Renegade (beta) will not be good in PvE

in Revenant

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

Regarding Renegade in Raids -

I didn’t stress test, but don’t people have to stand in the Summons “well” area in order to get the buff?

Isn’t that something that will most likely not happen in raids?

Haven’t raided in GW2, but I’ve done extensive raiding in other MMO’s. And one of the core things is, you rarely stand in one place for long.

If both are true, that just means people won’t be able to stand in the summons area for long, reducing the effect of the buffs.

If one of those is false, feel free to ignore my post.

in Revenant

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

From the stress test:

- SB is pointless unless you absolutely cannot fight in melee.
- F2-F4 skills are unusable due to energy cost and cuz they do not do much to begin with.
- Utilities may have some niche uses, but cost too much energy to be used consistently.
- Heroic is where all energy should be dumped. It offers the highest damage and sustainability for its cost in PvE.

Renegade surly buffs condi damage in PvE, but it is just due to Kalla’s Fervor and heroic spam. It also simplify condi rev game play. Mallyx heroikittenil you run out of energy, then Kalla do the same. Kinda like how things are now.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ertrak.9506

Ertrak.9506

I didn’t stress test, but don’t people have to stand in the Summons “well” area in order to get the buff?

Haven’t raided in GW2, but I’ve done extensive raiding in other MMO’s. And one of the core things is, you rarely stand in one place for long.

If both are true, that just means people won’t be able to stand in the summons area for long, reducing the effect of the buffs.

Gw2 raiding is focused around grouping up and staying that way, for the most part. So it happens a lot

in Revenant

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

Gw2 raiding is focused around grouping up and staying that way, for the most part. So it happens a lot

So you just group, stand in one location, and do a rotation?

Well that sounds extremely boring. Like, severely worse than just open world PVE.

in Revenant

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

just wait and see, theyve said they have changes comming, the stress just is the older build still.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

From the stress test:

- F2-F4 skills are unusable due to energy cost and cuz they do not do much to begin with.
- Utilities may have some niche uses, but cost too much energy to be used consistently.
- Heroic is where all energy should be dumped. It offers the highest damage and sustainability for its cost in PvE.

Renegade surly buffs condi damage in PvE, but it is just due to Kalla’s Fervor and heroic spam. It also simplify condi rev game play. Mallyx heroikittenil you run out of energy, then Kalla do the same. Kinda like how things are now.

Agreed. Kalla’s Fervor is basically the only good thing about this spec, for both condi and power builds.
The rest is almost completely trash.

This basically means that on the 22nd we’ll see that Kalla’s Fervor has been nerfed.

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

From the stress test:

Agreed. Kalla’s Fervor is basically the only good thing about this spec, for both condi and power builds.
The rest is almost completely trash.

This basically means that on the 22nd we’ll see that Kalla’s Fervor has been nerfed.

I lol’d, because this feels more true than it should be.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Agree to disagree. First off Renegade does not chain you to Kalla. Or the shortbow. Only thing you’re chained to as renegade is the elite spec line and wholly optional F2-F4 skills that don’t take away anything from core Reve.

That’s hardly a ringing endorsement of the spec as a whole though, is it? “Yeah, 90% of the class is completely worthless, but if you just take the absolute minimum that it offers, that’s not too bad. . .”

That, to me, is a failure. If that’s true, then they need to make that other 90% of the class so good that you’d take it even without that 10% that you like. And then if the resulting 100% is too strong then they tone back that 10% to balance it out, but the point is that each individual function of a spec should be enough of a selling point that you would want to have it.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Revenant

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Ok, I don’t really raid myself, but I have seen videos, and from what I’ve seen and what little I’ve played, you NEVER stand still! Yes, you tend to stick together with other players in a lot of the encounters, but you do so while constantly on the move, circling the enemy, avoiding AoEs, basically never being in one place. so while a stationary buff circle might work in a few encounters, it’s basically worthless in a ton of them.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”