PvE open world REV build.

in Revenant

Posted by: Brimflamme.3587

Brimflamme.3587

Hey,
I just wanted some feedback for my build.
I was thinking of using this in Open world PvE and with some minor trait changes i think is fully viable in fractals and WvW aswell.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW8un3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlxe92rPNgDWgNpmmC-ThSBwAo0NERJ4iDCwN1fuqMAwTAAhpviK9ku/g+LAAA-e

Thanks in advance

(edited by Brimflamme.3587)

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

PvE wise, Corruption in fractals….? Unless you need a boon strip on higher levels but that’d be still not enough. Why runes of warrior too? It brings nothing on the table.
WvW wise, seems like ok build for blob fights (range group) but I’d never take anything like that for roaming, at least not with mallyx.

in Revenant

Posted by: Brimflamme.3587

Brimflamme.3587

The reason for mallyx is the resistance you get on all the abilities, so conditions are practically useless against you. The runes of warrior are simply there for a boost in vit so i have a little more hp and a little more power.

In fractals maeby switch out corruption for retribution.

in Revenant

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

The reason for mallyx is the resistance you get on all the abilities, so conditions are practically useless against you. The runes of warrior are simply there for a boost in vit so i have a little more hp and a little more power.

The better solution would rather be not facerolling all conditions and dodging attacks instead. Not to mention you’re still vulnerable to cc and boon strip/corruption. Try slotting sigil of cleansing into your stuff, that should help a bit too against conditions. (would still not recommend fighting good condi mesmers though, key word is good) As for the runes, most popular choice so far is either Durability (for boon stacking in blobs) or scholar which is also top PvE choice too.
Retribution? Why? Low lvl fractals maybe but on higher levels people would just start flaming you once they find out you’re using that traitline instead of Devastation. From revenant it’s expected to be DPS fury bot in most PvE content.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zerothian.8974

Zerothian.8974

The better solution would rather be not facerolling all conditions and dodging attacks instead. Not to mention you’re still vulnerable to cc and boon strip/corruption. Try slotting sigil of cleansing into your stuff, that should help a bit too against conditions. (would still not recommend fighting good condi mesmers though, key word is good) As for the runes, most popular choice so far is either Durability (for boon stacking in blobs) or scholar which is also top PvE choice too.
Retribution? Why? Low lvl fractals maybe but on higher levels people would just start flaming you once they find out you’re using that traitline instead of Devastation. From revenant it’s expected to be DPS fury bot in most PvE content.

The thread title specifically says Open World REV Build…. So it isn’t designed for high Fractals or PvP.

in Revenant

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

The thread title specifically says Open World REV Build…. So it isn’t designed for high Fractals or PvP.

He did mention WvW and immunity to condis in his posts though, why would you want an immunity to condis in open world PvE otherwise.

in Revenant

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Frankly, it doesn’t sound like he knows what he needs for openworld encounters. For example, you don’t need immunity to conditions but you do want ability to cleanse after a fight with trash so your not limping along to the next encounter like you’re still in a fight; that’s just lost time earning.

I won’t comment on PVP or WvW aspect of the presented build but there are not many times I’ve used a profession with an optimal build in openworld that can be tweaked a bit for fractals or WvW; different gameplay, different build considerations. There isn’t really a good reason to try to make one build fit all, so I recommend making focused builds.

As for the original build in openworld PVE; I would drop the Corruption for Devastation, Drop the Shield for Axe, Drop the Staff for Hammer. Drop Sigil of Luck for some other bursty sigil like Fire or Air, Drop the Warrior Runes for Traveller unless you like being slow in openworld.

(edited by Obtena.7952)