[PvP]Revenant feedback

[PvP]Revenant feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Revenant is ridiculously fun. Let’s get analysing everything

Overall: weak to cc outside retribution, weak to condis outside corruption, but can get some good survive if you do it right.

Weapons:
They’re all good, well shield needs love. The changes that were made were beautiful. Precision strike is buggy as in it can hit twice some times, it constantly says out of range in melee, besides that no issues.
What shield needs Envoy of Exuberance moves too slowly. I could barely heal allies with it if they weren’t beside me. Crystal Hibernation: same issue as defiance bars, soft cc should not effect it. I didn’t mind getting it broken by a hammer warrior cause that made sense but to 2 chill shot I got peeved. It made it really weak.

Legends
Mostly all good. Two complaints.
1. Jalis the hammer change is pretty good. The heal is still lacking and I feel less tanky then in shiro. The energy costs also feel really high, maybe I’m just not used to it. I’d suggest looking at energy costs and decreasing the heals cast time.
2. Glint Hello free 25 might stacks. This ones a tiny bit too strong. You can gain up to 12 might stacks out of combat and 25 in it. The heal is lovely btw. Okay now let’s talk about what’s weak. Facet of darkness activation is inconsistent. Id run into an sr and pop it but it would be a 50% chance it would work. Facet of chaos, is not great. It looks great but it is not effective. 5 up keep for protection? Ignoring the fact this hurts your healing ability, its not worth the energy. I have an either or suggestion. 1) lower it to 3. Now it can work with facet of nature. Cause rn if I want protection I just pop One with Nature. 2) Give it 1-2s stability. Not a full 3 so its not up all the time. Just something to midigate cc. The activation of chaos is also pretty weak since if you get blinded or they block or dodge its not going to work and theyre going to cause its very obvious. A reduced cast time to 1s would fix it.

Traits
I already posted some advised changes here

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Some-Trait-Issues-I-ve-Found/first#post5453174

I still stand by these. For instance Pulsating Pestulance is quite weak. I’d make it activate on 3 conditions instead of 15% chance on hit.

Herald traits I didn’t cover. Radiant revival is inconsistent, id give it 10% increased revive. Superspeed on stun break kinda blows. I’d also give it vigor and change superspeed to swiftness. Stun break for allies is good but rev has few stun breakers so its meh. I’d give this stab too. The trait that gives 2 stacks of stab when you get stab is cool BUT you can’t get stab in herald so why is this here? If the other changes I suggested are made I’d be okay but right now its pointless.

facet of nature
This doesn’t really work without glint due to the energy cost and lack of boons outside glint.

Ventari
The issue is with cost/reward for this. It costs so much time and energy to move the tablet and to detonate it, its so hard to bring in and out. The other issue is with the other 3 skills being so expencive and have next to no scaling so there’s little pay off. This could be a great legend but still isn’t. Not to mention I still want a way to see its radius to see whos in it

I miss my rev already.

Edit: forgot to add my gripe with facet of nature and ventari.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

(edited by Hooglese.4860)

[PvP]Revenant feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

You forgot to mention Ventari being utterly useless.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

[PvP]Revenant feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Hardly the only class that can stack 25 might. Not a problem, especially since it takes a combination of traits and abilities to do so.

[PvP]Revenant feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

You forgot to mention Ventari being utterly useless.

Haha its so useless it fell out of my brain. Ill edit

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

[PvP]Revenant feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: Panites.6798

Panites.6798

I found revenants to be extremely over powered in pvp, put two on one point and you have enough condi pressure to force a whole team to pop their clears.

Though in pve they felt underwhelming most of the time, but really really fun to play. So its quite a tail chasing game where you would most likely have different values for pvp and pve.