Proposed change to OH Sword 5

in Revenant

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Edit: changing because it felt too similar to Phase Transversal.

The skill is now a two-part skill. The first part slices a rift in the air for 4 seconds. This rift is an outgoing portal meaning you cone out of it but you can’t go inside it. It’s like a one-way mesmer portal. The second part of the skill is a stab. The stab displaces your enemy and teleports them to the portal you initially put down (the rift).

The stab can’t cleave. It works on one enemy, and when an enemy is teleported, the portal closes.

There are only 4 seconds to make your stab, so you must do it quickly. The skill retains that situational feel to the current pull, but the reward is a lot greater.

In PvE enemies with breakbars are not teleported, but their breakbars are lessened instead. Smaller enemies ARE teleported.

A good combo would be Skill 5 -> Phase Traversal to target -> stab. This would especially be useful in PvP and decapping.

The energy cost for dropping a rift portal is 30, and the stab is 10. CD is about 30 seconds.

Sounds OP, but is weighed down by short portal time, CD and energy costs, as well as landing the stab in the first place. You’ll only have like 1 or 2 shots and it’s wasted potential.

Sounds like a “pro” skill to pull off, but harnesses great reward for doing so.

(edited by Abelisk.4527)

in Revenant

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

A good combo would be Skill 5 -> Phase Traversal to target -> stab. This would especially be useful in PvP and decapping.

Wouldn’t that mean your foe is teleported behind you while you yourself stay where you PT’d to? Wass that intentional, and would stab prevent this?

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Revenant

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

They could just increase the range to say 600 or 450 make it unblockable, and boom Sw OH would be plenty viable

in Revenant

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

They could just increase the range to say 600 or 450 make it unblockable, and boom Sw OH would be plenty viable

Personally I alrdy favor OH Sword over Shield. I prefer mobile blocking.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Revenant

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Personally I alrdy favor OH Sword over Shield. I prefer mobile blocking.

I prefer it as well but the fact that Sw 5 almost always misses and the fact that Shield has some pretty decent Healing it will almost always be the go to pick.

The only viable way to make Sw OH a strong pick with out being too OP would be something like my suggestion.

in Revenant

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Wouldn’t that mean your foe is teleported behind you while you yourself stay where you PT’d to? Wass that intentional, and would stab prevent this?

That’s intentional. You pretty much swap spots with the enemy.