Poll: Biggest Revenant Issue

in Revenant

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

https://strawpoll.de/7ed9g51

Come vote for the biggest Revenant player issues as of today!.

Temporary Solution to all this nerfs? Play another class till they unnerf Revenant.

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Personally, fixing bugged or broken aspects of the class are more important to me. These are things that were never intended, and shouldn’t be addressed only in the quarterly patch, if they’re addressed at all.

Other things, like reworks of terrible designs etc would probably come next.

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

All of those things make me varying levels of kittened but I think the first one is the worst of them.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

If you would take out this option from the poll “The fact that every balance patch, Revenant gets a nerf of some kind.” and redo it, I think this post would be more usefull for the devs to figure what they did wrong with Rev.

in Revenant

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Bad poll. Take out the “balance patch”, “lol axe”, and the “WvW Mallyx/Dwarf” options, and we’ll have a good poll. Because the balance patch one is stupid to even be there (talk to the medium armor classes if you want to see what true nerfs look like), the axe offhand is just our useless weapon (every class has one), and the WvW one is entirely the fault of squad composition. You get enough eles cleansing and enough guardians popping stab, and we never need to use Mallyx or Jalis.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The biggest problem with Revenant is visible lack of direction in balance changes since BWE3.

Nerfs are one thing, justified or not, but Devs seem to be really confused with class as a whole – Revenant has that one power build and that seems to be everything ArenaNet is capable of for this profession, at least for now. Maybe all the bugfixes, redesigns are held till next expansion, no idea.

It just looks like each time the time for balance pass comes around, they look at that power revenant build, judge whether to nerf it or buff it. Then Devs recall that there are other legends, weapons and specializations within this class so they randomly toss 1 random buff, a “bone” and hope it suddenly makes other options viable.
And it’s not like these buffs are even any good all the time – see the atrocious “rework” of Momentary Pacification.

No, these random buffs, unless ridiculously overpowered, won’t spark new archetypes. There are simply too many things within Retribution, Salvation, Corruption, Mallyx, Ventari, Jalis and weapons that have core issues and need deeper look, most likely redesign.

And these things have to have their “class fantasy” again – Mallyx had one, for example and it got deleted, getting no new one instead. Not to mention things like Jalis, who never met his “fantasy” of sturdy legend in the first place.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Revenant

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

They need to bring Beta 1 Mallyx back. Let me return condis back to opponents like it used too. Some of us dont want to play power builds, but want to be condi Mallyx masters.