Power Revenant 2017

Power Revenant 2017

in Revenant

Posted by: ethanzephyr.7298

ethanzephyr.7298

What changes would need to be made to elevate power revenant to a pug-ready state in raids?

Power Revenant 2017

in Revenant

Posted by: TwistedFate.8705

TwistedFate.8705

Some more dps to start with and maybe something unique so it does not push another class out of the circle? Would be awesome to finally be able to play my rev in pve I mean it is kinda pathetic that their (expansion class) is just instantly kicked from most content outside of wvw.

Power Revenant 2017

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Other than a straight up DPS boost, I think the only things that would make Power Rev in-demand for PUGs would be:

Brining back the old, super OP, Signet of Inspiration, which would restore the 1 chrono/1 PS/1 Rev pulsing NR comp.

Or if they got rid of Sigil of Concentration and Boon Duration Food while also expanding Natural Resonance to effect ten people, I could see groups sacrificing a pure DPS position to maintain 100% quickness uptime.

Power Revenant 2017

in Revenant

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Some more dps to start with and maybe something unique so it does not push another class out of the circle? Would be awesome to finally be able to play my rev in pve I mean it is kinda pathetic that their (expansion class) is just instantly kicked from most content outside of wvw.

Definitely rev needs something unique. Every buff or action of rev tries to occupy another professions space. Problem is other professions are doing it so much better. There should be something unique for Rev that other professions would appreciate and need.

Power Revenant 2017

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It needs a damage buff as assassin’s presence and naturalistic can both be taken by Condi herald which still does more DPS. I would suggest adding an ~10% direct damage modifier as a trait option for invocation adept. Add in a bit more damage to weapon skills and it could be able to benchmark? 30k DPS while providing naturalistic resonance, assassin’s presence, protection and good cc which would make it competitive.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Power Revenant 2017

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

What changes would need to be made to elevate power revenant to a pug-ready state in raids?

This is basically how to make power revenant better for general PvE IMO.

Some punch for staff AA. Remove the skill usage condition on staff 2. Just make it a short interuppt.

Cleave on hammer AA.

Improve sword usage against multiple targets.

For example: Precision strike hits up to 3 targets. Every target can only hit once. Increase dmg of precision strike 66% or 50% if 66 is to high.
Same with sword 3: You can hit a target 3 times and increase dmg per hit. You can hit up to 3 targets.
Give sword 5 a 480 range.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

(edited by InsaneQR.7412)

Power Revenant 2017

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Someone once suggested in another thread to give Impossible Odds group Quickness.
It seems like an interesting idea. Could be a benefit to a group/subgroup in Raids, even if you wont have alacrity support with it.

Sword/Staff skills….they’ve nerfed the Auto Attack and Surge of the Mists before, so I’m unsure about them buffing either for a flat damage increase.

Precision strike, in my opinion, should focus your selected target and pierce to potentially hit targets behind them, or at its side depending from the angle you launch it from. Might make it more effective against bigger hitbox bosses for extra damage. Maybe increase the range to 600?

Unrelenting Assault should get similar treatment – focus the selected target, but have “splash” damage of weaker hits on anything around the selected target within a small radius. Like the above, the extra impacts could deal some additional damage to bigger hitboxed enemies and raise DPS.

Another thread mentioned Ferocious Strikes being an upkeep trait that grants +Power for your energy pips. That could help if it can outdo Vicious Lacerations damage boost in heavy energy expenditure cases. +Ferocity might also help for bigger crits to stack with Assassin’s Presence.

(edited by Euthymias.7984)

Power Revenant 2017

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Unrelenting Assault should get similar treatment – focus the selected target, but have “splash” damage of weaker hits on anything around the selected target within a small radius. Like the above, the extra impacts could deal some additional damage to bigger hitboxed enemies and raise DPS.

I suggested something similar to this but also that the unrelenting assault skill get its damage off faster to allow for a quick spike of damage that increases DPS and gives might rather than acts simply as a defensive evade.