Proposed Buffs

Proposed Buffs

in Revenant

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

-Increase damage and healing of Equilibrium by 30%
-Change cleansing channel to clear 2 or 3 condis instead of 1.
-Add effect to Swift Termination trait. Sword attacks to targets below 50% hp remove a boon.

(edited by JayAction.9056)

Proposed Buffs

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Equilibrium doesn’t need a damage buff, the heal might be an option, but the damage is fine.

Make the cast time lower on staff 4 and we’ll be getting somewhere, but until Cruel Repercussion is changed, I don’t see this trait being used much more unless it’s needed -that- bad.

No, please, no more weapon traits for ones that already have them, especially when you look at how strong Viscous Lacerations is. A hammer, axe and mace trait need to be added first.

(edited by CutesySylveon.8290)

Proposed Buffs

in Revenant

JayAction.9056

These buffs are from a pvp standpoint. Making rev more pvp viable.

The equilibrium change is to give rev some of its burst back. It has no burst at the moment. You lose dps when not using auto attack in near all scenarios

The cast time on staff 4 is non issue. It’s quite easy to get it off near 100% of the time even in top pvp. If it needs a buff anywhere, it’s to the potency.

Cruel repercussion is a pve skill.

Hammer will never work in a real pvp build unless its damage is increased dramatically, cast times are lowered, and the weapon gains some defense other than the short rooting evade. Even when COR was on 2 second CD and could land multiple times, hammer was not a strong weapon. It’s strictly a “fun” pve/wvw plaything.

Mace and Axe also need some extreme functionality changes to ever be considered in a pvp build. They are lost causes. Mace lands almost as few attacks as hammer.

Proposed Buffs

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

The equilibrium change is to give rev some of its burst back. It has no burst at the moment. You lose dps when not using auto attack in near all scenarios

The cast time on staff 4 is non issue. It’s quite easy to get it off near 100% of the time even in top pvp. If it needs a buff anywhere, it’s to the potency.

Hammer will never work in a real pvp build unless its damage is increased dramatically, cast times are lowered, and the weapon gains some defense other than the short rooting evade. Even when COR was on 2 second CD and could land multiple times, hammer was not a strong weapon. It’s strictly a “fun” pve/wvw plaything.

Mace and Axe also need some extreme functionality changes to ever be considered in a pvp build. They are lost causes. Mace lands almost as few attacks as hammer.

If we want more burst potential in rev, then I’d direct it to other places than Equilibrium. iirc, this trait hasn’t been nerfed at all or in a while and is still strong in its current state. I say move burst to other places because all this buff would do is push even more towards Deva, Invo & Herald, which is getting really old.

Cruel Repercussion is a lazy excuse for a trait that goes on the list of many others I hate and want gone, but it is still very usable in PvP settings if you pay attention to when it’s available.

Most of us agree hammer is bad and needs a rework.

Mace and axe could also use changes, but I don’t see them coming soon,and I’d want the hammer one first since it’s the only ranged option.

Proposed Buffs

in Revenant

JayAction.9056

If we want more burst potential in rev, then I’d direct it to other places than Equilibrium. iirc, this trait hasn’t been nerfed at all or in a while and is still strong in its current state. I say move burst to other places because all this buff would do is push even more towards Deva, Invo & Herald, which is getting really old.

Cruel Repercussion is a lazy excuse for a trait that goes on the list of many others I hate and want gone, but it is still very usable in PvP settings if you pay attention to when it’s available.

Most of us agree hammer is bad and needs a rework.

Mace and axe could also use changes, but I don’t see them coming soon,and I’d want the hammer one first since it’s the only ranged option.

Rev has no burst. What skill would be greatly benefiting from cruel repercussion if you could skillfully sync it with something? Nothing.

Besides, taking cruel repercussion over the alternative means you will be hard countered by everything. Even classes not spec’d to do condi damage will do a drastic amount of condi damage to you and cc you. Cruel repercussion is a pve skill.

Timing equilibrium with other skills is generally the best way to score kills before a target is healed back to full hp at the moment.

Proposed Buffs

in Revenant

JayAction.9056

Cruel repercussion is/was for back line hammer builds prior to the COR nerf and when skills in general did up to 3 times more damage in some cases (staff #5).

It’s probably not even smart to run it in a pve build anymore tbh since the coefficients on all attacks are much lower.

Proposed Buffs

in Revenant

JayAction.9056

As the season progresses it’s obvious revs weakness to condi should no longer be there.

Quite a few classes can kill rev in two attacks just because the access to condi clear is so lacking. It leads to honestly having to play perfectly or quite literally die to a single attack.

Proposed Buffs

in Revenant

JayAction.9056

Bump

I think some other nerfs being reversed or made less drastic on top of these changes wouldn’t be too unreasonable given the current state of the class.

Proposed Buffs

in Revenant

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Now that revs damage isn’t absurd anymore imo they should try out slightly readjusting the energy costs and cd times of healing/utility skills across all the legends. Later they could revisit the trait lines because atm corruption retribution and salvation are beyond underwhelming in a spvp setting