Phase Traversal needs buffing

in Revenant

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

This is an excellent ability and I’d like to see it buffed. Right now I can only teleport 1200 range with it towards a target far away. It lets me exit combat in WvW when I’m in trouble as long as there are targetable objects in the distance. It’s a good start but with further tweaking it can be fantastic. I’m getting PMs from people telling me to stop using teleport cheats so I think they should make the animation a bit more obvious for it so people know what’s happening.

It has no cool down and that’s good but it would be better if it cost less energy as I can really only do it instantly around 3 times or so.

For instance, thieves can teleport 2400 distance with shadow step (1200 going and then 1200 returning). I’d like to see Phase Transversal buffed to atleast 1500 range and maybe even add a trait to get it up to 2400.

What do you guys think? I’m going to main Revnant as my roaming class because I think when played well you’ll never die.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Ummm it’s already the most broken mobi in the game? So please go play the game before suggesting this it’s an obvious no.

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

Seriously, it’s one of the best skills Revenant has and is just on the border of getting a nerf and you want a buff? You have absolutely no idea what about what you’re talking about.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

IMO it needs either an immobilize or condi clears, it should be made to be either more defense or offensive

in Revenant

Posted by: vox.9027

vox.9027

No class has a teleport greater than 1200, neither will Revenant. 2/10 thread does not need buff.

in Revenant

Posted by: MUDse.7623

MUDse.7623

why u guys take it so serious what he wrote? its too obvious trolling.

No class has a teleport greater than 1200, neither will Revenant. 2/10 thread does not need buff.

thief has 10k range port with shadow trap – i rarely use it full range coz u mostly get stuck somewhere trying, but i often use it like 2k range+.

10k hours n still a noob

in Revenant

EvilSardine.9635

IMO it needs either an immobilize or condi clears, it should be made to be either more defense or offensive

This is a good idea.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I’d like to see Phase Transversal buffed to atleast 1500 range and maybe even add a trait to get it up to 2400.

Yes, and while we are at it lets make it a ground target and reduce the energy cost to 10 instead of 20. That way you don’t have to bother targeting something to get away just point click and you are half way across the map! Just imagine the zerg potential with a bunch of revs that could spam a 2400 blink skill.. giving me shivers…

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Can it just insta-kill everyone? It would save us all so much time.

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

It might make it too boring that way. Gotta make it so you can let them at least feel like they can win (but really there is no hope).

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

It might make it too boring that way. Gotta make it so you can let them at least feel like they can win (but really there is no hope).

You’re right. We should build them up so that we can cripple them emotionally by taking away their hope at the end.

You are diabolical.

in Revenant

Kronos.2560

You’re right. We should build them up so that we can cripple them emotionally by taking away their hope at the end.

You are diabolical.

=), Told you it was a good idea!

in Revenant

EvilSardine.9635

I was discussing with my friend on how to really bring this skill up a notch and the best we came up with was for Anet to include a stealth at the end of the teleport. It would allow the revenant some much needed survivability.

in Revenant

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

I was discussing with my friend on how to really bring this skill up a notch and the best we came up with was for Anet to include a stealth at the end of the teleport. It would allow the revenant some much needed survivability.

Don’t forget the superspeed

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Don’t forget the superspeed

a blast finisher maybe?

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

This is an excellent ability and I’d like to see it buffed. Right now I can only teleport 1200 range with it towards a target far away. It lets me exit combat in WvW when I’m in trouble as long as there are targetable objects in the distance. It’s a good start but with further tweaking it can be fantastic. I’m getting PMs from people telling me to stop using teleport cheats so I think they should make the animation a bit more obvious for it so people know what’s happening.

It has no cool down and that’s good but it would be better if it cost less energy as I can really only do it instantly around 3 times or so.

For instance, thieves can teleport 2400 distance with shadow step (1200 going and then 1200 returning). I’d like to see Phase Transversal buffed to atleast 1500 range and maybe even add a trait to get it up to 2400.

What do you guys think? I’m going to main Revnant as my roaming class because I think when played well you’ll never die.

Troll post is Troll.

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

….

Troll post is Troll.

account name says it all :-D

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

It doesn’t need a buff.

It’s already good as it is. It’s perfect.

Also 3/10 trolling

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

so you think a class thats well played will never die. Thats literally the definition of OP. sigh… Rev is getting a bad name already

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

I feel like we are being trolled

in Revenant

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

Since this looks like someone being salty over how good the ability is, Infiltrator’s Strike does the exact same thing without the activation time and you are able to use it more often. You can teleport back as well, but for the sake of the argument you can cancel the Infiltrator’s Return.

If this is not okay for Revenants I don’t see why this would be okay for Thieves.

-

Rev is getting a bad name already

Get used to it, this isn’t new when a new class is introduced to an already established MMO. I think it took 4 years before Death Knights stopped getting flak for being Death Knights in Warcraft.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

(edited by Bovan.9481)

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Since this looks like someone being salty over how good the ability is, Infiltrator’s Strike does the exact same thing without the activation time and you are able to use it more often. You can teleport back as well, but for the sake of the argument you can cancel the Infiltrator’s Return.

If this is not okay for Revenants I don’t see why this would be okay for Thieves.

-

Rev is getting a bad name already

Get used to it, this isn’t new when a new class is introduced to an already established MMO. I think it took 4 years before Death Knights stopped getting flak for being Death Knights in Warcraft.

to be fair, DK was… ya know, a bit muscular

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Needs 1200 range and workable with or without a target.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

I like how it is. Working without target would be great.
I also don’t mind 1500 range against those annoying pewpews, but I guess it’s to much.
Adding a cd of 2 sec won’t ruin it so you can really spam it. But yeah I also think a cd isn’t necessary that is what energy management usually is for.

But currently the offensive effect for that energy cost is rather weak. Would like to see an additional offensive buff. Like a 1~2sec immoblize. A immoblize would help to combine it with other skills.

in Revenant

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

Ummm it’s already the most broken mobi in the game? So please go play the game before suggesting this it’s an obvious no.

amen

in Revenant

EvilSardine.9635

Can we get an update from a dev? We need to know if they’re going to buff this ability or not. It really needs it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zyhonas Thanatos.2039

Zyhonas Thanatos.2039

Can we get an update from a dev? We need to know if they’re going to buff this ability or not. It really needs it.

I don’t see how they need to buff that ability, as it is a mass spam move that doesn’t have a cool down. As its limited only by your energy, you can easily pull off 3 of those in a fight if you are just love tapping nearby foes as you go. In other words, do not expect a buff.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’d like it to travel through time.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

Ye, they’re buffing it to 5000 and adding a 1200 dmg aoe before and after porting. They’re also lowering the cost to 1 energy.

(edited by Terimac.5871)