!REVENANT NEEDS A BUFF ANET!

in Revenant

Posted by: aimz.6287

aimz.6287

This is blasphemy. Power revenant I will not lie isn’t TERRIBLE yes another staff nerf was totally unnecessary 33% would have been tolerated but 50%!!?? I’m more so here to explain the reason that revenant is a thing of the past people don’t need them in raids in pvp in pve because everything a rev can do a mother class can do or more. It’s honestly sad that I had to literally make a class just to raid. ANET this is a message to you directly if you want the game to be “balanced” then start by fixing classes that don’t get involved with any of the content that you put out. First off FIX THE REVENANTS CONDI ITS SAD THAT 1 skill you want them to stay in a pulsating field to get the full affect but your main condition dealer is TORMENT!!! You’re contradicting your own self fix this PLEASE!!!! Every other class can practically out deeps rev condi and power and ur still nerfing them to hell…. this is a cry for help from all revenants because we all think this I NEED PEOPLE WHO PLAY REVENANT AND UNDERSTAND THIS TO SHOW YOUR VOICE… it’s sad that my favorite class gets bashed my other classes because rev is not good enough for your content that u put out….

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Yeah ANET, now that the esports BS is finally dead can you please buff Glint/Shiro back to something respectable? And not nerfing it because only the top 0.001% of the players were doing great with it in fully coordinated teams. (Alot of very important nerfs happened before they even started splitting skills thanks to PvP and a bit to WvW)

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

in Revenant

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Agreed, its gotten to the point where ive just taken all my gear off my rev and moved it to secondary sets for other classes. Rev is almost unplayable. between bugs and just plain bad design, we aren’t even good buff bots anymore when all buffs we provide are given by every other class. Condi rev has ALWAYS been a joke and anet has refuse to acknowledge it. Now power rev not only can’t be a boon bot, but doesn’t even do decent dps anymore. In melee or range.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dimerius.1397

Dimerius.1397

Yeah ANET, now that the esports BS is finally dead can you please buff Glint/Shiro back to something respectable? And not nerfing it because only the top 0.001% of the players were doing great with it in fully coordinated teams. (Alot of very important nerfs happened before they even started splitting skills thanks to PvP and a bit to WvW)

Killing the competitive scene was the worst mistake, which they have ever made. That was the reason why this game was popular, but nowadays it is not and also it can not compete with wow, because wow was promoted by youtubers and streamers. The only thing better in gw2 is PvP and non p2w model, because it is not resident sleeper eventhough you have less buttons to care about, but the gameplay is more intensive.

REV:
Rev does not need any damage buff except staff AA buff(5-10%) and to focus main target with sword 2 and 3 without splitting it. Also invocation line should be a bit reworked so the stun break should be a basic behaviour of legend swapping (this could make more viable builds)as well as the 1 condition clear. So there could be trait in invocation line to boost this condi removal up to 3 condis.
Probably I would suggest to rework the condi idea of mallyx as well as the corruption trait line.
Dont panic
There will be avaible power build(which is perfect, because revenant is designed as a assasin and not a freaking condicrap) and you can support as well, because you can use ventari(eventhough it has small range aroud the tablet) and glint.

Mallyx & Corruption
Mallyx should be reworked towards beeing a demonic assasin, who could deal with condis and boonstriping(for example 25% chance on hit to boonstrip in corruption line)

Mallyx spells:
Heal – passive – on incoming condition provide small heal
-on activation – provide heal for 3-5k
Gapcloser: without cooldown, but with 30/35 energy cost
Demonic slash – dmg enemies in front of you and remove 3 enemy boons with cooldown and energy cost 15-25
Consume the darkness – Stunbreak and consume 2-3 condis(maybe it could depend on traits in corruption line) with low cooldown(10s) and 20-25 energy cost
elite spell: Unleash the demon power- transfer 2 condis to boons and get aura, which is pulsing slow for a small amount of time. With cooldown like 30s, but without energy cost

Corruption should be designed to boonstrip/condi transfer instead of pulsing resistance. Maybe it could also have some chance to put on foe weakness/chill for a short period of time and boost the passive part of a heal(+-200) on incoming condition

Mace: simply make it like a quicker hammer with shorter range, but still it should be range weapon(something like 600-800)

(edited by Dimerius.1397)

in Revenant

aimz.6287

I am serious there needs to be a change with this class and classes that don’t get involved anymore because OTHER CLASSES CAN DO OR DO BETTER THAN those classes that are pushed aside like rev… PLEASE ANET READ OUR CRY

in Revenant

aimz.6287

‘’From what I remember, Condi Rev is among one of the worst condi builds in the game for PvE.
Condi PS Warr has better support than Revenant as a whole and higher DPS.
Condi Engi/Ranger both have way higher DPS.
Even Condi Reaper has quite a lot more DPS, even ignoring chill fields.’’

THIS IS A QUOTE FROM ONE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT PLAY THIS GAME THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS UP… If you want the game to be balance.. BALANCE IT ALREADY AND MAKE IT FAIR… People know rev blows and its terrible they are used for NOTHING NOW!

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Honestly the whole idea of splitting “types of DPS” (as in, Condition vs Power) is just really meh to begin with.

Whether you utilize more conditions (slower damage but difficult to avoid) or more direct damage (instant results, need to stick to the target) should be a result of class design and theme, not of the spec you pick.

I mean I get why it was done, otherwise there’d be too few things to specialize into. But specifically with Revenant, it’d be easier if Shiro was the DPS legend (period), and Mallix was about debuffing not about DPS. Stripping boons, extending conditions (others applied), applying debuffs, generally making life difficult.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

in Revenant

Posted by: Madara.7435

Madara.7435

Somehow I get the feeling that the rev subforum is attracting a lot of mimimi people.

———
Madara

in Revenant

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

i rolled one to pvp and test , i get destroyed its the only class that i simply cannot play with

action combat made mmos better lol

in Revenant

XxsdgxX.8109

i rolled one to pvp and test , i get destroyed its the only class that i simply cannot play with

The Risk/Reward ratio is just so unfair atm. It’s a High Risk/Average Reward class right now. While a class like Berserker is Low Risk/High Reward.

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

get 2 equal skilled players and a DH/War will destroy the Power Rev in sPvP. Why do you think most of the high skilled Power Revs switched to another class. Its because if you are a top player sure you will do great on Power Rev but guess what? You will do even better if you switch to Warrior.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Revenant

XxsdgxX.8109

get 2 equal skilled players and a DH/War will destroy the Power Rev in sPvP. Why do you think most of the high skilled Power Revs switched to another class. Its because if you are a top player sure you will do great on Power Rev but guess what? You will do even better if you switch to Warrior.

This is what people don’t get.

And sure Revenant is still viable… against noobs and in the hands of an actual top player, but that is the case with absolutely everything else.
Playing Revenant right now is just for bragging rights cause you kitten yourself.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

If they’re actually going to throw Revenant some buffs next balance patch, Anet would you finally fix Offhand Sword #5.

If it actually hit anything that alone would make OH sword more viable.

in Revenant

Posted by: Celiea.3461

Celiea.3461

I agree with you all although I am not good at finding out which part of the class is wrong with but I do know theirs something wrong with the Revenant.

To Anet Revenants is a Cool class to play when it comes to playstyle but its power and damage is questionable so listen to these guys I am sure they know more about whats wrong. Their is a warning if your Anet team doesn’t rebalance the Revenants lot of people will stop playing Revenants if they do play a Revenant will be only for resource grinding in an open world environment and that’s all they will be good for.

in Revenant

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

I agree 100% every patch that has been released so far for rev for the past few ner-i mean balancing patches have only nerfed heavily and given bread crumbs of buffs, or stuff that people did not ask for.

inb4 people who do not play rev come in here and say rev is fine/rev is op.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

in Revenant

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I am sorry, but what? Is there still a revenant profession? As far as I know there are still many bugs that effects game play (or bugs the hell out of you) still not enough condi clears or energy/cd balance.

And on top of that If your computer is mediocre or subpar for gaming, you cannot play with Glint properly, it just becomes clutchy ( we have tried with different mediocre laptops, it feels like 64 bit- 32 bit client problem if you know the topic) which no other class suffers from.

I have deleted my rev three months ago. I loved the profession concept, idea of energy/cd and legends. I even used my lvl 80 boost for it. But what is it good for if you cannot play it properly.

in Revenant

aimz.6287

If Embrace the darkness did burn every pulse too that would be PRETTY AWESOME! it wouldn’t even be op anet!!!!! Like open ur eyes kitten … Revenant is smashed to the ground Omega Zoa is 100% right as well u give us nerf after nerf and still play this class because we have hope that maybe one day u will make it relevant to the game… Rev cannot be participated in raids because other classes out perform them…. I thought this game was all about any class can do anything just like the other class…. Makes kitten sense stop contradicting urself… Please fix condition rev make the other legends more viable for your events in gw2.. Your destroying a class.. I hope this forum opens up your eyes I’m really hoping for something good on the next major patch or expansion and if nothing by then I’m done playing this game and investing my time and money into it because its not fun when someones fav class gets bullied down by other classes for out performing…

in Revenant

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

I agree 100% every patch that has been released so far for rev for the past few ner-i mean balancing patches have only nerfed heavily and given bread crumbs of buffs, or stuff that people did not ask for.

inb4 people who do not play rev come in here and say rev is fine/rev is op.

Rev is not fine, but then being nerfed heavily or getting stuff people did not ask for is not unique to rev, eles didn’t ask for endless buffs to shatterstone, engis were nerfed for the first year or so of the game, then scrapper got nerfed for something like the first 5 balance patches after HoT, and so on.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Honestly whenever I see one on the enemy team I pretty much treat them as a DC. I feel zero threat from 99.999% of Revenants out there and I’m not good enough to be matched up against the 1 or 2 people with the skills to get something out of them. It’s a sad state of affairs.

I don’t even play my Revenant in PvP because I feel like I’m gimping my team it’s so bad.

in Revenant

Posted by: CrimsonRipper.5087

CrimsonRipper.5087

All of Revenant Specs need to be able to stand on their own so that the Rev can do what it is meant to: play multiple roles, one role being the “main role” and another being an “off role”.

The spec lines seem to me at first glance to function like this:

Corruption: Focus on Mallyx, condition damage, with options to provide defenses against incoming conditions.

Retribution: Focus on Jallis, personal defenses and control.

Salvation: Focus on Ventari, healing, boons, and soft control.

Invocation: No Focus, instead based around changing legends consistently. Provides a mix of damage, control, and situational effects.

Devastation: Focus on Shiro, damage, and small splashes of survivability.

Herald: Glint’s specialization, a focus on support and boons.

So why the hell would you buff Jalis for damage? It’s a bandaid fix for much larger problems: the Legends can’t stand on their own reasonably even with their own trees.

We witnessed a patch where the damage of Jalis, the defensive legend, was buffed when there were two Legends that have visual and mechanical designs implying physical/condition based damage builds.

Ideally: a player should be building Revenant like this:

“I want to play as a damage dealer primarily, but my party/raid/squad needs off healing. So, I’m going to use the Shiro and Ventari Legends, as well as use Sword/Axe and Staff as my weapons. I will specialize in Devastation, Salvation, and Likely Invocation to support this. Although I might forego Salvation in favor of traits from other specializations based on the situation.”

Suggested Changes for Legends and Associated Specializations

Shiro/Devastation

Enchanted Daggers
1. Now an upkeep skill, similar to Impossible Odds. Could be a main source of damage regarding this Legend.
2. A trait could be made to proc singular, automatic daggers to deal extra damage.
3. Another trait could be made to increase the healing of daggers. Shares a tier with the previously mentioned trait.

Phase Traversal
1. The Unblockable Attacks buff also deal increased damage on the next 2 hits.
2. The Malicious Reprisal Trait grants this same buff.

Impossible Odds
1. Either baseline or Traited to have impossible odds have a pulsing condition cleanse.
2. Traited to provide self Alacrity on Critical Hits? Likely same tier as above trait.

Malyx/Corruption

Torment
Traits supporting torment allow it to do increased damage ticks per unique condition on foes.

Venom Enhancement
Provides stacks of poison equal to the number of stacks of Torment applies. Could also be changed to proc randomly when torment is applied for balance purposes if this change is introduced.

Banish Enchantment
For PVE, more enemies should apply boons to themselves/allies. A minor, stealth buff that encourages more build options and calling in a need for boon-strip/corruption. Can also buff Necromancers too.

in Revenant

aimz.6287

Exactly Fix this class make them unique.. Make them fit in… Like they once were