RIP revenant

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

The class is unplayable. Not only sux hard to condis, but is also first target of any power classes counterparts, like thief, warrior and scrapper. And on top of that, theyr burst ability is non existent, since UA always prefers hit minion/clones/pets/gyro or even objects than stick on the target, and since surge of the mist has been nerfed so much that is now just a merely defensive tool. The argument “a CC cant do also so big dmg” is meaningless, when we allow skills like headbutt or DH traps do the same but even with more dmg than before the nerf to Surge of The mist, or when we allow pulmonary effect reward so much a distant spammable interruption with no cast time, while surge of the mist requires you to aligne perfectly on the target, and still doing less than any single skill of warrior GS.
Can’t we admit it has been overnerfed? Is too hard for anet developers admit “we made a mistake”?

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Wow, you seriously think DH traps and Headbutt did more damage than SotM before the nerf?

Too bad revs now have to play well to be effective, just like every profession should be. Eles were nerfed before you, but we’re doing just fine with our one viable spec, which can be difficult to play at times as well.

Point? Learn to play or reroll DH if you think it’s so godly compared to pre nerf rev.

My goodness, I’m so sick of revs complaining about nerfs. You were OP. Now you’re more balanced and have to play well. This isn’t a problem with revs being weak. It’s a problem with everything else being too OP.

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Wow, you seriously think DH traps and Headbutt did more damage than SotM before the nerf?

Too bad revs now have to play well to be effective, just like every profession should be. Eles were nerfed before you, but we’re doing just fine with our one viable spec, which can be difficult to play at times as well.

Point? Learn to play or reroll DH if you think it’s so godly compared to pre nerf rev.

My goodness, I’m so sick of revs complaining about nerfs. You were OP. Now you’re more balanced and have to play well. This isn’t a problem with revs being weak. It’s a problem with everything else being too OP.

Perfect example of people still salty about the time rev was viable lol

And to your point of rerolling, yes I have and am having far easier face rolls using DH thief ele and druid this season lol.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

(edited by BeepBoopBop.5403)

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I think heralds should get 2 condi clears bound to their f5. this should make them more suitable to fight condi.

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

stop using herald/shiro…switch to herald/mallyxn and u will do just fine. Although its a been harder to master but it have potential. If you so much condi resistance and boons remove. Definitely a valuable asset to team fight.

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Do you even know how much more complex SoTM combo was in comparison to those other braindead moves? It was a combination of good positioning so most of SoTM x9 hits could land (you have to go in a kittening straight line), having more than 50% energy so Equilibrium could activate on legend swap and having a weapon swap sigil ready.

And they gutted sword once again without a good reason. Sustain was already subpar so all they had left was those two nails in the coffin.

It’s a problem with everything else being too OP.

But you are also right there, but its clear by now that they are not nerfing those spammed, low skill floor builds anytime soon since they actually even buffed those classes. There’s zero consistency with their balance “team”.

Can’t we admit it has been overnerfed? Is too hard for anet developers admit “we made a mistake”?

Yeah it’s pretty sad how arrogant they have been in regards to this, they can’t even do simple rollbacks cause that would mean admitting a mistake. Watch out ANET, you are dangerously close to being like Bungie is with Destiny, but unfortunately you are nowhere close to having the same amount of blind sheep to keep playing and paying for your game.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Just because its a complex rotation doesn’t mean the skill was balanced. It was huge amounts of hard CC, an evade, and an extremely high damage skill that hit multiple people. It did too much. It needed a nerf to one of those 3 things.

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

Don’t mind me, I’m just a rifle engineer who’s trying to make sense in unranked~

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Right now or ,,meta" is purely based on ranked solo/duo q and really few pvp streamers so it’s really hard to say how valuable rev is now. Probably nobody serious tested last 3 balance ,,like" updates.

At HoT lunch when esl teams made power/condi rev builds, class was god tier if you had skill. Time passed, a lot nerfs happened but I have no doubt that somebody who keep playing rev from season 1 to 6 has free spot in platinum and up.

If you decide to learn now rev it’s probably most horrible experience ever. If have 0 experience you can’t learn to play it even on unranked. Nobody streams rev so you don’t even know rotations. Personally if I got rev in my team I never swap to ele (I know how strong rev/ele duo is). Revs in gold and below fail at doing anything so I never get value from class swap.

Personally I hate when anet decides to nerf something that is only strong if used with brain and skill. On everything out there besides chrono/necro is easy to just hop in and be effective and keep learning something.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

stop using herald/shiro…switch to herald/mallyxn and u will do just fine. Although its a been harder to master but it have potential. If you so much condi resistance and boons remove. Definitely a valuable asset to team fight.

Power Rev is way stronger than condi: better burst, much better disengaging and chasing tools.

The class is crap due the constant nerfs to damage and the utterly frailty to cc, plus is really really hard (hardest) to play. But once you learn to block, blind and evade in perfection you can at least 50/50 most of matchups (except condi Mes and Warrior).

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Hmm, personally I just saw a stream of a guy playing rev solo in platinum and he won fights as well as the game. “Unplayable” might be a too much strong word.

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: x chakuza x.3512

x chakuza x.3512

There is one streaming right now.. one of the Top 10 ratings.. if i watch him i cant see a unplayable class

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Rev is strong BUT only in the hands of absolute top players. When you compare that to DH, War, Druid that is very effective in the hands of a complete noob who spams buttons. In equal skilled hands a Rev is a poor choice for most of the pvp community. Literally nearly everyone will have more success playing a different class.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: angrypenguin.1839

angrypenguin.1839

I know I usually cringe a little when a Rev is on the team. About 20% of the time they do well, but normally it seems like they are an insta downed.

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

There is one streaming right now.. one of the Top 10 ratings.. if i watch him i cant see a unplayable class

Don’t conflate one individual player’s skill with a class being fine. There is individual skill in this game. If someone’s twitch skills and decision making is better then 99% of the player base they can still play something weaker and win a lot. For the vast majority of players playing a Revenant is not very viable and you see it in the number of Revenants which is not many.

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Good to hear! Can you share a link?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: angrypenguin.1839

angrypenguin.1839

Just played a few games at lunch and played against a few Revs and with one. The ones against were a pretty easy kill and the one on the team really struggled. Was a good guy and seemed like a decent player just the tools didnt seem to be there.

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

Power Rev is way stronger than condi: better burst, much better disengaging and chasing tools.

The class is crap due the constant nerfs to damage and the utterly frailty to cc, plus is really really hard (hardest) to play. But once you learn to block, blind and evade in perfection you can at least 50/50 most of matchups (except condi Mes and Warrior).

Condi Rev is actually pretty strong right now. I use Viper on mine, and it does incredibly well.

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Condi Rev is actually pretty strong right now. I use Viper on mine, and it does incredibly well.

I did play both builds and currently I’m playing power Rev myself this season. I saw in some 1 vs 1 tournaments casted by Jebro some players being able to beat every player and class with his power Rev (including hardcounters as condition Mesmer) and winning a couple of tournaments, but never saw a vid of a condi Rev doing it “decent” neither in PvP nor WvW roaming in the last five months -since the stability nerf in October-.

You need a full team covering your back as a condi Rev in PvP, no matter how skilled you are, whereas power Rev played at perffection still can fend for himself.

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: BeLZedaR.4790

BeLZedaR.4790

Power is better than condi for sure, condi needs some more sources of reliable damage to be viable because atm its too easy to avoid ALL of its damage with just 1 or 2 cleanses.

As for the OP: power rev isn’t bad now, the only issue is that DH/warr have an extremely low skill floor and skill cap compared to the rest of the classes and ofc this would be an issue in lower tiers (the skill floor) and also keep them out of the competitive scene (due to low skill cap). DH suffers from this more than warrior tbf because warrior has better matchups all around.
The biggest replacement for revenant right now though is a necromancer, because it simply does more damage and with an elementalist around the sustain difference is not as big. I think personally slight nerfs (NOT the Kappa slight nerfs but actual slight nerfs) to necromancer could put rev as a better competitor for the teamfight dps slot.
The sigil changes look to be a good time for revs too because thieves lose some spike and can’t kill you as fast.

For sure though, other specs of revenant need more than some meaningless alacrity.. Jalis got kind of nerfed in regards of the taunt CD too.

TL;DR: Rev is still ok, but on lower tiers DH and warrs are too dominant so it seems crap.

Make condi rev great again.
Top 25 solo condi rev S7

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

I did play both builds and currently I’m playing power Rev myself this season. I saw in some 1 vs 1 tournaments casted by Jebro some players being able to beat every player and class with his power Rev (including hardcounters as condition Mesmer) and winning a couple of tournaments, but never saw a vid of a condi Rev doing it “decent” neither in PvP nor WvW roaming in the last five months -since the stability nerf in October-.

You need a full team covering your back as a condi Rev in PvP, no matter how skilled you are, whereas power Rev played at perffection still can fend for himself.

Condi Rev is definitely not meant to be for a 1v1 role, but it shines in team play due to boon spamming, enemy boon stripping, group resistance and of course the constant AoE pressure. Although not an ideal 1v1 role, it can do quite well against certain classes, for instance I find dealing with Thieves is easier than on Power Rev.

(edited by Dariya.9380)

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Necros kinda count them to hard is what im finding personally

RIP revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

what condi rev is good at:
1. boon spamming, group resistance
2. with Rabid amulet condi rev can be a good point holder which is something power rev cant do
3. AOE condi pressure
4. Boon removal

power rev its a pretty decent 1v1 class and a plus 1 in teamfight whereas condi rev does fairly ok in a 1v1 suitation but its much more valuable in a team fight