Release date and revenant..

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

October 23. Do you guys think they will polish rev enough by that time?

We still have nearly worthless Jalis, clunky Ventari and Mallyx which need some rework. Shiro outside of healing ability feels pretty well. Weapons also feels near complete but hammer may need some help as right now it has no means of kiting.

Main thing tho is…ton of lackluster traits.. Im a bit worried about that one

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Well we haven’t even seen BWE2 and there’s plenty of time for BWE3 + changes before launch.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I think its going to be pretty solid by then. Honestly I don’t expect too many more tweaks between now and then. Soon shall see though!

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

It can be polished even after the release if needed, don’t worry. The class will be broken and fixed multiple times, even if it’s perfect before the release.

Anyway the class has been improved a lot after just 2 beta tests, and there are still 2 more at least. I’m confident.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

The changes so far been too slow. It took 2 betas to actually get evade on “mist” skills. We are going with yet another beta that unfornately didnt touched any traits. Jalis hammers were changed, but were still going to have old reflective summon trait next beta etc

The main problem with this game as a whole is that balance patch occurs every 6+ months and in many cases thats some little tweaks/nerfs. Just look at warrior rifle – even after 3 years it still sux with basically no changes. I fear if they wont get rev right now, we may be stuck with trash class for few months.. espesially power builds with no access to condi removal nor tools to prevent condi application.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

slow is better then random or careless

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Thats why we have op eles for over a year already

/shrug

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

yeah just look at tempest changes. i prefer the current rate of revenant change.

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Thats why we have op eles for over a year already

/shrug

I dunno, cele ele’s were quite tame before the june 23rd patch, and before that happened, for quite a while they were pretty pants compared to shoutbow.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I love how people are so blinded by “omg shiro looks so cool” that they dont realize it’s not even that great lol
If anything Mallyx is the best legend they have atm

in Revenant

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

The thing is mallyx has no stunnbreaker something really bad in pvp. I mean sure you have one if you take the trait on leg swap but veterans will stun you to death just after you switched to mallyx.

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

The only things i’d like changed, is the stability change on Jalis reverted to what it previously was and Ventaris tablet auto summoning upon entering the legend.

And possibly the Ability to move the tablet being instant cast meaning it can be used while doing something else. It’s just too slow as it is right now to be used to actively counter things, by the time you swap to ventari, bring up the tablet and pop the projectile destruction ability, a ranger or whatever else is firing at you would’ve finished.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

I love how people are so blinded by “omg shiro looks so cool” that they dont realize it’s not even that great lol

I personally think that Shiro skill effects are poor. Im not a fan of dark green at all. I wish his theme was red/orange or simply purple like in gw trailer.

That said which other legend offers low energy stunbreak that also evades and provide endurance, decent gap closer to stick to your target, and 3 sec long aoe stun?

Mallyx? People can cc you 100-0 if you are in Mallyx.

Right now outside of poor healing ability, Shiro feels the most complete. And after all hes useful in both condi and power builds. Revenant has basically 0 mobility outside of Shiro.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I personally think that Shiro skill effects are poor. Im not a fan of dark green at all. I wish his theme was red/orange or simply purple like in gw trailer.

That said which other legend offers low energy stunbreak that also evades and provide endurance, decent gap closer to stick to your target, and 3 sec long aoe stun?

Mallyx? People can cc you 100-0 if you are in Mallyx.

Right now outside of poor healing ability, Shiro feels the most complete. And after all hes useful in both condi and power builds. Revenant has basically 0 mobility outside of Shiro.

Yeah and mallyx has a leap which creates a displace field, a skill that basically makes you completely immune to condis, an elite that increases all your stats by a pretty decent ammount without an absurd energy cost, unlike impossible odds, and the strongest heal the revenant has. Oh and boon removal, although admitedly I dont use that one often
Also, I don’t like stun breaks that move you out of your position which is why I dislike shiro mostly

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

I honestly think it’s not enough time, and we def won’t get enough betas.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I think next beta revenant will be in a pretty good spot. Plus one more after that. I think revenant will be ready for sure.

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

October 23. Do you guys think they will polish rev enough by that time?

We still have nearly worthless Jalis, clunky Ventari and Mallyx which need some rework. Shiro outside of healing ability feels pretty well. Weapons also feels near complete but hammer may need some help as right now it has no means of kiting.

Main thing tho is…ton of lackluster traits.. Im a bit worried about that one

I think Revenant is in a decent spot now and has two more betas to polish things up. I’m far more concerned about my ranger which will be lucky to get even ONE beta in to test druid at this rate.