Renegade Traits

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: aimz.6287

aimz.6287

Before you come in here and bash me. All I want are the revenant’s renegade traitline info. DOES ANYONE have a screen shot ANYONE lol plsssss I’m dying to read them.. Its not fair everyone else gets to read there traitlines but us :/

8/14/2017 – So the traits came out scroll down to read em to my latest messaged, or click the link https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renegade

(edited by aimz.6287)

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Elite specs are next preview weekend, not this one, unfortunately. And not everyone has gotten to see theirs. Soulbeast, for example, also hasn’t gotten much attention from the peeps who were in the press/partner preview. We know the minor adapt and the grandmasters, but nothing of the rest in-between.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Elite specs are next preview weekend, not this one, unfortunately. And not everyone has gotten to see theirs. Soulbeast, for example, also hasn’t gotten much attention from the peeps who were in the press/partner preview. We know the minor adapt and the grandmasters, but nothing of the rest in-between.

“Not this one” ?

Are you saying that the Renegade elite spec will not be among those playable next week ?

Source ?

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Kreed.2768

“Not this one” ?

Are you saying that the Renegade elite spec will not be among those playable next week ?

Source ?

No, I’m saying it’s not playable in the current preview weekend that’s going on as I’m writing this – none of the new elite specs are. We’ll be able to play them in the next one, which is, as you say, next week.

Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Cenda.2814

Cenda.2814

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Thank you! MVP

But the traits are kind of a letdown, I was hoping at least they would be OK after the terrible skills.

(edited by NotASmurf.1725)

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Set.7461

Set.7461

Finally! Cenda, you’re the man! Time to theorycraft…

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Kreed.2768

Sweet. I saw the Soulbeast’s were datamined, so came over to the Rev section to see if Renegade was also mined. Nice!

Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I’m mostly okay with what I think the grandmasters are, however there’s too much “gain kalla’s fervor” spam in these traits. It’s not that hard to get the buff to begin with. I think they should change at least 2 of these to do something else.

Also, let us share kalla’s fervor pls

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

I would also suggest switching Sudden Reversal (currently minor) with vindication(currenty major). Sudden reversal doesn’t do much for us in pve, while Vindication can be used to our advantadge in any of the 3 gamemodes.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Ruh-roh.

That seems a PvE oriented traitline.

I mean:

• You gain stacks of Fervor and enhanced damage and Fury as long as you don’t evade.
  • Is mostly a dps enhancer vs non dangerous foes, with a couple of team oriented traits.
  • There’s a single cripple, which is the only cc available (soft orhard).
  • The traitline has 0 stunbreaks, 0 condition cleanses, 0 access to swiftness, quickness, motion gaps or invulnerability frames. And of course there’s no stability: ANet will give stealth + backstab to the Orr Abominations before letting a Rev to gain access to stability.

So, that is. I see very poor sinergy with the Corruption traitline. Theoretically the Renegade spec brings the condi Rev the ability to wield a ranged hybrid weapon (short bow), enhances the damage and that’s all. Summons are pretty much useless pets for anything besides fighting the A.I.

The shortbow itself has his own set of problems (no defensive skill in a 5 skill weapon, no cc, no mobility), and I guess that most of Revs interested in using a hybrid build for roaming or PvP will use Mallyx + Shiro. Is possible that some of them even resign the shorbow because as pure damage dealers the mace + axe combo seems stronger and due the lack of defensive capabilities of both setups (shortbow/mace+axe) one of them should make room for the staff (otherwise two evades and a couple of stunbreaks are the only obstacle between you and the death).

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

ANet will give stealth + backstab to the Orr Abominations before letting a Rev to gain access to stability.

Except they have a legend and a traitline almost dedicated to defense and stability

The shortbow itself has his own set of problems (no defensive skill in a 5 skill weapon, no cc, no mobility),

Skill 5 is a line that knocks down foes for 2 seconds on a 20 sec CD

Have you even read the skills?

The rest at least isn’t to far off.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

ANet will give stealth + backstab to the Orr Abominations before letting a Rev to gain access to stability.

Except they have a legend and a traitline almost dedicated to defense and stability

Except Jalis doesn’t either work as a tank or as a bruiser. No one uses Jalis in Conquest or roaming; if you fight against any bruiser or tank in the game (including Ventari Rev) using Jalis in your build you will gonna die.

Something is wrong when your legend devoted to defense do reduce your sustain and chances of survival if you use it. And I’m not asking for stability: I’m now used to play without stab. What I’m searching for is for solutions to make the duels vs classes with high mobility and easy access to stealth and power/condition burst and cc (thieves, mesmers… ) to be less one-sided. That’s the reason due I don’t see things like shortbow #5 being a thing, outside PvE raids. I can’t land an interruptable AoE over a foe that I can’t watch, and the burn duration seems small (so I can’t figth in my own flames as easily as a Warrior).

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Just for the sake of lisibility, the wiki also has them clean

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Thank you very much for this!

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

Looking at these traits, why do people think the Shortbow will make condi dmg good for rev?

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

It’s not that it will make it good. Condi rev is already good, the problem is that it doesn’t have any ranged condi damage, which is what shortbow provides

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

It’s not that it will make it good. Condi rev is already good, the problem is that it doesn’t have any ranged condi damage, which is what shortbow provides

I’m assuming the skills do then? Cuase don’t really see any in the traits heh.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

Well you can get up to 20% condi damage with the traits, more so for bleeds (though this doesn’t really affect current condi rev much).

But yeah I admit I was expecting more condi interaction. Too many traits are variations to get kalla’s fervor, and a couple are in quite the wrong places.
We’re forced to take a minor trait that gives us a knockdown on stun break but the only stun break renegade has is on its heal, which is already super weird in and of itself. That needs to be looked at.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Thiazi.1250

Thiazi.1250

But yeah I admit I was expecting more condi interaction. Too many traits are variations to get kalla’s fervor, and a couple are in quite the wrong places.
We’re forced to take a minor trait that gives us a knockdown on stun break but the only stun break renegade has is on its heal, which is already super weird in and of itself. That needs to be looked at.

The weirdness was due to the wiki literally having the traits in the wrong places. Looks like somebody fixed them though, so I’m saved from trying to create an account and edit stuff.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Vennyhedgie.5369

The weirdness was due to the wiki literally having the traits in the wrong places. Looks like somebody fixed them though, so I’m saved from trying to create an account and edit stuff.

Oh is the current order the correct one? I can’t really tell which one’s minor and major from the screenshots I saw so I have to go with what the wiki says

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Except for the 10%-20% condi damage of Kalla’s fever, the 25% Bleed Duration under Fury, and the 25% extra bleed damage, ya?

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Now I’m wondering whether Grieving or Viper stats will be better for them.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I’m disappointed we didn’t get any energy regen in the traits. The renegade abilities have insane energy costs. >_<

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Kreed.2768

I’m disappointed we didn’t get any energy regen in the traits. The renegade abilities have insane energy costs. >_<

Then it would be better to reduce energy costs on abilities, instead of introducing a trait that would very likely end up becoming “mandatory,” which cripples build diversity.

Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Well yes, but you know they aren’t going to do that. So having some sort of trait was the last hope…

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Then it would be better to reduce energy costs on abilities, instead of introducing a trait that would very likely end up becoming “mandatory,” which cripples build diversity.

The issue of mandatory for builds would be compounded by this energy trait being in Renegade, an elite spec. How they would balance that in the future would be a nightmare.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Hexalot.8194

“Not this one” ?

Source ?

No, I’m saying it’s not playable in the current preview weekend that’s going on as I’m writing this – none of the new elite specs are. We’ll be able to play them in the next one, which is, as you say, next week.

Ah yes, my apologies. I read that totally wrong, LOL.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Hexalot.8194

Thank you sir !

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Hexalot.8194

Hmmm… so the core Corruption trait already gives a 20% boost to Torment damage.

Renegade trait will now allow you to boost bleed damage by 25%.

Kalla’s Ferver can stack up to 20% damage on top of the above boosted Conditions, plus increase our other Condi such as Confusion and Burning by same 20%.

LOL… WvW Condi bomb incoming !

Spell Breaker will become mandatory in all squads.

Edit: forgot about Ferocious aggression in Invocation trait (additional 7% condi dmg with fury).

(edited by Hexalot.8194)

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

OK, I gave in and looked at them.
I am excited.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

The Renegade seems to be an offensive support for groups (especially for condition damage). It does not offer much otherwise.

As someone else mentioned, no CC break, sustain or stability. It will not be used in sPvP the way it is currently structured.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

aimz.6287

These are the Elite Specs for the revenant Renegade.

Minor Adept – Ambush Commander – When you critically strike, or attack your enemies from behind or their flanks, you’ll inspire yourself with Kalla’s Fervor.
Gain access to Citadel Order abilities.

Major Adept – Ashen Demeanor –
Disabling a foe cripples your enemy, which leaves them vulnerable and inspires you with Kalla’s Fervor.

Major Adept – Blood Fury – Fury increases the duration of bleeds you inflict. Gaining fury inspires you with Kalla’s Fervor

Major Adept – Wrought-Iron Will – Evading an attack inspires you with Kalla’s Fervor and grants boons to nearby allies

Minor Master – Brutal Momentum –
While at full endurance, increase your chance to critically strike. Gain vigor when you gain fury

Major Master – All for One –
Using Legendary Renegade abilities grants protection to allies near the summoned warband member.

Major Master – Heartpiercer – Your short bow skills now pierce. Bleeding you inflict deals more damage

Major Master – Sudden Reversal – Unleash a roar at nearby enemies when you break a stun, knocking them down.

Minor Grandmaster – Endless Enmity – Gain fury when you critically strike a foe below the health threshold.

Major Grandmaster – Lasting Legacy –
Kalla’s Fervor you inspire lasts longer. Increase your maximum potential stacks of Kalla’s Fervor.

Major Grandmaster – Righteous Rebel – While you have maximum stacks of Kalla’s Fervor, receive reduced damage from conditions. Orders from Above lasts longer and affects a larger area.

Major Grandmaster – Vindication – Gaining Kalla’s Fervor grants you might. Citadel Bombardment pulls more missiles into Tyria for every stack of Kalla’s Fervor affecting you.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Hexalot.8194

Minor Adept – Ambush Commander – When you critically strike, or attack your enemies from behind or their flanks, you’ll inspire yourself with Kalla’s Fervor.

Disabling a foe cripples your enemy, which leaves them vulnerable and inspires you with Kalla’s Fervor.

Major Adept – Blood Fury – Fury increases the duration of bleeds you inflict. Gaining fury inspires you with Kalla’s Fervor

Major Adept – Wrought-Iron Will – Evading an attack inspires you with Kalla’s Fervor and grants boons to nearby allies

While at full endurance, increase your chance to critically strike. Gain vigor when you gain fury

Using Legendary Renegade abilities grants protection to allies near the summoned warband member.

Major Master – Heartpiercer – Your short bow skills now pierce. Bleeding you inflict deals more damage

Major Master – Sudden Reversal – Unleash a roar at nearby enemies when you break a stun, knocking them down.

Minor Grandmaster – Endless Enmity – Gain fury when you critically strike a foe below the health threshold.

Kalla’s Fervor you inspire lasts longer. Increase your maximum potential stacks of Kalla’s Fervor.

Major Grandmaster – Righteous Rebel – While you have maximum stacks of Kalla’s Fervor, receive reduced damage from conditions. Orders from Above lasts longer and affects a larger area.

Major Grandmaster – Vindication – Gaining Kalla’s Fervor grants you might. Citadel Bombardment pulls more missiles into Tyria for every stack of Kalla’s Fervor affecting you.

LOL… someone is late to the party. Look further up the thread.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

aimz.6287

LOL… someone is late to the party. Look further up the thread.

Lol I know I’m a bit late but sometimes people don’t want to click links or are scared too and that’s okay lol so that’s why I posted it here. Or people don’t want to click link and just want to stay on the same page because it takes them 20 years to open up a page on the internet because they got poor connection or poor hard drive any factor may be so yea FOR THE PEOPLE WHO NEED IT RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW! LOL

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

^^
Channeling Glint.

Renegade Traits

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Ok, someone had to it so I will….

https://youtu.be/5QbpGm13aQg