Prescision Strike Fix

Prescision Strike Fix

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

So I know anet probably wont read this but whatever.. might as well hope right?

So Precision Strike at this point is very very buggy. When they reduced the dps on auto (which was needed a bit) they moved it to skill 2 which just does not work well. Boxes/walls/invisible bugs/grass/trees/the sky…. yes it does enjoy targeting these….

Precision strike essentially hits 3 times in a 1/2 second window with a 4 second cd (assuming it hits). What I propose to do is change it to a melee skill similar to the warrior f1 skill flurry. Yes it wont be ranged but it will actually hit the enemy not boxes. Keep its same dps and chill ability, make it hit 6x instead of 3 but at half the damage. Also using flurry as the animation model makes it so you don’t have to make anything new. And wammo you have a new skill 2 which everyone will use. Ranged damage skills on a melee weapon are just… not a great idea. No offense.

If anyone has any other ideas on changing it please do tell, I enjoy hearing them.

Prescision Strike Fix

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Honestly, if they dont fix the skill and opt to redo it, my “fix” would be to make it a short ranged shadowstep or pull to/on a target and striking them with a single powerful stab that inflicts a decent chill duration.

That seems to fall closer in line with the idea of Sword “singling out targets” than a projectile. Would also likely work well with Shiro/Axe OH jumps to help with staying on a target, too.

Prescision Strike Fix

in Revenant

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

add some aoe explosions on it

Prescision Strike Fix

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I’ve been thinking and I really like the idea Euthymias for another gap closer, but there is nowhere else to put rev damage except auto. But maybe if you mix the two together.

Make sword 2 be a leap to target that immediately does a flurry attack that chills. That way it would still work well in singling out people and yet be dps skill.

Prescision Strike Fix

in Revenant

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

it just needs to actually hit the enemies instead of the floor idd. it even hits the roof off the building in kylo