Pistol?

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Akrib.4297

Akrib.4297

I feel like pistols would be well suited for the revenants playstyle. They seem to be somewhere between a warrior and a thief, it’s like having best of both worlds. Think this would be a good weapon choice we might see in the future?

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I’m pretty sure they’re just going to slap us with a kittening Greatsword. Isn’t that the universal go-to weapon?

But, in the name of wishful thinking, I would rather like to see Scepter to give revs some of that ritualistic vibe.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: ScarecrowHD.4120

ScarecrowHD.4120

I would love that, the only thing in my opinion is i dont really trust Anet with pistols anymore, wich is truly a shame beacuse i think being a Mistwalker able to Flow trought it up to you only to pop off your bloody head is awesome.

Pistol?

in Revenant

ScarecrowHD.4120

Sorry im comming back in here again, i just wanted to say in the secpter department i agree it would give it that Ritualist vibe but i would much rather have the rev having weapons that arent used that much for the rest of the classes if you feel me? one of the things that really drew me to the class was its ability to wield power based douple swords without them being condition based

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

Not like sword offhand is terribly good. Everyone using axe.

But yes, I see lots of edgelord revenants begging for greatsword so they can use twilight.

Pistol?

in Revenant

ScarecrowHD.4120

Not like sword offhand is terribly good. Everyone using axe.

But yes, I see lots of edgelord revenants begging for greatsword so they can use twilight.

Actually like Offhand sword more than i like axe or sheild but yea its insane soon at this pace evry class can use a bloody greatsword.

Pistol?

in Revenant

LucianDK.8615

Tried using sword offhand for a bit in pve, but axe mobility just trumps it hard.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Akrib.4297

I hope it doesn’t end up getting a GS, I feel like this class has potential be different compared to the other heavy classes. Pretty much what ScarecrowHD said, few professions have pistols and even fewer are viable with them. This would be a good chance for ANET to really set professions apart from one another and let them do different things, I really hope this profession doesn’t get ruined.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

I too am bored, like BORED with greatswords everywhere, but pistol, for a rev? Nah. Scepter I can see happening, I like that idea.

Bigger issue: give us a trident please.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Gimme greataxe, kids. And change sword offhand to dagger…………

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I’m pretty sure they’re just going to slap us with a kittening Greatsword. Isn’t that the universal go-to weapon?

But, in the name of wishful thinking, I would rather like to see Scepter to give revs some of that ritualistic vibe.

no, no, no, expect one superior AC in each hand!!!

Joking aside.
I would bet since Guardian players were expecting the paragon support, that would get added to elementalist or ravenant :\.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Pistol?

in Revenant

LucianDK.8615

What is the AC you are mentioning?

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i support pistol if it is mainhand.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Pistol MH or Rifle would be cool.
We still don’t have a “Spellslinger” in this game (or many other games for that matter).

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

No thanks on the Pistols or Rifles. I already hate the fact that they’re in the game now.

Personally, I’d love to see the GS added.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Pistol?

in Revenant

LucianDK.8615

No thanks on the Pistols or Rifles. I already hate the fact that they’re in the game now.

Personally, I’d love to see the GS added.

Cuz of Twilight, right?

Revs badly needs a ranged condi option. We have ranged and melee power, and melee condi.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Id actually love some kind of actual gunner but only if it had dual guns :X
so duals wouldn’t be possible cause they only add a weapon at a time.
But please no GS or bows…

Stella Truth Seeker

Pistol?

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Rev needs condition range CORE weapon for sure..

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I would LOVE GS for revenant.

Pistol I would say no too b/c you already have hammer as your ranged weapon set.

Pistol?

in Revenant

LucianDK.8615

Pistol I would say no too b/c you already have hammer as your ranged weapon set.

We have hammer as a POWER weapon. Its fairly bad for a condi build.
Pistols serves as condi weps for thieves and engineers.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

This game needs less condi and the hammer is ranged power. The other melee we got is melee condi in the mace.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Spicy.2481

Spicy.2481

Let me correct you abit here, only engineers use pistols as condi weapons. For thieves D/D is condi build and pistols are power weapons.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

Let me correct you abit here, only engineers use pistols as condi weapons. For thieves D/D is condi build and pistols are power weapons.

Thief Pistols can be used for Condi, albeit a bit gimmicky.

This game needs less condi and the hammer is ranged power. The other melee we got is melee condi in the mace.

Rev is the only class without a ranged Condition-applying weapon (Hammer only applies a very small Chill). Not having ranged condi kinda forces even more Shiro, really.

(edited by Malchior.5732)

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Revenant getting pistols would be interesting to say the least.
I’d imagine that it could even work well as a MH/OH addition with Mace if they were handled properly.

Aside from that, Shortbow isn’t a bad choice, but I’d assume that would be best saved for a Pyre Fierceshot legend/ESpec.

On the other hand, a part of me -really- wants Greatsword.
What if it were a Greatsword that was ranged (similar to Mesmer) but condition focused instead of power?

Pistol?

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

On the other hand, a part of me -really- wants Greatsword.
What if it were a Greatsword that was ranged (similar to Mesmer) but condition focused instead of power?

Why even have a GS if we’re not gonna be swinging it? I don’t even like how Mesmer uses it and I couldn’t care less for Twilight/Sunrise.
Might as well give us an under-distributed weapon like Pistol or Rifle or even Shortbow.
I think that would be better.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Condition rifle hype. Say to to g… shortbow! Also shortbow comes with 900 range skills.. i dont need dat. 1200+ or gtfo

Ps. i also dont like the idea of a ranged gs.. i want to swing it like Artorias from DS.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

Ps. i also dont like the idea of a ranged gs.. i want to swing it like Artorias from DS.

Not too far off!

Aside from that, I’m just sad that the only other way to swing around like Artorias is dual wielding Majestic Greatswords in DkS2…which is a game I didn’t enjoy quite as much as DkS1.
Hopefully DkS3 is better (pls no spoil).

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

No way I like offhand sword. Two swords just looks so cool.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

No way I like offhand sword. Two swords just looks so cool.

IIRC Herald’s Shield was supposed to be a Dagger originally so you could have had both in an alternate universe.
I personally prefer Sword + Parrying Dagger though.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Akrib.4297

I just don’t want it to turn into something similar to one of the other heavy classes by adding another weapon choice that we all ready have on a guardian or a warrior. There both already running GS, I don’t want a to be doing the same thing on a rev. Guardians are already rolling with scepter and focus. The rev deserves something unique.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I just don’t want it to turn into something similar to one of the other heavy classes by adding another weapon choice that we all ready have on a guardian or a warrior. There both already running GS, I don’t want a to be doing the same thing on a rev. Guardians are already rolling with scepter and focus. The rev deserves something unique.

Then dont run with gs. Nobody forces you to equip it.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Akrib.4297

Then dont run with gs. Nobody forces you to equip it.

I’m just saying I don’t see the benefit of the third heavy class using a GS when a warrior and guardian are already using it. Might as well just use one of those classes or a mesmer, ranger or necro for that matter. If you want to run difficult content with organized groups you are locked in a limited amount of weapons to use if your class is lucky enough to be useful in that content.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

And we have warriors, guardians, rangers, mesmers, thieves using swords. That didnt stop them from giving one to rev as well right? I mean i dont see a benefit giving rev a sword either when both guard and war can use it already, same for mace or hammer. So whats your point actually other than selfish reasons? Gs is popular bc its one of these weps that gets best skins ingame and gw2 is a cosmetic game after all.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Akrib.4297

And we have warriors, guardians, rangers, mesmers, thieves using swords. That didnt stop them from giving one to rev as well right? I mean i dont see a benefit giving rev a sword either when both guard and war can use it already, same for mace or hammer. So whats your point actually other than selfish reasons? Gs is popular bc its one of these weps that gets best skins ingame and gw2 is a cosmetic game after all.

Yeah guess you could say that, fashion wars it is. That’s what was good about GW1, their wasn’t any weapon restrictions. I feel like they took a step backwards, but it helps sell more expansions. It’s not about being selfish but bringing more underrated weapons into use.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: The Wandering Fool.2913

The Wandering Fool.2913

I was thinking about this earlier today and think that what we really need is Dual Wield Melee Focus with a Killroy Stonekin Legendary Brawler Stance. Half the foci look like they would make excellent punching style weapons.

Pistol?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

funniest sentence written on the forums. clearly you haven’t discovered p/d.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.