Power Revenant Changes July 26th 2016

in Revenant

Posted by: Biklen.5490

Biklen.5490

Hey guys this video update on REV is based on power and using sword/shield/staff. I wanted to clarify my opinion on REV and how the changes will effect us. Like I said in the video, REV damage is still REALLY good and with our evades we are STILL a force in PvP/WvW. Enjoy the class and hopefully they continue fixing the bugs that sometimes kills us. Like number 3 on sword. Enjoy the video! I hope it helps the returning players that want to try this class out and wanted a quick update.

~BalougaPod

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Rev inst good, case closed. Feel free to go home.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

From what I’ve been reading on the various forums no classes are good anymore compared to how they used to be.

I haven’t looked at them all but this includes thief, ele, necro, guardian, warrior, revenant, and engineer.

in Revenant

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

I can see people running Glint/Mallyx with Power/Concentration stat amulets, also probably Mesmers too. That boonshare kitten in WvW is coming to PvP… maybe?

in Revenant

Biklen.5490

i hope your trolling

in Revenant

Biklen.5490

From what I’ve been reading on the various forums no classes are good anymore compared to how they used to be.

I haven’t looked at them all but this includes thief, ele, necro, guardian, warrior, revenant, and engineer.

I think all classes will be good just will take more skill to play them. I hope anet stays on this coarse

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

I think all classes will be good just will take more skill to play them. I hope anet stays on this coarse

As you say in the video you posted in the original post, the few nerfs alone aren’t that much of a big deal.

Still, what worries me most and what I keep saying before and especially after the patch is that this class (Revenant) is getting fixes way too slow.

The Revenant concept seems outdated in some sectors (ex. condition cleanse/handling) while most legends need some sort of fixing, with Jalis and Ventari being the most urgent ones, as they are rendered close to useless. Being unable to clear tons of condis that some profs can throw to you while they got the ability to reapply them with no problem isn’t skillful play.

I would accept the “careful approach” A.net says is following but it seems that this approach applies mostly on Revenant buffs/fixes while nerfs can be as “careless” as it can be (ex. PT energy increase by 75%).

Imho the recent patch wasn’t bad… it was just too “meh” for a profession that really needed more attention.

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

(edited by Ilias.8647)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

i hope your trolling

No, i am totally not trolling. 6cd PS with the way it works is overkill. So is 35 energy PT, reflectable trash Shiro heal, damage nerf to PS&UA and so on. They finally broke this junk class.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nivik.2961

Nivik.2961

Thank you for such a positive presence in the Rev community man! It really does make a difference. Your video’s are really great. Keep em comin please!!

in Revenant

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

i hope your trolling

No, i am totally not trolling. 6cd PS with the way it works is overkill. So is 35 energy PT, reflectable trash Shiro heal, damage nerf to PS&UA and so on. They finally broke this junk class.

Just change class and stop QQ in Rev forum. All i see from your posts is nagative about how Rev is useless and when i go pve\wvw\spvp hes so good at them. So just change class may be Rev is just not ur class think about it.

in Revenant

Biklen.5490

Thank you for such a positive presence in the Rev community man! It really does make a difference. Your video’s are really great. Keep em comin please!!

Look bro if the class sucked I’d make a TRUMP video telling the world we can make the REV great again…BUT until than…My rev kicks kitten and chews bubble gum…AND IT IS ALL OUT OF BUBBLE GUM…People that cry and whine about this class WANT to be OP…But once it is OP than they laugh and say LOL SO BROKEN….So u cant make them happy…Those people will only be happy once they Find Jesus…

Maybe …. Dunno…We can hope….But jesus is a start

in Revenant

Posted by: Mr Quinn.9815

Mr Quinn.9815

Who is this Jesus Toon? where can I get one? Is he OP?

this notice was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit

in Revenant

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

Look bro if the class sucked I’d make a TRUMP video telling the world we can make the REV great again…BUT until than…My rev kicks kitten and chews bubble gum…AND IT IS ALL OUT OF BUBBLE GUM…People that cry and whine about this class WANT to be OP…But once it is OP than they laugh and say LOL SO BROKEN….So u cant make them happy…Those people will only be happy once they Find Jesus…

make a LETS MAKE CONDI REV VIABLE AGAIN. unless it’s viable? any1 tested with vipers?

in Revenant

serj.8214

make a LETS MAKE CONDI REV VIABLE AGAIN. unless it’s viable? any1 tested with vipers?

With viper to squishy, with Rabid or Wanderer 50\50 if u got focused its GG in glint\malyx there are not so many escapes, but reworked trait in Coruption is nice) its so cool when necro spam condi u copy 3 of them to his teamates and u are with resist XD

in Revenant

Ilias.8647

This far, without having many PvP games or spent my usual time in WvW with Revenant after patch, I got to say that even without having any buff in the Power Rev I feel I am having a little less trouble with some classes.

This is probably due to changes to other classes. For example Thieves in 1v1 seem to bug me a bit less probably due to this CD between stealth attacks.

The slight increases in some skill CDs aren’t that noticeable (at least at my level) but still we got the same flaws as a class as before.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Rev would be good if basic bugs would get fixed. Try to fight a mesmer with sword: PS will hit envoirmental walls and flag poles, maybe one projectile will hit an illusion. Same with UA, youre like if you hit once.

in Revenant

serj.8214

Rev would be good if basic bugs would get fixed. Try to fight a mesmer with sword: PS will hit envoirmental walls and flag poles, maybe one projectile will hit an illusion. Same with UA, youre like if you hit once.

How much enviroment that could be hit do u have at spvp?)

in Revenant

Ilias.8647

The Rev Vs Mes (especially if its power Rev Vs condi Mes) match-up has one more issue!

If condi Mes apply confusion on you (and condi mes applies multiple stacks) and given the hard time a power Rev has to cleanse condis, the use UA will trigger confusion 5 times. This means, against a Mes with 1200 condi damage, 622damage/stack per UA use.

In other words, you ’ll beg to hit some illusion standing next to a wall for the UA to end prematurely!!!

(edited by Ilias.8647)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Houses, barrels, some walls. The worst offender was Khylo map.

in Revenant

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Rev is still ok imo but they keep making changes that make playing Shiro feel more and more clunky and frustrating while simultaneously neglecting to rework lesser used Legends like Jalis and Ventari. I also just generally dislike the whole Mallyx setup because it’s only really good for Pain Absorption and I suppose to a lesser extent Unyielding Anguish but it just feels so much less cool than it could be. They also keep nerfing the weapons. So every patch I just feel more and more limited and generally annoyed with the class. It makes it worse knowing that I have to wait another three months to see any potential changes.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

i have to wait another three months to see any potential nerfs.

Fixed it for you.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Rev is still ok imo but they keep making changes that make playing Shiro feel more and more clunky and frustrating while simultaneously neglecting to rework lesser used Legends like Jalis and Ventari. I also just generally dislike the whole Mallyx setup because it’s only really good for Pain Absorption and I suppose to a lesser extent Unyielding Anguish but it just feels so much less cool than it could be. They also keep nerfing the weapons. So every patch I just feel more and more limited and generally annoyed with the class. It makes it worse knowing that I have to wait another three months to see any potential changes.

Yep, its not like when you meet another class and you dont clearly know what skills they picked. Go use rev for a few months, and then fight other revs. Its SO predictable since stances provide no skillchoices. So the weapons were kinda important, but yes youre right, Nerfenant.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

All of it

And I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if they threw in some ambient critters to attract those Precision Strike hits too in the near future.

in Revenant

serj.8214

All of it

And I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if they threw in some ambient critters to attract those Precision Strike hits too in the near future.

Just use it right and there want be any probs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Play against Maguuma, in WvW then, you will see they use boatloads of revs…..