Raid builds?

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

What is the role of revenant in raids and what are good build for this?

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Glint/shiro for dps/support is the way to go atm. If support isn’t needed swap glint for mallyx and use EtD for dps and BE for boon stripping

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

This:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXmn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFitMppNtDIANwugJshA-TxRBABRcEAua/R5He6DA4UA8wDAgS1fMTJYAgDgf7bf/Nw5nf+5nfe/+7v/+7vlCIipWA-e

This rotation:
Start in Legendary Dragon Stance
Facet of Nature
Facet of Darkness
Facet of Elements
Facet of Strength
Facet of Light
Elemental Blast just before you run out of energy

Legendary Assassin Stance
Enchanted Daggers
Impossible Odds
Sword Auto

Legendary Dragon Stance
Facet of Nature
Facet of Darkness
Facet of Elements
Facet of Strength
Facet of Light
Sword Auto until Quickness runs out
Unrelenting Assault
Frigid Blitz
Sword Auto
Elemental Blast just before you run out of energy

Legendary Assassin Stance
Impossible Odds
Sword Auto

Repeat

(edited by gaspara.4079)

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sparrow.5936

Sparrow.5936

That’s more of a standard dungeon / PVE build rather than a RAID BUILD. That gear is ultra squishy too. Not sure scholar is the way to go in tough fights either.

Instead of copy and pasting the dungeon meta, how about some situational Raid builds rather than straight DPS.
IE:
-Tank Build
-Boon Removal
-Condi (Although maybe not optimal, something that can work if a group is desperate)

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

That’s more of a standard dungeon / PVE build rather than a RAID BUILD. That gear is ultra squishy too. Not sure scholar is the way to go in tough fights either.

Instead of copy and pasting the dungeon meta, how about some situational Raid builds rather than straight DPS.
IE:
-Tank Build
-Boon Removal
-Condi (Although maybe not optimal, something that can work if a group is desperate)

What are you talking about ultra squishy?? That’s what most Herald use in raid. Revenant are either full zerker or in a tank build. I don’t see any reason for a middle ground here.

The variation we see is taking Mallyx. Either because there is no chronomancer to boon rip the Blue Guardian or because you have enough quickness with your chronomancer and prefer the +10% stats from Embrace the Darkness.

Personnally, I prefer Rune of Strenght over Scholar for the first boss because most group only have 1 PS Warrior and the second group kind of rely on the Herald for might. For the second and third boss, I would prefer rune of Scholar but we don’t want to ask that of our Herald so we keep Rune of Strength for all 3 bosses.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sparrow.5936

Sparrow.5936

IE:
-Tank Build
-Boon Removal

What are you talking about ultra squishy?? That’s what most Herald use in raid. Revenant are either full zerker or in a tank build. I don’t see any reason for a middle ground here.

The variation we see is taking Mallyx. Either because there is no chronomancer to boon rip the Blue Guardian or because you have enough quickness with your chronomancer and prefer the +10% stats from Embrace the Darkness.

Personnally, I prefer Rune of Strenght over Scholar for the first boss because most group only have 1 PS Warrior and the second group kind of rely on the Herald for might. For the second and third boss, I would prefer rune of Scholar but we don’t want to ask that of our Herald so we keep Rune of Strength for all 3 bosses.

Rev doesn’t need to be in full zerk first of all.. a mix of valkyrie, zerk, and marauder is better. I’m not saying go into soldier or anything like that. When I see rev’s in full zerk I get sick to my stomach. Not at all necessary unless you don’t want to trait invocation for some reason.

Soooo… how bout some heal/tank/condi builds now?
I’m tired of this “only one build works” meta mentality.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Revenant’s best build for raid IS full zerk, you like it or not, rev’s DPS is amazing and you do it while providing a lot of boons, that is why we are in a great spot for the DPS role.

A mix of valk and/or marauder among the zerk pieces only creates a safe net for mistakes, with the cost of DPS.

For healing druids and tempest can do a much better job.

Cond builds revs are so far behind that it is not even funny, eng, ranger, berserker, dh and ele are better options.

Tank, now that can actually be an option (even though not an optimal one) but still you could do it with full zerker, since all you need is more toughness than the rest of your team, so with Glint’s trait that grants tou per facet you can be the tank.

So, if you want to go with other builds besides DPS or maybe tank, all you doing is making raid harder for the other 9 players in your team.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Thaddeus.4891

Rev doesn’t need to be in full zerk first of all.. a mix of valkyrie, zerk, and marauder is better. I’m not saying go into soldier or anything like that. When I see rev’s in full zerk I get sick to my stomach. Not at all necessary unless you don’t want to trait invocation for some reason.

Soooo… how bout some heal/tank/condi builds now?
I’m tired of this “only one build works” meta mentality.

Well you have 1000 Base Precision + 961 from full ascended zerker gear + 170 from Banner of Discipline + 150 from Spotter for a total of 2281 Precision

(2281-916) / 21 = 65% Critical chance.

At that you add 40% from fury + Rolling Mist to reach 105% witch is over the time. So you are true that a couple of Vakyrie piece would be better. But we are talking about 105 useless precision, which is less than spotter. It’s true that whatever you have a ranger with spotter you waste a big portion of his precision, but you don’t always have a spotter with you. Most people just don’t bother and go full zerker.

But you are right that a Vakyrie Chest or Amulet would be better in those situation. So are you sick to your stomach for 1 piece that could be Valkyrie instead of zerker? That seem a bit of an overreaction.

As for tank, there is already plenty of squad that used one in a Vale Guardian kill, what is wrong with that. It is better or worst than other tank, I freakly don’t know at all, but so far it seem pretty good.

It just leave us with condition and for that I have no idea. I just didn’t tried it, but why not. Berserker was found to be a very powerful condition profession, while Tempest is pretty good. We’ll to test out to see where a Condi Revenant situate itself. It take time to do those test, why don’t you do them if you don’t think that the community is fast enough for you.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: lxghostxl.5097

lxghostxl.5097

Full zerk and trailine on devestation ferocity since you will gef 90% crit chance from Invo trait line. Higher crit number the better. Also get blazing mushrooms mastery for 10% bonus attack speed. Always attack behind the target and not beside the tank because vale guardian have cleave. Rune of str and sigil of str with sigil of nullification for boon strip every 10 sec. Keep using the standard rotation like posted up there and every 10 second a blue teleport skill will show up underneath the larger number of group.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: lxghostxl.5097

lxghostxl.5097

There is also a heal tank rev that works really good coz u can tank and heal teamates that handle green aoe. Not yet tried usinng projectiles reflect on phase 3 but try it. Also good cc break and your self sustain heal and shield helps a lot.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

Condi rev is useless, sadly. Boonripper doesn’t need any special build, you just switch Glint for Mallyx.
What gaspara.4079 posted is proper rotation and Scholar runes are way to go, you are not getting hit by anything until after-split anyway and then you break the bar quickly with Staff 5, no problem staying at full HP.
(maybe it will be harder for other bosses, idk)

Vertor et revertor.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

Seems like the DPS dungeon build is the standard for raids since revs have more than enough innate tankiness to not die vs. bosses.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlEQJApnnfNuNSuJ7JRHlVlskyrS4SZWJorcskFUlQ96bMN4IZ9tuH-TBSTABDr+ThnAgpVGY4DAAg9HmVPwRKBvQpHpAgYaE-e

I’m yet to try this build due to trailblazer insignias being broken, but this would be high damage tank. Was making this more for WvW, but I guess it could work in raid.

Rev seems quite tanky to me (I’m tanking fractals quite nicely in celestial gear), but then again I’m thief also player, so naked elementalist would be tanky for me…

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

What worked in Fractals and Dungeons works in Raids for Revenant. Nothing has changed, you may only change trait or two if needed. Full Zerk.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

thanks for this thread and all the replies. exactly what i needed.

One question: anyone try celestial? Just curious b/c of the whole switching roles thing and it seems to work on eles which is a similar concept.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

thanks for this thread and all the replies. exactly what i needed.

One question: anyone try celestial? Just curious b/c of the whole switching roles thing and it seems to work on eles which is a similar concept.

Question is why? You are tanky enough in full zerk, celestial will just tank your dps.

Vertor et revertor.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

1. equip zerk gear and sword
3. equip shiro
4. press 1
5. ????
6. top DPS charts

It’s disgraceful that a class like this exists and also poops out boons like it consumed a bottle of laxatives at the same time.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

3. equip shiro
4. press 1
5. ????
6. top DPS charts

It’s disgraceful that a class like this exists and also poops out boons like it consumed a bottle of laxatives at the same time.

99,9% of all revs are just horribel bad and don´t even understand the basics of this class.
And non-rev haters are even worse.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Axiarus.2376

Axiarus.2376

3. equip shiro
4. press 1
5. ????
6. top DPS charts

99,9% of all revs are just horribel bad and don´t even understand the basics of this class.

Are you saying he is wrong? That is literally how to top charts with Rev.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

3. equip shiro
4. press 1
5. ????
6. top DPS charts

This is only basics. Bad revenants just DPS, good ones focus on supporting when DPSing.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I actually run full Marauder with berserkyrie trinkets. You do give up a little power and a chunk of ferocity, but it isn’t all that much and the survivability boost is significant. I make up some of the lost ferocity with furious maintenance oil.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

3. equip shiro
4. press 1
5. ????
6. top DPS charts

yes he is wrong. you dont top anything by just autoattacking.

[qT] Quantify

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Thaddeus.4891

3. equip shiro
4. press 1
5. ????
6. top DPS charts

Yes he’s wrong. We are talking about raid here and most revenant here don’t use Shiro, they use Mallyx. Shiro is a better option only if you have no Chronomancer or your Chronomancer can’t give you perma quickness.

In raid, you use 6 utilities skills, swap between the 2 legend and auto-attack. True, that doesn’t make it hard of a profession, but we are far from Shiro, Press 1 rotation.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I actually run full Marauder with berserkyrie trinkets. You do give up a little power and a chunk of ferocity, but it isn’t all that much and the survivability boost is significant. I make up some of the lost ferocity with furious maintenance oil.

mind if I ask what’s your raid progression currently?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

mind if I ask what’s your raid progression currently?

Still working on VG, but the group I am in is very casual and we have some folks that are lacking in the gear department. I’m not going to shout from the rooftops that how I do things is the best way, but it isn’t the reason we are slow making progress either (though it wouldn’t surprise me for someone to say that).

What I can say for sure is that we have people getting downed too often which hurts our dps, but I have almost never been one of them (unless a wipe has been called). I am also able to go into a zone that is lit up during phase 2/3 to revive a downed player and I think that has some value. Not sure I could do that with berserker gear on.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

3. equip shiro
4. press 1
5. ????
6. top DPS charts

Yes he’s wrong. We are talking about raid here and most revenant here don’t use Shiro, they use Mallyx. Shiro is a better option only if you have no Chronomancer or your Chronomancer can’t give you perma quickness.

In raid, you use 6 utilities skills, swap between the 2 legend and auto-attack. True, that doesn’t make it hard of a profession, but we are far from Shiro, Press 1 rotation.

oh sorry let me fix it then.

1. equip zerker gear and sword
2. equip relevent legend
3. press 1
4. ????
5. top dps charts.

of course it was an exaggeration, but it’s pretty hilarious that a class relies on the auto attack to maximize dps.

here’s a guide for WvW:

1. equip zerker gear and hammer
2. press 2
3. ???
4. obliterate everyone in sight.

Why is it that the easiest classes to play are the most rewarding too? one would think a class with a higher skill ceiling would have the potential to do the most damage when well played… instead we get revenant.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

3. equip shiro
4. press 1
5. ????
6. top DPS charts

oh sorry let me fix it then.

1. equip zerker gear and sword
2. equip relevent legend
3. press 1
4. ????
5. top dps charts.

of course it was an exaggeration, but it’s pretty hilarious that a class relies on the auto attack to maximize dps.

here’s a guide for WvW:

1. equip zerker gear and hammer
2. press 2
3. ???
4. obliterate everyone in sight.

Why is it that the easiest classes to play are the most rewarding too? one would think a class with a higher skill ceiling would have the potential to do the most damage when well played… instead we get revenant.

Revs do great dmg yes, but the best dmg? I don’t think so, many class builds played optimally probably out dpses it

Raid builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

many class builds played optimally probably out dpses it

not by AA-ing
see engi / ele / etc