Precision Strike

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

It doesn’t work. It doesn’t friggen work. I moves at 2x too slow, it only throws projectiles half the time, and it doesn’t work on downed players. Are you serious anet? This skill is in like alpha mode, I like the idea but come on! Make sure it works before you release it!

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Yeah I’m using this thing in PvE and it’s just borked to beat hell, if it’s more than 1 enemy the projectiles go flying in all directions and this I loose all the supposed damage buffs. On another note, unrelenting assault seems to hit harder in the shorter timeframe but getting to the point….

Wtf are they thinking saying “sword should be for singling out targets.” When precision strike and unrelenting assault, EVEN THE AA all go against this concept, but they’re trying to shoehorn it in. The sword does anything but help to single out targets!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

I’m pretty sure Anet doesn’t know what they want from the Revenant class anymore lol. They’re probably just happy that no one is crying for them to be nerfed anymore.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

if I could just get revs sword and hammer on a guardian, id be good…

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

I’ve been playing around with it most of today, and it seems to be bugged pretty badly, in that there are a bunch of objects in the game world that for some reason are counted as enemy targets, but can’t be seen/damaged because they’re just part of the world. For example, in wvw, the first aid kits will soak up precision strike attacks, and so does something in the center of the molten boss arena.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I do like the change with Precision Strike though there’s things that need to be fixed to make it actually acceptable. It needs to work on downed players.. It also needs to prioritize players and not shoot off at nearby stationary things….like houses….crates…etc. Possible fix for this is have all three projectiles fire off but after/if they hit, they can bounce once to a nearby foe(if present) for a lesser amount.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Yeah I’m using this thing in PvE and it’s just borked to beat hell, if it’s more than 1 enemy the projectiles go flying in all directions and this I loose all the supposed damage buffs. On another note, unrelenting assault seems to hit harder in the shorter timeframe but getting to the point….

Wtf are they thinking saying “sword should be for singling out targets.” When precision strike and unrelenting assault, EVEN THE AA all go against this concept, but they’re trying to shoehorn it in. The sword does anything but help to single out targets!

The theory is that if you get a single target, sword mainhand will let you beat it up (except for autoattack 3, which is clearly strongest when cleaving). It doesn’t do anything to help you get that single target, though. Offhand sword 5 is supposed to help there.

Of course, theory is very different from practice. This is the team that balanced Alacrity on the basis that 66% faster cooldowns meant 66% more DPS, after all.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

This skill shouldn’t target structures and neutral enemies, already made a bug report. Battle of Khylo seems to be the worst offender in here, because there are so many objects and even invisible structures Precision Strike projectiles seems to randomly target.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

This skill is a mess, they should just make it a single target attack. I’m also very upset about our main source of damage being projectiles. Even Anet know its a bad idea, remember sword second auto? They changed it because projectile on melee weapon feels clunky. I’m still going to play revenant, because it still has uses, but it’s not a fun class, auto is clunky, precision strike acts weird half the time and we don’t get much use out of utility skills.

Meanwhile they buff thief auto so much, that backstab, heartseeker and even the damage buff dodge are all dps loss and all you should do it autos.

P.s. my guardian GS does more damage, nerf incoming?

(edited by Trice.4598)

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Probably reducing the radius to 300 , increasing projectile speed by 200% and prioritizing players should make it usable.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Hooglese.4860

Probably reducing the radius to 300 , increasing projectile speed by 200% and prioritizing players should make it usable.

Yes, yes all the yes. Also unbug it

PvP
Mesmer – hoogelz

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Hooglese.4860

This skill shouldn’t target structures and neutral enemies, already made a bug report. Battle of Khylo seems to be the worst offender in here, because there are so many objects and even invisible structures Precision Strike projectiles seems to randomly target.

My friend and I had good chuckles seeing where it would go. The best so far seems to be if you use it at mid, cause it will go anywhere. It seem to like to try to hit the bell.

PvP
Mesmer – hoogelz

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Make it single target, increase speed by 200%. If Sword is about singling out targets, then it shouldn’t even be AoE. Even then, Reflects will make you cry, but at least it’ll be somewhat usable.

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Make it single target, increase speed by 200%. If Sword is about singling out targets, then it shouldn’t even be AoE. Even then, Reflects will make you cry, but at least it’ll be somewhat usable.

The AoE effect is actually an weakness that punishes you for not singling out targets. That part is fine, imo.

I think that it’s the projectile hit box that needs to be a little bit bigger.

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Well if the sword being the “PRECISION ASSASSINATION” weapon and having both its skill strike RANDOM targets, did not shed some light on how kittened up in the brain anet devs are, i dont know what will.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

The AoE effect is actually an weakness that punishes you for not singling out targets. That part is fine, imo.

Oh ok, I’ll try to single out that guy in the crowd with my Sword 5 that barely helps and is melee range or I’ll try to separate that Ranger/Mesmer/Necro from their pet/illusions/minions.
Should be simple, right? Sword is SO good at singling out targets after all.

Precision Strike

in Revenant

DiogoSilva.7089

Oh ok, I’ll try to single out that guy in the crowd with my Sword 5 that barely helps and is melee range or I’ll try to separate that Ranger/Mesmer/Necro from their pet/illusions/minions.

Sword MH is good at damaging isolated targets, not isolating them. :P I haven’t used OH sword yet, still sticking to the shield. But now that the shield’s heal was nerfed, I might consider it…

Precision Strike

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

Sword MH is good at damaging isolated targets, not isolating them. :P I haven’t used OH sword yet, still sticking to the shield. But now that the shield’s heal was nerfed, I might consider it…

Well, it’s like a ranged weapon with poor kiting skills (like Rev Hammer). If you can’t keep a target where you need it, then the weapon is bad.

So if Sword can’t isolate targets, why are Sword 2/3 only good at damaging isolated targets? It makes no sense and you depend too much on your opponents playing badly.

Precision Strike

in Revenant

DiogoSilva.7089

Well, it’s like a ranged weapon with poor kiting skills (like Rev Hammer). If you can’t keep a target where you want it, then the weapon is bad.
So if Sword can’t isolate targets, why are Sword 2/3 only good at damaging isolated targets? It makes no sense and you depend too much on your opponents playing badly.

I think OH sword #5’s range is the real culprit. It you could trigger it from a bit further away, it could be pretty cool. But trying to connect it at 130 melee range against moving targets leads to a lot of missing and makes it hard to position yourself the way you would want to. Even a small buff to 300 range could make a big difference.