ve had these thoughts for a long time already but people will only listen to somebody with proof in the pudding so I used him as a voice to vent my frustrations.
Reading this thread though it seems the number of people being against strong passives that can make or break a fight are minimal. As such, I won’t bring it up again.

My big problem is that you don’t offer any objective information as to why these passives are bad, just subjective ones, and then you support your objectivity with a guy who clearly… for lack of a better word, is an kitten. A good PvP’er sure, but he didn’t get good on his own. He doesn’t 1v5 tournament fights and I’m willing to bet he uses passives too.

and yet, despite his strong dislike of reactionary passives, he still plays the game, so it’s can’t be that big of a problem for him.

If you really feel like they are a problem, I’d suggest taking some time, construct a subjective argument and then post that in a proper sub-forum.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Lol this OP….lol, sigh why do week old players do this. The “Eye for an Eye” trait is exactly like Reapers protection even mesmer has a similar trait.

Unwavering avoidance is actually necessary since most of revenant has no stability. Also it seems you havent noticed that revenant has no vigor and generally has very limited endurance regen, one of which only has a chance to proc when hit, so stab on dodge isnt even remotely spammable. You talk about punishing after a mis timed dodge, wouldnt the punishment be hitting the target? if Rev’s dodge didnt work and endurance isnt regained that easily unless hit wouldnt that mean you have a longer window to hit your best attacks?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Revenant is basically an improved form of core professions.

Highest sword autoattack damage (read:sustained DPS), Glint’s heal is OP as hell in PvE and WvW zergs.

Unrelenting Assault is a blurred frenzy that teleports you to the target and does three times the damage of a blurred frenzy and gives 7 might stacks.

Low cd stun breaks. Easy access to quickness. Facets are signets on steroids that apply to your group and the actives actually are not terrible.

You can get all the apologists you want, but there’s a reason why raids are filled up with revenants.

Revenant and Sinister engineer are the new ele, and people hop onto the bandwagon.

I know I’m making a revenant because I have no faith in Anet whatsoever to produce a viable offensive ranger PvE spec.

Revenant is so polished as a class compared to vanilla classes. Mallyx may be in need of help, but then against most classes that are not engineer have condition specs that suck as well.

in Revenant

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Revenant is basically an improved form of core professions.

Highest sword autoattack damage (read:sustained DPS), Glint’s heal is OP as hell in PvE and WvW zergs.

Unrelenting Assault is a blurred frenzy that teleports you to the target and does three times the damage of a blurred frenzy and gives 7 might stacks.

Low cd stun breaks. Easy access to quickness. Facets are signets on steroids that apply to your group and the actives actually are not terrible.

You can get all the apologists you want, but there’s a reason why raids are filled up with revenants.

Revenant and Sinister engineer are the new ele, and people hop onto the bandwagon.

I know I’m making a revenant because I have no faith in Anet whatsoever to produce a viable offensive ranger PvE spec.

Revenant is so polished as a class compared to vanilla classes. Mallyx may be in need of help, but then against most classes that are not engineer have condition specs that suck as well.

Going to have to step in on this since it’s insulting to me to see someone complain about a class secondhand since you clearly have no concept of core revenant mechanics.

Glint’s Heal – Yes it needs a visual effect since the buff icon mixes in too well with the rest of the stuff on the bar, otherwise it’s fine since it heals for stuff all if you’re not a kitten and actually “Stop hitting the revenant OMG”

Facets are not signets, they do not passively apply their effects without being switched on, and if you try to play with them all switched on at once your energy will tank in seconds. This is one of the aspects of revenants that you can clearly see who has a clue what they’re doing just watching them.

Low CD Stun breaks – Apart from the traitable legend swap break, pretty much all of these have some pretty ruinous energy costs that severely limit your options unless you were sitting on a pool of 100% energy (ie doing sweet FA and being generally useless anyway). Coming back to those core mechanics again … you might actually be getting the point by now … maybe? No you’ll just continue whinging anyway, onto the next.

Raids filled with Revenants – Oh wow, you mean you believe people don’t want to spend time testing a new class that they only get two days with?

Final one, Shiro and Glint are polished and work very synergistically. Jalis still feels very awkward to play, Ventari … good luck keeping people standing in that tiny tiny circle, and Mallyx has no real condition pressure to speak of since it’s so highly reliant on torment and pve mobs barely move at all.

TLDR Version – Learn how the core mechanics of a class work before starting on a rant.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

People refer to Vale Guardian as whole “Raid”. It doesn’t work that way.

Your regular Sword Revenant build has rather low AoE damage and while it’s cool and high DPS for single target, what happens if your next Boss spawns a lot of adds? Yea, your old Staff Ele or Epidemic Necro might be much better than Revenant with small cleave.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

You are aware that trait has kitten ICD which I will never take, a master trait to get 5s protection for every kitten , reeally…..Dwarwen Battle Training, putting weakness on enemy every 10s and reduced weakness effectiveness, specially against pesky Necros, the other trait has no chance.

And the 2nd one, you are aware that is the only available source of Herald to access stability and Revenant has no access to vigor for endurance generation, if it will just dodge to get stability, he will melt in nano second.

in Revenant

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

I doubt OP is still here. But the reason they didn’t get is why we were linking other similiar skills.

The point is that unless anet removes those skills from every class they have to add them to the revenant.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

kitten ICD trait is sooo OP… so much in fact I won’t ever take it :P