Question about Mallyx and Power

in Revenant

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I am testing out Rev for WvWand wondering if running Mallyx on a power build would be feasible, I know that it would lose out on mobility but will help against all the Condi builds I see in WvW lately, looking for any input.

Ps my build will be using Commanders gear and Mara.

in Revenant

Posted by: ApaWanka.2698

ApaWanka.2698

If you want to solo roam, Malix dont give U enough resistance to be something. On +3 more or less start to be useful.

On wvw raids is really useful (for some people is a must) due the resistance on your party + condition cleanses.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryyman.2196

Ryyman.2196

For zerging Mallyx is meta I think. For roaming Shiro’s mobility and evade/stunbreak is too good to not use. Since retri’s stab took a hit too Mallyx is even worse off than before.

in Revenant

BlaqueFyre.5678

Sad to hear, i think I will play around with it some more it’s been rough without my full gearset

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

For me, if I’m going around solo, Shiro’s pretty much a must have so that I have the disengaging power to be able to pick and choose my fights…

Also, as previously said, Pain Absorption is super weak solo. I get where you’re coming from though, and we’ve all been there after a salty encounter with a condi mes, where you’re left being like, “Kitten this… I’m just gonna use Mallyx and he can’t touch me!” But, the problem is, by yourself, you can only cast Pain Absorption 3 times if that’s all you do (i.e. just auto attack.) So, you get 6 seconds of resistance, but lose all ability to pressure or down anyone, which is really just a stall tactic. Pain Absorption only really works when you have a group around you to a) increase the resistance duration per cast and b) help apply pressure while you’re stuck in Mallyx.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Malyx without the Demonic Defiance trait from Coruption is very bad.

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Unfortunately this has been my experience as well. And if you need Demonic Defiance then you need Corruption. And Corruption is not very good with power builds either.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Unfortunately this has been my experience as well. And if you need Demonic Defiance then you need Corruption. And Corruption is not very good with power builds either.

Why couldn’t it be?

Corruption gives some extra resistance, some good boon rip and the ability to copy back conditions with pulsating pestilence. All of these things help a power build.

I do think that jallis is way superior in dealing with conditions though, the heal cleanses and there are two other skills that reduce the damage of conditions.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Revenant

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I used mallyx, but I wasn’t good at figuring out the best way to use it.
What I mostly did was use Unyielding Anguish to hope from target to target. I’d also activate Embrace the Darkness as it increased my crit chance and crit damage.

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Why couldn’t it be?

Corruption gives some extra resistance, some good boon rip and the ability to copy back conditions with pulsating pestilence. All of these things help a power build.

I do think that jallis is way superior in dealing with conditions though, the heal cleanses and there are two other skills that reduce the damage of conditions.

That was just my impression from trying it out in WvW and PvP. You lose a lot of damage in a Sword/X power build if you trade Invocation or Devastation for Corruption. In my opinion, the boon rip (2 boons every 25 seconds) and the condition copy (which only matters for CC conditions rather than damaging conditions if you’re using a power build) don’t really make up for the damage loss. It might work in a sort of bunker-ish build that doesn’t care about damage as much, I haven’t tried that. But again, this is just my outlook. I’d like to use Mallyx in a power build, I just haven’t yet found a way to make it work for me.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: ApaWanka.2698

ApaWanka.2698

If you have a party of +3, Corruption traitline is not necessary. U get enough resistance been close to your mates, helping them aswel to deal with conditions.

For solo or duo, Malix is not viable (like Narcx explain before)

in Revenant

BlaqueFyre.5678

Yeah I am seeing that unless I run a bunkery spec