Questions For Experienced Revs

in Revenant

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Hi there;

I have been trying to learn the profession. I tried last year but got bored easily because of bugs. The concept is perfect for me, to be able to change role with legend swap, ability to fill every role (was a drood in wow early wow). But as you can imagine I was disappointed when I tried the profession.

Now I am trying again to learn again. I will not write a wall of text so let me summarize;

I have a gear and build problem. But before that shiro + glint = death from condi

glint + mallyx= cannot catch a running dude

no glint = Hello slowness my old friend

Any help for build and especially tricks for rev?

ps: Last question, do any of you experience fps drop when playing rev?

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

which game mode you play

pve
wvw
pvp

in Revenant

alain.1659

Oh my mistake, I play wvw mainly

in Revenant

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I’m not sure about which other professions you’ve tried, but they all suffer from trade-offs. If you want mobility, you give up something, if you want good condi clear you often give up damage.

Either way, I’m no expert rev. (Been playing this game for 4 years though) All the classes suffer some of this, but Rev doesn’t let you buildcraft as much. If you can’t find the solution on rev, chances are these are the limitations of the profession.

I was just maining rev this season, but a single condi engineer I bumped into a few times got me to reroll…. haha.

Sometimes a class feels great, but then you find it’s weaknesses… This game is fun, but it can be really hard to settle on a end-all-be-all build.

Closest I think would be with the Ranger, since you can use your pet to make up the difference. Engineer is also flexible enough to allow some silly builds, but they all fall apart somewhere.

Good luck with your Rev, and if you’re new (which is my impression), welcome to the game. Good luck finding a profession you like. (I think Engineer would match druid vanilla/Bc druid better than rev. Trust me, it was my main, both actually. hehe)

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Try Shiro + Glint with staff and cleansing sigils on staff and the other weapon you prefer. With the condi cleanse on invoking you can ignore most of it and cleanse some stuff. Well ofc its still incredible hard to win against condi kiddos, but sometimes youll win.

Btw: this is why Im suggestion a 3 legend change, see my other thread for that.

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

drop glint and go shiro mallyx
corruption with resistance 2,3,2
mace/sword and sword shield

in Revenant

alain.1659

Thank you all for your answers I have been playing for 3 years and for wvw tried every profession. Mainly I play ele but thief and mes are also ok for me.

Trade offs are there but no other class completely feels this limited in my opinion. So I thought there must be something to do. Sadly I have never experienced any good revs (post patch) to talk about it. I always easily kill them (I do not play condi). So either the profession is in a really bad spot, or I have encountered the worst possible revs. So there must be something that makes the profession playable.

And yes three legend swap is needed indeed

in Revenant

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Isn’t 3 legend swapping getting kinda close to being like an ele? That’s probably why the devs have avoided it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

ps: Last question, do any of you experience fps drop when playing rev?

No.

About the other topics: you can get resistance vs conditions with a Mallyx+Shiro build, but you will get destroyed at range. You can be able to fight at range with hammer, but then mele classes will probably crush you with litle effort.

If you want mobility + condition cleansing and close gaps then you need to run either a Warrior or a Guardian (in the heavy classes).

in Revenant

alain.1659

Beside from zerg fights, I experienced that best(and only, in some builds) condi cleanse for rev is not to get hit in the first place. I dislike heavy armor classes in games, but rev is like a mage who can fill every role with legend swap (at least It was my first impression when they announced the class).

Melee-Range dilemma you stressed is ever present. I constantly need to swap weapons when out of combat. Sometimes I wish anet let revs to assign weapons to legends to use on swap. Then I staff 5 to everyone and calm down