PVE Support build

PVE Support build

in Revenant

Posted by: YoshiRx.2376

YoshiRx.2376

I’ll start by saying we all know that support rev (and rev in general) won’t be meta, but that won’t stop me from trying and trying to make the build as strong as possible.

Currently I have this

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlEQNAW5unnN2gSyJvQRNlbosoyPU4U5IKIs8ElFflxe3gLeNgDegtjPKB-TxRGQBXS5XlU/BAPBgJpbgI7PIgLCAFVCSKAvmaB-e

My experience has been so far that this build provides adequate healing along with 25 might stacks (spam blast finisher + fire field) and some alacrity, but does like 3-8k DPS maximum…

My main goal is to be able to take the place of a druild if need be.. I lack the buffs offered by the druid which means I have to be able to make up for that with my own personal DPS or some other thing.

I can change something to devastation for assassin’s presence.

Dropping invocation takes away my 7% extra damage plus I’ll need more precision to reach 100% crit.
Ggetting rid of herald, I lose the might ability, elder force, facet of nature as well as concentration in general.
I could also consider dropping salvation, but I haven’t tested how well I heal without it, plus I lose alacrity.

Now there is also the final option of switching to a condi build:
In that case I would want to run corruption somewhere.
For that build I can scrap devastation and just place me with all of the condi damage dealers.
I am tempted to run invocation still because I will gain 7% condi damage then I could either scrap herald or likely switch it to renegade instead.

As for build there i’m tempted to see seraph’s gear, but I don’t need the concentration in this build if I do end up doping herald and the might stacking (assuming someone else would have that covered). Then switch to crit based sigil (since i’ll be at 100% crit chance). There is also shamans and apothecary and the weapon swap sigil.

At this point i’m going to wait to see what the PoF stat lines are before changing anything

PVE Support build

in Revenant

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’m building something similar at the moment.

Stats: All Zealots
Water Runes
Water / Transference Sigils
Sword + Shield, Staff
Ventari + Glint

Devastation: Vicious Lacerations, Assassin’s Presence, Swift Termination
Salvation: Nourishing Roots, Invoked Harmony, Selfless Amplification
Herald: Radiant Revival, Shared Empowerment, Elder’s Focus

Mace is alright for stacking might, but Sword is alright for stacking vulnerability. Also, it does substantially more damage than Mace on a zealot’s build. As a final advantage, the sword’s damage rotation is less energy taxing, giving you more energy for heals and Facet of Nature.

When it comes to Invocation vs. Devastation, Devastation is the winner. Assassin’s Presence from the Devastation Line adds 15% crit damage, or around 6.8% overall damage for zerker builds at 100% crit chance. The other Devastation traits are for vulnerability stacking and personal damage, but Assassin’s Annihilation can make up for the lack of a formal heal skill in long fights.

Invocation gives ferocious aggression and better fury, but overall Devastation doles out more damage. At 150% crit damage, Invocation has a total modifier of 1.55, whereas Devastation has a total modifier of 1.88. Even if you crit less, Devastation just hits harder. Also, invocation gives very little to teammates.

Salvation is necessary, for three reasons. First, it adds a lot of healing. Second, it has good synergy with Herald through the interaction of Shared Empowerment and Nourishing Roots. Third, Serene Rejuvenation is one of the few things that makes healing rev stand out.

Unfortunately, I am relatively new to healing builds. I don’t have much information about condi healing builds. Otherwise, I think you’re trying to stretch yourself too thin. You can’t have everything. Power rev is good at might/fury/protection, healing rev is good at alacrity and regeneration, and the more you try to marry these two the less you’ll end up doing.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

PVE Support build

in Revenant

YoshiRx.2376

How do you do that damage modifier calculation out of curiosity?

That’s a good claim for devestation over invocation for sure. Now i’ll just have to work up to 7% crit chance.

See the reason i’m trying to go for extra damage is because we can’t offer the buffs of a druid. The only way we are going to “replace” a druid is if we offer something else. In this case we have to offer more DPS than the average druid to try and make up for the fact that we lack the buffs.

Honestly I may consider not using shared empowerment. As long as there is a PS warrior we shouldn’t really need to add that extra might. Then we can run bolster fortifications to add extra protection.

As for condi. In theroy condi should take less stat investment than healing (power builds ned: precision, ferocity and power condi juts needs condition damage and expertise), but then it makes devastation a dead stat line for us and we would have to go in a condi exclusive group so we could just not worry about adding ferocity.

Also if using herald in a condi build our grandmaster traits are all useless…

PVE Support build

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I do a salvation/retribution/glint support heal build with clerics and monk runes. You will do 600+ on regen ticks and ventari heal does 9kish. You’ll also have access to staff 5 and on heal skill (from retribution) you will spawn a projectile barrier. Basically you heal decent and can block most projectiles with a good spike heal if needed. It works as long as regen doesn’t get written over etc although I’m sure druid does better.

PVE Support build

in Revenant

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Invocation: [1.50 (Crit damage) x 0.9 (chance to crit under fury) + 0.1 (chance to not crit) ] x 1.07 (Ferocious Aggression) = 1.5515

Devastation: [1.65 × 0.7 + 0.3] x 1.07 (Targeted Destruction) x 1.1 (Swift Termination) x 1.1 (Vicious Lacerations) = 1.8838

Adjust for different trait choices accordingly. Either way, a healing build is going to miss out on a lot of damage no matter what you do. Power builds lose the stats from scholar runes, force and air sigil, and the crit damage from berserker gear. A condi build is going to miss out on all of its duration bonuses from the runes and the sigils, as well as all of its duration from stats.

PVE Support build

in Revenant

YoshiRx.2376

Ah that makes sense thanks!

Do we need the sigil of transference honestly? I haven’t had any difficulty keeping a raid squad healed up with just the zeolt gear and some food. Typically the only time someones dies is when they screw up a mechanic (like gets teleported or something). That would open up a sigil slot or two if we don’t keep sigil of water and instead we can camp staff when we need heals and sword + shield or mace + shield or axe if going condi.

You are absolutely right we lose DPS no matter where we go, but i’m trying to minimize that loss.

If we get a gear slot with something like Condi + Healing + Expertise + Concentration that would be perfect in my opinion (that is in no particular order BTW). Likewise if we got something with Power + Concentration + Healing + Precision that would also be great.

PVE Support build

in Revenant

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

If you find that golden ratio between damage and healing, let me know. My general philosophy for healing builds has been “as much as possible”, since my goal in the group is to minimize the impact from mistakes. A limitless number of mistakes can theoretically produce a limitless amount of damage, and you never want to be caught without enough healing to cover it.

PVE Support build

in Revenant

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

For, uh, RP concept I’ve been running a Salvation/Retribution/Herald build with Staff/Hammer, Cleric gear, Water Runes, and Centaur/Dragon Stances. It’s been a surprisingly effective open world roaming build, and I’ve gotten good comments from people who stick to me like flies for buffs, heals, and reflection. If I find myself needing less healing, I’ve got a sword and shield in my bag in place of the Staff for personal survival and extra DPS.

PVE Support build

in Revenant

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Finally built it. Got done playtesting it in fractals. The increased damage is a welcome change from healer ele, but I notice that it has a far harder time carrying bad players than other healing builds. The thing with all of these close proximity heals is that they require a certain level of competence from teammates in order for them to work. For the one or two guys who stick with the boss, the alacrity and all the heals are an excellent source of sustain. For the 3 other guys who try to warrior rifle the boss… I swear one guy thought the tablet was an enemy attack, because he ran away from it like it caused cancer.

Normally the usefulness of a healer goes up the more inept your teammates are. The less they dodge, the more you heal, the more you matter. But for Ventari Rev, there’s a drop off where a certain lack of cooperation means you end up not doing much at all. It reached a point where 2/5 teammates were constantly dying because I was always chasing a third with the tablet. Envoy of Exuberance and Renewing Wave can only do so much for the wandering player. Facet of nature is useless for players who can’t self-buff, and that upkeep cost really cuts in to Natural Harmony spam.

I’m certain a lot of my woes will be alleviated as I become more experienced with the spec. Also I’m certain that this morning’s pool of players were particularly inept, and with more competent players I can accomplish more.

PVE Support build

in Revenant

Posted by: Celldrax.2849

Celldrax.2849

I personally forewent healing for a mix of boon duration, tankiness and power (and something usable whilst playing solo).

So what I came up with was full soldier armour, full wanderer trinkets and zerk weapons with runes and sigils that give +83% boon duration with facet of nature and pretty respectable stats at 25 might (usually have 10 minimum).

I occasionally change a couple of things in the trait lines, but mainly use devastation, invocation and herald.