PSA: Revenant and Weekly Key Farm!

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I was prepping to setup my weekly Black Lion Key Farm character today for the weekly reset on Saturday when I realized that I didn’t need to!

With HOT Launching on 10/23 that means my Revenant will be made on 10/23 and I can do the level 10 story right away for a Key before reset on 10/24.

This way in case the Personal Story contributes towards Mastery XP and you wan to go full in with that right away you can do that without having to wait a day to not waste that first Black Lion key on Chapter 1.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Well that is good to know. I have a question though. I assume you are going to insta 80 then start the personal story, but how do you unlock the ability to get the mastery so you can jump into the old content and start earning exp from step one? I assume we are going to have to get a character to do the little story part and enter the Hot map?

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Well that is good to know. I have a question though. I assume you are going to insta 80 then start the personal story, but how do you unlock the ability to get the mastery so you can jump into the old content and start earning exp from step one? I assume we are going to have to get a character to do the little story part and enter the Hot map?

There are two types of mastery based on location. When I was in the “Silverwaste” instance, I noticed the Tyrian masteries were available for levelling up. So I presume those are going ot be accessible as soon as you play a level 80 in the base game.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

in Revenant

Linfang.1087

There are two types of mastery based on location. When I was in the “Silverwaste” instance, I noticed the Tyrian masteries were available for levelling up. So I presume those are going ot be accessible as soon as you play a level 80 in the base game.

Ok that makes sense. I assume the Hot specific masteries are an option and activated once you enter those maps. I did not want to spoil the new content so I only played the story part, got in the map, seen a bunch of crap for masteries pop on my screen then left!

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

So when I was doing the BWE3 I went to Cursed Shore on my Revenant to test the Eye for an Eye change against Abominations. Soon as I entered Cursed Shore it unlocked both Fractal Mastery and Legendary Precusor Crafting Mastery. I wasn’t able to actually select these Masteries in Tyria but that was what unlocked them. Presumably they’ll be set to unlock a specific thing and you can do them. For example most of Maguuma’s Masteries are set when you enter a specific area/place or complete a specific thing then Mastery started to unlock.

I also presume that the Pact Tyria Commander mastery comes either from completing the personal story mission (designed for 80). So presumably if I log into my level 80 Elementalist who has EVERYTHING done not only will get I get a large number of Mastery points from completed content (such as Living Story Season 2, etc) but hopefully unlock all the Mastery tracks he’d be eligible for.

Regardless this step could be done within time on the first day and still complete your key and begin working on Personal Story etc on the Revenant shortly there after.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

Ok that makes sense. I assume the Hot specific masteries are an option and activated once you enter those maps. I did not want to spoil the new content so I only played the story part, got in the map, seen a bunch of crap for masteries pop on my screen then left!

There’s two sets of masteries. One for Tyria. One for Maguuma. If you are in Tyria, anything*** you do in Tyria goes towards the Tyria Mastery. So far the 3 announced Tyria Masteries are Fractal Mastery, Precursor Crafting Mastery, and Pact Commander. The other Maguuma Masteries only unlock if you earn XP in Maguuma. These are masteries you saw during BWE3 such as Gliding, Itzel, Exalted, etc.

So at one time you can have a Tyria Mastery active for earning and a Maguuma Mastery for earning.

The “anything” part is we’re not 100% what will work in old content to gain XP towards masteries. A lot of the game play gives XP. World Completion. Events. Crafting. Dungeons. Fractals. Personal Story. WvW events. There’s a lot of XP there but we’re not sure what will and won’t feed into Masteries. For example lets play devil’s advocate and say Crafting gives Mastery Xp. That would potentially obliterate the prices in the market as people could throw money at crafting and unlock all the crafting professions to max on all their 80 Toons. Only thing we know for sure is world completion, kills and events so far should be contributing towards it. Personal Story may not, which would be disappointing. Fractal XP could be the only way to raise Fractal Mastery for all we know. There weren’t a lot of specifics unfortunately so best to be prepared for all scenarios.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

That is a good point. At day 1, we will have to wayport to Rata Sum (I’ll create an Asura though ), make our way through the Metrica, Brisban Lands and Silverwastes to start playing in the new area.
And I hope we won’t need the level 80 story to play the expansion one.

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

And I hope we won’t need the level 80 story to play the expansion one.

I doubt you will. You can go start Living Story Season 2 right away without ever doing Personal Story pretty sure. I imagine it’ll just be added into there right after LS2 and it’s up to you if you wanna jump ahead.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Linfang.1087

Well regardless on what we get exp from you have to be level 80 to even flip the exp bar to a mastery xp. That’s the easy part minus some furious clicking on tomes, and don;t forget all the pop up rewards and info you get once you level, what a mess lol.

I can understand the crafting element but personal story is self contained I think they should give us exp after 80 towards the masteries, it does not affect the economy, even Living world season 2 is steeped in account bound items.

Also Flip, I do not see personal story or living story gating anyone from HoT content. The community would go full rage. The advantage of doing it all is for your own personal understanding and lore for that character, plus some item rewards like the back piece, etc

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

Here’s the only thing I’ll be curious about with the Personal Story: Doing the math on all my characters (I keep a spread sheet of characters and where they’re at) I have over 57 chapters worth of Personal Story to do across 16 characters (which includes 16 from my two new Revenants which will both be 80 on 10/23). Each Chapter is roughly 3-6 odd missions usually worth quite a bit of XP so if they wanna make Personal Story count I’m all for that. Lotta decent rewards (tons of T6 mats) from Personal Story and I’ve mapped it out for the fastest choices across all characters at the prime decision points. You add in something like a Celebration Booster or otherwise that increases XP from all sources…kablam.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: XDeathShadowX.2619

XDeathShadowX.2619

When does the key reset? Isn’t there still one reset on the 17? Or do you level a character to 10 and then run the key on reset?

in Revenant

Posted by: caerulean.4837

caerulean.4837

Probably a really stupid question, but does the split between central and maguuma masteries mean we won’t be able to glide in central tyria? That’d be amazing but I wasn’t expecting to be able to.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Probably a really stupid question, but does the split between central and maguuma masteries mean we won’t be able to glide in central tyria? That’d be amazing but I wasn’t expecting to be able to.

Not at launch. It’d break a lot of the game.

A lot of the roof textures have no collision. Just look at all the stuff WoW had to do recently to bring in flying to the new expansion. It broke the game because they never designed some surfaces to be nothing more than wallpaper.

I wouldn’t expect central Tyria to have gliding enabled for awhile if ever.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

When does the key reset? Isn’t there still one reset on the 17? Or do you level a character to 10 and then run the key on reset?

Keys reset on Sundays at 00:00 UTC (19:00 UTC-5 the day before) (this is Saturday in the Americas and Sunday in the EU, Asia, and Oceanic regions). So for a lot of us this will reset on Saturday 10/17 (Sunday 10/18 for people past UTC) which means the next reset after won’t happen until 10/24 (or Sunday 10/25 again for people past UTC). This means you can create a Revenant on 10/23, instant level it to 80, then go do the personal story level 10 step (takes 15 mins tops) and get your key that way instead of having to wait a full day for the reset to happen to do the personal story on the Revenant without wasting a key.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

I was prepping to setup my weekly Black Lion Key Farm character today for the weekly reset on Saturday when I realized that I didn’t need to!

With HOT Launching on 10/23 that means my Revenant will be made on 10/23 and I can do the level 10 story right away for a Key before reset on 10/24.

This way in case the Personal Story contributes towards Mastery XP and you wan to go full in with that right away you can do that without having to wait a day to not waste that first Black Lion key on Chapter 1.

I’ll be too exited to play the new content, to waste even 30 min. doing a key farm (lol can’t call it farm anymore). For me it’ll be the quick rev. leveling experience +20 experience scroll + 60 tomes.

(edited by leftyboy.9358)

in Revenant

Kodiak.3281

I’ll be too exited to play the new content, to waste even 30 min. doing a key farm (lol can’t call it farm anymore). For me it’ll be the quick rev. leveling experience +20 experience scroll + 60 tomes.

Wow it takes you 30 mins to get through the Chapter 1 level 10 story? :x

For me it’ll be instant 80, gear out, 15 mins max on chapter 1, then Halloween content ahoy! Then repeat a day later with my 2nd 80 Revenant.

Kodiak X – Blackgate