Renegade: The Good?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zanobi.1608

Zanobi.1608

The beta weekend is now over, and it is no secret that the overall reception to renegade has been poor. But before they get lost amidst the valid criticisms, I would like open this thread to focus on what people actually liked from the Renegade spec. This isn’t to invalid the negatives of Renegade, but it would be nice to see what people thought was good about the spec. So if there was anything at all you liked about Renegade feel free to post them here.

The common ones I’ve heard so far are
– Visuals: the animations look nice especially if you have a legendary shortbow.
– Theme: Some people really like the whole ritualist style gameplay with a focus on the Charr Warband.
-Shortbow: Some people have suggested they really like the shortbow.

Pve
- It opens up another source of might which allows both a condi dps Renegade and a Ventari healer Renegade to act as might support for a subgroup increasing the number of viable raid subsquads (read: the warrior can do something else other than provide might so long as they can provide banners)
- It should bump Rev’s condi dps from 32k to a 34k+ if there are no changes which makes it a viable(probably not optimal) dps pick for higher end groups. It remains to be seen whether or not it will be competitive with other PoF specs but it currently looks promising.
- The shortbow will be a nice open world pve tagging weapon for farming.
- If the Elite continues to have no icd, then it will be a dps increase and a giant heal for groups in a raid setting allowing for higher scholar uptime, and removing the need for a fully dedicated healer (thus increasing overall build variety, but sadly you will be stuck with that druid forever cause GoTL essential.) It will probably be a little nuts when it augments weavers and other classes with multihit damage fields.

Pvp
– You could probably bully a firebrand.
– You have an aoe daze for point control.
– Lifesteal pressure theoretically increases pressure and sustain in a teamfight.
– Ventari Renegade may be the new meme?

Wvw
– Potentially Increases the condi bomb of the zerg with bleed spirit.
– Aoe daze spirit will rip one stack of stability before it is vaporized.
– Chaining the Renegade Heal and swapping into RtGD may help a zerg survive a condi bomb.

Again this thread isn’t to invalidate or ignore the problems with Renegade, its just to give a voice to the things people may have liked or potential options in playstyle they may have seen open up.

Renegatus [Ren]

in Revenant

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

animation is pretty nice,traits are good, shortbow need some bug fixes and qol changes, theme is good but utilities executed rather poorly

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

about visuals, only shortbow and F3 look good to me. Wells/summons are basically charrs dancing in the air emitting random projectiles. Could be scrapped completely for just an area of effect.

The new Guardian elite spec has some amazing animations. Kalla’s skills are nothing in comparison. I’m sorry for whoever did them.

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I thought the shortbow was good. Especially in combination with Mallyx it seemed to work well. And with something like Seraph gear it might work well with Ventari.

Sevenshot could be tricky to use to maximum effect with many regular sized moving targets but it’s only one ability.

I like the idea of summoning warband members. Implementation missed the mark but I like the idea.

in Revenant

Posted by: Frogger.2375

Frogger.2375

There was an interesting effect with sevenshot when you had instant cast ground targeting and allow retargeting checked in options that would have the arrows cross at your cursor rather than meeting at the end range of the skill. I found a post on the forums here about it and honestly, that changed the whole feel of the skill and it was a lot more fun to use as well as being quite functional at close range.

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Hopefully with a few tweaks such as the thousands suggested ANET can save this new elite. Completely….probably not, but at least give us a tad better start out the gate. Many of you, OP included, have made TONS of very good and very sound suggestions and feedback that would help to make this class a success and I for one am really hoping that ANET does read through these and looks at each other and says:
“Yea, we got time, lets do this!” I also still believe in Santa Claus so yea…….

in Revenant

Posted by: VixusIrine.9013

VixusIrine.9013

Thematically I love it. It’s pretty great. I like the fact that we have a medium ranged option for condi builds are quite nice now. However the utilities still need tweaking or a rework. How would people feel if anet went the way of Necro minions by having them as actual minions with corresponding skills that can be activated on command? Having a mix between summons and wells feels really weird to me and I don’t like it all that much. They should either go all out and make them proper minions or just make them into AoE’s with fancy effects on them.

in Revenant

Posted by: Thermaltron.6829

Thermaltron.6829

The Good is that they still have a chance to make the Elite decent before launch

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

The Good is that they still have a chance to make the Elite decent before launch

2 years of developement fixed in less than 1 month? Meh.

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

The goods of this class is only for pve, which most of the damage can be mitigated and the lack of cleanse/ heal can be covered by other party member.

So a straight group dps buff class would definitely have some uses.
But this is the exact problem of this spec, it has no place in pvp.
I didn’t even use Renegade legend despite picking up Renegade.
I pick Mallyx and Shiro or Mallyx and Dwarf.

So the legend itself is so terrible in pvp that we can pick the trait and not even using the legend involves with it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Oh ye of little faith…….believe in them!
It may come to pass……

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Very few bugs!!! None of the bugs made the skills/traits 100% unusable like how revenant had been for a year

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

Caeledh.5437

Didn’t they mention that Renegade was one of the elites which was sent back to the drawing board? Possibly more than once.

It’s obviously a mess but if they had the will to fix it, it could be done. If we / they can arrive at a solution which mainly requires code changes rather than graphical ones then it’s not that big a job.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

The problem is not really Renegade, aside from the terrible energy costs, but core Revenant. It now needs a buff and condi cleanse.

in Revenant

Caeledh.5437

The problem is not really Renegade, aside from the terrible energy costs, but core Revenant. It now needs a buff and condi cleanse.

No. Renegade is definitely a problem and for many of us for completely different reasons to those.

I think the energy costs are fine. It’s the cooldowns I want to see go.

FYI here’s you yourself saying Renegade is a problem.

This subforum has many experienced Revenants and none of them is happy with Renegade. It’s simply bad design, functionality, usage and looks.

(edited by Caeledh.5437)

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

No. Renegade is definitely a problem and for many of us for completely different reasons to those.

I think the energy costs are fine. It’s the cooldowns I want to see go.

The energy costs on Renegade are not fine at all.
You can basically do just 1 utility and 1 F-skill after swap, and that’s all until you can double swap again.
It’s terrible.

I think they should completely remove energy cost from F-skills and reduce the costs on utility skills. Also, yeah, cooldowns don’t go with energy, I agree on that, and stunbreak on heal is terrible.

And please don’t misunderstand me, I basically hate the Renegade, but fixing it won’t solve most of the problem that core Revenant will have in PoF with the condi craze and the boonrips. Basically Mallyx is indirectly nerfed, as well as Glint, since there is a lot more boon corruption around. And since every new spec outputs like 4 conditions on every skill, our 2 condi cleanse on Jalis is garbage.