[PvE] Rerolled to warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

Hello fellow revenants. After more than a month of reve play, I finally started playing something else. I sure hope I’m not the one feeling this, but revenant is…boring as hell. And of course, I’m talking about our strong power herald.

With a full rotation, meaning facets>UA>swap to shiro> quickness buff till energy over> repeat till X is dead, roughly 95% of our attack time(counting out UA, the strong Elemental Blast and MAYBE axe skills if breakbar is needed) is spent auto attacking with sword. Which makes it incredible boring.

Yeh, yeh, I know, I’m the guy complaining about a class having 100% uptime on most boons while heaving t2 health, heavy armor and around 20k dps(i’m getting to 19k in my full rotation, not backpack yet).

Would calling for nerfs on sword auto attacks and improving our Sword2 skill be reasonable? I’m complaining because what rev has doesn’t seem like a rotation, it seems like doing the best you can in order to have the most boons for you and your auto attacks. Or, the other reasonable thing to do would buffing other parts of rev, since no other reve build comes close to the damage+ utility that a power herald brings.

Also, it’s little to no challenge in group content with Mesmer. Why? Cuz alacrity is useless on us. All other classes(except thief- but again, I did say classes not junk) benefit from it, and some players enjoy the new challenge, as in “managing our way faster cooldowns to do the best we can”. I’d like hearing opinions

TL;DR reve is boring, rerolled to a condi war
Edited cuz paragraphing was horrible

(edited by Raizen.7981)

in Revenant

Posted by: xXBurningEmberXx.6085

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

I mean… warrior is also boring as he’ll if you’re gonna go down that route… warrior is just 100b on cd, berserk mode on cd, and whirlwind on cd…

in Revenant

Posted by: Acratin.3910

Acratin.3910

I’m sorry, but I have to disagree. Though I do use sword a lot, skill 3 is well worth using and increases might drastically. Using the facets properly lets you use those attacks from them while still holding the buffs during that time. Axe can add torment and chill. Mace torments, poisons, burns, and adds might. Sword vulnerability is nice, but you get a short lived 20 stacks from using the might facet.

There is a rotation, definitely.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

It may be boring for you, but not for me. I love it exactly as is. Not everyone wants an engineer-like skill rotation and the beauty of Revenant is that the strong autoattack allows you to make defensive choices like offhand shield without killing DPS. Fortunately, for those that don’t like depending on auto-attacks as much, there are other options out there.

I vastly prefer having a variety of abilities to fit different situations versus ones I have to use to do damage, and that’s exactly what the Revenant brings.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

If ur asking for complexity then warr isnt really any better. Both rev n warr have their cds to time, so since warr was used as an example ill have to disagree.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

If ur asking for complexity then warr isnt really any better. Both rev n warr have their cds to time, so since warr was used as an example ill have to disagree.

This. Warrior doesnt feel much better. It’s usually just: Hundred Blades, Whirlwind Attack, Auto Attack till HB is off cd, repeat. At least if you want to keep might going for your party.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

If you really want complex, roll a chrono or a thief I guess? I mained warrior since a couple months after launch and it’s basically as faceroll as you get. I’d argue it’s less complex than rev since, at best with a warrior you’re just switching weapons (sometimes) to blow the high value CD’s and using the occasionally signet or your burst skill. Rev at least requires legend swapping to run down your energy as well as weapon swapping for breakbars and the like. As a warrior you’ll just have less buffs going to your party (but more might), less CC to chew through a breakbar, and less ranged damage if you need to toss on a longbow for a non-melee fight (longbow<rev hammer by far).

But hey, you spend the money, play how you want to play.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I actually came here to make this exact post. I HATED berserker during BWE2, BWE3, and HoT launch. hate hate hated it. I fell in love with warrior after about 2 years post launch, and for the past year its all ive really played. In comes rev, and I preferred herald to Berserker in every way possible (dont like regular rev… yet, still waiting for condi to not be mega bad).

I made a viper set for my berserker, hated it. Tried torch, hated it. sword? hated it. Power builds, I died (in pve!) nonstop, HATED IT!

for SOME reason last week I gave it one last go and I enjoyed playing power. I think maybe its because war was first class I used in HoT and just wasnt used to things, I dunno, but it clicked. THEN I tried condi warrior and it is now my fav spec by far.

Not that I dislike Herald, but I DO feel the AA/shield 5? glint heal combo is just so powerful in all games modes that something is going to change… and it bothers me that I can see it coming. I understand why people find Rev boring, I personally dont, but I think after a few months I could def see it creeping up on me. If I swapped between more legends I would disagree with you strongly, but, no.

I think (again, pve, pvp is complete diff story) Zerker and Herald are both in amazing spots.

PVP berserker is garbage, and I hate every class in pvp that isnt necro <3

in Revenant

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

I’m sorry, but I have to disagree. Though I do use sword a lot, skill 3 is well worth using and increases might drastically. Using the facets properly lets you use those attacks from them while still holding the buffs during that time. Axe can add torment and chill. Mace torments, poisons, burns, and adds might. Sword vulnerability is nice, but you get a short lived 20 stacks from using the might facet.

If you are proccing facets (thus putting them on CD), you are killing your dps.

Vertor et revertor.

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

Say you do move the damage to sword 2. how does that make the gameplay anymore engaging/fun, you’re only pressing an extra button, no, the problem with Revenant is that it’s entire kit is braindead and un-engaging, whether it be PvP, PvE or WvW, and the only reason for it is Herald offering the most passive game-play this game has up to date and offering little-risk high-reward gameplay and Shrio with its on-demand quickness. Honestly, the other legends NEED A REASON to be chosen over Shiro/Glint, I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t even be seeing Mallyx at all if it weren’t for the fact that choosing him is essentially like taking Condi-Cleanse and people’s play style leaning towards playing Condi.

Ventari is lackluster and clunky even after the fixes and offers nothing to a team (Yay, I can heal…that’s it) unless you switch legends (Glint no doubt) but if you’re switching, you now have 0 healing. No doubt, boons are useful, but more often than not, people are asking me why I didn’t have my tablet out to heal them even when I was handing out boons like Candy and then even question if you’re actually even needed in a raid. This guy desperately needs some love, heck, making it so that people standing near the tablet get extended boon-duration or a damage reduction. It totally fits with Ventari’s theme of pacifism and would be enough for it to make a difference and make it feel more engaging than what we currently got.

Jalis isn’t tanky, It tries to be while but fails at it, instead of being given tanky skills, we’re given 2 control skills, and 2 tank skills where 1 doesn’t make much of a difference. RotGD Doesn’t last long enough to make a lasting difference in a fight and the hammers are probably the only well designed skill in the entire kit. The Road doesn’t pulse stability fast enough and doesn’t build fast enough either, and even feels so meh to use, I really fill like this skill should be doing more, maybe more damage reduction. and the taunt chain skill is just so laughable, like what? A 2 second taunt? that’s pitiful, has virtually no effect on content that matter (besides breaking bars) and honestly, I don’t find myself using it often unless I’m interrupting an opponent (which always ends up feeling like a waste of energy)

Mallyx had such a great design in that you risked taking a lot of condi’s and potentially dying, but were rewarded for manipulating them back at the opponent, it had to be the most fun and engaging gameplay this profession had to offer and they went and just re-did it to play exactly like every other condi build out there and the reasoning for removing it was so stupid and easily avoidable.

What we’re left with is the two most un-engaging legends

Shiro boils down to pressing Impossible odds and maybe healing for a little extra damage in PvE and in PvP, you only ever use the stunbreak and heal, using IO is a death sentence and only ever used for stomping. Heck, Shiro used to be more fun and engaging when you could just relentlessly chase an opponent (Which was central to Shiro’s theme ) but they just went ahead and added a cooldown (I thought the consensus was Revs have no Cooldowns and only energy, why not just nerf the energy cost?)

And Glint which is literally just to Activate your Facets and auto-attack, maybe activate them for extra dmg (Speed Facet) or stunbreak (Fury Facet). This is universal across all game-modes, and heck, it’s effective, why is something this easy to play so rewarding? I honestly feel bad when fighting on point or being in skirmishes with others cause I know they’re working so much harder than I am for less reward.

Sorry for making this so long but here’s a TL;DR
Other legends need to be more interesting and engaging, at least for what they’re advertised to offer. Glint/Shiro need more risk for the reward they give, as currently, they dominate, being one of the highest DPS builds out there (with the very very VERY hard rotation of pressing 1 /s) and need more interesting play.

in Revenant

Azure.8670

Say you do move the damage to sword 2. how does that make the gameplay anymore engaging/fun, you’re only pressing an extra button, no, the problem with Revenant is that it’s entire kit is braindead and un-engaging, whether it be PvP, PvE or WvW, and the only reason for it is Herald offering the most passive game-play this game has up to date and offering little-risk high-reward gameplay and Shrio with its on-demand quickness. Honestly, the other legends NEED A REASON to be chosen over Shiro/Glint, I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t even be seeing Mallyx at all if it weren’t for the fact that choosing him is essentially like taking Condi-Cleanse and people’s play style leaning towards playing Condi.

Ventari is lackluster and clunky even after the fixes and offers nothing to a team (Yay, I can heal…that’s it) unless you switch legends (Glint no doubt) but if you’re switching, you now have 0 healing. No doubt, boons are useful, but more often than not, people are asking me why I didn’t have my tablet out to heal them even when I was handing out boons like Candy and then even question if you’re actually even needed in a raid. This guy desperately needs some love, heck, making it so that people standing near the tablet get extended boon-duration or a damage reduction. It totally fits with Ventari’s theme of pacifism and would be enough for it to make a difference and make it feel more engaging than what we currently got.

Jalis isn’t tanky, It tries to be while but fails at it, instead of being given tanky skills, we’re given 2 control skills, and 2 tank skills where 1 doesn’t make much of a difference. RotGD Doesn’t last long enough to make a lasting difference in a fight and the hammers are probably the only well designed skill in the entire kit. The Road doesn’t pulse stability fast enough and doesn’t build fast enough either, and even feels so meh to use, I really fill like this skill should be doing more, maybe more damage reduction. and the taunt chain skill is just so laughable, like what? A 2 second taunt? that’s pitiful, has virtually no effect on content that matter (besides breaking bars) and honestly, I don’t find myself using it often unless I’m interrupting an opponent (which always ends up feeling like a waste of energy)

Mallyx had such a great design in that you risked taking a lot of condi’s and potentially dying, but were rewarded for manipulating them back at the opponent, it had to be the most fun and engaging gameplay this profession had to offer and they went and just re-did it to play exactly like every other condi build out there and the reasoning for removing it was so stupid and easily avoidable.

What we’re left with is the two most un-engaging legends

Shiro boils down to pressing Impossible odds and maybe healing for a little extra damage in PvE and in PvP, you only ever use the stunbreak and heal, using IO is a death sentence and only ever used for stomping. Heck, Shiro used to be more fun and engaging when you could just relentlessly chase an opponent (Which was central to Shiro’s theme ) but they just went ahead and added a cooldown (I thought the consensus was Revs have no Cooldowns and only energy, why not just nerf the energy cost?)

And Glint which is literally just to Activate your Facets and auto-attack, maybe activate them for extra dmg (Speed Facet) or stunbreak (Fury Facet). This is universal across all game-modes, and heck, it’s effective, why is something this easy to play so rewarding? I honestly feel bad when fighting on point or being in skirmishes with others cause I know they’re working so much harder than I am for less reward.

Other legends need to be more interesting and engaging, at least for what they’re advertised to offer. Glint/Shiro need more risk for the reward they give, as currently, they dominate, being one of the highest DPS builds out there (with the very very VERY hard rotation of pressing 1 /s) and need more interesting play.

This post basically sums up how I feel about the Rev. I do love its design, and I acknowledge its supreme dps and boon stacking, but everything said here I agree with. Also standing near ventari tablet should stack peoples toughness passively for every second they are near it, or their healing power, or both

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

the problem with Revenant is that it’s entire kit is braindead and un-engaging

That’s a matter of opinion. For me, it is the exact opposite, because I can choose when to use skills to fit the situation instead of having to use things on cooldown to deal damage. Good thing there are a variety of professions to suit us both.

in Revenant

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

For me the warrior is still easier and more rewarding with less risk in PvE, that 100b DPS and as long as both have 25 stacks of might Rev DPS is still not the highest. Hell if I wanted to speedclear Dungoens for the fastest time ever, Revenant would not be a class I would use

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

LOL….if you think Rev is braindead i really cant comprehend why you are switching to War. I have both and War is the most braindead class there is.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Revenant

Posted by: Arngrim.9274

Arngrim.9274

OP may be switching to Condi warrior. Which has insane dps and a more fun skill rotation than PS warr.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Not if your doing the rotation correctly, popping the facets give you more dps, if you pop facets then use UA and immediately swap to shiro while mid UA pop enchanted daggers and against all odds and auto attack, by the time you run out of energy your facets will be off cooldown when you swap back to glint

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

PvE war isnt any more fun with zerker, unless you talking about burn war, that can be more fun then DPS rev.

in Revenant

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

the DH complaining makes my day xD

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Well, boring or not is subjective.

Tbh, I like how almost 90% of Rev defenses come from active defense, like using skills on correct moment to evade/block/convert damage.

It’s not an easy-mode like pet-class (namely MM Necro and Ranger), but it also rewards good game-play.

Warrior, to me, is a class that depend mostly on passive defenses, like auto-proc endure pain, auto-proc stability, healing signet, etc.
So to me, Warrior is the more boring class.
Also, Rev actually need to click way more bottoms than Warriors due to constantly swapping between stances.

I don’t really know how you’re playing, but I think Revenant is more fun to play.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zerikin.1593

Zerikin.1593

Your think rev is boring and you are switching to warrior? Uhh…

I switched to rev because warrior is boring. You set a few utiliies and never change them out or think much about when to use them (FGJ, banners, stun break, signet, etc.) Most all of them are used on cool down in PvE without any thought involved. If you want something more complex avoid warrior, its even worse.

in Revenant

Azure.8670

For me the warrior is still easier and more rewarding with less risk in PvE, that 100b DPS and as long as both have 25 stacks of might Rev DPS is still not the highest. Hell if I wanted to speedclear Dungoens for the fastest time ever, Revenant would not be a class I would use

Rev auto attack is stronger than anything a dps warrior can dish out.

1 for win

in Revenant

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

If the OP is happier with his new condi Warrior then I guess he’s doing what’s right for him or her. I don’t necessarily agree that it’s a boring class, but I WOULD say it’s meta is very simple to play.

If the OP wants seriously complex play in PvE, I’d suggest Chronomancer. Managing the. Wells, shatters, Alarcity uptime, as well as reflects, blur, phantasms, etc. make for a seriously complex and intricate playstyle. Personally, I like to keep dual swords, sword/shield, the healing well, two utility wells, Mimic, and Time Warp when I’m with teams. Mimic on a 66% reduced recharge is a very useful thing to keep around.

in Revenant

Posted by: NeoJerod.8104

NeoJerod.8104

Yeh, yeh, I know, I’m the guy complaining about a class having 100% uptime on most boons while heaving t2 health, heavy armor and around 20k dps(i’m getting to 19k in my full rotation, not backpack yet).

Where oh where did you find a DPS meter to get these numbers?

in Revenant

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

CUT

Totally agree with this, i’ve rolled revenant with full ascended and 100% map exploration but i’m not sure if i’m going to keep playing it.
Right now i’m playing tempest D/F and it feels more dynamic and fun.

norn warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I do not at all mind you switching to a warrior, as part of the game is to play multiple professions. However you should of posted this in the Warrior forum. By posting it here you are basically trolling us by giving the middle finger and claiming peace out kittenes.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

It’s not a secret that Rev is grossly overperforming – which honestly is fairly normal, being the new class of a new MMO expansion. WoW’s Death Knight is a perfect example for that.

It will dominate for a while, and once the HoT sales slow down it will be nerfed and a good chunk of fotm rerollers will leave it for whatever class or specialization is doing best – or simply go back to their original class.

It’s perfectly fine to drop it and play something else if you don’t like being treated like the special kid – I’d suggest picking it up again once the class gets some extra development time and some much needed balance.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

in Revenant

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Grossly over performing? Or maybe a ton of other things on core professions are underperforming from 3 years of neglect?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Revenant

Azure.8670

Grossly over performing? Or maybe a ton of other things on core professions are underperforming from 3 years of neglect?

core rev is underperforming so no

in Revenant

Posted by: caerulean.4837

caerulean.4837

I wish I didn’t but I have to agree with the OP, rev was awesome on paper but after the first week of the expansion the novelty wore off and I realized how boring this profession actually is.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

I’m glad you guys found a class that suited you better. Personally I’m enjoying the Rev. Good damage, decent ranged option and I buff the team without a need to play the piano, which, some find very very fun but not me.

in Revenant

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I do feel that weapon skills shouldn’t consume energy because it just restricts skill usage too much as it is.

The sword autoattack does also feel a tad too strong but I do think that’s a product of it being the only skill you have that doesn’t consume energy, so it kind of substitutes for the rotations of other classes.

As for whether it’s a boring class, I’m kind of used to auto attack spammers in GW2 PvE. The game as a whole isn’t exactly known for complexity in PvE.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The thing that differs good DPS Herald from bad DPS Herald is that first is capable of focusing on supporting while doing dps and second is capable of just doing DPS.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Warr were braindead easy to play over a year ago. With each nerf it became harder to play since to win you had to adjust and learn how other class fought. I remember learning the hard way how to fight a mesmer pre mantra nerf. As of right now some class are too powerful and even the best warrior players will have hard time again those Op classes played by average players.

Rev is a low risk class. It’s great for new player and warrior are such in a bad spot that to win you have to play perfectly. I really liked how warrior played.

I tried revenant and it was boring for me, then I tried to play my warrior but it was way too frustrating. On the bright side great games were releasing. I stopped playing GW2 and gave me the time to finish Witcher3, Fallout4 and just got back into Bloodborne PvP.

Heiann – NSP

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

In PvE the rotation is pretty much just Auto attack on sword and hop between Shiro for the Quickness and Malyx for the elite, anything else is a DPS loss lmao.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

I’m glad you guys found a class that suited you better. Personally I’m enjoying the Rev. Good damage, decent ranged option and I buff the team without a need to play the piano, which, some find very very fun but not me.

Couldn’t agree more.

in Revenant

Posted by: Acratin.3910

Acratin.3910

Not if your doing the rotation correctly, popping the facets give you more dps, if you pop facets then use UA and immediately swap to shiro while mid UA pop enchanted daggers and against all odds and auto attack, by the time you run out of energy your facets will be off cooldown when you swap back to glint

There’s also the fact that I -never- let my buffs run out. With a boost to boon time (and occasional support from facet of nature, and the proc) I have no trouble keeping the buffs up, even with the cooldowns.

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

the problem with Revenant is that it’s entire kit is braindead and un-engaging

That’s a matter of opinion. For me, it is the exact opposite, because I can choose when to use skills to fit the situation instead of having to use things on cooldown to deal damage. Good thing there are a variety of professions to suit us both.

How about reading the post (At least the Glint+Shiro Section) Where I address that that’s how you have to play to be optimal, instead of making an irrelevant comment?