Quick Breakdown on Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

Hey all,

So I’m buying HoT for its release as we all are. I’m definitely going to swap and play Revenant as my main when its out along with Druid as my only alt (don’t play an amazing amount). I’ve seen gameplay videos of Revenant on YT but not a lot more apart from that. Sooo….

Can anyone give me a breakdown of the Revenant? I swapped to Monk in WoW and it was the best decision ever as the builds were all new and noone Was used to it so learning varied builds made it even more fun. So what’s what guys?

Also a quickie. I play a Norn warrior and Asura ranger. Does asura look Good in revenant gear or am I better off going norn or human?

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

How do you know you’re going to main it if you’re just now asking for the basics?

Basics:

Your resource mechanic is energy. Weapon skills and utilities cost energy. Swapping legends gives you 50 energy. You can have up to 100. It regenerates at a rate of 5 per second.

You’ve got two weapon slots. You have mainhand mace, offhand axe, mainhand sword, offhand sword, hammer, staff and offhand shield.

Mace/axe – close to mid range condition weapons
Staff – close combat heal, burst and control weapon with evade + a block
Hammer – long range power weapon with evade + a block
Swords – close combat dps and burst with evade + a block
Shield – healing and block skills

You choose two utility sets called, ‘Legends’ and swap between them during combat.

Jalis – tank and support legend (1 control + 1 stunbreak)
Ventari – healing legend (1 control)
Mallyx – condition legend with boon stealing and resistance
Shiro – mobility and dps legend (1 control + 1 stunbreak + 1 evade)
Glint – boons, energy draining skills and utility (1 control + 1 stunbreak)

You must choose the herald trait line to access the Glint legend.

Devastation – damage bonuses and a bit of healing (Shiro theme)
Retribution – tank with stability (Jalis theme)
Salvation – healing and support (Ventari theme)
Invocation – legend swapping utility and fury (energy theme)
Corruption – conditions, boon stealing and resistance (Mallyx theme)
Herald – boons, upkeeps, shield and support traits (Glint theme)

I’ll be playing an asura or charr revenant.

(edited by Demented Yak.6105)

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Hey all,

So I’m buying HoT for its release as we all are. I’m definitely going to swap and play Revenant as my main when its out along with Druid as my only alt (don’t play an amazing amount). I’ve seen gameplay videos of Revenant on YT but not a lot more apart from that. Sooo….

Can anyone give me a breakdown of the Revenant? I swapped to Monk in WoW and it was the best decision ever as the builds were all new and noone Was used to it so learning varied builds made it even more fun. So what’s what guys?

Also a quickie. I play a Norn warrior and Asura ranger. Does asura look Good in revenant gear or am I better off going norn or human?

If you are looking for something that can do more frontline support OR group buffs
Revenant is for you.

Norn in my opinion have much better heavy armor- My Rev will be a norn female.

Revenant is something like a real jack of all master of none. But it can never truly be everything at once.
For example.
If you want great damage- Shiro and the Devestation line are recommended to capitalise on DPS
If you want a lot of condi’s Mallyx and Corruption are for you.
Decent Defense, Jalis and Retribution are for you.
Do you want party wide area effects like sustained healing (assuming the actually decide to buff this legend into usefulness)Salvation and Ventari is your 5 legged (wink wink) man
And for the legend that helps tie everything together ( also the legend with the best heal) Glint and the Herald line- giving great party-wide defensive and offensive boons and the third legend that actually gives a stun break

Pick any two Legends- Only two

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Revenant

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

Nice replies thanks guys,

The visual look is awesome, obviously read through the skills etc but haven’t had a chance to play it and get a thorough look. Current classes aren’t my cup of tea with the exception of shoutbow offensive and Condi ranger. 110% swapping to rev when its out.

I’ll look into Asura and Norn at release. The legends sound like a hella lot of fun. Can’t wait to try this. What seems to be the most effective solo build thus far?

(edited by Adjust.6903)

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

Your resource mechanic is energy. Weapon skills and utilities cost energy. Swapping legends gives you 50 energy. You can have up to 100. It regenerates at a rate of 5 per second.

Small fix here…

Energy “rest” at 50. When you swap to a new legend, you reset your energy (no matter where it is) to your “resting” point of 50. the Energy Bar goes from 0-100.

You regen at a rate of 5/sec unless you have a unique “Upkeep” skill in effect, which can lower your regen rate from +5 to -5 (A range of 10), effectively bleeding energy during certain upkeep skills but these skills tend to be rather powerful.

What seems to be the most effective solo build thus far?

Just like you, no one has had proper time yet to amass the knowledge needed to put out “Official” builds for the Revenant yet. Although I can tell you, given how clearly the Trait and Legends are, There will be quite a few builds built around roles in groups.

As humbly as possible, if you want a good idea of what’s what on the Revenant right now, at least according to me, you can read my rather huge post here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-Feedback-Massive/first#post5617531

Careful, it’s kinda big.
;D

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].