Raid Ventari Healer?

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Has anyone played a Ventari Healer in raid? If so, how was it?

Thanks!

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I played with Ventari/glint during the bwe3 mostly you can keep others alive but you are unlikely to save anyone who screws up.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I have found its a good sustain healer and good for keeping oh kitten moments from happening. But it won’t save someone that stands in the fire.

Ghost Yak

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Oh My God.8423

So Druid vs Ventari is essentially Burst vs Sustain… Health maintenance vs Emergence response…

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

So Druid vs Ventari is essentially Burst vs Sustain… Health maintenance vs Emergence response…

Issue is Druid is also very good at sustain healing. its been an issue thats been talked about in other threads and were hoping gets adjusted. But yes thats SUPPOSED to be the plan.

Ghost Yak

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gardios.3785

Gardios.3785

And Ventari can do burst as well.

I’ve been playing revenant as a healer in raids, and the biggest issue I’ve seen is that you really need to get healing power because the base heals are kind of bad, but scale incredibly well due to the massive outgoing healing modifiers. That also means you can’t really get a lot of damage stats though like druid. And then druid has Grace of the Land so there’s really not much revenant has going for it.

(edited by Gardios.3785)

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Possible, but you have to be good at timing, keep an eye on your Energy, pay a lot of attention to the Tablet, make sure your healing modifiers work (you can lose up to 65% outgoing healing increase if you screw up), spread regen around….

In general, there’s ton of stuff you have to pay attention to if you want to utilize it correctly and ultimately, Druid not only achieves that healing easier and more reliably, but also brings unique damage modifiers.

As Shadelang said, currently there are problems with identities of various healers/supports. At this point, basically everyone asks for a Druid.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: Cerpin.9152

Cerpin.9152

I would really like to give Ventari a try, but right now I’m a bit unsure what stats to go for…

Reading this
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_Ventari_Raid_Healer
and the discussion page, it could be any combination of Minstrel, Cleric, Nomad or Commander gear…

With all the modifiers we get through traits, I’d like to know where the sweet spot for healing power is ( avoiding bad scaling ) while having 100% boon duration.
I also like the idea of using some Commander gear to get a bit more personal dps, but I would still like my heals to feel significant.

Anyone got some math or experience to help me out?

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Oh My God.8423

I use Crusader weapons and gears and Cleric trinkets. Since I can have 40% Fury already, I don’t think I need that much precision to begin with. Besides there will be others to buff your crit chance to ~50%. Personally I am happy with one in two chances.

The heal is good; roughly about 75% of someone in full heal spec. The 75% estimate is BEFORE factoring the out-going heal modification of a Ventari. It is good enough for me anyway. However, at the moment, I am still unsure whether to take Nourishing Roots or Tranquil Balance.

Runes and Sigils are undecided at the moment. I use consumables to boost my boon duration.

Out of combat, Natural Harmony on its own, can be used 3 times before you run out of energy. I nonetheless managed to use it continuously yesterday in WWW without problem – but I was attacking and did not move the tablet all that much. Energy management is the key. Just remember: you cannot do everything at once – much like other classes really.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnLbkInEJqkZqEqpEIsklhlhdiM2YVADYPbt7C-TBhZABnq+TLKBvUXAAK/AA-e

(edited by Oh My God.8423)

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I aim for 50% boon duration in order to reach 100% with FoN up. You can achieve that by using Crusader’s/Minstrel’s armor pieces/weapons or things like Platinum Doubloons. Alternatively, you can just go for 40% and use Bountiful Sharpening Stone.

The reason behind stacking boon duration is amount of Protection and Regeneration + other boons you will be stacking on teammates.

Then you check your tank’s toughness and adjust your gear. Keep in mind that because we have an amazing design, portion of our healing power gets converted to Toughness which can screw up tanking and cause overaggro.

Ventari works nicely on Sabetha. Rest of the fights in this wing, Druid has upper hand.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

As people progress and become more competent (less mistakes), it is also nice to have a healer who can aid in finishing the fight faster – druid raid damage trait and utilities

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Thinking of trying to make a raid healing set, anyone have any luck with one? I would think you would be staying in Ventari the entire fight without switching to Glint. But you would also keep FoN going full time for the chrono quickness.

Would you pick the same gear as druid and go for zealots?

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Oh My God.8423

This is mine for the time being:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAWin3gmNSuQzJRboRlsP0pS4IaTJ4ENskFglhNjNCZNgDSwO3dDG-ThhZABnq+TLKBd7BAcpuAAU+l5FAAA-e

Runes and Sigils are undecided. But when I can afford it, I will get myself a Sigil of Transference

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

With that build it looks like you pan on tanking? If that is the case I wonder if taking sword/shield would be better than hammer.

Check out Rune of the Monk.

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Posted by: atenthirtyone.3806

atenthirtyone.3806

I tried it on the day of release, but my group ultimately all agreed a druid is generally stronger because of spirits an grace of the land trait. A rev is better off providing boons, and doing very solid personal damage. Hell, a tank rev is probably a better use of our class than being the healer.

Raid Ventari Healer?

in Revenant

Oh My God.8423

With that build it looks like you pan on tanking? If that is the case I wonder if taking sword/shield would be better than hammer.

Check out Rune of the Monk.

Well, yes and no.

Yes, it is a dps/tank setup. But it is mainly because Minstral’s are a bit too expensive at the moment. Besides, I do want some reasonable dps. I do not need much precision because of that 40% fury. So Crusader ended up to be a good fit.

No, tanking is more like a side effect. But still it seems to be a good set up for a tanker/healer with acceptable dps. So I am running with it to see how it goes.

I have actually a hammer, a staff, a sword and a shield. I do change around depending on if need to be staying at range or not. But yes Staff-Sword/Shield is a good tank/healer combo: two group heals one of which is a condi cleanse, one self-heal with block, two evades, protection, blind and projectiles destroy.