Problems with Power-Revenant in PvP & PvE

in Revenant

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I’ve desperately tried to make a shiro / jalis combo work in PvP, With devastation, invocation & retribution traitlines being picked. I tried with several rune/sigil combos, paired with maraude, berserker, knight & even soldier stats. I tried with s/s + hammer & s/a + hammer. Here’s what I’ve encountered so far with it:

- Even tho malyx allows for reasonable resistance uptime and awesome condi-control, all other legends lack condi-clears, making any encounter with condition-specs extremely frustrating. In my setup, I only had 1 condi-clear on legend swap & 3 condis cleared every 30sec with the jalis heal.

- While engaging into melee combat is rather easy due to axe #4 & shiros teleport, disengaging is almost impossible, especially because of high energy-costs on shiros evade & impossible oods, hammer #3 placing you back on the beginning of your leap, and hammer #5+ static road having high energy-costs as well. Once you are in melee you stay there until you or your opponent is in downstate.

- sword #3 kills you way faster than your opponents, since you have no direct control into what melee-aoe it will port you, eats up all melee-cleave dmg, and has no mechanic to compensate you for that. To make this skill work it should be an evade, or instantly blind every target you strike for a brief time.

- shiros heals is bugged. It appears to have an internal cd, only proccing its charges every 1 or 2 seconds, therefore killing you pretty fast, especially since it forces you to attack in order to heal.

- since jalis’ heal is your only condi-clear option (unless you pick the trait on legend-swap), 30sec is way to long for it. In general heals on revenant are on way too long cd’s. Options to fix that would be to reduce the cd’s drastically (90%) and give them appropriate energy-costs (35 or higher), just as the rest of the class is designed to work. Yes, I know ventari is your intended legend for healing output, but keep in mind that other legends must be at least self-sustaining as well.

- Axe #5 can be side-stepped easily on any range, a clear indicator that its field is too narrow for PvP. Either hasten the animation to trigger faster, or widen the impact area.

Last but not least, a comment its raw dmg output:
While it’s kinda okayish for PvP, in PvE it will always be laughed on since it doesn’t brings “valuable” group support, other than the 150 ferocity, and lacks a great deal of dmg-modification-traits & cd-reduction-traits. Currently the revenant could get 300 ferocity (+20% crit-dmg) and another 20% crit-dmg on targets below 50% (roughly 10% overall for boss-encounters), and 2×7% from minor traits leaving him with effectively 44% more dmg, given that he maxes out his crit-chance to 100% like other classes do. And since the auto-attack chain is partly a piercing projectile, loosing a great deal of dps against walls & obstructions, not even their vulnerability-stacking will make them remotely viable in dungeon-runs. The biggest issue is simply their lack of frequent high hitting attacks.
Even Hammer has viable dmg (compared with other classes’ ranged options) on max range on skill #2 & 3, but while double-sword attacks very fast, its hits are very weak. Skill number 3 was hitting 7 times with 1.2k each, leaving it with roughly 8.4k, on a 15sec cd, and that already is the highest dps skill on this weapon-set…

Currently the shiro “dps-spec” for dungeons is a dead horse, and needs a big dmg buff. Yes, we heard often enough that the coming CGC will make support classes more viable, but appart from jalis (projectile block & dmg-reduction) & ventari (projectile block & healing), there is not much support going on either, especially not if you consider what other classes bring to the table in terms of direct, dmg-preventing / negating support, while still bringing high dps-specs.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

in Revenant

Posted by: SuinegTsol.1729

SuinegTsol.1729

subscribe all
you realy feel crippled with those high energy consumption fromm odds/hammer, so you can’t even use other utility/weopon skills than heal

in Revenant

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

I tried a build with lifeleech and selfheal procs in pvp with soldiar stats it worked pretty good execpt if you find a enemy that throws condis at you you will endup melting. Not few times I had numbers in death list like 40-70k burning dmg, or 20k confu + 20k torment. With those little condiremoves the rev has on builds without malix you will always have to run away if you see condis flieing around.
For disengage I was surprised how many times I just swaped back to shiro and started to run away with Impossible Odds workes quite good.