Remove energy cost from weapon skills

in Revenant

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

One of the bigger issues I have with Revenant is energy usage. Renegade aside, which everyone is saying has way too high of costs, I still think the energy usage in general is way too high.

There are times where I don’t use any abilities, because I"m trying to build up energy for a combo. To me, this is just wrong. I feel like we should be able to freely use our weapon skills, while being able to build up energy for our Legendary skills to perform some combos.

Currently, all I do is wait, use a couple skills, then have to switch. Repeat over and over with the most effective moves, because it isn’t worth using anything less.

The only change I think would be necessary with this, is potentially an energy increase on Shiro’s ultimate. And I’m not even sure that would be necessary.

in Revenant

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

No. This would make rev roo similar to orher classes. Taking away energy requirements of weapons would mean increasing recharge time of utilities and weapons too. Rev is about managing energy and, not spamming every skill on CD. This is a terrible change that I see suggested too often.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

The downside is a lot of the high energy costs make it so you can either auto attack and use a utility or two, or use some weapon skills with no utility. Plus not to mention they are throwing more cds then ever on rev anyways.

If it was purely energy costs and no cds I would understand but we have energy cost and cds. Maybe not remove the energy from weapon skills but something has got to change.

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

No. This would make rev roo similar to orher classes. Taking away energy requirements of weapons would mean increasing recharge time of utilities and weapons too. Rev is about managing energy and, not spamming every skill on CD. This is a terrible change that I see suggested too often.

My rev skills have the same CD"s as the other classes….so I don’t really see the bonus? The only exception are the utility skills. Which, with Renegade, also have high CD’s.

Energy management is still a thing. Utility is just as important for a rev, as it is for any other class.

The only difference this makes, is that we can use our weapon skills, instead of sitting around doing nothing waiting for energy.

in Revenant

Snowywonders.1378

My rev skills have the same CD"s as the other classes….so I don’t really see the bonus? The only exception are the utility skills. Which, with Renegade, also have high CD’s.

Energy management is still a thing. Utility is just as important for a rev, as it is for any other class.

The only difference this makes, is that we can use our weapon skills, instead of sitting around doing nothing waiting for energy.

The way I see it though, is if energy weapon cost is removed then utilities would get a large CD for sure, and for example, can’t constantly apply resistance with mallyx or not be able to use the dwarf elite super frequently or the stability skill. Either that, or increase the utilities skill energies even more which puts us back where we are. If we go with the first option, then the class will feel too similar to other proffesions imo.

TAke a look at hammer rev using mallyx in wvw, without weapon costs, it would be able to apply a lot of resistance + constant damage/reflects/aoe cc , that is too much. It should have to choose either one or the other, or balance both.

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

I’d rather have slightly higher costs on utilities. I don’t think the balance would shift nearly as much as you think.

Revenant apparently is pretty much considered trash around the board. I’m not a mix-maxer, so wouldn’t really know.

And higher costs wouldn’t bring us in the same boat. My concern is using my weapon skills more, so we can at least always be doing something without putting our utilities at risk of never being used.

in Revenant

Snowywonders.1378

I’d rather have slightly higher costs on utilities. I don’t think the balance would shift nearly as much as you think.

Revenant apparently is pretty much considered trash around the board. I’m not a mix-maxer, so wouldn’t really know.

And higher costs wouldn’t bring us in the same boat. My concern is using my weapon skills more, so we can at least always be doing something without putting our utilities at risk of never being used.

Slightly higher costs? Like 10-15%? At the cost of completely removing weapon skill energy? That would be ridiculous, even without the fact that rev has access to 2 sets of utilities. It would be broken in pvp and even more in wvw. It would likely push pve condi rev way above other dps classes. Not saying this is you, but people don’t think about consequences when they want to “balance rev” they come with the mindset that it should behave more similar to the other proffesions, and no it shouldnt, a lot of proffesions already feel too similar to each other in mechanics, or at least to me.. It’s the same with people that ask for energy management traits. Just no. It will push rev in pvp/wvw to be like thief in trickery being manditory because everything has been balanced around it now.

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

I think you’re over-estimating the change it will cause. I think it will be quite a bit less than you think. But its hard to say without actually trying it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

I agree with this 100%. Screw uniqueness if it’s actually going to make the class far worse than the rest. Think about it. Other classes just have cds no energy cost then there is Thief who is just energy and no cds. Revs get double screwed because they have cds AND an energy cost. It makes for some super bland gameplay. As it stands now you are lucky to use one utility with weapons skills before you swap again. It was suppose to be a push and pull feel to combat and I think having to swap legends on cooldown is ridiculous. Either make weapons skills not cost energy or remove their cooldowns it’s absolutely ridiculous that Revs get double boned on their skills. This way maybe we can fit in an extra utility or two before swapping again making the gameplay a lot more compelling.

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I disagree 1000% for two reasons.

1) It should be the cooldowns which are removed.

2) If they remove the energy cost instead then we’re left like every profession and to maximise DPS will be expected to manically change weapons every 10 seconds, as well as legends for the 50 free energy.

Madness multiplied!!!!!

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

I disagree 1000% for two reasons.

1) It should be the cooldowns which are removed.

2) If they remove the energy cost instead then we’re left like every profession and to maximise DPS will be expected to manically change weapons every 10 seconds, as well as legends for the 50 free energy.

Madness multiplied!!!!!

Your Logic is flawed in the sense that Revs still don’t work like other classes where we actually have a viable second weapon swap to switch to. Energy cost or no energy cost you are camping sword permanently. In other game modes such as PvP you weapon swap often anyway this change won’t affect that. Even still as I also said I’d be fine with removing cooldowns and leaving energy cost as well .. at least that gives us more versatility then we have now.

in Revenant

Snowywonders.1378

I agree with this 100%. Screw uniqueness if it’s actually going to make the class far worse than the rest. Think about it. Other classes just have cds no energy cost then there is Thief who is just energy and no cds. Revs get double screwed because they have cds AND an energy cost. It makes for some super bland gameplay. As it stands now you are lucky to use one utility with weapons skills before you swap again. It was suppose to be a push and pull feel to combat and I think having to swap legends on cooldown is ridiculous. Either make weapons skills not cost energy or remove their cooldowns it’s absolutely ridiculous that Revs get double boned on their skills. This way maybe we can fit in an extra utility or two before swapping again making the gameplay a lot more compelling.

So you’re solution is to make the class like others spamming on CD except with 2 sets
Of utilities. Great solution, you put so much thought into it.

And rev doesnt get “double screwed” they have access to extremely strong utilities (look at wvw) and also have 2 sets of them, it’s called a tradeoff. Maybe try finding the balance there.

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Your Logic is flawed in the sense that Revs still don’t work like other classes where we actually have a viable second weapon swap to switch to.

My logic is fine. Your claim is nonsense.

I play just fine and rarely use the sword.

(edited by Caeledh.5437)

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

So you’re solution is to make the class like others spamming on CD except with 2 sets

And rev doesnt get “double screwed” they have access to extremely strong utilities (look at wvw) and also have 2 sets of them, it’s called a tradeoff. Maybe try finding the balance there.

I just can’t even. First of all you act like Rev’s are super complex with their weapon skills as is. Guess what? They aren’t. In PvE you just spam AA and occasionally use Precision Strikes. This argument is null and void in PvP because you even with no energy costs you wouldn’t just spam your skills you use them as they are necessary and needed otherwise you die. You’d be no different than a Thief spamming heartseeker.

Secondly, what super strong utilities are you even talking about. They slapped cds on all the decent ones or just gave them super high energy costs so you can only use one utility before having to swap again. This class is nothing like it was originally designed to be. It wasn’t even supposed to have cooldowns ,but clearly they got lazy with trying to balance it so they said screw it “cooldown here … cooldown there… perfect”. Also as has been stated many times at least 1 utility (sometimes more) in every legend are completely useless and unchangeable.

The end product is a class that doesn’t have any stronger utilities then any other class (Hell I’ll even go as far as to say they are worse than any other class where is the freaking condi cleanse utilities?) that has both cooldowns and insanely high energy cost. I think removing energy cost is a better idea because if you remove cooldowns instead you are left with Thief which is a 3 skill rotation and is also incredibly boring in PvE. Not that Rev would be or is currently better with their stupid sword AA spam.

in Revenant

Snowywonders.1378

I just can’t even. First of all you act like Rev’s are super complex with their weapon skills as is. Guess what? They aren’t. In PvE you just spam AA and occasionally use Precision Strikes. This argument is null and void in PvP because you even with no energy costs you wouldn’t just spam your skills you use them as they are necessary and needed otherwise you die. You’d be no different than a Thief spamming heartseeker.

Secondly, what super strong utilities are you even talking about. They slapped cds on all the decent ones or just gave them super high energy costs so you can only use one utility before having to swap again. This class is nothing like it was originally designed to be. It wasn’t even supposed to have cooldowns ,but clearly they got lazy with trying to balance it so they said screw it “cooldown here … cooldown there… perfect”. Also as has been stated many times at least 1 utility (sometimes more) in every legend are completely useless and unchangeable.

The end product is a class that doesn’t have any stronger utilities then any other class (Hell I’ll even go as far as to say they are worse than any other class where is the freaking condi cleanse utilities?) that has both cooldowns and insanely high energy cost. I think removing energy cost is a better idea because if you remove cooldowns instead you are left with Thief which is a 3 skill rotation and is also incredibly boring in PvE. Not that Rev would be or is currently better with their stupid sword AA spam.

I never said, nor acted, that rev is complex, no classes are truly “complex”. . And lol at pvp, remove weapon energy there? Can you even imagine how that would go? Take the meta power rev, so you want the defensive abilities of staff 3, 4, 5 ,sword 3, and shield 4 5 to have no energy costs with the addition of constant use of 2 sets of utilities lol. Shiro would be crazy.

Mallyx legend in wvw ,pain absorption. Aoe resistance to allies on zero CD except waiting on energy isnt powerful? Lol. Yeah lets have rev use all his hammer abilities on CD, the damage, reflects, aoe kd with constant resistance to allies. Great thinking. Rev is already top tier there.

In pve condi greatly overshadows power and has a no more complex rotations than other proffs, so what exactly is your point? And I would love for power to be competitive, but it isnt because anet doesnt want to do separate game mode balances.

in Revenant

Posted by: Garr.1823

Garr.1823

I’d rather have slightly higher costs on utilities.

In fact utilities already cost too much for me.
As an example – in Mallyx I use only (~90%) “Pain Absorption”, cause it costs 35, and using something else will bring your into vulnerable state, when you will be unable to stun break/gain resistance. Add the fact, that resistance will not clean conditions from you, and when it will fall down – you will get something like 3-4k bleed damage per second. So, when you are facing a high condi pressure (any competent necromacer) you are forced almost not to attack to save some energy – or you will be unable to stunbreak when/if he will freeze/fear you.
I wish I would use “Unyielding Anguish” much more, but it costs 30, with a Mace N3 change (leaping out) it lost synergy.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

What the hell are you talking about? Revenant weapon skills on average already have longer cd’s than warriors and guardians and they don’t pay any energy for them.

in Revenant

Posted by: nedlee.5943

nedlee.5943

A bad idea that many people suggest without much thought.

When energy costs are removed they can spam weapon skills all the time, and can use utilities lot more – but what does that exactly solve? These skills will be nerfed or have even longer cooldowns for PVP/WVW. In PVE you’ll be still turning on upkeeps and autoattack. You still swap stances or just wait when you run out of energy.

If anything, what rev needs is more ways of managing energies, and removing energy cost is not the solution.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arkaile.5604

Arkaile.5604

Yes, but that doesn’t mean anet’s balance team would take those other classes and what they can do into account when removing energy costs from rev weapon skills. Judging by how anet still changes energy costs here and there, they still see it as a way to balance the strength of abilities in addition to cds. If energy costs were removed it’s likely we’d also get even longer cds to compensate. Personally, I’d much rather have SotM cost 15 energy and have a 20sec cd instead of having a 30sec cd or something even longer. The same goes for all our other weapon skills.

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

When energy costs are removed they can spam weapon skills all the time, and can use utilities lot more – but what does that exactly solve? These skills will be nerfed or have even longer cooldowns for PVP/WVW. In PVE you’ll be still turning on upkeeps and autoattack. You still swap stances or just wait when you run out of energy.

If anything, what rev needs is more ways of managing energies, and removing energy cost is not the solution.

A lot of what you said didn’t really make sense. You also contradicted yourself.

“We’ll just be spamming skills”
“You’ll still just sit there auto attacking”

Can’t really do both.

As for Arkaile. Whether ANET takes this idea, and botches balancing or not is not up to me. I’d rather have some change, in hopes for better.

Because right now, Revenant is in a really bad place. And I’d rather gamble for it being even worse, at the chance of it being better.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

A lot of what you said didn’t really make sense. You also contradicted yourself.

“We’ll just be spamming skills”
“You’ll still just sit there auto attacking”

Can’t really do both.

As for Arkaile. Whether ANET takes this idea, and botches balancing or not is not up to me. I’d rather have some change, in hopes for better.

Because right now, Revenant is in a really bad place. And I’d rather gamble for it being even worse, at the chance of it being better.

^ this. It could work out to be fine taking energy off weapon skills with some adjustments to utilities. It could also end horribly. But looking at how limited rev is now. I think I would take that gamble in hopes of something better.

And also in PVE i would like to be able to use weapon skills and not have them drastically reduce my dps because it depletes all my energy. Auto attack and spam a single utility is just… soo much fun.

in Revenant

Posted by: nedlee.5943

nedlee.5943

You also contradicted yourself.

Let me rephrase that. People believe they can spam skills when there is no energy cost for weapon skills, but Anet will increase the cooldowns to compensate that so you won’t be spamming much. Or they will be just made weaker. I really fail to see why this is better.

in Revenant

Posted by: Garr.1823

Garr.1823

Let me rephrase that. People believe they can spam skills when there is no energy cost for weapon skills, but Anet will increase the cooldowns to compensate that so you won’t be spamming much. Or they will be just made weaker. I really fail to see why this is better.

Cooldowns on revenant weapons are already same or compatible with other professions. Simply compare “Sword” or “Axe” in wiki.

In the addition – they are usually bugged.
Mace – 2 of 3 skills are bugged. Sword – 2 of 3 skills are bugged. (In fact – EVERY skill except auto-attack.)
Axe – 1 of 2.

kitten , that’s a scary statistics… I would say that someone in development sabotaging the job or they already developing something else and don’t care much about the game.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Just gimme short cds on all utilities, remove energy cost completely from them and weapon skills, remove cd on legend swap along with energy gain/reset on swap.

Honestly current concept has failed and i rather have energy for upkeep skills only – and while we are at it, upkeep skills on weapons would be pretty nice for example hammer 4..

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

That’s my point … Everyone is so scared about what would happen if they made these changes ,but at least they would be doing something. Something is better than nothing. I can even say with 100% certainty that removing this classes energy cost on weapon skills would not make it OP just more fun to play. The whole point of the cooldowns is to make sure that none of the weapon skills are OP else they wouldn’t be there. If not having energy on weapon skills allows us to keep an upkeep skill up a bit longer or use an extra utility that’s HARDLY going to make us OP. A slight buff at most that will make the class a bit more enjoyable to play since you actually get to use some abilities here and there rather than just using AA.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Just remove energy altogether. It’s pointless resource management with no reward whatsoever. That, or remove all cooldowns, though that’s harder to balance for obvious reasons.

At the end of the day, revenant needs a redesign, because it has problems everywhere. Some ideas here.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

Well we definitely can’t remove CD’s for weapon skills.

As much fun a spamming Sword 3 would be, it just wouldn’t be fair haha.

in Revenant

Posted by: Eversor.5186

Eversor.5186

you need to find a good rotation thats all…and always swap legends, auto attacks ain’t a bad thing espacially on condi rev with mace,find ways to blind etc…but on renegade f2 f3 f4 shouldn’t cost….I barely used em

in Revenant

Eversor.5186

the only utility I do spam sometimes is banish enchants on boon heavy opponent

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

you need to find a good rotation thats all…and always swap legends, auto attacks ain’t a bad thing espacially on condi rev with mace,find ways to blind etc…but on renegade f2 f3 f4 shouldn’t cost….I barely used em

Eh, effectiveness isn’t entirely the key. “Auto attacks” shouldn’t be something you rely on in GW2 imo. I’d rather be doing stuff, instead of doing nothing.

in Revenant

Eversor.5186

lol thieves rek on auto attack….and mace auto on condi rev is key

in Revenant

Eversor.5186

using attacks requires lots of legends swap, it’s like you are going to do 2-3 attack skills ,swap legend, defense buff, attack skills(2-3), swap legend etc…when I am stayin on 1 legend it’s because I dont have lots of presure…and building energy goes pretty fast.

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

I think you’re missing the point. It’s not that spamming AA’s isn’t effective .. it IS the ONLY thing that’s effective that’s the problem. It’s not fun to just use one skill. Sure Condi Rev doesn’t have this issue exactly ,but Power Rev does. The point of removing energy costs from weapon skills is so we can use MORE skills without completely destroying our energy to the point we can’t use but a single utility before swapping. Rev is already one of if not the lowest APM classes in the game it would be nice to fix that.

in Revenant

Eversor.5186

exemple…hammer/jalis I’ll taunt make an attack ,lay down the road, swap legend, unyelding,blast in,banish, when legend swap is rdy I swap while swaping weapons, taunt, etc I keep elite skill for break stuns on dwarf….always swaping , I suggest drop herald and go pure rev for pvp

in Revenant

Eversor.5186

you arwe not supposed to stay on a legend to build your energy to 100 cmon, swaping in combat will always gets you over 50, find your rotation….I mean….If I lack energy I played wrong

in Revenant

Eversor.5186

it’s no use stayin for too long on 1 legend it’s that way you block yourself from using abilities lmao

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

you arwe not supposed to stay on a legend to build your energy to 100 cmon, swaping in combat will always gets you over 50, find your rotation….I mean….If I lack energy I played wrong

Just an FYI, there is an edit button. No reason to create 3 separate posts in a row. It is normally deemed against forum policy to double post, let alone triple+.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

But he’s right. Every experienced Rev, every guide, every DPS rotation, every math you can do: you must swap legend on CD.
It’s the most efficient way to generate energy. Of course it’s better than staying in 1 legend doing absolutely nothing until your energy recharges. It’s a no brainer.

That being said, energy costs are too high. It’s absurd to see 30-40 energy cost on skills when you start with 50.

If I’m supposed to camp Kalla to do more than 2 skills, it means that all our dps and skill output is damaged in comparison to Herald.

in Revenant

Posted by: SidewayS.3789

SidewayS.3789

You are right Kidel, but why should spam swap legend everytime CD is on, to gain energy.Besides, we have utilities and weps skills with energy requirement.I play with condi rev, and i mostly spam auto-attack and skill #2 and them swap on Jalis for hammers, change Mallyx for elite and so so so on.
With Renegade, i guess we will camp Kalla then Mallyx and back and forth.

[Main]Kappy Ry – Asura Guardian [~You are all,Bookahs !!!~]
[Second Main]Korvus Mistreaver – Charr Revenant [~I’m blind not deaf~]
[Third Main] Vladdz – Asura Engineer [~In due times, all will serve asura~]

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Energy costs can be rebalanced but doing away with them completely is a horrible decision which would just make the class another spammy brainless class.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Revenant

Fractured.3928

Changing legend on CD is bad imo. The way I play my other classes, is I swap weapons according to the situation, not because I have to.

As Rev, you HAVE to swap, no matter the conditions, if you want to continue doing anything beyond auto attack.

I’d much rather switch because I want to, or the situation calls for it, over having to switch in order to continue being active.

EDIT: I might also add, to all these “Don’t want to be a brainless class”, I personally think Rev is the most brainless of them all. Every other class has access to all of their skills, yet Rev only has access to its top tier skills because you can’t be bothered wasting energy on anything less.

I would much rather use all of my abilities, over just a couple.

(edited by Fractured.3928)

in Revenant

Snowywonders.1378

What the hell are you talking about? Revenant weapon skills on average already have longer cd’s than warriors and guardians and they don’t pay any energy for them.

Warrior shield 5, 25 sec CD. Rev staff 3, half the CD and damages and blinds too.

Warrior hammer 5, 25 sec cd and only hits 1 target. Rev staff 5, 20 sec CD except it evades and hits 3 targets.

I’m sure you can find more

in Revenant

Snowywonders.1378

That’s my point … Everyone is so scared about what would happen if they made these changes ,but at least they would be doing something. Something is better than nothing. I can even say with 100% certainty that removing this classes energy cost on weapon skills would not make it OP just more fun to play. The whole point of the cooldowns is to make sure that none of the weapon skills are OP else they wouldn’t be there. If not having energy on weapon skills allows us to keep an upkeep skill up a bit longer or use an extra utility that’s HARDLY going to make us OP. A slight buff at most that will make the class a bit more enjoyable to play since you actually get to use some abilities here and there rather than just using AA.

Removing energy weapon costs is a slight buff? Lol
And no one is scared. Just think of a not lazy solution to your problem. This solution is on par with people asking for ranger pet to be removed because they don’t like it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Selfaron.4273

Selfaron.4273

Warrior shield 5, 25 sec CD. Rev staff 3, half the CD and damages and blinds too.

Warrior hammer 5, 25 sec cd and only hits 1 target. Rev staff 5, 20 sec CD except it evades and hits 3 targets.

I’m sure you can find more

Now lets check some facts: warrior shield 5 last 50% longer than rev staff 3. About damage at staff 3 i just don’t know what to say… it is 1/3 of staff auto damage and staff auto damage is really low. If you want real comparision try rev shield 5. It has same duration, SAME CD, small heal and you are immobile, while on warrior shield 5 you can move but there is no heal. Also you can trait warrior shield to have 5 second LOWER CD than rev shield while also reflecting every projectile.

Now, about warrior hammer 5 and rev staff 5. I, once again, am not sure what are you on about, when you compare knockback with knockdown. During hammer knockdown war can damage enemy, rev during his knockback is playing staff 5 animation. Besides, warrior hammer also can be traited to have same cd as rev staff 5. Also, warrior hammer is cc weapon, rev staff is defensive one, yet the only cc that rev staff has is on same cd as warrior hammer longest one (i don’t cound staff 2 flip skill as a reliable cc, sorry).

All in all, on your own examples we see that rev has ~same cds as warrior on weapon skills, so what was your point again?

in Revenant

Posted by: Selfaron.4273

Selfaron.4273

There is no need to nerf weapon skills or utilities if they remove energy from weapon skills. They will need to change cd on some weapon skills to make it more balanced (they can’t nerf abilities we spam in pve rotation now, for example mace 2 and 3, it will gut our damage and we will need another buffs to make us on par). Also they will need to increase energy cost on utilities since we will finally be able to save energy for them, and thats about it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

You are right Kidel, but why should spam swap legend everytime CD is on, to gain energy.Besides, we have utilities and weps skills with energy requirement.I play with condi rev, and i mostly spam auto-attack and skill #2 and them swap on Jalis for hammers, change Mallyx for elite and so so so on.
With Renegade, i guess we will camp Kalla then Mallyx and back and forth.

Roy probably initially designed Revenant’s main mechanic with the intent of making it mandatory to use, as every other class mechanic.

That’s why he insisted on Weapon skills having energy cost (even when confronted many times on the matter).
While I agree on the principle, in the substance we need to have lower energy consumption. This way you’re still forced to swap, but weaponskills consume way less energy (like 1-5).

If they wish to keep energy on weaponskills to avoid legend camping, I can understand it, but weaponskills already have CD, so they should not contribute to our energy depletion as much as Utility skills do.

in Revenant

Posted by: LucianTheAngelic.7054

LucianTheAngelic.7054

Just posting to say I highly disagree with this idea. The class is fine as it is right now. It’s useful in every. single. game mode. at the moment even if it’s not used for most speedclears.

The profession plays fine and energy management as it is now is fine. It requires a patient and precise playstyle that takes a lot to master and that is totally fine. If rev doesn’t work for you guys mechanically, find a class that does.

As a rev main I don’t want the class to become overpowered again and then suffer another 2 years of nerfs. It’s already top tier in pvp and wvw when played expertly and that caused a lot of heartache for pve revs. Removing energy costs on weapon skills will cause way more issues than it will solve. And same with adding a way to get more energy.

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

Removing energy weapon costs is a slight buff? Lol
And no one is scared. Just think of a not lazy solution to your problem. This solution is on par with people asking for ranger pet to be removed because they don’t like it.

If you think its more than a slight buff you’re insane. You don’t even use skills in PvE for max DPS you literally just auto on sword that’s it and auto already doesn’t cost energy. As far as PvP is concerned the skills all have cooldowns again it doesn’t change a thing in regards to the weapons skills. This change only allows us a slight increase in utility usage which is not a huge buff by any means. Rev is a braindead class that will remain braindead until it actually requires more than the bare minimum APM to play it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Selendile.9106

Selendile.9106

Should just be a mechanic where your legends are separate F keys. Activating a legend
starts the CD as usual…..but once it’s finished you can press the same legend’s F key to instantly restore 50 energy, restarting the CD. This way nothing changes, but you can sit in one legend without sacrificing DPS.

EDIT: To be clear, this is no different from switching legends for the 50 energy, just minus the actual “switching legends” part. Nothing would even need to be re-balanced.

EDIT 2: it even allows rev to have kind of an “oh kitten” thing where, for example, you may be in Mallyx and NEED a quick party-wide resistance buff……so you can quickly hit Mallyx F key and have the energy to do it, even if you’re already in Mallyx.

(edited by Selendile.9106)

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

Should just be a mechanic where your legends are separate F keys. Activating a legend kicks starts the CD…..but once it’s finished you can press the same legend’s F key to instantly restore 50 energy, resetting the CD. This way nothing changes, but you can sit in one legend without sacrificing DPS.

EDIT: To be clear, this is no different from switching legends for the 50 energy, just minus the actual “switching legends” part. Nothing would even need to be re-balanced.

Even that’s a great idea ,but the whole “Rev is perfectly fine and balanced” argument is getting old.