Relevant Revenant patch notes

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Revenant

Precision Strike: This skill no longer targets enemies using stealth effects.
Phase Traversal: The cost of this skill has been increased from 20 to 35.

Incoming personal opinion:
You gotta be freaking kidding me!!!! That’s a serious nerf to PT. If that’s what’s going to be done. Remove the freaking Cooldowns!!!

Come on Anet. Are you wanting to actually drive Revenant players away from the game?

I don’t think I’ve ever been so kittened off about a class balance before such as this, but this is a ridiculous nerf.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

seriously..pt nerf just make the class more on par to balance..it’s not like it rendered the class “prepatch warrior-useless”, it’s still good and well viable, i guess only true rev will stay and all bandwagoners can go bandwagon the next FoTM

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

No, the PT nerf did not ‘make the class on par with balance’. It was unnecessary and didn’t address at all what needs to be toned down: Herald, but that goes for all elites. None of the core legends need anything in the nerf department and this one hurt Rev’s main build which is still easily shut down by condi, so no one can say it was OP or unbalanced when it had a clear counter.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

seriously..pt nerf just make the class more on par to balance..it’s not like it rendered the class “prepatch warrior-useless”, it’s still good and well viable, i guess only true rev will stay and all bandwagoners can go bandwagon the next FoTM

Yep, using a skill to close the gap and be a sitting rock with no energy to do anything else definitely bring rev closer to “balance”. Autoatk ftw after all.

Rev start to falling out of meta, thief can murder him as both heals are easily negated by him (Shiro heal is so kitten amazing after all.) and warrior dish out insane damage in teamfights (unlike rev autoattacking people) while still being good at +1. Both can clean conditions on their own too. The only reason to get rev right now is for boon support but theres ele for that so rev is not needed. If you mean closer to balance aka warriors few months ago then youre right, we got closer there.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I don’t agree with the crescent amount of players which think that Rev is losing ground in the PvP meta, BUT i think that the PT slaughter just killed Rev for roaming or dueling vs ranged foes. There’s no way you can fight against the insane amount of disengages from a Druid or a pistol Thief with a PT cost of 35, so your only future is to die slowly due condi/dot pressure while futilely pursuing them.

Most of roaming builds heavily rely on ranged damage + stealth/disengage and Rev currently has none of the three, so once you lost your only gap closing you’re dead.

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Yep, using a skill to close the gap and be a sitting rock with no energy to do anything else definitely bring rev closer to “balance”. Autoatk ftw after all.

Rev start to falling out of meta, thief can murder him as both heals are easily negated by him (Shiro heal is so kitten amazing after all.) and warrior dish out insane damage in teamfights (unlike rev autoattacking people) while still being good at +1. Both can clean conditions on their own too. The only reason to get rev right now is for boon support but theres ele for that so rev is not needed. If you mean closer to balance aka warriors few months ago then youre right, we got closer there.

main dps is auto and sword two which consume very little energy, seriously not sure the issue here…
and lol, clearly you don’t play warrior, warrior is no more of a point holder compare to power rev against multiple enemies and can be easily killed if focused (riposting shadow op), specially if there’s a thief with venom, the smash brawler build has only 2 stun break (one with long CD), compare to power rev has 3(all have relatively low CD and 2 doesnt consume energy). sure rev can be weak to condi mes, but it’s definitely not weak against warrior. seriously rev was never mainly for boon, like for real..this is not pve..i had just as much success on rev as on my war which i’ve mained for so long

(edited by lighter.2708)

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

main dps is auto and sword two which consume very little energy, seriously not sure the issue here…
and lol, clearly you don’t play warrior, warrior is no more of a point holder compare to power rev against multiple enemies and can be easily killed if focused (riposting shadow op), specially if there’s a thief with venom, the smash brawler build has only 2 stun break (one with long CD), compare to power rev has 3(all have relatively low CD and 2 doesnt consume energy). sure rev can be weak to condi mes, but it’s definitely not weak against warrior. seriously rev was never mainly for boon, like for real..this is not pve..i had just as much success on rev as on my war which i’ve mained for so long

Oh yeah, like anyone is stupid enough to wait for me to aa and not kite or sword 2 that might bug out at any time. Once i close gap i can do so much as press 2 and eventually autos but i wont have energy to defend myself. That basically means i have to always start with Shiro, swap legend as soon i close the gap and be a sitting duck cus rev has no real mobility other than PT. Imagine warrior having bullrush as their only way to close the gap.

And “you dont play warrior” lol i played it enough to know him in and out even tho i dont play him anymore and i called him meta right as the patch dropped cause AH is broken, anyone who was decent warrior and didnt need a popular streamer/metabattle build saw it from miles away. I dont play warrior, it just happened that i magically got 4,9k hours on him right?

As a side note, condi warrior faceroll rev.

Attachments:

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Since we’re going to pull the “you don’t play X class” card, I’m going to pull it on you:
“sure rev can be weak to condi mes” is a bit underwhelming don’t you think? More like condi-anything. Also, you act like revs have loads of energy to start with. Clearly you don’t play revenant……

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee