ouch,,, feel sorry for them already!

nah,,,, lol

@LichForm,,,, we coming for you!!

Paybacks a Kitten!!!

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Oh please, stop this nonsense. Guardian is completely different from Revenant.

Not even going to talk about Necro. Why? This comparison makes no sense.
Revenant has nothing like Necro staff, death shroud or skills. They have nothing in common.
Mallyx? Oh come on, Necro is not even the best condi class.

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Revenant has nothing like Necro staff, death shroud or skills. They have nothing in common.

Hew just means all the Revenants stuns withh go through our Lichs stability and the unblockable trait will wreck Guardians in their blocks.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

oh, you were talking about pvp.

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Mallyx =/= Necromancer.

Totally different playstyles.

Nothing changes for Necromancer.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I’d say that shiro sucked the vampirism out of the necro here and Mallyx best the necro at condi masochism.

Now to understand why “rip guardian”, I don’t see. Shiro support is still crappy since (even if a lot of people don’t want to aknoledge it) healing is an inappropriate form of support in a game where active defense is king. The revenant will have it’s place, sure but guards with there aegis and ae block will still rock.

Something worse noting is that the ae ferocity trait was asked by necro (for the necro not for the revenant…)

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Mallyx doesn’t work like Necro at all. The purpose of Mallyx is to get conditions and copy them, and put some torment.

Also Necro was never the best condi class (and neither Revenant imo)

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I’d say that shiro sucked the vampirism out of the necro here and Mallyx best the necro at condi masochism.

Now to understand why “rip guardian”, I don’t see. Shiro support is still crappy since (even if a lot of people don’t want to aknoledge it) healing is an inappropriate form of support in a game where active defense is king. The revenant will have it’s place, sure but guards with there aegis and ae block will still rock.

Something worse noting is that the ae ferocity trait was asked by necro (for the necro not for the revenant…)

They mean that revenant will outclass a DPS medi guard (scepter with hammer or GS), which I personally don’t see. They look about equal in terms of mobility, but where rev has evades and lifesteal and vuln application, guard has more blocks and blinds, healing, and burn application.

They will offer very different ways to play a heavy armored DPS class with decent mobility/gapclosers.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Mallyx doesn’t work like Necro at all. The purpose of Mallyx is to get conditions and copy them, and put some torment.

Also Necro was never the best condi class (and neither Revenant imo)

I beg to differ! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Contagion

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Guardian can still wreak Revenant with Retaliation. Just use a virtue when omnislash starts

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Guardian can still wreak Revenant with Retaliation. Just use a virtue when omnislash starts

Just Banish Enchantment that mess away, and back to bursting you down..

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Necro and Guardian still have like 300% more surbivability then revenant. It is like comparing a thief to them

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

….. What the hell. RIP guardians? RIP guardians my kitten . They are superior in both damage and support. What game are you playing?

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Trying to compare classes with completely different skills, mechanics, cooldowns, scaling etc is sometimes completely fine for the sake of pointing out balance flaws etc.

But in general it’s just silly whining with absolutely no thought about the grand scheme of the classes.

When ever I read Mallyx is a better Necro than….Necro! I just facepalm so incredably hard I’m actually suprised I’m sill breathing.

You can’t compare a whole freaking class to one set of 4 utility skills that CAN’T BE CHANGED.

Same goes with RIP Guardian comments.

Just stop it for the love jeebus.

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

And survivability. Guardian is tanky, rev is squishy

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

Hew just means all the Revenants stuns withh go through our Lichs stability and the unblockable trait will wreck Guardians in their blocks.

yeah reading the rest of the comments, looks like people took what I was trying to say out of context.
As Shiki.7148 was saying,
OP was talking about the Revenant’s unblockable, and Stability Stack remover element to the play style…

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

That stability remover trait is pointless tbh. You remove 2 stacks instead of 1 on cc. That is. Boon strip is superior in every way and rev..doesnt have many cc. A medi guardian will wreck revenant on breakfast. Mark my words.

Revenant has subpar damage compared to guardian. Revenant has subpar sustain compared to guardian. I dont see how a rev could own medi guard in current state by any means.

And necro? He will just corrupt your stability on dodge to fear you. Once the fight will be over, prepare to be teabagged or some /dance, /laugh stuff on your corpse. Thats the reality.

obey me

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

That stability remover trait is pointless tbh. You remove 2 stacks instead of 1 on cc. That is. Boon strip is superior in every way and rev..doesnt have many cc. A medi guardian will wreck revenant on breakfast. Mark my words.

Revenant has subpar damage compared to guardian. Revenant has subpar sustain compared to guardian. I dont see how a rev could own medi guard in current state by any means.

And necro? He will just corrupt your stability on dodge to fear you. Once the fight will be over, prepare to be teabagged or some /dance, /laugh stuff on your corpse. Thats the reality.

Rev has Boon Removal, as well as Stability strip. Rev in theory can eat up Lich Form like a kid eating birthday cake…

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Except he dies faster

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Rev has Boon Removal, as well as Stability strip. Rev in theory can eat up Lich Form like a kid eating birthday cake…

Um..im not a necro player but youre free to duel any other half decent necro player with your so almighty revenant. Just head over to the necro forum with duel request. Dont forget to post a vid of you wrecking lich form. And most important thing please dont post “nerf lich form” topics when you get eated alive. Thank you.

obey me

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I still think that Necros or Guardians can wreck a fragile Revenant like the Hulk with Loki in the first Avengers movie

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

Um..im not a necro player but youre free to duel any other half decent necro player with your so almighty revenant. Just head over to the necro forum with duel request. Dont forget to post a vid of you wrecking lich form. And most important thing please dont post “nerf lich form” topics when you get eated alive. Thank you.

I would be interested in doing just this. know anybody that has a twitch and would be up for this?

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

ok so er.. Am i the only one who understood this thread?

There’s a trait that allows one CC to strip 2 stacks of stability instead of one, and an ability that allows you to throw out unblockable hits if your attacks are blocked (meaning you can CC a guardian using shelter finally)

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Revenant sword: The next iteration in weapons that have more blocks than Guardian shield.

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Necro dosent need Revenant to be dead, Anet have fixed that long ago….

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

ok so er.. Am i the only one who understood this thread?

There’s a trait that allows one CC to strip 2 stacks of stability instead of one, and an ability that allows you to throw out unblockable hits if your attacks are blocked (meaning you can CC a guardian using shelter finally)

If unblockable was this good, every warrior and their grandma would use signet of might. The same complaints appeared whan this effect has been introduced and look, the guardian still reckt wars easily.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

The fact is that Guardian has so much block and stability that you can’t really do much against it. Been a Guardian main 3 years, but I have all 8 classes at level 80 and full geared, some with multiple sets. I love this game.

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

I think each can beat the other. /thread

Also these classes are nothing alike.

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Mallyx doesn’t send anything back and has no life syphon, deat shroud, minions and whatsoever. Has nothing to do with necro.
They only share a similar skill type with Corruption skills (as thief shares traps with ranger).

What you are describing are corruption skills. It’s a skill cathegory, like shouts.
This doesn’t make revenant better then necro, they have many differences.

And let me point out that Mallyx doesn’t heal from conditions and doesn’t transfer them. Conditions are only copied and for a limited time. The mechanic here is resistance to conditions. Also no active transfer like Necro, that actually moves all its conditions to the foes.
Plus Mallyx has a lot of problems atm. If I get a 2 hour cripple I can’t heal it, and I only get 2 seconds of resistance or COPY that on a foe for 2 seconds. Lol.
Necro can transfer that entirely. 2 hours of cripple to an enemy.

Read skill tooltips again.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

RIP Necro and Guardians

in Revenant

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Well, can’t judge incomplete class as complete right now, tho.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.