Redeeming PT for Shiro

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

If they removed unblockable from PT and set the energy cost back to 20….would that redeem Shiro?….make it back the go to gap closer for Revenant.

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: orisci.6527

orisci.6527

That would be very acceptable to me

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

IMHO they should transfer that phase traversal unblockable thing to something else and leave phase traversal as gap-closer, like you said. Maybe rework impossible odds into some unique buff that takes 30-40 of your energy on activation.

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

IMHO they should transfer that phase traversal unblockable thing to something else and leave phase traversal as gap-closer, like you said. Maybe rework impossible odds into some unique buff that takes 30-40 of your energy on activation.

As far as I am concerned the Unblockable buff can stay in Devastation as an unlockable buff via trait selection.

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

yes please

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

As far as I am concerned the Unblockable buff can stay in Devastation as an unlockable buff via trait selection.

the reworking suggestion for odds is a terrible idea….

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

If they removed unblockable from PT and set the energy cost back to 20….would that redeem Shiro?….make it back the go to gap closer for Revenant.

That would be nice; after the nerf I found Shiro almost useless in most departments of the game and I’m very close to drop this legend and to use something more passive and condition related instead.

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I agree…..i really hate that PT now makes me use up so much energy i hardly have anything left to burst with.

Its amazing how important PT was to shiro legend use.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

(edited by Spartacus.3192)

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I’d be okay with that as long as the damaging part of it remains. That helps keep the target in combat when they flee. As it is now, a fleeing target is the only time I use PT, and only if I know I have help coming up behind me. Otherwise I’ve got nothing except AA. I used to actually like PT’ing and then Sword 5, to drag the target back. Can’t do that now.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Jack Skywalker.5674

I’d be okay with that as long as the damaging part of it remains. That helps keep the target in combat when they flee. As it is now, a fleeing target is the only time I use PT, and only if I know I have help coming up behind me. Otherwise I’ve got nothing except AA. I used to actually like PT’ing and then Sword 5, to drag the target back. Can’t do that now.

I never thought of trying that combo….I was to absorbed by staff/hammer gameplay (I simply like the playstyle of those weapons).

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I never thought of trying that combo….I was to absorbed by staff/hammer gameplay (I simply like the playstyle of those weapons).

I have been using that combo for a while in wvw when chasing people down. Fun thing is sometimes i had to use PT even from 500 range cause kitten pull is melee LOL

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

Sounds like a good idea. The unblockable has its uses in sPvP, but for the most part is not much required. And having a leap with 5 sec CD that does not damage cost 2/3 of your energy pool is stupid.

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I’m down for this. The new energy cost is just stupid and you really feel it in combat.

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

You can still do it, it just eats all your energy. If I do that it’s usually to either pull a target like a rev or warr out of crystal hibernation or shield stance or to get a bunker off point so my guy can decap. You can follow it up with a swap to glint and staff 5 for some great damage, but RIP energy. I’d personally welcome losing the unblockable if the energy cost went down. The fact that it kills your energy is pretty bad for me personally. As I play invo marauder (used to run berserker but I once got 2 shot by a teef so nope, not anymore) and mainly focused on +1 fights. Now not only is my +1 slower but I also have less energy afterwards to burst the guy fast and gtfo before I get overwhelmed by possible condi spam from a necro or condi warr.

But yeah, sword offhand is pretty beast, I can’t understand how people run shield xD so much more utility on sword off-hand, granted less healing but you can disengage decently off clones/minions/pets/entangling roots/indestructible terrain in khylo and the block has a ridiculously low CD coupled with the immob for burst setups or followed by riposting shadows to disengage, and prevent your target from immediately following you.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

(edited by Rekt.5360)

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

Removing the unblockable portion from the skill in favor of a shorter cool down would make the skill worse… The only thing that kites rev is thief or Mesmer

I do agree that the current energy cost at the moment is very taxing and makes it almost impossible to use in combos

(edited by JayAction.9056)

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

Personally I think this isn’t a good idea.

The unblockable attacks are just 2 and this has a certain reasoning behind it. PT (shiro legend) can be paired with Grasping Shadow (sword #5) to pull. Its an almost obvious combo that pulls your target (ideal for fleeing enemies or singling out an enemy). If these skills could be blocked then you dash forth and, in case of block, stay there!

Unblockable skills can still be dodged and miss. I don’t see why 2 unblockable attacks are so much of a big issue. I don’t think A.net nerfed PT cause of the two unblockable attacks in the first place.

No matter what, increasing a skill cost by 75% at once is a certainly a not-so-bright-idea!

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Someone at Anet forgot their original manifesto when it comes to revenant. Revenant was supposed to be as mobile as thief outside of combat which wasnt the case the moment they slapped 5cd, even less so with 35 energy crippling our ability to close gap. Now if we had other sources of mobility.. but thats not the case. At best we can count for Mallyx potato with short leap or axe 4 on 12cd that can be dodged.

They can remove unblockables, idc, but cd has to go and energy should be reduced to 25. Its already bugged skill and fails most of the time.. If they have a problem with mobility, they should consider reducing range to 900 instead.

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

At best we can count for Mallyx potato with short leap or axe 4 on 12cd that can be dodged.

And it also buggy as hell, sometimes goes on 3 seconds CD or won’t just shadowstep you to the target. Obstructed, obstructed everywhere.

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

Someone at Anet forgot their original manifesto when it comes to revenant. Revenant was supposed to be as mobile as thief outside of combat which wasnt the case the moment they slapped 5cd, even less so with 35 energy crippling our ability to close gap. Now if we had other sources of mobility.. but thats not the case. At best we can count for Mallyx potato with short leap or axe 4 on 12cd that can be dodged.

They can remove unblockables, idc, but cd has to go and energy should be reduced to 25. Its already bugged skill and fails most of the time.. If they have a problem with mobility, they should consider reducing range to 900 instead.

If revenant is ever as mobile as thief it will be nerfed into the ground, and tbh thief mobility is extremely over the top right now.

Reducing the cool down on phase traversal will make not a single fight easier (vs people that play a class to its full limitations) but removing the unblockable portion will surely make them harder.

I mean if you are in a rush to get to a fight that you are going to lose that’s cool too, but I don’t think that’s a good idea.

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Xenocidal.1709

Xenocidal.1709

I agree that the Phase Traversal energy cost nerf needs to be looked at – it’s just way over the top. It’s the worst feeling not having any energy to use abilities because you wanted to actually get close enough to fight them.

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I agree that the Phase Traversal energy cost nerf needs to be looked at – it’s just way over the top. It’s the worst feeling not having any energy to use abilities because you wanted to actually get close enough to fight them.

Even in PvE it sucks when you close the gap and basically have nothing else to follow up with except auto attacks, although I’m sure this problem is exacerbated in competitive modes.

I hope this upcoming quarterly patch addresses this issue, because I agree that there are better ways to adjust Phase Traversal without making it cost so much energy.

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

It already has a 5 second cooldown, the energy increase wasn’t necessary.
I wouldn’t mind the cost as much if weapon skills didn’t require energy also and it was reduced to 30 energy, though.

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

30 is still too much, it has to get back down to 20

Redeeming PT for Shiro

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

30 is still too much, it has to get back down to 20

25, 900 range and get rid of CD.