Phase Traversal

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

I hope you guys know how radical’s this skill “Phase Traversal” is? I’m dumbfounded how no one is talking about it in the forums. Teleporting up mountains and through houses. No class can out run you nor can they catch you. Its the one and only thing I see that unbalances the Revenant class. It really should have a 5 second timer or a cost of 35 energy or decrees teleporting a person to 900 distance. Am I the only one not making a wish list on the forums but trying to give sound advice in the hope of balance?

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Sigh…this “problem” was already brought up and even addressed by Roy himself. Phase Traversal operates identically to any other shadow-stepping skills found on other classes. E.G. Thief’s Infiltrator’s Signet and Guard’s Judge’s Intervention.

Such skills are designed to ignore line of sight and even terrain so long as there is a valid, contiguous path from the player and its target. In other words, the player has to naturally be able to walk from his starting point to his ending point without having to jump or move to a different platform. The skill only takes into account the actual distance from point A to point B. So the shadowstep will still connect so long as the target is within 1200 range (for a Rev) even if the actual walking distance is greater.

Once again, this isn’t a Rev exclusive skill.

Edit: As a Rev we don’t have much in the department of disengage. I guess you could cheese it and target something away from your current fight to shadowstep to that. For the most part once we’re on a target, we’re practically stuck on them until one or the other dies. Thus, it makes sense that we have the ability to stick to a target so well. We are in fact channelling the spirit of an Assassin.

The other thing is our balance is through energy management. Yes, we can indeed chase down our target indefinitely, but what do you do once you get to your target and have no energy to do anything else?

(edited by savacli.8172)

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

I hope you guys know how radical’s this skill “Phase Traversal” is? I’m dumbfounded how no one is talking about it in the forums. Teleporting up mountains and through houses. No class can out run you nor can they catch you. Its the one and only thing I see that unbalances the Revenant class. It really should have a 5 second timer or a cost of 35 energy or decrees teleporting a person to 900 distance. Am I the only one not making a wish list on the forums but trying to give sound advice in the hope of balance?

You’re only seeing it because you’re watching others spam away. When you spam that to get to someone you are left with no energy. You are forced to switch and when you get off of shiro your dps takes a hit. Its energy cost is good and it does what its supposed to. If you spam it you are a free kill. That is why no one is talking about it because its a suicide button if you spam it.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Is EXACTLY like all other teleports. You know? Guardians, thieves, mesmers…all can do the same.
Not a Rev problem, but a skill type one. So, that’s why no1 is really complaining.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

The teleport is fine and just like the other skills, but the problem is how spammable it is meaning you have 0 chance to escape a fight unless you have stealth. I think the skill should not teleport you closer to the target if they are out of range. Allowing this to happen gives Rev god like mobility.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

The teleport is fine and just like the other skills, but the problem is how spammable it is meaning you have 0 chance to escape a fight unless you have stealth. I think the skill should not teleport you closer to the target if they are out of range. Allowing this to happen gives Rev god like mobility.

Ha! You think stealth can save you?!

Gaze of Darkness. There is NO escape!

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Vergil.3970

Vergil.3970

In combat. And if it can find another target to escape from, which may or may not happen.

Revenant was given an extraordinary chase option while lacking escape options. I am okay with this. I prefer it versus warriors GS/Sword escapes.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Phase Traversal is a lot of fun, but I do understand the complaints about it. No one can escape from a Rev outside of stealth. I think it would be fine to add a cooldown but it would have to be very, very short. 2-3 seconds would be ideal, and definitely no more than 5 seconds, IMO.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

There is no problem with it as many others have said. If you think these over the top tanky-zerg surf builds who are designed to run away are acceptable well, this could be the way the developers are telling you the player that doesn’t fly anymore.

If you go into a pvp map and have no intentions of pvping and only want to run away when attacked adjust your build for more survival so you can fight.

They added more dedicated healers to the game and clearly expect you to play with them to try to win your fight not run. If worse comes to worse fight near a tower door like several other cowards do. It is 100% effective at stopping all of shiro’s skills and sword 3.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

The big problem here is that there are other classes that can and do keep up with others just as easily. Their is a precedent for this in game already.

Thieves, Mesmers, Warriors, Elementalist… All of whom can stick to some easily throughout a fight and even run away with next to nothing anyone can do unless they are one of these classes…

Now the Revenant follows suit.

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Phase Traversal is a lot of fun, but I do understand the complaints about it. No one can escape from a Rev outside of stealth. I think it would be fine to add a cooldown but it would have to be very, very short. 2-3 seconds would be ideal, and definitely no more than 5 seconds, IMO.

Whole point of the class was to have little to no cooldowns on our utilities and Shiro already has a cooldown on his elite. Can we just not do this and keep our good chase potential? Even if you spam it, you’re going to be left with little to no energy and forced to swap, so it’s not like it’s unstoppable.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

The problem is how many times in a short span of time you are able to use it (if you feel like to spend that energy).

It’s quite ridiculous in my opinion. Either an increased cost, or reduce the range or something.

little big wizard – Eu

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

The problem is how many times in a short span of time you are able to use it (if you feel like to spend that energy).

It’s quite ridiculous in my opinion. Either an increased cost, or reduce the range or something.

Then you get to your target with no energy and are forced to swap. I don’t see anything wrong here.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

Then you get to your target with no energy and are forced to swap. I don’t see anything wrong here.

Yeah ofc, it is pretty punishing having to swap to another legend with that free sweet 50% energy to keep fighting normally…

I mean it’s not like you just covered 2400 / 3600 range in a matter of seconds right? Such a harsh tradeoff.

little big wizard – Eu

(edited by atreyu.9624)

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: MUDse.7623

MUDse.7623

if u increase the energy cost and or put a cd on it then please make it ground targetet, instant and stunbreak like shadow step from thief. u can use it only offensive or need adds – revenant has pretty bad defensive mobility if he has no enemy on range to target.
i also killed a lot ppl chasing em with that skill, but those did not fight back and just tried running faster – i had very hard time if they suddenly stopped and attacked me.

10k hours n still a noob

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

Yeah ofc, it is pretty punishing having to swap to another legend with that free sweet 50% energy to keep fighting normally…

I mean it’s not like you just covered 2400 / 3600 range in a matter of seconds right? Such a harsh tradeoff.

And I only have 50 energy to fight with for the next 10 seconds and no On-Swap Cleanse/Stun-Break.
Not to mention that I’ll have basically no escapes.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Whole point of the class was to have little to no cooldowns on our utilities and Shiro already has a cooldown on his elite. Can we just not do this and keep our good chase potential? Even if you spam it, you’re going to be left with little to no energy and forced to swap, so it’s not like it’s unstoppable.

I don’t mind a short cooldown (again, 2-3 seconds or at most, 5) if it will balance the skill. A cooldown that short, in my opinion, would not change the overall feel of the Revenant (being energy-limited rather than cooldown-limited). Of course, whether or not one feels Phase Traversal needs adjustment is up for debate. After playing mostly Rev during all three BWE’s, I think it does need a small adjustment and would rather see a small cooldown added than an increase to the energy cost. But that is just my opinion, others are free to disagree.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Does Infiltrators Arrow have a CD?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

MUDse.7623

no but its thief, let em poor souls have something they r superior in (+ it doesnt require a target)

10k hours n still a noob

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Lionwait.4815

operates identically to any other shadow-stepping skills found on other classes. E.G. Thief’s Infiltrator’s Signet and Guard’s Judge’s Intervention.

How can you even compare judge’s intervention with phase traversal. One has a 45 second cooldown where as the other has a 0 second cooldown?

I guess you could cheese it and target something away from your current fight to shadowstep

Exactly!….. Calling it cheese just proves my point of making this post.

For the most part once we’re on a target, we’re practically stuck on them until one or the other dies.

Bull crap!…….

The other thing is our balance is through energy management. Yes, we can indeed chase down our target indefinitely, but what do you do once you get to your target and have no energy to do anything else?

You switch legendary and get 50% energy back.

You are forced to switch and when you get off of shiro your dps takes a hit.

No my DPS didn’t take a hit on condition build.

Is EXACTLY like all other teleports. You know? Guardians, thieves, mesmers…all can do the same.
Not a Rev problem, but a skill type one. So, that’s why no1 is really complaining.

This kinda reply dumbfounds me……. Its no where near exactly like other teleports. My problem is it has no limiter like other teleports. Its ridiculous on how you can spam it and get to a enemy that you just see a crossed the map in a blink of a eye. I’m just going to call the skill god mode for now on. Its that cheesy…..

You guys are defending it for now because you only see it in a small scale scenario but when this goes on the big scale of professional guild comps. You’ll be crying so loud the words I told you so wont even be heard because of your noise.

(edited by Lionwait.4815)

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Stinja.9612

You switching legends isn’t a small ordeal as a Revenant. The act of doing so means you’re not in shiro, which means your skirmishing potential just significantly dropped because you no longer have multiple stun breaks. It’s like leaving fire or air and being stuck in earth or water on ele without being able to go through a solid rotation.

If the developers have a problem with it they will fix it, I personally hope it stays the same and players like yourself just get over the whole “Running away is an option”

You always have the option to play with groups to cover for your errors and clearly don’t play Revenant against anyone who has a clue how it works. It has the most predictable builds and rotation patterns out of all the classes.

You can literally know everything about your opponent without having to exchange back and forth at a glance. Your dps didn’t take a hit on condition builds, well prove this statement. Torment requires them to move, confusion requires them to attack to get real damage out of either of these conditions. Thus the players you were pub stomping prolly: A. havent ever even fought a Rev or B. Arent very good. It doesn’t mean your dps claims are true.

All this topic has become is I the OP am 100% right and will not admit to any other valid points players bring up, if you disagree with me you are wrong.

I can do the same exact thing a Revenant does with shiro phase traversal with sword 2 on thief but you prolly aren’t even aware of that, it just takes a few more buttons.

TL:DR OPs problem with the skill is exactly just that, their problem. Don’t bother trying to discuss it with them as they don’t actually care what you think unless it coincides with their own viewpoint.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

MUDse.7623

You guys are defending it for now because you only see it in a small scale scenario but when this goes on the big scale of professional guild comps. You’ll be crying so loud the words I told you so wont even be heard because of your noise.

well if there is a guild running 20-30 rev ‘professionally’ then another guild will run 20-30 chronomancer to perma stealth and then burst em apart in a blink of an eye.

if a 30 man zerg has let say 7-8 rev and they port that way from other side of the map into the enemy group – i have no clue why u would call it professional.

as phase traversal has a casttime u still wont use it while cc’d like the other teleport skills it was compared to in this post.

10k hours n still a noob

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Lionwait.4815

You switching legends isn’t a small ordeal as a Revenant. The act of doing so means you’re not in shiro, which means your skirmishing potential just significantly dropped because you no longer have multiple stun breaks.

Its called stability when dodging buddy and 9 seconds later you got those so called things you point out back. So your points aren’t valid.

Your dps didn’t take a hit on condition builds, well prove this statement. Torment requires them to move, confusion requires them to attack to get real damage out of either of these conditions.

You do play this game right? I ask this because torment and confusion does do damage even with out moving or using skills. Maybe not as much as it can but it does. And consider that a enemy has to use a skill to remove such conditions that means the confuss stacks will do the full amount of dmg. and consider how fast the Revenant class can put so many stacks of torment on a enemy. You truly believe that people will just stand still till torment is off of them? And on top that the the Revenant class can do good burning stacks with chill weakness and vulnerability conditions. You really understate what a Revenant capabilities.

I can do the same exact thing a Revenant does with shiro phase traversal with sword 2 on thief

No you cant. The effects/actions of both skills are far from the same. You have to stop and consider that Theif’s cant just switch weapons and get 50% energy back and start using their weapon skills that cost energy. Where as Revenant every 9 seconds gets 50% energy back every time they switch legends.

(edited by Lionwait.4815)

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Oh no you’re not. I think it needs a nerf, but like, not a big one. I say 5s internal cool down. Now you cant catch thieves/eles that burst everything to get away, or one time in my case, I caught a mes that portalled away. Mind you it wasn’t the full distance but it was still way too far for me to go (like 4 casts). I think upping the energy cost could potentially kill it since you need 30 energy for your stun break and if you go into a fight without it, you’re a sitting duck. In the first BWE, when the sb cost was 35 I found phase traversal was useless and I ended up having to take axe to accommodate the mobility.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

5cd for infiltrators arrow please. Actually i would put 8cd there as they can escape with it unlike us who can olny chase the target.

While were at it infiltrators strike could also use 5cd, why thief is allowed to teleport all over the place for both defense/offense yet some ppl asking to nerf our mobility – the olny reason to pick shiro inthe first place? We have 0 mobility outside of Shiro, so please stay away from something that inst op at all in spvp.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Lionwait.4815

5cd for infiltrators arrow please. Actually i would put 8cd there as they can escape with it unlike us who can olny chase the target.

While were at it infiltrators strike could also use 5cd, why thief is allowed to teleport all over the place for both defense/offense yet some ppl asking to nerf our mobility – the olny reason to pick shiro inthe first place? We have 0 mobility outside of Shiro, so please stay away from something that inst op at all in spvp.

That is some pretty weak sarcasm/logic…. If you really put both classes together you would see that Thief’s need that mobility because of their squishness. Where as Revenants have heavy armor having more toughness better heals and a hell of a lot more condition control resistance and don’t forget the bigger health pool too boot.

Your suggestions have been received and denied……. For lack of sense.

As a reminder I would say this post is about putting a limiter on this get out of jail free skill. Just like other teleporting skills have. It is NOT about taking away the skill. Its all about tweeking it to balance it out.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i know the shadow step is fine in pvp scenarios i saw 1 foing far and i was close i asked ally to give me target and i get there so fast to prevent a cap. but had no energy so had to play carefull and use my heal fast till energy come back while i was 50% hp and the enemy almost in full health

so i think the main issue is revenant has got shadow step abilities but have to play more careful with energy management as it can scerw you over

but i think we can compete with the thief role in some ways or even with ele regarding sustain

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Thieves with sb#5 and sword#2 say hi :p

M I L K B O I S

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I think it’s the first time I ever complain about a skill on the forums, but in my opinion it’s absolutely game-breaking in my favorite game mode, conquest, in this current iteration.

First of all, no, it can not compare to thief’s SB#5 or sword#2 in any way. PT costs only 20 energy, has 1200 range and is insta cast. If you spam it, you can easily ports three times, meaning 3600 range (!), before running out of energy.

You can SB#5 two times, for 12 initiative points, on a trickery build. That’s an awesome 1200 range you covered, in something like 1-2s (it’s not instant). On sword#2, which resembles PT more because it requires a target, you can do two or three IS-IR combos, for 1800 range max, in about 4-5 seconds (counting the time it takes for the energy to replenish).

In addition, when the thief runs out of initiative, he’s dead. When the revenant runs out of energy, no problem! He just swaps legend, blowing only a short CD, and can perform any attack he wants. What a trade-off!

Last but not least, thief is balanced around its amazing mobility. It can’t win any duels except against mesmers and other thieves. I advocated several times on the thief forum that this was a good thing, that thief was fun to play because its role was just different. Now you have a revenant that can +1 better than a thief (but not decap), but is also a beast in duels and teamfights. That can’t be healthy.

You guys probably think PT is fine because most revenants are terrible (they are new to the profession after all), and most of the forum crowd plays exclusively soloq. I faced a team with the only good revenant I’ve seen in the entire beta, and it was ridiculous. When two of my team mates died, I tried to build back momentum by keeping the revenant and two other players busy chasing me at far (on Khylo), and then Portaled back to mid to +1 my team mate (normal mesmer stuff). The revenant just spammed PT and was on me in under a second. I was forced to blow the best mobility skill in the game, for which I wasted a valuable utility slot, 60s CD, and he was on me with just 60 energy, “wasting” only his legend swap. That can’t be right.

tldr: PT trivializes rotations in Conquest, and is inappropriate for a profession who is not only a good +1er, but also a decent duelist and a beast in teamfights. It hould probably get a 10-15s CD, and see its energy cost raised to 30-35.

edit: some words were censored for no reason.

(edited by Sorel.4870)

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

As someone planning on making rev my main, I think it could use a short CD. Like 3 seconds. I think instant back to back is a bit much but a short CD keeps it closer to thief shortbow.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: damnwidget.9301

damnwidget.9301

I’ve been doing the same thing with my thief SB#5, SE and IS since ever I don’t really see the problem here…

[SoW] Sông Of War – Baruch Bay

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

I’ve been doing the same thing with my thief SB#5, SE and IS since ever I don’t really see the problem here…

This.
Difference is that Thief doesn’t need a target and can escape easily, while Revenant can’t do that at all.
Think of it as anti-decap, but once they commit, they’re stuck in there until someone dies.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

savacli.8172

That is some pretty weak sarcasm/logic…. If you really put both classes together you would see that Thief’s need that mobility because of their squishness. Where as Revenants have heavy armor having more toughness better heals and a hell of a lot more condition control resistance and don’t forget the bigger health pool too boot.

As a reminder I would say this post is about putting a limiter on this get out of jail free skill. Just like other teleporting skills have. It is NOT about taking away the skill. Its all about tweeking it to balance it out.

While Rev’s can shadow step we can only do it one way: we need a target. Yes, we can take advantage of that and have allies call targets for us for quick steps, but at the end of the day, we are still limited to that one very strict gotcha.

As a Thief you have a selection from:

• Infiltrator’s Arrow
  • Infiltrator’s Signet
  • Infiltrator’s Strike
  • Ink Shot ?Smoke Trail
  • Shadow Shot
  • Shadow Strike
  • Shadow Trap ?Shadow Pursuit
  • Shadowstep ?Shadow Return
  • Steal

Each of the skills’ mechanic vary from requiring target, ground target, and “checkpoint” type recalls (such as Shadow Trap’s 10k step range).

Rev gets….Phase Traversal. So yeah, we have to get a little creative with the skill since it’s the only one we got.

As far as better armor and better heals? We have a marginal Defense difference granted to us for being a heavy. Any more Armor would require traits or gear. Our “better healing”? Assuming a typical Shiro/Glint, we have one heal that requires our targets to continuously attack us for max mileage, and our other heal requires us to land 6 hits on our target for the full payoff.

More Condi control resistance? Not unless we take Mallyx, and even then we are supremely fragile as we’re hiding behind a single boon that’s keeps us alive. Strip us of that boon, and we’ll explode (since we can’t really cleanse it). Shiro offers a slight soft condi removal on movement impeding conditions, and Glint can “absorb” condi damage, but ultimately, we have to go out of our way to get solid, continuous condi removal.

Rev’s running Shiro have a very very obvious weakness in their build is why they have to rely on shadow stepping shenanigans.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

The amount of misinformation from OP and the others against PT is hilariously ridiculous. Get your facts straight please.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

You guys probably think PT is fine because most revenants are terrible (they are new to the profession after all), and most of the forum crowd plays exclusively soloq. I faced a team with the only good revenant I’ve seen in the entire beta, and it was ridiculous. When two of my team mates died, I tried to build back momentum by keeping the revenant and two other players busy chasing me at far (on Khylo), and then Portaled back to mid to +1 my team mate (normal mesmer stuff). The revenant just spammed PT and was on me in under a second. I was forced to blow the best mobility skill in the game, for which I wasted a valuable utility slot, 60s CD, and he was on me with just 60 energy, “wasting” only his legend swap. That can’t be right.

Truth finally comes out.

TLDR; summary of your words not mine
I was beaten by a highly experienced Revenant (I play a Mesmer, a stealth and portal beast because there is no counter to it. Phase Traversal breaks my unstoppable double cap/double support) and my coordinated PvP team against another coordinated PvP team lost. …

please nerf.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

savacli.8172

Truth finally comes out.

TLDR; summary of your words not mine
I was beaten by a highly experienced Revenant (I play a Mesmer, a stealth and portal beast because there is no counter to it. Phase Traversal breaks my unstoppable double cap/double support) and my coordinated PvP team against another coordinated PvP team lost. …

please nerf.

I laughed a little as well on that one. The TL;DR was absolute beauty.

If I were on Mesmer and knew my opponent was a ShadowStepSpammer I would force him out of Shiro THEN portal out. Otherwise, yeah, I expect a Rev to pop up next to me in about 2 seconds. In that case if he’s still in Shiro, then I know to wail on him since he doesn’t have much energy (if any at all). If he swaps, he may now have recovered his energy, but I now own the playing field since he lost a great deal of his mobility.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Tiibags Tyler.3125

Tiibags Tyler.3125

I also like how OP counters only the points he can. I think the skill is fine and I run Glint/Jalis, so I might not know what I’m talking about, but people who use that gap close and then need to burst are probably running a DPS setup, in which case the legend swap kills your dps. If you’re like me and run a tanky dpsish char, by you have no burst that will make the skill OP.

TLDR; if you’re very dangerous when in close proximity of the enemy, the legend swap will kill your mobility and dps. A DPS rev without Shiro and therefore dps and mobility is suddenly not dangerous. LTP if a class in close proximity kills you without mobilty or his primary DPS skills. A dodge will get you out of range and you should have your own movement skills.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I also like how OP counters only the points he can. I think the skill is fine and I run Glint/Jalis, so I might not know what I’m talking about, but people who use that gap close and then need to burst are probably running a DPS setup, in which case the legend swap kills your dps. If you’re like me and run a tanky dpsish char, by you have no burst that will make the skill OP.

TLDR; if you’re very dangerous when in close proximity of the enemy, the legend swap will kill your mobility and dps. A DPS rev without Shiro and therefore dps and mobility is suddenly not dangerous. LTP if a class in close proximity kills you without mobilty or his primary DPS skills. A dodge will get you out of range and you should have your own movement skills.

What is even worse is if the Mesmer knows he is going to be chased by the Revenant, all he and his team mate has to do is dps/condition bomb right where the Mesmer is standing when coming out of the portal (the Mesmer also has a stealth option and can break Revenant target porting as well if exiting to an area alone).

FYI – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve flat out wasted Judge’s Intervention when used a hair of a second after the Mesmer went stealth or then ported back through the same portal a second later back to where we were or just distorted/evaded/used Sword 2 and JI failed or Mesmer used Blink to completely screw over any other mobility counter.

It’s purely the ‘I must learn something new’ and refuse to do so with the tools I already have on my class and probably already even have most in my build argument.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: redspartanred.1450

redspartanred.1450

I for one think that Phase Traversal is perfectly fine the way it is. I’m glad that there is finally a class that can catch up to those war, ele, thiefs, and mes, who tend to port or run away as soon as they are in trouble. This is the type of qq that broke mallyx in the first place for many rev players. I really hope that the dev’s leave this skill as is.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Nearly all ofit is just bullkitten but lets ignore the fact that thief also has stealth and better condi removal. We do not. There is nothing to tweak as it is balanced already. Giving it a cd will allow DD or power lock mes to lock us out of mobility for 10/15sec seconds #balance

Also right now rev without herald is squishy as Jalis is a fail. Give me one build that doesnt use herald traitline.

If phase traversal is broken (it can be olny used to catch enemies as it need a target), then thief mobility is ridiculously overpowered and needs to be toned down badly to balance them out /thread

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

This is good, I say. This game needs a whole lot less of people being able to avoid losing a fight just by running away.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Agreed, it’s a little too good right now. Maybe reducing its range to 900 would balance it out.

Also Riposting Shadows 50 endurance gain may be a little too much too. Reducing endurance gain to 25 would be a good start.

Having said that, Impossible Odds at -10 energy feels too expensive and restrictive, reducing the cost would come a long way.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

damnwidget.9301

This.
Difference is that Thief doesn’t need a target and can escape easily, while Revenant can’t do that at all.
Think of it as anti-decap, but once they commit, they’re stuck in there until someone dies.

I wasn’t asking about the difference but thank you… I was just pointing that I don’t see any problem in the revenant’s phase traversal

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

One easy fix would be that you must be at 1200 range to use the skill. Atm its able to teleport as long as you can target someone :/

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

damnwidget.9301

One easy fix would be that you must be at 1200 range to use the skill. Atm its able to teleport as long as you can target someone :/

Then it will become unbalanced and will be changed to ground targeted at least

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

dont forget that the target we need must be in sight which is 2400 range or so
also you must have a feasible way to him or you will struck at a wall 500 range of you :d

thief can SB/SS to location which is unreachable

so revenant cant decap/cap empty points only contest while thief can
so i think its balance this way like sending bunker rev to contest in 1v2 situation

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Lionwait.4815

Dude that is a good idea. I haven’t thought of that one.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

It was working at first like that and it been completely useless as rev wasnt able to catch anyone at all while still consuming energy. The way it is now is completely fine.

We lose whole set of utility with crappy healing ability just to get that mobility, and yet some people want to take it away..srsly.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

savacli.8172

It was working at first like that and it been completely useless as rev wasnt able to catch anyone at all while still consuming energy. The way it is now is completely fine.

I remember that. The annoying part wasn’t so much that it was limited to a strict 1200 (I’d be okay with that to an extent) but rather your Rev would consume the energy, start the mist animation, and hop up maybe 60 units if your target was too far. In that case, a red text saying Out of Range would have been more fitting.

Phase Traversal

in Revenant

Stinja.9612

• “Its called stability when dodging buddy and 9 seconds later you got those so called things you point out back. So your points aren’t valid.”

So you’re taking retribution so you literally will do less damage and lose out on invocation for 1 stack of stab on dodge, an okay choice in Spvp but terrible choice in WvW and strong-hold.

• “You do play this game right? I ask this because torment and confusion does do damage even with out moving or using skills. Maybe not as much as it can but it does. And consider that a enemy has to use a skill to remove such conditions that means the confuss stacks will do the full amount of dmg. and consider how fast the Revenant class can put so many stacks of torment on a enemy. You truly believe that people will just stand still till torment is off of them? And on top that the the Revenant class can do good burning stacks with chill weakness and vulnerability conditions. You really understate what a Revenant capabilities.”

Wall of text that ignores the plethora of condition counter play in the game and still provides 0 evidence of your same DPS claims.

Only bad players will sit in melee range once they know you’re a condi Rev, and if you’re using Shiro/Mallyx you’re losing out on way better builds you could be running.

• “No you cant. The effects/actions of both skills are far from the same. You have to stop and consider that Theif’s cant just switch weapons and get 50% energy back and start using their weapon skills that cost energy. Where as Revenant every 9 seconds gets 50% energy back every time they switch legends.”

You proved my point exactly, you are not informed on what you can actually do with a thief.

I’ve played one for over 5000 hours, Ini comes back at a reasonable rate and one can simply Jump and cast sword 2 to leave no white circle and rapid step after targets.

Learn a little something from more seasoned players since clearly you must not have known that.

You swap legends as a Rev you cant keep using Phase traversal so i don’t know what you’re even trying to get at here. 9 seconds is a long time trying to chase or get away from someone.

TL:DR The age of running away is over, get over it and prepare to actually fight to win.