Question about Revenant - Marauder???

in Revenant

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

Just to be clear – PvE & WvW.

When HoT launched I fell in love with the Revenant(coming from a 3year thief), and I now cannot bring myself to play anything other than Rev. A few months later I decided to take a break due to the content drought.
I’ve recently come back, and after hearing good things about the Marauder’s set of gear, silly me, I crafted it. I did some research, but I’m starting to think what I found on Revenants and Marauders is severely outdated(No, I didn’t notice the dates, but was for sure post-HoT).

Did Marauders get some sort of nerf? Because after some in-game testing I feel I shouldn’t have crafted it, this being VS Berserkers gear. I merely get +1K HP.
I am not looking to bash anything here, I’m simply trying to understand why I remember hearing good things about Marauder gear on Revenants, and not feeling any benefits right now. My goal with this would be to sacrifice a bit of DPS for some more survivability, would Valkyrie have been a better choice?? In HoT maps I tried out both sets, and found berserkers simply had more damage, but in both gear sets my HP wouldn’t drop below 60%(against a multitude of enemies). For a 1KHP increase, this was a waste. Similar results in WvW roaming, that 1K made an unnoticeable difference(if there even was one).
With Roiling Mists and Ferocity-source traits, the precision and ferocity differences also seemed negligible.

Any advice would be welcome! If it was indeed a waste, then my bad, 75g down the drain sigh

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

I’m not entirely sure about Zerker vs Marauder on a Revenant. The extra HP is nice, but the extra precision doesn’t seem all too useful with Rolling Mists giving you 40% critical rate when under Fury while losing out some Power+Ferocity for vitality.

Maybe something like a few Valkyrie trinkets can add to your health without taking away too much from your offense?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFyugJshsj5MtpdABICA-TlSBQBMSJ4GOCAA4EAgH9BiUJGlU/5BPAgro8gDHCA+t/AA-w

in Revenant

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Marauder has two advantages regardless of profession, it has higher percision which in turn means higher crit chance (not really a problem on rev given our fury effectiveness is doubled) and the vitality allows you to be staying up and additionally provides more offensive stats when using furious maintenance oils.

Marauder stat wise is superior than berserker. That said, it does do less dps than berserker. Simply put marauder is better for all content other than raids and dungeons.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.