Renegade Confirmed.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

And there is no eye-roll-gif in existence that can sum up how exasperating it seems…

“Summon Charr adds! And open Portals behind your enemies!” Relying on AI to do damage and becoming a portal bot, just what revs needed!!!!

I guess our home is secure in the WvW meta at least.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Milan.9035

Milan.9035

I didnt get that impression at all. Looks like a cooler mesmer.

The helm looks alright. The bow looks cool

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Is it a bow or shortbow in the end? And who rev will channel? I havent bothered to watch it at all. Hype is not my thing.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Foraoiye.4506

Foraoiye.4506

It’s a shortbow as confirmed in their youtube description.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

We don’t know much about it yet, seems like everyone has footage of every elite spec but Renegade.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Looks pretty lame I think, but I’ll give it a try.

“Instead of shooting arrows at your target, shoot your arrows in a portal, and have them reappear on top of you and fly towards your target…” Ya, I’m not sure what they were thinking. If these portals are affected by projectile reflect, I’ll die of laughter at what the point is of shooting arrows in a portal rather than at your enemy directly.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The portal-arrow animation is actually quite cool. It pretty much bombards an entire area.

The warband summoning is clearly like mesmer’s phantasms. One of them even has the same animation (the whirlwind axe).

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Everything seems as was leaked. The shorbow is a good selection (albeit I would prefer pistol or longbow) but the pet AI thing is a total waste (the game already has a bunch of classes using pets). Also, the rate of fire seems glacial.

I have no clue about if it’s going to help the Rev to win duels, specially taking in consideration that the Thief and Mesmer specs will have access to EVEN MORE stealth.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Foraoiye.4506

Foraoiye.4506

I found some more renegade footage, can’t say it looks really exciting compared to the other elite specializations. Will have to try it for myself.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

So a ranged, Condi, ai specialization… pretty much the last thing I would want from a new e-spec. Just hope these new specs don’t power creep the game making classic power rev even more obsolete.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Lmao. So Kalla which was using greatsword will end up using a shortbow with mesmer clones. Yeah i like the animations of bow and all but i will definitely wont bother with this xpac. Good luck pals

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Going to wait and to give judgment until after beta weekend. Have a feeling that the bow skills are a rip from Thief shortbow skills. Summoning npc’s sounded petty lame though.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Rym.1469

I found some more renegade footage, can’t say it looks really exciting compared to the other elite specializations. Will have to try it for myself.

That’s a lot of fancy looking skills, but they don’t seem to be doing that much interesting stuff.

If anyone gets hands on full legend/weapon/trait preview, please post it in here.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

From all the new elites this seemed to be the least interesting. Conditional range will be nice, but if we have to give up Glint there is much that the new line must offer.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

From all the new elites this seemed to be the least interesting. Conditional range will be nice, but if we have to give up Glint there is much that the new line must offer.

If you’re going to spec condition as this new weapon suggests, then corruption and herald will still be the automatic go to traits. It’s either retribution or invocation (depending on what you’re using) that everyone will drop for the new spec.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Rym.1469

If you’re going to spec condition as this new weapon suggests, then corruption and herald will still be the automatic go to traits. It’s either retribution or invocation (depending on what you’re using) that everyone will drop for the new spec.

You can’t slot two elite specs at once. With Renegade you won’t be able to use Herald.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

A little off topic … Glint in condition damage is a thing to begin with?. I suspect this elite spec, if it supplies a condi shortbow … will suspect it supports a condi and/or shortbow build in the first place. At least much better than Glint ever did.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Temihal.8651

Temihal.8651

I didn’t know what to expect, but I have to say that I’m kinda optimistic about Renegade.
Shortbow give us bleed, burn and torment which is good (depending on numbers, obviously).
I totally didn’t expect the summons and we still don’t have any detail so I’ll suspend my judgment on that for now. From what I got we’ll have an AoE heal, a buffing one (I suppose AoE too), a melee damage (cleave) one and a ranged one (single target, may be the elite). We’ll see.
The F skills seemed ok, really not many information other than, I think, the F3 is another source of burn…?

I don’t know, it’s still too early to judge, but we know for sure that it’s condi ranged with bleed, burn and torment. If trait-wise it’s gonne work well enough with the Corruption line I will be satisfied.
But I’ve always liked condi Rev more than power, so I see how someone who whised for a solid power spec would be way less interested.

PS: I didn’t see skills which may bug too easily, yay!

A little off topic … Glint in condition damage is a thing to begin with?. I suspect this elite spec, if it supplies a condi shortbow … will suspect it supports a condi and/or shortbow build in the first place. At least much better than Glint ever did.

Glint has a burn, a good heal and might + fury are never bad. But even then it’s not the best choice in a condi build.
So no, Renegade will not miss Glint.

(edited by Temihal.8651)

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

You can’t slot two elite specs at once. With Renegade you won’t be able to use Herald.

Ah right… I forgot.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Glint has a burn, a good heal and might + fury are never bad. But even then it’s not the best choice in a condi build.

Glint provides through Elemental Blast fire damage and chill (which also provides torment when properly traited). I did spent most of my time in the current PvP season playing a condition build with Glint + Mallyx and the Deadshot amulet (albeit most of the time was in gold 3 and wasn’t able to reach plat). I do think that Glint is better than Shiro for condi builds (way better cleave damage and cc) but anyway the new legend should be way better with conditions and I do expect Mallyx + whatever to be a decent combo… Or at least was what I hoped until I saw the pets. The only pet build that works in the game is Mesmer and only because has stealth…

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: MMOStein.3872

MMOStein.3872

Il take anything that lets me stop playing kittening glint.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: tuvok.7806

tuvok.7806

I’m very curious to see the F2-F4 skills. From what we’ve seen so far, I’m “Meh”. NPC’s are terrible things to add. I thought ANET learned it’s lesson with the mobile turrets aka gyros.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: FairyNuff.3452

FairyNuff.3452

Renegade looks ace, nice enough for me to get over how I hate Condi builds to play it.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

Wake me up when i can use a greatsword.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Rym.1469

https://i.imgur.com/bTcuJNnr.jpg

Everything but traits.

It looks quite random, with no one mechanic that ties it all together, not gonna lie. Some might, a bit of alacrity, some lifesteal, some sun spirit that applies bleeds instead of burns. Overall, looks like a lightweight support with some bonus condition damage. It will be a tough sell in WvW if the spawned legend AIs can be killed (since they have to persist in order to do things) and it lacks a defensive skill for PvP. Also, notice the massive Energy costs of the F2-F4 skills, upwards to 40. In general, reminds me of Ritualist – Warband AI members are basically Ghosts.

As for the weapon it looks fairly generic from a mechanical standpoint. Zoning tool, a CC, two standard damage dealing abilities, one which is basically Ranger’s Rapid Fire, but with Torment added. Plus for cleaving AA. Doesn’t seem to have any bigger gameplay theme or mechanics that stand out. The portal thing sounds like a purely visual thing.

Not the best, probably not the worst as a whole. We will have to wait and see the traits.

(edited by Rym.1469)

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Brian.6435

Brian.6435

Would be nice to be able to utilize this and herald. I mean I can’t imagine a revenant without the herald passive buffs anymore to be honest. Like 90% of revenants utilize Herald.

Would love to be able to switch out hammer for bow and use Herald/Renegade.

I would imagine you can still only choose 1 specialization line.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Glint provides through Elemental Blast fire damage and chill (which also provides torment when properly traited). I did spent most of my time in the current PvP season playing a condition build with Glint + Mallyx and the Deadshot amulet (albeit most of the time was in gold 3 and wasn’t able to reach plat). I do think that Glint is better than Shiro for condi builds (way better cleave damage and cc) but anyway the new legend should be way better with conditions and I do expect Mallyx + whatever to be a decent combo… Or at least was what I hoped until I saw the pets. The only pet build that works in the game is Mesmer and only because has stealth…

Oh you’re talking about pvp, no wonder. I was baffled when the other person said that about condi builds and glint. Was like “wtf condi revs don’t use Glint.” And they don’t, in pve at least. But pvp is another matter entirely. Not really familiar with what builds are best there. But for pve purposes, Renegade will probably be the elite spec to go with I imagine.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

the sb skills look kinda bad, way too obvious for pvp.. i hope that the renegade traits dont focus on condition only since i prefer power anyway

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Oh you’re talking about pvp, no wonder. I was baffled when the other person said that about condi builds and glint. Was like “wtf condi revs don’t use Glint.” And they don’t, in pve at least. But pvp is another matter entirely. Not really familiar with what builds are best there. But for pve purposes, Renegade will probably be the elite spec to go with I imagine.

I think what’s good is that if you want to play condi, you have choices of traits, for PVE or PVP; a fairly unique thing in this game. Yes, I was referring to PVE when I questioned the idea that a condi Rev would use Glint. I can’t see the benefit of Glint over Mallyx in that situation.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Episcopos.5206

Episcopos.5206

Everything but traits.

Also, notice the massive Energy costs of the F2-F4 skills, upwards to 40. In general, reminds me of Ritualist – Warband AI members are basically Ghosts.

Wow, it also seems as if there is very little defensive options either with the new weapon or skills so far outside of that heal – no disengage, no condi removal, no stability… hopefully the traits have something.

A Dire condi rev for Wvw should have a blast though.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Morvar.9864

Morvar.9864

Everything but traits.
will have to wait and see the traits.

Thank you for this picture. With all the partnered streamers, how on earth is it possible that none of them actually gave us footage of all the skills and traits?

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

I really want to see those traits I’m hoping it has more Alacrity up time and ability to buff condi subgroups in raids. That would cement it, along with a Firebrand, as a great combination alternative to bringing a second chronomancer, especially if each can support while bringing respectable self dps to their group.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

So..
0 defensive options/kiting on bow
0 stability on utilities
0 stunbreaks
0 condi clear
0 mobility
0 disengage
Poor healing

Sounds like fun pvp spec kappa. At this point its obvious that people who want to play condi will go renegade for bow (that should be core anyway) and Shiro/Mallyx, Kalla utilities are useless af outside of pve maybe. Well done Anet.

Attachments:

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: tuvok.7806

tuvok.7806

the stunbreak is on the heal

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

the stunbreak is on the heal

That may be a trait and either way stunbreak on a heal skill is a horrible idea – what if i get cc on full hp and want to break it trying to avoid getting eated alive? I lose the small heal it has leaving me with no sustain in this stance. What is needed is a utility specifically designed to stunbreak like Shiro riposting shadows. As it is now, i dont see any use of Kalla outside of pve support.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Set.7461

Set.7461

I don’t know how I feel about it yet but at least it’s better, energy wise, than that insanely expensive stunbreak on Jalis elite. I do agree with you. I would like to see active mobility and defensive stuff.

I can guess we’ll have to slot retribution for defense but unless they improve that traitline, it’s not looking good.

Renegade Confirmed.

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

As for the weapon it looks fairly generic from a mechanical standpoint. Zoning tool, a CC, two standard damage dealing abilities, one which is basically Ranger’s Rapid Fire, but with Torment added. Plus for cleaving AA. Doesn’t seem to have any bigger gameplay theme or mechanics that stand out. The portal thing sounds like a purely visual thing.

The portal flavor allows some unusual behaviour for the arrow skills. For example, revenant’s version of rapid fire does not shoot in a straight line like ranger’s, but instead spreads from multiple directions for area damage. And there’s also that reverted cone skill, which is interesting.

One thing I’ve noticed is that the 5th’s skill “wave” animation didn’t cancel itself once it hit a rock. Instead, the animation continued itself above the wall. Makes me wonder if that’s some new technology and if Anet is panning to retroactively change all ground skills that are cancelled by ground shape.