Race for a revenant?

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I am thinking Sylvari as it fits my pattern of who gets what profession (a race can only be used once per armor class following my self-imposed rules). Asura would be my second choice but it has a few complications with who else gets the remaining professions. Although the longer we have to wait for HOT the more likely I will need to buy another slot or two for my revenant.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Aguasatori.7236

Aguasatori.7236

My revenant will be sylvari, just like my current main. Keep in mind that the sylvari will get a different experience in HoT. If you don’t want the possibility of turning into Mordy’s puppet, roll asura!

Borlis Pass
[SBZY] Guild Leader

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Mine will be either asura or charr, depending on whose animations I end up liking better.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Charr, and I better see some sweet spinning moves on Sword or I’m gonna be ticked.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

Mine will be Sylvari because Salad Fairies are cute and they are pretty much the main characters with how closely tied they are to current events.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

Mine’s going to be a female Sylvari, because my other two females are light and med armor. Plus I already have males thusly: two light armor, one med armor, and one heavy armor.

I have to admit, though – I’m confused on how being a Revenant works with starting out in the Dream.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Because of Rytlock, I feel like I need to make a Charr however I really like humans. Maybe I’ll just do both :\

Maguuma Guardian

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Alphaheart.5087

Alphaheart.5087

Charr Revenant would be mine
<3
clings to my future charr rev child

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

Human, because apparently I’m boring as all hell.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

So it looks like I am not the only one mulling over a sylvari … including the HOT lore issues and the armor class ones. The reason I do ‘a race can not be in an armor class twice’ is to make it easier for the achievement where you bind racial armor.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Bah, bunch of salads…..

/em Where’d I put that Italian dressing?

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Eggshells.1748

Eggshells.1748

Nothing boring about the best race in the game!!

My Rev is going to be a Human Male.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Yeah! We have Logan! Oh…

Attachments:

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Sylvari are the main characters? Only for now. Go with what you like to play. From a personal story standpoint (which is not changing) the Charr were the most engaging IMO, and the Asura have the best animations. But play what you like looking at.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: MetalBeard.3042

MetalBeard.3042

Norn because Norn. Also because favourite race.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Sylvari. With my particular armor set in mind with warden armor and dreamthistle sword and shadow abyss dye it has the perfect look in my mind for an assassin

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Crypt.9062

Crypt.9062

Eh…. Just go with human….. they are the master race.

And plz dont go asuran……they are midgets! who are destoying the world almost as much as the dragons.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

Just poking fun at the claim that “People who role Humans are unimaginative”

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Just poking fun at the claim that “People who role Humans are unimaginative”

Let the 76th Flame Games begin!

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

I currently have 2 sylvari (necro, ranger), 1 norn (war), 1 asura (ele main), 1 charr (engi) and 3 humans (mesmer, thief and guard). I am sure I don’t want more salads or norns, and Rytlock as rev is enough for me, so it’s battle between asura and human. If I decide for human I’ll probably replace my guard human with asura. Result will depends on asura’s animations. But I am 100% sure it’ll be male.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Got 1 Norn Ranger, 1 Asura Thief, 1 Char Engineer, 1 Sylvari Necromancer, 1 Human female Elementalist, 3 Human male Guardian/Warrior/Mesmer. Human is the race I like the most afterall, so I’ll get a 4th.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: makagoto.1204

makagoto.1204

already got 4 sylvaris(ele/necro,mesmer and ranger) but i like that style and my revenant will simply become another sylvari.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: HarbingerAzrael.5691

HarbingerAzrael.5691

Human Rev
purely because i only really like 2 races and already got 3 sylvari

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I’ve said this on similar threads before, but I’m going with Asura.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

i hope for sylvari, even though my real one will be human, for the next beta be fun to play different races, so when its live it feels fresh

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

Mine will probably be human.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

Good man. That is the proper choice.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

charrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

humans are boring meh
charr>>asura>>norn>>cabage>>human

orr human>>>>>cabage…hm…

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

(edited by Hvaran.6327)

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I want to make it Sylvari, since I don’t have a heavy Sylvari yet and their heavy cultural armor looks great. But I also want to make it Charr, because I just love everything about Charr.

But I also already have three Sylvari, two Charr, two Norn, one Asura, and no humans, so I should probably make it a human so I can at least see their story.

I typically try to avoid making humans in fantasy games, since they’re always the most boring race to be.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Charr cuz…when my Shaman Brimmestone comes cruising~

if i make a second one it will be a female human but for now…Charrrr

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I’m deciding between a female charr or a human male. Hell, maybe I’ll just make them both. I have two open character slots with HoT anyway….

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Themewise, I think humans and norn are probably the most revenant-oriented races. Humans because, let’s face it, all the legends so far are connected to human history (Ventari also to sylvari…) and norn since with the high regard norn have for legendary acts, it would probably seem natural for them to revere and seek to emulate those legends.

Sylvari come in between, with the Ventari connection.

Charr and asura seem the least likely, since the legends aren’t really part of the cultural background of either. One could easily come up with reasons for either, but they don’t fit as well as the other races.

Personally, I’m inclined to go with a norn male. Partially because I already have male and female each of every other race except asura, and norn seems to fit better from the reasoning above.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Mists are big part of Asuras lore, with I think 2 personal story tracks connected to them, plus Fractals expedition lead by Asura scientists.

While Norns are connected to the spirits, they have no interest for Human legends, since they only recently merged with them from centuries of isolation. Still, Norn shamans can open portals through the Mist.

Charrs have probably less interest in legends, but they need ancient magic to save their lands from ghosts. Rytlock, the first Revenant, is a Charr.

Can’t find anything to connect the Revenant to Sylvari except Ventari. However the same could be said for Engineer, but we know many Sylvari are interested in that, and a NPC even explains why. Plus Scarlet was an Engineer, so I honestly can’t see how a Sylvari can’t become interested in Mist magic.

Lore-wise, any race can be Revenant, and even if a race was very distant from it, an individual can have his/her own story to justify a profession.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Charr.

Do we really need an explanation? Badkitten is badkitten, even with censor on!

#CharrMasterRace

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Originally Norn because I only had 1 Norn toon, but after the recent Rev playtest, it’s human all the way, with a mist and ice theme.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Going full on human female demon/vampire because it will pair with a character in a book I wrote. Will be interesting if I can manage the torture build with all the heals from Shiro though.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’m going with norn, charr and asura.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: VentiGlondi.9830

VentiGlondi.9830

Probably a human because afro

also because none of my characters is a human

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I’m still deciding between male human, male sylvari, and male norn Going for a bald monk-like theme to make good use of the martial staff (though sylvari would not necessarily need to be bald). Any recommendations?

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Mists are big part of Asuras lore, with I think 2 personal story tracks connected to them, plus Fractals expedition lead by Asura scientists.

While Norns are connected to the spirits, they have no interest for Human legends, since they only recently merged with them from centuries of isolation. Still, Norn shamans can open portals through the Mist.

Charrs have probably less interest in legends, but they need ancient magic to save their lands from ghosts. Rytlock, the first Revenant, is a Charr.

Can’t find anything to connect the Revenant to Sylvari except Ventari. However the same could be said for Engineer, but we know many Sylvari are interested in that, and a NPC even explains why. Plus Scarlet was an Engineer, so I honestly can’t see how a Sylvari can’t become interested in Mist magic.

Lore-wise, any race can be Revenant, and even if a race was very distant from it, an individual can have his/her own story to justify a profession.

You’ll note that I couched it in relative terms, with the note that you can come up with an explanation for any. An asura revenant might be studying the Mists as you say, or may be a historian, channeling legends as a way of better understanding them and their impact on history. A charr revenant may be seeking charr legends (ideally not Flame Legion…), but consider the more easily available legends to be a step on the path. Or they may be making practical use of a power source, or looking to learn magic for dealing with ghosts to use against Ascalonian ghosts…

Like I said, there are explanations. I think they’re the least fitting, but there are certainly more outlier-esque combinations among the existing race/profession combinations.

Regarding norn: I haven’t seen any evidence that they don’t care about human legends. They do put more priority on their own, possibly in part because they feel it takes more to become a legend among norn than among humans (takes more to impress a norn than a human), but ultimately, a legend is a legend, and the legends that revenants can channel are those that were significant enough to impress the Mists. I don’t think that’s something the norn would overlook.

There’s also the likelihood that Jalis features in Norn legends as well, given the status of Jora (which probably comes from helping to take down the Great Destroyer as well as Svanir). The GW1 hero seems to have impressed them as well (there’s a quest chain that results in the GW1 hero’s reputation eclipsing that of the Olafson tribe, who was one of the most respected norn of the time) so it’s likely that the norn give enough credence to the GW1 hero’s stories to regard the foes that the GW1 hero had trouble with – such as Shiro and Mallyx – as also being impressive.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Yep. But I think that the legend-asura dialogues will be funny

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Asura #masterrace

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kevin Ardinez.8906

Kevin Ardinez.8906

Female Norn former pact soldier who died in Orr and brought back by Rytlock and became a Revenant? :P

how do you role-play a Revenant?

Pamation nato ron ang sugilanon sa usa ka kapuluanon

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Well, I have Sylvari, Norn, and soon a Charr at max level. My Asura characters keep getting shelved, so may I will do another Asura with the hope it won’t wind up parked at a JP.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Mike.3460

Mike.3460

I think I’ll either make a Human or Sylvari… somehow I like them most.

But maybe I’ll have to wait and see what the Elite Specialization for the Revenant will be… somehow the Dragon Hunter has given me the impression that a Guardian could fit something else than a Norn.

btw. I’m still kinda disappointed , that we didn’t get a new Race.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Human. Most armors look the best on them.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

Charr….ofcourse.. Best race ingame….and any game..

Piken Square

(edited by ImLegion.4018)

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Lonewolf Kai.3682

You can still be in my Warband Roy, despite the choice.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: ernestsco.7853

ernestsco.7853

Charr for life.

Race for a revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

Human for me maybe sylvari its a toss up between the 2

Sylvari mean