[PvE] Why should I chose Rev as my main?

in Revenant

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

No raid or top tier fractals.
I enjoy being of use to a pug or guild party.
What will I ‘bring’ to the table as Rev?

edit: keep it positive please.

(edited by rogerwilko.6895)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

it’s cool.
And I personally find it very fun to play.

in Revenant

Posted by: JMaarse.7086

JMaarse.7086

If you don’t care about doing a lot of damage it is the most fun class to play in my opinion.
As to what you bring to the table: nothing other classes can’t do as well or better, but if you’re not raiding or speedrunning or doing 100CM then who cares right?
You can give permanent fury, swiftness, protection and some might, plus 15% crit damage bonus to your party. You can also provide a lot of projectile deflection, but at the cost of personal dps.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Very low self-esteem, leading you to believe that you don’t deserve to have any fun?

Maybe there’s some other reason, but I’m a bit stumped as to what it might be at this point.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Revenant

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

If you like running PUGs, then either develop a thick skin or only run builds from metabattle.com. Other than that, do whatever you like so long as you’re having fun. Life is too short to care about the meta.

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Ya know what? In spite of all the doom and gloom with Renegade and how terribad it is going to be I am going to stick it out.
Why? Because its a fun class to play, period. And that’s what it all boils down to really, is it fun?
Yea, I may have to jump back onto my cPS if I wanna do raids but meh, overall I am sticking with Revenant and let the chips fall.

in Revenant

Posted by: jmoak.7821

jmoak.7821

if you only care about being best at something the game has only 4 classes for you and revenant is not one of them

Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer
Aurora Glade (Fun)

in Revenant

Posted by: Celldrax.2849

Celldrax.2849

Rev suits my playstyle and I enjoy using it.

My build isn’t even meta. Though a lot of that would come down to being a solo player who just does PvE.

I think I found a decent balance though, so works for my needs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

if you only care about being best at something the game has only 4 classes for you and revenant is not one of them

Good thing that’s not why I play games then.

in Revenant

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

#1: The power spec is really capable of carrying pugs. It spreads good boons easily, has simple rotations, and the amount of blocks and self sustains the rev has lets it take a lot of damage even in glass cannon gear.

#2: The condi build, while not the top of the DPS crowd, is more than serviceable in that role. The main advantage to the condi build is ease of use. It easily hits in AoEs, it has a relatively low ramp up time, it worries very little about enemies leaving damage fields, and it also stacks a lot of might.

#3: Ventari has one of the longest lasting and easiest to use projectile reflects in the game.

#4: The healing spec is the only reliable source of alacrity outside of chronomancer.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Revenant

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

The nice thing about Rev is you can spec for many different types of niches. Fantastic mobility, direct dmg with built in evades, great healing tank, passive support, decent condi mitigation for yourself and group, decent condi build that really isnt that far off from other classes and decent CC. Yes you might not be BEST at anyone thing but you can certainly fill in the gaps. You can also be very self reliant for when you are solo. I have always found Herald to be great in PUG runs. When PoF hits, renegade is going to be nice for damage and/or tanking but at the loss of boon share…but if people dont need rev for boon share in organized groups than this could help renegade hit some new heights. At least I was pleasantly surprised by the dmg power renegade was delivering.

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

If all you care about are Dungeons/Low Level Fractals, Rev’s actually a really strong choice… This is the type of content where like the single most important things are boons, power res’ing, cleaving hard in a power spec, and destroying breakbars fast. All of which Rev’s actually really good at.

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

At the moment you either find it funner than other classes or there isn’t a reason to chose it. Renegade will probably make it pretty strong dps in raids thanks to Kalla’s Fervor.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

It’s fun to play. If you don’t find it fun, there is no reason, unless you are masochistic and enjoy being nerfed every patch

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

You have strong mobility outside combat (Shiro, Mallyx, Glint) and broad access to quickness (Impossible Odds) so is one of the finest classes for mining and gathering stuff (which happens to be one of the most profitable activities in the game). That provides you advantage in the never ending task of stack gold, which is one of the key spects of Fahion Wars.

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If all you care about are Dungeons/Low Level Fractals, Rev’s actually a really strong choice… This is the type of content where like the single most important things are boons, power res’ing, cleaving hard in a power spec, and destroying breakbars fast. All of which Rev’s actually really good at.

Ya I love playing hammer/staff glint/Shiro in this type of pve. It feels exciting to play.

in Revenant

Mercurias.1826

Ya I love playing hammer/staff glint/Shiro in this type of pve. It feels exciting to play.

Can confirm Shiro is fun with a staff or hammer. As my own Rev is played like a goody good, I let his combat style reflect it and usually go Ventari/Glint with Hammer and Staff (occasionally swapping out the hammer if I know I won’t need melee). I spray healing pellets everywhere, block all the things, and knock enemies all over the map in my Cleric gear. It’s a lot of fun running instances.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bogus.1598

Bogus.1598

As of late i have been reading a lot of negative comments about the revenant.
I agree with the energy stuff, u should start with 100% instead of 50% but alas.

The revenant is just a fun class! It has Cool weapon skills, teleport in axe, sword and a blast finisher and short cd fire field with mace, good methodes for cc and break bar removal.
Yes it has poor condi removal if u dont spec for ventari, but the class is just cool, the animations are cool, the weapon skills are cool.

Ive changed my main from a guardian to a Herald for that reason.
Guardian might be “better” but way more boring as well.
I rather be the underdog with wich i love the skills and playstyle, then be bored while playing.

Cheers

in Revenant

Mercurias.1826

I stridently disagree about starting with 100% energy. That would ruin the entire point of managing your resources, which is an important part of the class.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bogus.1598

Bogus.1598

U can start a fight with 100% energy, it gives u a little extra, maybe the extra a lot of people want….it doesnt change a thing about managing your resources, u just have more to start with…if u think its OP…then 75% could be a nice middle way….

If u start a work out, you dont start with 50% of your own energy, cause that would suggest u feel crap and should lay in bed, not work out… :P:P

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

U can start a fight with 100% energy, it gives u a little extra, maybe the extra a lot of people want….it doesnt change a thing about managing your resources, u just have more to start with…if u think its OP…then 75% could be a nice middle way….

If u start a work out, you dont start with 50% of your own energy, cause that would suggest u feel crap and should lay in bed, not work out… :P:P

necro should start with 100% life force, because you work out you dont start with 0 force

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

It is actually really kitten fun (don’t camp legends and then call it boring like most people do) and it’s actually really good for carrying people in PvE, one good example is T4s so dungeons and any other kind of PvE is already really good with revenant.

Definitely not useful for meta/speed runs in raids but outside of that it’s not bad so you should do pretty fine.

I’m mainly referring to power (Glint+Jalis/Shiro) which has way more utility than condi (Mallyx+Jalis).

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

Posted by: Cross Tobias.2680

Cross Tobias.2680

Well First up, Rev’s are one of the most fun to play classes out there.

They do very well as either direct damage, tank or condition damage they can also work as a healer. They have a wide variety of skills and the traits can offer some VERY powerful combos.

They’re great either as their own DPS and self survival is crazy! or as part of a group Heralds boon share is unparalleled. and with Ventari they can keep projectiles away form a bubble for a good 20 second son full energy (combine with a few traits you can have a bubble 100% of the time.

My advice, try it and you’ll make it your main yourself. tThey’re incredible fun

Mesmer by Nature – May Lyssa confound you!

in Revenant

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Recently revs scored a damage comeback (least condi wise). And Renegade will be awesome. Not as a standalone legend, but as a traitline that makes many new builds very possible.

Also condi renegade is gonna be serious damage – till now revs only had one single condi line – corruption, and that’s it. Now they’re getting a 2nd one and a new condi weapon, so already good damage is gonna get really good now.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

I’ve got 2000 plus hours on just Rev alone. Rev is my main class right now and I love it. I carry very hard in groups/ duo/ solo, and have almost perfected the play style.

One thing I like a lot is the very strong burst damage of the class and its very strong mobility. I mainly stick to using a power rev build utilizing shrio and herald. These two legends allow me to have a very aggressive play style where I can focus more on staying in the fight rather than retreating if I get too low.

I’ve found after lots of play time I deal very high damage as a rev in almost all encounters with almost no down time. All while being able to block, cc, blind, break stun, interrupt and dodge. If played at its highest level; Rev is a remarkable class in both pvp and pve. Although in pve I like to test myself by soloing group content or duoing them with a friend. PVP however is a different story. My advice; if you’re not playing Rev at its highest level, don’t play Rev in pvp. And if you are playing it at the highest level, then you should already know why this is true. At least in the current meta.

WvW is where Rev shines the most. In small groups or solo Rev has the full freedom to experiment with different builds and runes. Before they were taken out of Spvp, runes of durability were the go to runes for Rev and made them really powerful. These runes are fully useful in WvW. Their high damage weapons skills are also for the most part unnerfed in WvW compared to spvp, which means they have a better time at dealing very high damage while still surviving very well. In a zerg, Rev is meta. There hammer damage is insane high, and their aoe resistance buffs and boon uptime is amazing.

(edited by Dragon.8762)

in Revenant

Posted by: SaraGreen.2345

SaraGreen.2345

It may be fun to play but I do not see it getting a raid spot.

Which does make me sad I like ranged classes would love to play condi renegade if it could keep up.

So I feel like I’m forced into a Scourge or Deadeye this expansion.

(edited by SaraGreen.2345)

in Revenant

Posted by: Oneira.7691

Oneira.7691

I’ve got 2000 plus hours on just Rev alone. Rev is my main class right now and I love it. I carry very hard in groups/ duo/ solo, and have almost perfected the play style.

One thing I like a lot is the very strong burst damage of the class and its very strong mobility. I mainly stick to using a power rev build utilizing shrio and herald. These two legends allow me to have a very aggressive play style where I can focus more on staying in the fight rather than retreating if I get too low.

I’ve found after lots of play time I deal very high damage as a rev in almost all encounters with almost no down time. All while being able to block, cc, blind, break stun, interrupt and dodge. If played at its highest level; Rev is a remarkable class in both pvp and pve. Although in pve I like to test myself by soloing group content or duoing them with a friend. PVP however is a different story. My advice; if you’re not playing Rev at its highest level, don’t play Rev in pvp. And if you are playing it at the highest level, then you should already know why this is true. At least in the current meta.

WvW is where Rev shines the most. In small groups or solo Rev has the full freedom to experiment with different builds and runes. Before they were taken out of Spvp, runes of durability were the go to runes for Rev and made them really powerful. These runes are fully useful in WvW. Their high damage weapons skills are also for the most part unnerfed in WvW compared to spvp, which means they have a better time at dealing very high damage while still surviving very well. In a zerg, Rev is meta. There hammer damage is insane high, and their aoe resistance buffs and boon uptime is amazing.

I’m curious what sort of builds you run Dragon. I’m considering going back to Revenant with the new expansion after abandoning it for a long time. Be very interested in seeing your builds for dungeons/fractals, PvE and WvW.

in Revenant

Dragon.8762

It may be fun to play but I do not see it getting a raid spot.

Which does make me sad I like ranged classes would love to play condi renegade if it could keep up.

So I feel like I’m forced into a Scourge or Deadeye this expansion.

We’ll see, but I do believe the new spec could be a great party dps booster due to two different skills renegade brings to the table.

1. Razorclaw’s rage:
“Summon Centurion Has Razorclaw from the mists to enhance the attacks of your allies. This bleeding can only be inflicted once per interval.”

The interval is 1 second each and can be pulsed 10 times. Place this summon on 5 other players and you’d be seeing 50+ stacks of bleeds easy.

2. Soulcleave’s Summit:
“Summon Lieutenant Ofela Soulcleave to grant your allies strikes incredible bloodthirt, inflicting damage and restoring health. Lieutenant Soulcleave can only empower players.”

The life sipon scales with power, so maybe some vipers gear or viper/ berserker combo will equal to some where around 700+ more damage for the renegade. This is channeled, so it can only last as long as the renegade has energy.

If energy costs get brought down, renegade could be a welcome addition to a raid group, especially since these are unique buffs other classes don’t have. But I could be wrong.

in Revenant

Dragon.8762

I’m curious what sort of builds you run Dragon. I’m considering going back to Revenant with the new expansion after abandoning it for a long time. Be very interested in seeing your builds for dungeons/fractals, PvE and WvW.

This is my power build for regular pve: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXmnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFNFidMnpN2DMhNsdABoBA-jxCBABYp8rm9H44EAQxBCIgHAQFHQgKV/BkjAwZKBB4QAkn+i1BDATpMBmZmZakZmZmZmA-e

This is meta for WvW zergs: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnfN2gSuJvQRHlboskyPU4S5IKor8ElFNFqtAB4B2DMhNUNG34HA-jlCEQBOU5H82foNaI2oSQEcgASwDEAAHBgHcJAcnuA/p+TAgDgzPPzPPw5nf+5nfeff+5nf+5nf+5nfepAWdmG-w

For WvW roaming: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmn3guNSuQ7JRfoXlsR0qS4GaWJ4EdskFNFqdABIC2FMhNkdMnpNA-TVDFABVfIAY4IAswBCAJlIppPg99HuSJYGaIa7EAokyA9V/BgHAQSKt2MIA4//vJJJSBUuyI-w
(This isn’t my build, but I really like it)

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

It can help in any role needed. Power, condi, somewhat tanking (should improved though) and support.
I wouldnt choose it for its elite spec though. They have not much interaction with the core class.

Its an entertaining class, even if somewhat restricted it can be fulfill a lot of purposes and has basically 20skill on its deposal.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.