Pulsating Pestlience or Diabolic Inferno

in Revenant

Posted by: Shinun.8326

Shinun.8326

Which is better for a Condi Rev in PvE if one is swapping legends every 10 seconds and activating an elite once every 20 seconds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Pulsating Pestilence assumes you have conditions on you to copy over which can be rare or you might not have the right conditions on you while Diabolic Inferno just needs you to use an elite and Mallyx’s happens to be one you want to be in for extra damage in PvE.

So, for PvE, take Diabolic Inferno (also, it has a 10s ICD, not 20s).

in Revenant

Shinun.8326

it has a 10s ICD but I’d only be getting it once every 20 sec with my rotation since I’m constantly swapping between Glint/Mallyx every 10 seconds and not using Glint’s Elite

in Revenant

Posted by: xBlack.4897

xBlack.4897

The real question is, why are you using a condition build for pve in first place ?

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

The real question is, why are you using a condition build for pve in first place ?

Maybe a Viper build is viable, but people then should know that PvE is all about dmg, so you go for dem burns.

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

Maybe a Viper build is viable, but people then should know that PvE is all about dmg, so you go for dem burns.

From what I remember, Condi Rev is among one of the worst condi builds in the game for PvE.

Condi PS Warr has better support than Revenant as a whole and higher DPS.
Condi Engi/Ranger both have way higher DPS.
Even Condi Reaper has quite a lot more DPS, even ignoring chill fields.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

From what I remember, Condi Rev is among one of the worst condi builds in the game for PvE.

Condi PS Warr has better support than Revenant as a whole and higher DPS.
Condi Engi/Ranger both have way higher DPS.
Even Condi Reaper has quite a lot more DPS, even ignoring chill fields.

Well you can still do some damage and kill random mobs. But yes, its a waste of gold.

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

For PvE Diabolic Inferno hands down. You want to stack burning.

in Revenant

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Isn’t Diabolic Inferno just a weaker, more costly version of Ring of Fire? Even if you focused on burning, it seems to me like even elementalist and guardian have stronger condi builds.

in Revenant

Shinun.8326

Condi Rev is just something to do outside of my normal Minstrel Rev.

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

Isn’t Diabolic Inferno just a weaker, more costly version of Ring of Fire? Even if you focused on burning, it seems to me like even elementalist and guardian have stronger condi builds.

They do.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Definitely agree with those saying go for Diabolic Inferno. Maybe Anet will introduce some future PvE content where the other is routinely better but until they do, go for the burning.

Presumably because they find it fun.